Having problems with Gettington?

6250 Ridgewood Rd
Postal Address
PO Box 166, Newark, NJ 07101-0166

Complaints & Reviews

Gettington — Billing

ElSafeline was added to my bill without my consent. As of now 1650.00 is from just that. That happens to be...

GettingtonPots and pans and a small vacuum cleaner

I originally ordered pots and pans and a small vacuum cleaner but I returned both of the products within a week because they were not what I wanted. Gettington is still charging me for the products I don't do have and they're saying I have a past due balance. I already sent $40 but they are still asking for more, which I do not think I should be paying.

GettingtonSeems a bit sketchy... Strange

I closed my account and paid off my balance. When I let them know my email address changed I was turned over to customer service and the rep asked me for my entire social security number! I told her no way that usually I'm asked for last 4 digits. She said it was "standard practice" and that "people do it all the time"! I said no way I want to talk to your supervisor. That's how identifies get stolen. I was on hold forever and hung up and called back. The rep I talked to said they are only supposed to ask for last 4 digits of social security number. BE CAREFUL your life is attached to this number!! I would not do it. DO NOT GIVE YOUR WHOLE NUMBER OUT ITS NOT STANDARD PRACTICE!

GettingtonNon-receipt of ordered clothing

-Provides slick, professional-looking webpage which uses an established, branded company "Sahalie" as the bait
      -April 17, 2019 Online Order Placed
      2. Gettington's "Customer Service" webpage provided bogus looped voicemail
      -Company cannot be reached
      -Called Credit Union to issue new card
      -Issued complaints to BBB & "ScamFinance" webs

Gettingtontreadmill does not work.

the box the treadmill arrived in, was almost totally destroyed in transit. I CAN'T rebox it, and I can't lift it to get it into a box anyway. Your absolutely ridiculous customer service number never allows you to actually speak to someone, and does not cover my problem. I want this picked up. YOU can box it, and I want all of my money, including shipping costs, returned to my account.

Gettington — gettington company in whole

Bad, bad, bad, very bad experience I will tell you people a little story so in your future you are aware of...

GettingtonAwful company

They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Who cares about their products, if their customer service is so terrible?
          Most of them don't even speak English well, not to mention that they are poorly trained (if they're trained, actually) and are very nervous.
          My problem wasn't resolved and no wonder why. Moreover, a representative was ignorant and rude to me, probably because his English left much to be desired and he simply didn't understand what I wanted from him.
          This business should be closed.

Gettington — credit account

I got your name on my credit report and I never ordered anything from you. I can't get through the phone...

Gettington — safeline plus

After Hurricane Sandy i had no residence for over 5 months.. So i had to go paperless since i dint want my...

GettingtonFraudulent charges

I joined Gettington about six months ago and ordered a few things from this website. Without my permission they signed me up for a membership and these six months they were charging me without my permission. I never agreed to sign up and they never even asked if I wanted to. I asked for a refund many times and recently they finally agreed! They refunded me only one months and they still owe me for the other 5! Do not deal with this scam! I'll cancel my account as soon as I get all my money back!

GettingtonThe biggest rip off ever!

I assure you that this website is 100% fake and that all they need is your money! Check all the reviews and believe me that all the negative ones are the ones you should really trust! Ordered some products back in October 2015 and it is now April 2016 and still nothing. There is no way to contact Gettington because they are ignoring all the messages and never reply. There are many people like me who did not receive anything, people who did get their items complain about their items being damaged. This place should be investigated and shut down!

Gettington/Fingerhut — The Safeline Plus Disability payment program

Same thing here Fingerhut and gettington along with Safeline have a little criminal Racket going on here and...

West Blocton

www.gettington.comThe seller refused to take sofa back, but the quality was too bad

I have bought sofa and grill from www.gettington.com. I got everything on time, but the quality was awful and I immediately contacted the seller. I said that I wanted to return the order back, because it was too bad and would like to get money back. It wasn’t worth to pay such huge price for the bad-quality sofa. However, the seller refused to pay back or take the sofa, he simply told that he could do nothing and hung up on me.

GettingtonUnhappy customer

I made an order back in November. Since items I bought were supposed to be Christmas presents I ordered in advance. The promise delivery date was December 10th. However, I received nothing, so I went online to track the order. The delivery date was changed. Well, it is now January 29th and I received nothing yet. When I contacted Gettington customer service I was told that my order was cancelled. They said that I need to re-order the items. They offered me a free shipping too. But I demanded a refund, because Christmas passed long ago. After I mentioned a refund I heard nothing from them. Complete scammers! People, seriously think twice before ordering anything from this company!

Gettington.comUnethical Practices

I sent back a purchase in December. Did not hear anything and assumed my balance was zero. Well the did credit back everything except for $30 or $40 dollars. I did not log in until March and discovered my balance was not zero but $100! Apparently they added on late fees. I emailed them proposing that I will pay the $30-$40 but would they credit back the late fees, they did. A few weeks later a pulled my credit report and saw on February 7th they reported me as being late on a payment. I sent a letter asking politely if they would remove this from my credit report and I got a letter back basically saying "I deserved it and no". My credit score has fallen dramatically because of this. Gettington reported me as being late on a balance that they credited back by 50% but wont remove the late payment from my credit report? I returned my most recent order, will pay whatever remaining amount is left and proudly cancel my account. They reported me as being late after 37 days. Were sympathetic enough to credit late fees but not at all to ruining someones credit report, over a returned item. They truly do not care about helping people "build up their credit".
                    THINK TWICE BEFORE SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM. THEY CAN EASILY AND RAPIDLY RUIN YOU!

• Er
                        eric2225chad Aug 31, 2012

I was turned down with scores from 613 to 635 and took a hit an all 3 bureaus. Thought this for poor credit

• Li
                        Livid customer 829 Mar 02, 2015

Customer service is horrible. They will talk over you . I was excused of not paying my bill when it was coming out my account. I paid in full and will never deal with them again. Just another scam company. Very glad it was over the phone cs would have ended nastier her attitude was so poor.

Gettington.comJerked around

Just
                      got off the phone with customer support for the 3rd time. I ordered an exercise
                      machine on Dec 11th and still had not received it. When I talked to CS exactly
                      one week ago it was decided that I would wait till the 5th to check back and if
                      it had not shipped yet I would then cancel the order. When I called today to
                      see if it had shipped I was told that the manufacturer cancelled the order because
                      "I had moved and it would be shipped to the wrong address!!!"
                      Although we are planning a move soon, I have not yet moved... I waited
                      56 days for delivery and still did not get the product and someone took the
                      liberty of cancelling my order for me before it should have been. This is the
                      first time I have ordered from Gettington
                      and I am sorely disappointed, I will never try to do business with them again.

Gettingtoncomforter

DO NO PURCHASE THIS ITEM!!!~
                        Sent 8/9/13 sent to getting no copied.
                        Sent 8/11/13--Gettington is selling old down comforters. I have put one review up here and they will not post it. The item they sent was infested with bed bugs. I have lived in the same place for 17 years and have NEVER had any problems. I also research this information and found out that down comforters can be a resting place for old down comforters that may have long self life. I put the item on my bed after being very excited to received my comforter. After having the comforter on the bed for no longer than a week. BUGS WERE EVERYWHERE. I tried to call and speak with CS and they told me that I was nuts. I have a comforter from Macy and have had for two week now...NO BUGS...

• Pr
                            pre-qapproved credit???? Jul 26, 2014

I received the 750$ approved credit and then found out that really means I was "selected" to apply for their credit to see if I can then buy from them.
                            This is truly fraud

GettingtonThe keep charging me a late fee on a late fee I disputed.

The keep charging me a late fee on a late fee I disputed. I paid everthing but the disputed amount and they have added two more late fees on top of the original. The first late fee was on my first statement that they sent to me too late to be paid on time. I have paid everything but the late fees. I have sent them two letters and now I just got another statement with a late fee. This company is a scam.

GettingtonCustomer service

was one day late paying bill phone call came in at 8a.m. saying i was taken to collections. i paid the bill they waved the late fees and service fees. paid the next installment on dec 24th for the amount that was scheduled cot a call at 8:15 on the 28th say this is collections and i owed the late fee and another was slapped on it i fought the late fees paid the bill off and closed the account. no grace period and the people are very rude to talk to will not recommend this company to anyone
                            joe

Gettingtonorder

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I ordered a gift online from Gettington and the tommy bahama cooler I purchased arrived with a large dent. Customer service reported that would mail a return postage and it would take 10-15. After complaining and speaking with the supervisor she stated that they could email the return postage. We shipped the package right away and they told us it would take 10-15 to process the exchange. Its been 3 weeks and they still have not sent us the new cooler. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE and basically they did not do anything for you. This is a gift and I ordered it in advance but still no product. I will NEVER order from them again.