[Resolved] Getaroomrejection of confirmrd online booking

S Review updated:

I have a confirmed booking online via getaroom.com at radisson blu fujairah, UAE. From 19 August 2015 for 3 nights. the full amount deducted from my bank account but the reservation personal in the hotel deny my booking and forced me to pay deposit according to hotel rate till they contact the travel agency.
I spoke to travel agency, they resent confirmation email to hotel but the reservation personal still say he has to speak to them.

• Getaroom's response · Oct 25, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact number for the Creekstone Inn reservations department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured, we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through various sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well. Please accept our sincere apologies that you felt misled.
    so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from your complaint, the hotel provided you with documentation that disclosed a lower rate than what you initially paid. Unfortunately, the hotel provided this documentation to you in error and should not have revealed this rate as your reservation was already prepaid at the time of booking. The rate which the hotel inadvertently revealed is a pre-negotiated contract rate between the hotel/supplier and Getaroom.
    While we go to great lengths to ensure all of our partners follow the proper billing procedures, incidents like this are sometimes beyond our control. However, in an effort to resolve your concerns and as a gesture of goodwill, we show that we have issued a refund in the amount of ($50.00) back to the original form of payment.
    We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope you find this gesture to be sincere and in good faith.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations

• Resolution Statement

• Br
    Brian Holloway2 Aug 15, 2018

All representatives spoke with thick accents and were difficult to understand. They deliberately misrepresented themselves as hotel personnel rather than a 3rd party booking agency, as many others have noted. They also failed to mention that the booking was completely nonrefundable (not even the typical grace period). Very dishonest. Buyer beware!

• Sc
    Schex96 Aug 21, 2018

They billed me over their advertised price and refused to address the issue, even told me they were sorry I booked my reservation wrong while talking over me. Make sure you check your email conformation before you check in. The only reason I found out is because the hotel charged me too but they charged the right amount.

Jazzieb27 Aug 29, 2018

I seen my money was gone when I went to pay a bill

• Pf
    Pfsoj Oct 23, 2018

Actual hotel charge was $200 LESS than I was charged by getaroom. Was informed that there will be no refund for the difference. NOT good business!!!