Getaroom company logo

Last seen 24 hours ago

reviews & complaints
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

334 complaints
270 resolved 64 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Getaroom customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Getaroom reviews & complaints 41 - 80

Getaroom complaints 334

P
Nov 13, 2021

Getaroom - Hotel Reservation

Booked a room at Super 8 in Yreka, CA on 9/28/21. Room cost $99. After we confirmed the reservation, Getaroom tacked on $50 fee. We were not aware we were dealing with a third-party. We tried TWENTY-ONE times to cancel this reservation, Getaroom hung up on us TWENTY-ONE times. Disputed charge with Getaroom on 9/29/21. Their response was, "we have no record of your call to cancel"?!? This is not just. We were charged for the room we didn't use because we could not cancel. Getaroom should not be allow to profit from their own incompetence.

Desired outcome: Refund the full price of the reservation ($152)

Getaroom - Hotel Reservation - Non-Refundable

I made a reservation to who I believed to be West Gate River Ranch and it turned out to be a third party, you, Getaroom.com. I made reservation #R2928727707 on November 8, 2021 @ 11:36 pm, the next morning, I tried cancelling the reservation and was told it was non-refundable. Representative on the line tried to tell me that according to the hotel's cancellation policy, the charge of $638.00 was non-refundable. I was livid. I immediately called American Express and opened a fraudulent case. I received a confirmation from who I thought would be West Gate and it was from HOTELVALUES.COM. The reservation confirmation email has a section that is bold which states Cancellation Policy. Under this section, it states that the reservation is subject to the HOTEL'S cancellation policy which is: The reservation is non-refundable. There is no refund for no-shows or early checkouts. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FRAUDULENT. THE HOTEL HAS A CANCELLATION POLICY OF 72HR ADVANCE NOTICE. My reservation is for December 27, 2021. Your organization is a total fraud and scam. You should be ashamed to take people who work hard to be able to take their families on vacation then when the family has to cancel and with plenty of notice, you tell them that their reservation is NON-REFUNDABLE! My attorney will be getting in touch with you. Mayra

Desired outcome: Full Refund

P
Nov 13, 2021

G

Paul, We have provided a resolution regarding your review and an email has been sent to you directly detailing this information. On behalf of the entire Customer Service department with Getaroom, we thank you for your feed-back and apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused you. We take our customers’ reviews very seriously, and we’d like to thank you for updating your star rating for your customer service experience on ComplaintsBoard.

Getaroom - İnvoicing hotel accomodation

I have booked my hoyel via HotelValıe.com, stayed at the hotel and checked out. Asked hotel for invoice, hotel said no invoice as booking done via other company. So I asked HotelValıe for invoice; they stated they cannot give invoice.
So I have a business trip and have a cost which I cannot invoice to my company.
I travel international in average 3 times monthly. Never had faced such problem.
That eas the first and last time on Hotel Valıe via Getaroom.

Getaroom - Tax recovery charges and service fees

I had booked a reservation on line with this site on October 6, 2021 for a two night stay at the Holiday Inn in Deer Lake, NL arriving October 12, 2021 and departing October 14, 2021. They advertised...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - Getaroom double billed for a room and failed to refund even though the hotel confirmed it would refund the bill for the second room via getaroom

Reservation Number - R2842921731
Complaint Number - ticket #5547931

I booked 1 Room for one night on 13 Oct 2021 Holiday Inn Express Glasgow with what I believed was the hotel's website but apparently it was Getaroom. Worse than that, Getaroom unknowingly charged me for 2 rooms. Due to circumstances I cancelled the room via Getaroom prior to stay but have not received my money back. I only found out that I had been charged twice when my credit card bill came in. I checked with the hotel and they told me two rooms were booked but my confirmation clearly says 1. I emailed the company and they said because the date of the stay had passed there was nothing they could do.
I contacted the hotel directly and the general manager was very helpful. He told me they were a poor company to deal with, understood my problem and agreed to refund the second room but had to do it via getaroom. The general manager emailed me confirming the refund. I emailed Getaroom to let them know and to forward the refund but I have had no response. This is all made worse by the fact I live in the UK.

Appalling service from Getaroom.

Can you assist?

Resolution is a refund of £262.54 that I am entitled to.

Desired outcome: Fully refund £262.54

J
Oct 19, 2021

Getaroom - Hotel room

I was in the process of booking a room and after inputting my CC info and reviewing the page it all the sudden loads a conformation page and shows I had booked two days instead of one. Immediately canceled but am now being told I have no recourse and won't get a refund. I've tried calling customer service and couldn't understand half of what she said and was not allowed to speak to anyone else. I won't bring using Priceline or any of their sister sites anymore
R2873046878

Getaroom - R2873729806.

(Very misleading crooked company!)
I was sent a link from a customer that I was going to do work for. It was for the Hilton Hotel in Oklahoma City. And the cost of the room was for $113.0 for one night. And so I reserved it not knowing I was on a third party website by the end my room was $ 178 and some change. WTF that makes no sense a room that was $113. I tried to call customer service I get the run around. Worst company ever they are out to steal from you competely, never never again will I fall for such deception.

Desired outcome: I want the 65 dollars returned to card and want the room for 113 like it said.

Getaroom - Room at wrong adress, deceptive advertising

Booked a room, which I thought was through IHG, but the website was very unclear. It ended up being at the wrong address for the same hotel name, Indigo, on the same street. Both were on PeachTree street. The representative would do nothing, and said they had to use a "hotel partner", which is different than the Hotel Indigo. The website made it look like they were IHG. They refused to say who their "Hotel Partner" was. The mistake was identified instantly when we got an email.

Update by Kardin
Oct 16, 2021

The booing reference number is R2870543556 . I spoke at length with Mark, employee id [protected] and all he would do would tell me numerous times there is no way to help. He also said he called the hotel and spoke with someone and stated no one could help. My wife called the hotel while he was on the line and said someone most definitely could help. Mike then stated he was only allowed to talk to the hotel once a day.

Getaroom - Incorrect booking date

Michelle Mannix email address m.[protected]@nhs.net
My wife tried to book 2 rooms at The Holiday Inn Express in Hoylake, Wirral for Friday 3rd December 2021 .My wife had some difficulty with the website and when she booked the rooms it changed the date to Sunday 12th September 2021 which she did not realise until £217.86 was taken out of her account the following day, Confirmation Number R2800033203 .
We visited The Holiday Inn Express in Hoylake on Monday 13th September and they where going to refund the money then realised it was booked through GETAROOM and they advised her to speak to GETAROOM which she has but the issue has not been sorted .

Desired outcome: Refund of money in full

A

Getaroom - Misleading - total cost not evident until direct debit card accepted

Thought Using the Hilton park lane London website / put in dates total 570 approx - said pay now -it only accepted my direct debit card - that was when the total came up as 1600.00 - customer service /website not helpful. I want cancellation or going to use solicitor or public .
Booking ref 5489843
Booking ref R2847693311
Anne.[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Cancellation refund

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - Hotel room that was four hours away from my business meeting.

On April 10, 2021, I booked a room with what I thought was a Holiday Inn. It was actually a third party booking agency called Getaroom. The agent booked a room 4 hours away from my early morning meeting, that would have meant 4 hours each way. Yes, I said okay, however I did not know that it was 4 hours away. When I was able to find the address, I called back and stated I needed to cancel that room and book one closer to my meeting. They told me that it was within 24 hours and could not cancel the 4 hour away hotel room. When I got back to my home, my wife called the 4 hour away hotel and the manager stated there were no reservations for that night under my name or through Getaroom. I have contacted my credit card company two times and they said that I had stated yes to the first room, again I did not know it was 4 hours away. I also contacted the attorneys general in Texas as Getaroom does business there, in Georgia because I was doing business in Georgia and Michigan is where I live. Unfortunately I have had no luck with Getaroom, only a snarky letter. The attorneys general are each pushing it on to one another; bureaucracy at its finest.

Desired outcome: Remove the charge and not affect my credit rating.

Getaroom - Promised refund

I thought I was booking directly at the hotel :(

I was savings this money for a year now, We are not rich here in the Philippines. I know you are great people and do have sympathy.. Please refund the cancellation, My mom is too old and very excited for this travel, she cannot sleep as I told her we do not have a hotel..

Please I know you guys do have sympathy pleaseee...
Kindly help me pleaseee im begging you.. Refund it to my card. Please do not bill it to me.

***Already talked to DeeDee (Customer agent of getaroom.com and she sent me an email, for full refund 2-5 days from now.. And now Im waiting frustrated. Hoping for a good result.. Please help me :(

Desired outcome: Full Refund

Getaroom - Hotel

We were making hotel reservations through what we thought was Hilton's website. Everything on the site looked identical to Hilton's and included their copy written logo. As we began the check out process we noted excessive fees and that 2 nights were selected instead of 1 that we had selected. Immediately my husband and I began backing out of the checkout page to cancel the purchase. I immediately called Hilton directly and made the reservation. We noted that evening the fraudulent website had deducted from our bank account nearly $900. We have called this company numerous times only to be disconnected after being transferred several times. We also disputed this charge twice with our bank to have this company produce some sort of fraudulent paperwork that our bank says "proves" it is a valid charge. We have called our local police department who cannot help and really have no idea where else to go. This is fraud and needs to be stopped. We never received anything from this scam and they took $900 from us.

Desired outcome: They are caught and prosecuted

L
Oct 05, 2021

I had the exact same thing happen to me in July, 2021. Thought that I was on the Hampton Inn website, but was overtaken by Get A Room. They charged me for 8 nights instead of one. I called within 2 minutes of the fraudulent charge & was told that my room was cancelled (which it was - but no refund). Filed a complaint with Get a Room at the BBB to no avail. Filed a complaint with BBB with Bank of America to no avail. I was taken for $1, 192.

R
Sep 29, 2021

Getaroom - Scam Business

I want to preface this by saying I have NEVER given a bad review to anyone in my life but this an absolutely HORRENDOUS business. I have NEVER experienced such a scam in my entire life. I went to change my room from 2 nights to 1 night. When the first woman I talked to told me that I could cancel my 2nd reservation night but that first she had to first book me another room and then she could send me over to someone to cancel it. So I allowed her to book the room for one night instead of two. I was then transferred to the cancelation people and was told that they would charge me $430 to cancel the previous reservation and that my newest reservation was NON-REFUNDABLE! I have now been charged for TWO hotel rooms for one person.

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Getaroom - Hotel reservation that was cancelled and requested a refund.

I reserved a room for three nights at Hotel Ithaca in Ithaca, NY for my son and his wife but due to his schedule change (he's a state policeman), I had to cancel. I cancelled and have requested my refund twice and have not received a response, much less a refund. The email I received with the reservation and cancellation was from [protected]@hotelvalues.com but I've seen elsewhere that they are now called Getaroom and are scammers. The price was unusually high but I thought it was because of a university weekend event.

Reservation Details
Status CANCELLED
Conf. # R2767619440
Arrival Thursday, Oct 21, 2021
Departure Sunday, Oct 24, 2021

Desired outcome: Refund of all but the first night's charge.

Getaroom - Dishonest customer service

We booked our reservation for a late september trip, we found out we had a death in the family and change the dates. I was told we would be refunded because of grievances. But, they said it couldn't be done, so we are being charged 500 dollars for 2 days we can't spend. There has to be exceptions to these... Being human, feeling compassion. It's just common decency. But, it seems they don't care what the reason for cancelation. Althought, most people don't cancel unless there is a change of plans.

Getaroom - Refund not received

I have booked an accommodation in in The New Yorker, A Wyndham hotel through Getaroom in July 2021 (at the time, I was sure I am booking directly with the hotel, but somehow ended up going through Getaroom site) and cancelled the reservation on 19 August 2021 (which was done in time, as my initial planned date of arrival was 12 September 2021, and deadline for free cancellation was 10 September 2021) and received confirmation of free cancellation (cancellation number: C2746551974)
However, my credit card was charged with full amount and I still have not received the refund and the only response I got from Geatroom after a complaint was a generic email stating that my "request is under review". As it is now more than 10 working days after cancellation, my only conclusion is that this is a scam and that this needs to be reported to authorities. Dubravka

Desired outcome: Full refund, as per Terms and Condition

Update by DubravkaT
Sep 02, 2021

I have just received a confirmation from my bank that I have received a full refund from Getaroom, minus some small charge for currency conversion, which was expected. I felt obligated to mention this and to confirm that I received a refund after all.
Dubravka

S
Aug 26, 2021

Getaroom - Hotel Booking added fee ripoff

Made reservation R2758007929 for one night in Kennebunkport and did not realize the fees of $108.95 would be added to the charge. Once I saw this, within 24 hours, I called to cancel and and they would cancel but not refund.
This is a 3rd party site that added over $50 to the room cost citing tax recovery and service fees.
Once I said that wasn't an acceptable answer they hung up on me.
Companies like this need to be put out of business, I want a refund.

Desired outcome: Cancellation and Total refund

Getaroom - Booking and Cancelling

I unknowingly booked a hotel with GETAROOM.com (also affiliated with hotelvalues.com) and now I see why there are so many complaints and people calling them a SCAM. Here's my story.

A few weeks ago I was online to book a reservation with the Hyatt in Salt Lake City. While on the Hyatt site I went to book the room and somehow, unbeknownst to me, I was apparently redirected (seem like "hijacked") to "Getaroom".

We live in Alabama and were going attend my son's debut tour out west. A week later he informed us that Nashville (which is only 4 hours from our home) had been added to the tour. So we decided we wanted to cancel the hotel in SLC and re-book the reservation for Nashville.

When I called the number on my reservation confirmation, I got an automated system that asked me why I was calling and I said "I want to cancel my reservation". Immediatley the automated system responded and confirmed that my reservation had been cancelled and then it asked if I needed anything else so I said "customer service" and then the automated system directed me to a person. I told them that I wanted to cancel my SLC reservation and then re-book for Nashville. The person told me that yes they see where I had cancelled and that it was "non-refundable" and would I like to book a new reservation for Nashville. I told them take the $550 from the SLC reservation and change it to Nashville. They said they could not do that because I told them to "cancel" the reservation. I explained I guess I used the wrong word and should have said "change" . Not being in the industry and knowing the exact terms to use. I explained that it was less than a minute ago when I told the automated system to "cancel" ... it was literally the same phone call. They said there was nothing they could do that I was out this money.

Desired outcome: full refund or re-book full amount to Nashville reservation

Getaroom - Reservation of a room

We reseved a room on the 23 of August and wanted to cancel on 24 of August. The reason is that Getaroom charge $200 more for the stay then any other site. When we tried to cancel they asked $467 for cancellation fees when all the other site as well as Holiday Inn doesn't charge anything. I find that this is inappropriate and abusing.

In the lightv of the above we decided to keep the reservation but this is certain that we will not recommend getaroom to anyone and certainly not use them in the future. We consider this site as a scam.

1 2 3  ...  17