General Motors Corporationgm bulletin 18-na-183

A Sep 14, 2018

To whom it may concern, let this serve as a formal complaint of yet another GM dissatisfied customer. I currently own a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500. As of today, I have experienced a loud knocking noise coming from the rear end leaf springs/ shackles area 4 times over a year and half, that GM is well aware of. The first 2 trips to the service department resulted in replacing the leaf springs, which did not fix the problem for long. The last times resulted in a grease being applied to the areas where the noise appeared to come from. Due to the abundant posts and forums related to this issue, it's obvious something has got to be done. It is unbelievable how GM proudly claims to employ some of the worlds leading techs and designers and sells the best vehicles on the road, but cannot come up with a resolution to this ongoing issue. Additionally, it is infuriating that the only fix GM can come up with is to apply lubricant to the leaf springs in an attempt to quiet the noise and the dissatisfied customer. I place no responsibility on the dealership for they are just as confused and embarrassed as I am. Included is my contact information if you wish to contact me regarding how dissatisfied I am, but I completely do not expect any response.
Aaron Lewis