Complaints & Reviews

terrible company

Missing fuel filter. Ordered chevy van new in 2004, 2500 series. The vehicle now has 54236 miles and my service tech was going to install a new fuel filter, but said the factory never installed one at the factory. Now it, s out of warrenty. This vehicle must of been on the line either friday afternoon or eary monday morn. The dealer has replaced 4 flex plates and finally a rebuilt tranny, and now thats acting up. Gm just sent a mailer telling me to come in and buy a new van.

• Valerie Sep 24, 2008

I bought a new 2007 Silverado LT Crew Cab. The Truck costs $35500.00 This truck was equipped with Bridgestone All Terrain tires (16") 4ply. I have experienced a vibration since the day I bought the vehicle. The dealership Anderson Cheverolet in Waynesville, NC has tried repeatedly to fix the vibration and been unsuccessful. They now tell me that the vibration is within normal specs.

At 27000 miles the dealership said that the tires needed to be changed and they did this at the instruction of the factory rep in Atlanta, I later learned that the lying factory rep renigged on his promise to pay the dealership. Now, 14000 miles later, the tires are ruined again, the truck rides rougher and louder than ever and GM says tough luck you are out of your 36 mo. warranty.

I tried to tell them to put higher load range tires on the truck and this would solve the problem when they replaced the tires the first time ans they would not and now they refuse to help at all. Now I am using a Lemon Law attorney and intend to make GM Buy The Truck Back

So if you have a Chevy Crew cab make sure you make your dealership put load range D or E on your truck.

• Li
    liarliarpantsonfire2 Oct 14, 2009

Don't see a date for the post so I don't know how old it is...Maybe you have found out by now that the fuel filter isn't "missing". Most of GM's later vehicles, including yours, do not have an external fuel filter. The filter is inside the fuel tank and is not considered a maintenance item.

• I agree Generl Motors is terrible!!! My moms bought a new sunfire in 2003 she has had very few problems until it was out of warranty.1st the front oil seals needed replaced due it leaking oil all the driveway.2nd last week about 7000 miles later the timing chain went out the GENERAL MOTORS JUNK ( 2.2 ecotec) which had 56k on it destroyed the heads valves pistons and pushrods all n all the dealership said 2760.00 to fix it I called General Motors representive to see if they could help out on repairs they declined to help our rep said that there was not enough maintence done thru the dealership to show that it had been properly maintained and that it was out of warranty. I wished now they would not have gotten bailed out and I will be getting rid of all my GM products and buying only foreign made vehicles from now on no more american big 3

vibration in wheels/tires while driving

I own a 2008 Chevrolet Impala LT that I purchased in Feb 2009 ever since I have had this car I have experience wheels/tires vibration while driving. It has been back to the shop at the dealer three times for alignment on tires. This last time I was told that 3 tires and rim are out of round and that I will need to purchase new tires and rim. My car is still under warranty and the dealer/Chevrolet should replaced them at no charge to me. I am very dissatisfied and would never purchase another car from this dealer or a Chev. Impala.

• I own a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix that I bougth 14 month ago from Bryner Chevrolet in Jenkintown Pennsylvania, find out that it is stange that this Dealership sold me this car without showed me the carfax during the deal process. I find out that this car becoming extremely dangerous to drive, the two hub bearing are getting very bad causing vibrations and bracking allmost impossible !! this car was repainted for sure, this was not on my expectation during the deal. I am a GM customer for over 8 years, I am a Bryner custumer over 8 years, this is my third car with them, I am extremely disatisfied with this Dealership, they do business with a loyal person same has buying a used car from " Jo Garage" ; Where is the Trust ?
    I ask you to please contact Bryner Chevrolet for a the Recall on my Pontiac and fixed the braking system.
    Thank you in advance, hopping hearing from you very soon.
    Meyer Yadan
    267 693 8383
    [email protected]

overcharges

I am writing in regards to repairs done to my vehicle and the money I was overcharged for these repairs.

I bought my vehicle in Canada but the repairs were done in the USA, and that is why I am writing to both of you.

I bought my 1998 GMC Jimmy in Canada on July 13, 2007 for $9000.00.

After driving it for some time there was found several things wrong with it. Wipers won’t start sometimes unless you physically pull on wipers to start them. Back window leaks going through car wash. Dome light stays on unless you use the Dome Override button. When you shut engine off radio stays on until you open door, this only works sometimes. Floor on front passenger side is wet because leak some where, still looking for. The warranty was only good for 1 month and so I am trying to live with these problems. This was very disappointing.

I had $912.26 worth of maintenance done to the vehicle on Aug 30, 2007 at the start of my vacation.

Middle of September I went to put the vehicle in 4HI but it would not go in and it never did after that, although it would go in 4LO. I did not need 4 X 4, so I was going to get it fixed after my vacation.

During my vacation if I was driving at highway speed there would be a whining noise and it felt as if something was trying to engage in the 4 wheel drive system. I would have to pull over to the side of the road and something would disengage and the noise would stop. Then I would continue on my way.

This condition started out to be once per week and increased to almost continual, and so I stopped at the nearest GMC dealer for repairs, which was the ANCIRA dealer in BOERNE, Texas. On Friday Oct 12, 2007, at noon. Near the end of the day I was told it probably needed a new 4X4 motor which engages the 4X4, it would cost about $450.00, and the front differential seals were leaking. It was Friday and the vehicle would not be ready until Monday. I told them to go ahead and fix it. So I found a place to stay for the weekend.

On Monday, October 15, 2007, after lunch I got a call from the dealer. I was told that they were still working on the diagnostics, they were talking to GMC technicians, this was not a regular problem ( which seemed strange ), that I would need a control module, and a 4X4 motor, and it would cost about $1100.00. I gave the OK to go ahead with the repairs. After the call my wife mentioned that the diagnosis seemed to be taking quite awhile.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2007, around 10:00 am I got a call from the dealer. I was told the control module was changed, that I would need a new encoder motor, which was now $750.00 instead of the $450.00, a new vacuum switch, and new seals for the front differential. I was told this would now be $2100.00. I was very upset, but I was on vacation, had to have it fixed, and the dealer was not any help in fixing the problem of the high price for the repairs. So I picked up the vehicle at the end of the day, paid $1996.91 for the repairs and the dealer was still no help with the high cost.

I finished my vacation and am now writing to you as I am very unhappy and disappointed with the way the problem was fixed and the over charge of the repairs. What I am upset about is the following:

- I paid $9100.00 for the vehicle, plus $912.26 in maintenance = $10012.26. Then I was charged $1996.91, or 20% more. This is unacceptable.

- The diagnostics took too long. Friday afternoon and Monday still doing diagnostics, way too long, and I should not be paying for extra time to diagnose a problem.

- Price for 4X4 motor went from $450.00 to $750.00, Was overcharged or price is covering other time or costs.

- I was told this was not a regular problem, and that they were talking to other GMC technicians. Seems like the dealer was not fully qualified to fix the problem, and I should not be overcharged for this either.

I have been a loyal GMC owner for most of the 31 years that I have owned and driven a vehicle, and hope to continue this tradition, with your assistance in correcting this problem.

To fix this problem I should be reimbursed $900.00 that I was overcharged from the original estimate, and that I feel was in excess of the proper time and repair of the vehicle.

• Co
    corythecrow Aug 05, 2009

And you wonder why they are on the verge of bankruptcy. If treat all people this way (over charging them) there is no way they are bankrupt.

terrible service

I bought my pontiac vibe back in 2005. Since then, there were little problems here and there. Before the lease ended, the windshield was leaking during rainy days so I took it to the fix.

During the lease, they provided a courtesy car and the moment we took it there, they immediately called us the day after.

After the lease ended, there was no courtesy car. Worst of all, the problem of the transmission came up. First was the engine lights, it comes on whenever we drove to surrey & coquitlam. We took it there 3 times and they still couldn't find a problem with it. On top of that, they charged us $150 for resetting the lights!!! Crazy! Anyhow, now we took it there for the 4th time and they said to order a transmission. It sucks because there are no courtesy car, and COME ON! GETTING THE PARTS TO CANADA FROM US TAKES A WEEK?! A WEEK IS FOR INTERNATIONAL, NOT DOMESTIC! I've been waiting for my car for 9 days and no phone calls up to this point. I've called them and left a message. But they didn't even bother to call back!

GM US has been bankrupt, GM Canada might as well! With this poor service and expensive cars!

• Le
    LeoF Jul 12, 2009

the vibe is a toyota matrix so i guess even toyota has problems too...it is assembled at NUMMI in california which toyota mught shut down...one biggest plants in north america...i just sold a 2005 sunfire and car ran great...i love my new G5

• Ca
    Carol A Knudsen Jul 31, 2009

We bought a new 2005 Buick LeSabre in Vernon BC. S ince the spring of 2006 we have replaced 3 times the Intermediate Shaft and once for the Power steering rack and it still clunked in the front end.Would this be classed as a LEMON?When we traded the Buick LeSabre to replace with 2009 Buick Lucerne was when the noise disapeared along with a large amount of money.When we traded it only had 57, 000 KM, if there hadn't been any problems we would never had traded for $14, 000 and paid $28, 000 difference.We feel it should have been offered a buyback considering the car was a lemon from day one.The only reason we bought another car from the dealer was that we wouldn't be able to deal with another company as they would also hear the clunking.When we made the trade and waiting for the paper work to go through my husband was speaking with the service manager and he told my husband that sometimes these problems can't be fixed. Do you feel that we have a chance to be reimbursed, possibly $14, 000 for our trade? thank you Carol Knudsen

• Ar
    Armand Oct 07, 2010

In June 2009 I had to replace the rack and pinion steering on my 2006 Silverado weith only 50, 627 miles on it. GM would not do the work under warranty...cost $1, 290.23. Today I took the vehicle back to the dealer...leaking steering fluid. I have to replace the rack and pinion again, with only 70, 000 miles. The truck is never off-road and used in the city/normal highway driving. Again, GM won't honor the work they did last year. Apparently warranty on parts is only 1 year.

2005 cavalier timing chain broke

To Who it May Concern, I am writing this complaint because I have no car now. My car has been in the...

poor workmanship/equipment

Very shoddy windshield. Purchased brand new 2009 Corvette, pebble cracked windshield, ordered replacement, arrived damaged, re-ordered another windshield, second one came in damaged. Called to report second damaged windshield and was told by the manufacturers sales rep that they are not producing winsdshields! What kind of company produces cars and not parts to replace their flawed lcraftmanship? Either General Motors/Chevrolet USA does not stand behind their product or does not know how to pack parts and ship it! I will not let this go unnoticed until someone who has any decency from that company can man up to their flawed product and make it right. This is being reported to the Consumer Affairs, Legal Advisory Washington DC and a letter to the US Senate, Congress and the President of the United States. There is no way that our president will support this bail-out if he knew what Chevrolet is doing to their customers.

problems

I noticed a noise in the front end when 4 wheel drive was engaged on my 2005 Chevy Tahoe. When I took it to the dealership to have it checked, I learned that a bearing had failed, causing several others to fail. The repair cost over $800. I found several mentions on the Web of this same problem on Chevy Tahoes going back to 2003. I contacted GM because the vehicle has only 69, 000 miles on it, I bought it new, and have serviced it regularly. The dealer assured me there is nothing I could have done to prevent the problem. Despite the fact that I've purchased 9 new vehicles from GM in the last 30 years, GM denied my request for assistance since the vehicle is off warranty and there is no indication of a manufacturing problem. An arrogant position to take, especially for a company asking for a taxpayer bailout. I've bought my last GM product.

• Pa
    Paula Lewis Feb 24, 2010

Many, many problems with 2004 Chevy truck 4 wheel drive which, my truck has only been locked in 3-4 times to pull a boat out of the water.Now the air conditioning is messed up, dual control works sometimes. My Mother's is doing the same thing. Accauators (I Think is how you spell it) going out it what Carl Cannon said.I have put in a complaint with GM and no response.Help me please!!! Paula Lewis

electrical system

Massive electrical problems. 1. While going 10 miles an hour, the speedometer jumps to 120mph then to 50mph...

defective part

I purchased a 2007 Chev. in Nov.2007. In Nov.2008 I tried to take my key out of the ignition and it would not release it. I've gone to several dealerships to get this matter corrected. I'm told I have to pay $349. to repair. I have not done so because I believe this is poor workmanship. I owned several toyotos for years. One I drove for 5yrs. and never had a problem. I've owned 2 chev. (American Made) and have had trouble with with them both within 2yrs of purchasing.
I believe that GM should stand behind their product, after all they say "They're built better in Texas".

• St
    STEPHEN KLOSS Oct 28, 2009

2005 canyon -ignition failure--43k mi. repair bill $275.00 gm.reply so sorry out of warranty.. YA THINK I W...OULD BUY GM AGAIN YOU CAN FLUSH THEM DOWN THE TOILET.GOT A 1960 AUSTIN HEALY NO PROBLEMS WITH THE KEY

chevy s-10

Although John Boy Cheverolet has gone out of business, They failed to do the work that was under warranty and telling me that nothing was wrong and then when the warranty was over they find that my Brake drums are warped on the back. I had to get GM to make them put new rotors on the front because they simply wore out. I took it to a Chevy dealer and they told me it would cost about $600.00 dollars to get new drums and brake pads.
I feel like just because I am a women they thought I was stupid and they could get by with this. Well maybe they did, but this is why they are needing to be bailed out, because of customer dissatification. I have owned 4 new chevy's, but I will not buy another one. my money is on Honda or Toyota. Maybe if American companies would pay more attention to what their customers are saying they would need the help now.
Melissa Albright

faulty passlock system

I have a problem with my 2000 Chevy Impala, the dealership recently charged me $812.00 to replace cylinder and ignition switch and I’m not sure they done the work because I did not receive a new recoded key. Also was charged for replacing a faulty passlock module but no part was list on bill as order. I don’t know what to do about this crap

• Th
    thomas Jan 26, 2009

I own a 99 Chevy S-10 wiht the pass lock system. Over the last few years it's been nothing but trouble. I've been
    left stranded I don't know how many times. I'm extremely frusturated with this STANDARD feature and don't know what to do. Every time I've been stranded I take it to a mechanic or a dealership and they always tell me its not the pass lock it's somenthing else. I took my truck to a dealership in Las Vegas after I was stranded and they ended up replacing my fuel pump which costed me $900.00. A few months later I was left stranded again.
    I currently reside in North Dakota and it really sucks to get stranded when the temp. outside is -10 deg. Any way I was wondering if any one knew how to bypass the system. Of course the dealerships will say no their's not but their all greedy ### any way. I love how these automotive companies produce trash for people to buy but never admit to their errors. The passlock system unless its overhauled is garbage. I won't buy another GM vehicle with passlock untill I know it's either been removed or completely overhauled. But then again they would have to admit their was a problem in the first place. Thanks for reading ... One very ticked off customer.

Dave M.

service delays

Generous Motors would like us to believe that they are a changed organization. After purchasing numerous GM vehicles, to support the local economy, I have finally given up on them.

My car sits in a repair bay, for a week now, waiting for stock parts to be delivered from a Lansing depot - not more than 2 hours away. And this is after I authorized an additional $50 charge for overnight delivery.

I can well afford the purchase price of another GM vehicle but I won't stand the direct and incidental cost of ownership. How dumb do they think I am?

Goodby GM

bad service

I apologize if you are not the correct person to write to, but after the 6th phone call, and with the...

crappy theft system

Alright, not gonna lie, but the Chevy Malibu is actually a great car minus the really crappy theft system... i am glad to find out that I'm not the only one that has problems with this. I was repeatedly late to work, well in fact anywhere i was ever going because this so called "theft-deterrent" stopped me from going anywhere... seriously why don't they offer some way to break the *** thing or remove it, instead of having to replace the whole *** thing which costs oh, about 300 dollars... but i hear many things about cutting the yellow wire... so i urge everyone that has this problem, not to confide in the "great, noble, wanting-to-help-you-in-any-way-i-can, " people of GM but to cut the *** yellow wire... you'll save money. Hust Google it and you will find out how to do it step-by-step. Thanks for listening.

terrible experience

My company has 6 GMC 3500 trucks. Most have had the accelerator cables replaced at least twice. The cables are cheep and fray easily therefore the trucks give no warning, the truck accelerators just stick wide open. I contacted GMC to report this and they were only interested in it costing them. I was only intending to inform them of the safety issue. GMC could care less. I found no recalls on this problem. GMC customer care was only interested in the problem if the trucks were still in warranty and had no intention of wasting their time on a problem that they weren't required to pay for.

Marjorie LaRocque Oct 19, 2008

I. have been buying GM for the last 28yrs.
    This Saturday I bought a Toyota.
    I am the owner of an Equinox, my pay out is 16 thousand, it is worth 8thousand in the black book, I have already paid 22 thousand...38 thousand for a 4 yr old car!!!
    When I went to Lounsbury's to see a car, a Malibu 08 is $438 a month for 72 months...give me a break, I owed 5 months on you'r car and with all the insentives, I still have this to pay for a new car..
    I am tired of fighting at Lounsbury for everything I needed done and to get a fair shake..
    After of being a good GM client for 28 yrs. Toyoto used me better...Sorry, I would like to still buy a GM but not at this price

• Mi
    Milton E. Roundtree Jun 23, 2009

I brought a 2005 Yukon denali and complained about transmission problems, but dealer could not find anything wrong, but after many trips to dealer over the last couple of years and warrety runs out behold now they can find slippage.my main question is how long is the transmission is under warrety& for how many miles ?50, 000 or 100, 000 or is it 36, 000 miles.
    If you continue to treat people who trust you & your product like this American auto industry will not recover.This dealership I'm complaining about is Gay's dealership in Dickerson, Texas, service manager is Mr. Moore. This is where I purchase but the service & attitude has changed and it "STINKS".

A VERY dIS SATIFIED CUSTOMER

spontaneous acceleration

I have to ask anyone and everyone that has owned a Cadillac Escalade or any GMC vehicle if they think that their vehicle is a luxurious "accident waiting to happen."

I bought the vehicle Dec 17, 2003 and it was an 02. I felt like a million bucks leaving the dealership. I had a smile that went from ear to ear and an energy that said, "I love life"-until seven months later...

I had complained about a malfunction of the breaks.

It felt as though the ABS was engaging. I don't know if you can remember the sound an old ten speed bike used to make when you switch gears-the vibration and sound is what occurred when I would apply my foot to the break.

At the time of my first complaint, I felt a delay and heard a sound when I applied the breaks-my truck did not come to a complete stop-it kept going. The dealership stated it was my tires. Obviously both GMC and its certified dealerships have not "FIXED" the problem so the issue has only gotten worse-I am afraid to drive it-its sitting pretty in the driveway.

Here is a list of the history-of the "Spontaneous acceleration. " That's right my truck actually accelerates when you apply the brakes!!

June 30, 2004
I had complained of the issues with my vehicle stopping. The dealership "fixed" the problem by putting on 4 brand new tires however did not describe "why" I was there in their "reasons" for diagnosing the tires being replaced .Therefore GMC is stating that the issues didn't actually occur or were not due to faulty/malfunctioning breaking system. Why should I be responsible for their documentation when I go in for service? Why would anyone have a second thought when someone who is "certified" is paid to diagnose and "fix" a problem?

June 15, 2005 I had the same breaking issues and complained again to the, Certified dealership.
They "fixed" the issue and replaced the rear break pads, rotors and rear brake shoes.

June 16, 2006 Same issues/complaints of break malfunction. Certified dealership "fixed" the issue by replacing the front brake pads, resurfaced all four brake rotors

June 22, 2006 Complained about breaking issue. The certified dealership "Fixed" the problem by replacing the Hub Bearing, replaced both ABS sensors and both bearings. My vehicle had 75, 000 miles on it at the time and was still under the certified "preloved" warranty.

March 19, 2008 complained to GMC about the inability to stop since the warranty expired. Another certified dealership "Fixed" the breaking complaint with ANOTHER Hub bearing replacement. HHMM can you say HUB BEARING (I am guessing the part is defective)

September 18, 2008 Spoke with the GMC representative which is like speaking to a well scripted robot who is trained to deflect blame and/or responsibility. After describing the issues of NOT being able to STOP and the malfunctioning of the vehicle where it accelerates, the GMC representative asked again, "So when do you have this issue?" I said the following:

"Have you been listening at all to what I have said? Putting your foot on the break should be a lot like blinking-we shouldn't have to think about it. When was the last time you had to worry if you stepped on the break that your vehicle will plow into the driver in front of you?"

The GMC representative said, "I don't-So why don't you want to drive it to get diagnosed?" -Get the picture? GMC and their customer service sucks.

I was told in the very beginning that if I took my vehicle anywhere else other
than a GMC certified technician or dealership-the warranty coverage for any
issues would be at risk. Also the system that they use to diagnose is
computerized. So if the computer doesn't say there is an issue-they meaning the GMC certified technicians assume there is "no issue".

When I called GMC in March of 2008 they
were more interested in my next GMC purchase than what I was trying to complain about? Like I would EVER buy another GMC piece of ***.

GMC kept reminding me that regardless of the number of attempts I have
made to fix this ongoing issue with my break malfunction and the money that I have spent(time away from work, rental cars)-They won't take responsibility for a vehicle that is no longer under warranty, a vehicle that is 6yrs old and 105k miles. I have been a responsible owner and have been diligent in the maintenance of it. The breaks are only one issue I have had with this truck-New radiator, new transmission, new ride control and another four tires when the Hub bearing was replaced the second time. Issues with the oil(lots of changes-not consistent with 2000 miles)

Companies like GMC hope that consumer complaints will fade away into the backdrop when the consumer gets so frustrated and "give up". I am not one of those people.

Here is a list of some of their excuses:
*"It could have been a fluke"
*"It could have been your driving
*"You know that's common at slow speeds-My response is this "So when I hit a pedestrian should I tell them that too?"
*"We are not familiar with that issue with spontaneous/unexpected acceleration"
*"You should warm up the vehicle before you drive less than 10 miles an hour"
*"The sound is your muffler"
*"There is no issue with the breaking system. we have not been able to duplicate your complaints, so there is nothing wrong"
"The resistance to break could be the way you are applying your foot to the break pedal"-WHAT????!!!

My favorite response from GMC:
"I am so sorry you feel that way, I wish there is something we could do but it's not covered under warranty anymore. Your vehicle was not on the recall list. Yes the year and make was but "your" vehicle was not on the list for the recall."-When did vehicles have social security numbers?

After my ordeal with GMC and the performance issues with my Escalade I am a firm believer that Fred Flintstone probably had a GMC and was the only one that was happy with their product. You see Fred Flintstone didn't care about breaks, airbags, stearing issues, seat belts, windshield wipers that could cause a fire, his car exploding, stalling on a highway...These are some of the many issues the public is raving about on the web regarding GMC vehicles and the safety issues that occur with all makes and models belonging to GMC.

I have filed a complaint with NHTSA and have contacted several newspapers and consumer advocates. Only one person actually helped-a little. A consumer reporter from NBC placed a call to GMC and now I have to deal with "The Executive office". When I asked the GMC representative what her title was she said, "Executive office". I can only assume that she is not someone that can help, just another line of defense to make the a disappointed consumer "go away quietly".

I have done so much searching on the web. The public outcry against GMC is overwhelming. SAFETY is not a priority GMC considers as important as the expensive crap it puts out for unknowing consumers. God help us all when they put out their electric car in 2010. Yippeee another disaster. Hopefully they will go bankrupt before they put out yet another vehicle with safety issues.

All I want is for GMC to pay me the book value of my truck so that I can buy another vehicle that is not GMC. (They won't even pay for a tow to get my vehicle diagnosed. ) It's no wonder that Americans are buying more foreign vehicles and GMC sales are not what they used to be.

It is hard for me to deal with the fact as a consumer that I spent $53, 109.00 for the certified pre-loved vehicle prior to all the money I have spent in getting the breaks to operate properly.

• Gr
    greg Sep 23, 2008

My Escalade has an acceleration problem also. My car is a 2007 model that with the cruise control on will, when going up a hill, start accelerating full throttle and not quit until you are going 10 to 18 miles faster than your cruise control was set for. One Cadillac dealer told me some just work better than others. The next dealer told me he Yukon does the exact same thing and it drives him nuts. None of the 25 or so other cars me and my wife have driven do that. Also I have rented another 200 to 300 cars in the last 10 years and none of them do anything like that. GM just does not want to fix the problem.

3 complaints

First I must say my experience with GM is not unique. My family has GM cars throughout. Most of the problems seem to be consistent. I own a Malibu(2002). I first experienced a problem with the Rear-In Take Gasket( Had it replaced twice). Next it was in the Socket Boards for the Tail Lamps. Both had to be replaced at a cost of over $750 Dollars for both, which I had to pay out of my own pocket. Then it was the A/C Control Head wich has been replaced twice and know I was told it needs to be replaced again at a cost of over $300 Dollars to myself. Thats over $900 Dollars for it to be replaced over 3 times. My question is this, should I consider buying another car, maybe a foreign car? Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan. I think it would be in my best interest to look over my options. I have recieved no contact as of yet from GM. Basically NO answers to my questions. The dealership that I deal with told me that they are understanding to my situation but there isn't alot they can do. The Socket Board for the Tail Lamps are a safety issue. I seen the direct results of what happens when moisture or in this case it was ice freezing inside the Tail Lamp. The potential for a fire increases greatly when you mix water or ice with electricity, the dealership said the likely hood of having a fire in this situation is not great. Tell that to a mother who may have her children in the back seat. That is not a risk I am willing to undertake. Please General Motors hear the concearns of your customers, for it may be your children in one of your cars that may cost the lives of love ones, or atleast the burden of paying money that could be used for better things in your family's lives.

• Ka
    Kate Nov 04, 2008

All GM cars and trucks need intake manifold gaskets and the circuit boards for the tail light assemblies. This is extremely common. Instead of just dumping GM for another make, you should do your research this time. Cars aren't indestructible and it's important to remember to take care of yourself by doing research before you make such a large purchase.

gm does not stand behind vehicles

I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander. The trim that runs down each side of the vehicle has (rusted/discolored) from one end to the other on both sides after only 2 years. The vehicle has 50, 000 miles due to the distance to my work. The dealership (Fox Chevrolet in Timonium Maryland) and GM refuse to fix it unless I pay $200.00 towards the cost because the warranty is up. This is not a moving part and is obviously a factory defect for this to happen all at once after only 2 years. If this had been a moving part I would pay for the replacement but this is something that was a problem from the factory. I asked my contact at GM if they consider this acceptable after 2 years. She said it is out of warranty (hiding behind the warranty instead of doing right by the consumer) and they were being helpful by only charging me $200.00. I contacted GM twice in writing about this and each time it took over a week to talk to someone. When you call you get an answering machine message where they claim they will return the call in 24 hours. You better be sitting by the phone at their convience or you will miss the call. Must be a lot of problems if it takes that long to return a call. This is my fourth GM vehicle in a row and my last. When I explained how many vehicles I purchased from them it did not seem to matter. I have had other problems with this vehicle with the steering and with the brakes. I mistakenly thought customer loyalty meant something but not to GM.

a/c issues

I own a 2006 chevy cobalt and the a/c completely locked up. It cost me $1, 800.02 to have it repaired. The...

terrible experience

I have an '02 Chevy Avalanche that had the paint bubbling just above the rear passenger wheel well. I...