Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

General Motors Corporationtrim and molding quality

My son purchase a 2010 / 1500 Chevy extended cab Texas edition the end of his freshman year of college. He worked summers on pipeline crews to make enough for his payments thru the year. Our plan was that when he graduated he would have a nice vehicle with low mileage nearly paid for. We purchased extra warranty at the time for 55, 000 miles. We had some of the door moldings put back on under warranty. Since then all four moldings have came off, the tailgate bezel fell apart, the passenger door handle broke. The price for all this is nearing $1, 500 while he is still making payments on the truck and trying to get his feet on the ground in Dallas TX. on an entry level salary. My question is why is this happening when the engineer that designed these cheap parts received his salary and more that likely a bonus for a cost saving idea. GM needs to quit attaching door moldings that are going to expand and contract with two sided adhesive tape. The other parts need to be built with little or no plastic. Build them to last. I mean think how many times a single person uses their passenger door compared to the drivers door. Do you think these parts should last?

• Li
      Linda21561. Feb 23, 2016

I have a 2012 Equinox and I noticed on the bottom of the doors the paint is bubbling up and flaking off down to the metal. This vehicle only has 19, 000 miles on it. I don't drive it that often and it doesn't seem to me that the paint should be bubbling up like that on a car that is almost brand new with that low of mileage. It is happening on all 4 doors. I am not to happy about the answer I got back from GM. They want me to pay a $100.00 deductible per door. I feel that to be very unfair as it clearly is poorly painted and should not be doing that. I don't mind paying a $100.00 deductible for all 4 doors but I think that is gouging the customer at a $100.00 per door. I paid almost 25, 000 for the vehicle.

General Motors2006 silverado

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado LT purchased new 07/2006. It only has 42500 miles on it and has been well maintained, waxed etc. The paint on the roof is gone, the headliner is falling down, the rear door window regulator failed, has had numerous problems with the blend door motors and has an expansion plug leaking. I have owned numerous GM products and this is by far the worst. This has really left me with a bad attitude for GM products. Chevy could care less. Don't purchase a GM product!

General Motors Corporation2002 pontiac grand prix gt

My name is Mario Muscolo and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I am writing today to inform of a fatal flaw in the brake lines on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT.

On the afternoon of August 24th. when parking in my driveway I suddenly noticed my brake pedal become mushy and drop all the way to the floor. When I exited the car, I noticed puddles of brake fluid on the pavement. I immediately brought the car to an auto shop for repair. He said I had a corroded brake line that burst and caused the leak of brake fluid and the brakes to fail. I was charged $140.00 for this repair. I drove the car for 1 day and then proceeded to vacation for a week. Upon my return I used the car again for another day without any issues. On the morning of September 3rd I proceeded to go shopping with the car. After completing my shopping on the way home I noticed the brake pedal becoming mushy again. As the drive home progressed I noticed the brake pedal going all the way down like it did the previous week. I proceeded to bring the car to the mechanic again. He noticed another 3 more brake lines were busted. He repaired them at a cost of 284.00. It is frightening to think that this could happen to a vehicle that has less than 28, 000 miles. I believe GM should liable for all cost associated. My family and I could have been killed.

I would like GM to recall my vehicle or provide a voucher to replace all brake lines.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Mario Muscolo
      2012 63rd Street
      Brooklyn. NY 11204
      [protected]

General Motors Corporationlack of knowledge; the product you sell, your cars, incompetence.

I own a 2002 Chevrolet suburban 2500 with only 45000 miles on it when the problems happened. I took it to my locate GMC dealership for repairs & contacted the service managers. Well, as one can guess, after a dozen visits & beating your head against the wall, nothing was accomplished after spending $2, 000.00. I was given the nickel & dime treatment with the smoke & mirrors. After a brief period, the service manager told me I needed a new transmission. He told me the transmission would solve all of my problems. Now at this point, I asked the service manager if he was a gambling man. The service manager said that he gambles every once in awhile. I told the service manager that I would front out my money $4, 400.00 for the new transmission & if the service light came back on & did not fix the problem, I would get my money back & the transmission would be free.
        Lets just back step for a moment. All this is over a yellow check engine light that shows on the center of the dash board. The GMC dealership with all of their high tech mechanics & hundreds of thousands of dollars with of equipment could not detect what was the problem.
        Well I was sent home with the yellow light still on. GMC had during the course of 9 months, my vehicle a total of 5 weeks in their shops. So I had to shop arould for a replacement & get friends to give me rides. So at a wits ends, I asked my neighbor to have a look at my vehicle. He used is $200.00 portable, hand held odb scanner that plugs into the cars electrical system. The codes returned with a set of numbers. My neighbor researched on the computer that reflexed that the cars mass air flow sensor was deflective. Now at this time, I used my computer & pulled up Rock Auto Auto Parts in Reno Nevada. I had my new, original equipment part delivered with 2 days for $125.00.
        My check engine light turned off. I returned to the GMC dealership & gave the service manager a stearn talking to. The service manager told me that they were in the business to make money. I said that a $200.00 piece of equipment detected a defect that their mechanics failed to fine. I was told that it was not part of their job.
        Now, this brings me to another complaint. I have another Chevrolet in the dealership for a issue. This is the 4th time for the same yellow traction light. The same service manager is giving me the same smoke & mirrors talk. I told him that kids who race street cars have more knowledge than his mechanics. I said that his people working on cars are just techs. they only replace parts & do not tracing of the initial problems. He pretty much agreed with me.
        I have be a GM person most of my life a well as my family. This is getting to be unbeliveable in the quality of service & worksmanship. The company using your name & brand is destroying your reputation.
        I can go on & tell you some more horror stories, but you know from this brief encounter that I am not a happy customer or camper. If you only receive 1% of the people that write you or talk about the disapproved product, you & your company are in deep do-do.

GMC — faulty transmission

I own a 2009 Saturn Vue with less than 70, 000 miles on it. A couple of weeks ago, it began making a noise...

GM recall repairs

On Friday 7/17 my 2008 Buick Enclave stopped working in the middle of a local & busy Highway 6. The car one hour earlier would not go in to reverse or drive. I gave it a break, turned it off and it went in to drive one last time after this.

After getting it to go, it stopped in the middle of a highway where other drivers were able to move me to safety after several attempts between my mother and I failed.

It was approximately 2pm on 7/17 when I learned from my regular State Farm insurance that this sort of thing would not be an issue I am covered under my Full Coverage with their company. I than turned to CarMax MAXCARE proveded through a warranty coverage company CarMax outsources to. This company is an inbound call center. This "covers" my used car purchase up to 200, 000 miles and "covers" transmissions, which was the apparent the failing part on the car.

MAXCARE told me to get the car to a repair shop (at no cost to them, towing would not be covered). My State Farm insurance covered towing to the nearest auto shop but not to a Buick/GM Dealership. It was taken to Leadfoot Linda's in Avon, CO. MaxCare told me all I needed to do is get a diagnostic and they would promptly get me into a rental car so I could get my four children at preschool and camp later that Friday afternoon.

The towtruck was unable to get the car from the side of the road until 5pm but the shop agreed to get the car looked at and diagnosed, staying extra hours to do so. They called MAXCARE and faxed the diagnostic but MaxCare was not opened when they did this. They left a message and sent a fax.

Leadfoot Linda's is closed on Saturday and Sunday and MaxCare would not accept their diagnostics via messages/fax as acceptable diagnosis so I was left without a car or a way to transport my 4 children for the weekend.

On Monday July 20, 2015 MAXCARE told me the shops diagnostic would not be sufficient and they would instead now have to take the transmission apart to reveal the reason for failure before covering the rental car. This would be approximately 8 hours of labor by the shop, an estimated $1000 that I would have to accept fees for, and it would be to MaxCare disgression whether or not they would cover the repairs or diagnostic.

On Tuesday July 21, 2015 I got to the airport because my rides were no longer available to get me to work and my children to school. I spent my last dollars on a car that would accommodate my kids and I to "buy me" two days of getting us around town and hope for a diagnosis.

July 23, 2015 I called Leadfoot Linda's to see how things were coming along. The tech assigned to my vehicle was unavailable and having family emergency. It was unknown when he or they would get to the diagnosis of my car. After my fourth call to Leadfoot Linda's they mentioned to me that this was a common issue with Enclave's and Rendezvous' coming in to the shop. They suggested I contact Buick GM with my VIN number because it was very likely that this was another recall.

I called CarMax after that to double check and see if they could help me at all. They aslo told me to contact GM Buick because after looking at the initial diagnostic along with my year/make/model and VIN number this would likely be one of two warranty issues. The transmission issue and also the Side Airbag recall. MaxCare ended up giving me all of the information to contact Buick / GM, and I did.

When I first got purchased the car from CarMax I contacted the dealerships in the area to have the known airbag recall taken care of as instructed by CARMAX. The repair was never taken care of due to high volume of repairs in my nearest dealerships and them not offering replacement transportation while they had the car with no known duration for repair. I'm a mother of four, have no child support for my kids ages 7, 5, 3, 3. I cannot be without a car, which is why I'm taking the time while at a computer at my job...to make every effort possible to point out a major flaw in "special warranty coverage" for something that was no fault of my own.

My first call to Buick GM was amazing. I spoke with an adjuster name George who I spoke with for over two hours setting up repair, towing, free diagnostic and repairs. At the end of the two hours, George got off the line after speaking with a Dealership in Silverthorne (Cheryl suggested we take it to Glenwood Springs due to high volume of repairs and estimated date to LOOK at the car being 7/23) Javier with Mtn Chevorlet, told George and I on a threeway call that he could get the car in right away, would get me right in to a lender or Rental Car straight away and all of the above was agreed to at no charge to me.

Meanwhile, George explained to me the issue was common and they would take care of this under Special Policy Warranty "14404" specific to Enclaves, Rendevous etc.
          This warranty covered a crack 670/675 in all AWD Buicks and my VIN number fell into the bad bunch.

When George disconnected from the call, the dispatcher told me I would need to give her $100 which I did not have and the entire plan evaporated.

7/23 I called Buick again in the morning only to be told none of what George set up is accurate. They called Javier on three way, and Javier said GM called him last night and they would not be servicing the vehicle anymore, that they had since become very busy and wouldn't be able to look at the car until possibly (no promises the following Thursday 7/30). The call was than escalated to a "Senior Adjuster" since I'd been misinformed by George. Steve, was very apologetic that nothing could or would be done with my car unless I figured out how to get the car to a shop and diagnosis.

I told Steve that I felt this was terrible customer service after being assured for two hours the night before by George and Buick that the tow, the diagnostic, and repairs would be at no charge to me. He told me he would look into it further and call me back. After three hours, and another day of panic that I would not be able to get home from work or pick up my kids AGAIN...I called Steve back. Steve was unavailable for the first of many calls. His coworker who told me she was sitting just a few seats away from Steve, ensured me he would return my call before leaving for the evening. Steve didn't call me back that night.

7/24
          9am I called him, and Steve was unavailable.
          10am I called back and Steve did answer and started to help me get the car towed as promised. He did make me pay $68for extra distance, quoted to me the night before $100. The 2nd dispatcher Askia quoted me $190. He called another dispatcher Lilliana who made the fee $68. My mother paid this fee for me.

The approval took 1 hour, but the car was setup for transfer to Mountain Chevrolet, Glenwood Springs. After the car was picked up I received a text message that the car was being transferred to Berthoud Motors, Glenwood Springs (never mentioned to me). I called the towing company and let them know I thought the car was going to Mtn Chevrolet. They told me they were given Berthoud Motors.

I called Berthoud Motors to follow up on the time frame I'd be looking at in diagnostics/repair and whether or not they would be as accomodating as Javier was at Mtn Chevrolet. I asked about the lender vehicle or rental set up for me that was offered by Mountain Chevrolet.

Not only did the gentleman tell me they were very busy and would not be looking at the car until the following Thursday (the same date that Leadfoot Lindas, the Chevrolet dealership in Silverthorne, Berthoud Motors, AND Mountain Chevrolet, Glenwood Springs [after telling us the opposite before speaking with GM told me the night before] since the incident on 7/17), but they would offer no rental car until after diagnostic and that remains unknown today 7/27/15.

I called Javier back and he explained to me that GM contacted him after my three way call with George, and he could no longer assist me. I've since played phone tag with Steve and spoken with Andrea (also a senior advisor) to help me while Steve was unavailable.

I have spent $289 in rental car fees, $68 in extra miles of towing to Glenwood Springs, and have no way of renting a car. I live in the mountains, there is no bus route near my home located atop a two mile incline.

The only offer I've had so far to assist me while GM/Buick makes time to diagnos my car is from Carmax to have their discounted rates of $30 a day for a midsize vehicle which would not hold me and my four children.

Possible job loss, possible loss of spots at day care AND camp I have my children in but cannot GET to while I am out of a car. I am a single mother, do not have extra car laying around, my friends and family work and we live up a two mile hill which I cannot walk my children up if we were to attempt using local bus routes not servicing our location.

Any suggestions in saving jobs, daycare, and camp spots? This is a life derailing situation and I have not heard from ANYONE, about my car...it has now been 10 days with no transportation and if I took CarMax discount it would have cost me $390 in rental in addition to the $285 and $68 I've already put into this fiasco.

• Re
              Reviewer90895 Dec 01, 2015

fractured frame at 63k miles no accident or trauma. been in shop for month no progress needs gm certified repair . Call james at customer care who feels everything is fine despite no progress and refuses to expedite issue. This is 5th chevy for me and all junk but this is worst. This company is run just like the knuckleheads in our government that bailed them out.

General Motors (GM)service and product

Dear General Motor (GM) Customers and loyal supporters

This is just a letter from a customer who does not want to complain, but rather to vent his frustration in a simple letter which will probably not capture any of the emotions felt during this ordeal with General Motors (GM).

I have always loved the company and as a student (8 years ago) I have always had my eye on some of the cars they had produced over the years, but unfortunately I was not in the position to buy one of their cars. After a couple of years of work I decided to buy a Chevrolet Cruze 1.6 (2013 model). I bought the car as a demo back then and it had +-6000 km on the clock (2014).

Excitement from our first road trip (Dec 2013) with the car was quickly spoiled when we got stuck next to the road on about +- 8000 km’s. This happened on a vacation to Port st Johns and those who know this vacation spot will know that is a bit rural and that there is not allot going on there, but the stray dog fight on my car and the gun fight next to me made me wish that I was in my old 2004 Opel Corsa.

GM responded well to my call and the car was (if I recall correctly) collected the following day by a rather shaky looking truck and driver, but I was informed the following day that they received the car and that they will keep me up to date. The following day I received a call from them informing me that the car is ready to collect and that I was responsible as I did not press the clutch deep enough and the car got stuck in 5th gear (yea right). Unfortunately they could not deliver my car to me again and they brought me a rental and I had to collect the car from Mthatha (quite a drive on those roads).

A Couple of months passed and then we were ready for our next trip to Plettenberg bay (Dec 2014). We had a good drive to Plett, but the vacation was soon spoiled again when the car got stuck in 5th gear again (probable my fault again). Their service / assistance were quite good, but unfortunately no rentals were available. We were very fortunate though that one of our relatives was on vacation nearby and we could borrow his car.

The car was towed again and the mirror was scratched. Two days later I was phoned to collect the car in (Wilderness or George if I recall correct), but we were able to collect the car in Knysna. A week later we were luckily safe in Bloemfontein again, but a couple of days later the car did the same 21000 KM’s.

I lost all my faith in the car and unfortunately I felt that I had to make a change (Jan 2015) and my plans were to do so at different company, but as fate may have it I bought an Opel Astra 1.4T (2014 Demo). It is a lovely car except for the buzzing noise when you press the brake and the car is pulling to the left (only to be fixed by slotting the wheels (same as the Cruze). They inspected the car and after the second time and a lot of emotion (from both sides) it was determined that this is standard on the 2014 models and it is because of a vacuum that needs to form. I have accepted the noise though it is driving me crazy and it is really not the companies fault, but again I was disappointed as the more expensive car also had an issue and this was not pointed out (even when I have asked).

My wife also drives an Opel Corsa and it is fourth one in the family and recently I took it for the 90 000 km service, where after the lights would not switch off (again not their fault). Over the phone it was also communicated to me what I’m being charged for and one of the items was the cars remote battery, which would have been nice and appreciated if the car had a remote and not just a key. This was probably just a standard quote and it was resolved, so again no major issue. I took it in a week later and I had to sit around for 30 minutes, only to find the person helping me having a smoke brake and me and the driver (GM person dropping me off at work) standing around and not sure if they need some details from me or not. Again this was not a major quality issue, but poor communication and lack of urgency.

Some of you will read this letter and will wonder why the above was an issue for me and I would like to clarify that by the following:

I’m not a person who usually complains (I hate it) and usually I’m very reserved when it comes to speaking my mind, but for some reason the communication and attitude from the GM employees was so bad that it brought out the worst in me. I’m also not saying that the company or one of the cars I bought is not of good quality, but it just feels that (and this is just my experience and opinion) nothing ever goes right when I’m doing business with them.

Kind Regards

A Frustrated and concerned customer

General Motors / 2013 Chevy Cruzewarranty work

Bought a 2013 Chevy Cruze. It has 29000 miles on it and the clutch went out on it. Cheverlot says not under warranty and they will not fix it. I will never buy another GM product again. Won't even stand behind the products that they make.

Jack3019 Oct 31, 2015

Whereas clutches are wear items, the cost of the repair is prohibitive and particularly troubling when it occurs on a newer vehicle. I too have had to replace the clutch twice on my 2013 Cruze: 15000 miles and 34, 000 miles. It's cost me $4000 thus far. To further my pain, the dealership indicated the second failure likely occurred due to the failure of another component - the clutch failure was collateral damage. I contacted GM three times and finally received the standard response: "clutch not covered." The real out of pocket cost for this "economy car" unfathomable. This vehicle is targeted for a segment of owner who cannot afford high operating costs yet this has been nothing but expensive to own. Frankly, I will not buy another GM product. I am selling this vehicle.

• Mk
                  MkStItCh Apr 09, 2015

Many parts like Brake pads, Tie rods, Clutch pads, Ball joints, Link pins, etc... are not covered after 12, 000 - 15, 000 miles on cars. These items are called wear items because they wear differently depending on the type of driving people do. These items are all listed for people in the warranty paperwork as well as some owners manuals.

General Motorscadillac vehicle parts and repairs

I bought a Cadillac BLS Sedan Car in 2008. The dealer does not have adequate tools to repair this car. I went to buy a right hand side tail light and was told that the item is no longer manufactured. I now drive around a car with a broken tail light and worse the dashboard cannot be cleared as they said they do not have the adequate equipment. This has been going on for about six months now.

• Ah
                    ahmed salaheldin1973 Apr 22, 2013

after 65000 km, the car stopped suddenly and after going to the agent, told me the gearbox need to be replaced and the cost is L.E.60000. it dosesn't make sense to pay any cost after this time and the gurantee should cover this cost. I have never this before from any other brand. Realy ###

• Ku
                    Kubim Jul 15, 2010

My Nokia Mobile 6600 is not woking from last 10 days Handset given to Nokia Care on 5th Sept in Faridabad Sec 15, They easily told come after 15 days . No one is caring bout customer. Very poor condition.

• we bought a 2006 chev uplander in 2007 with 6, 000 mi on it from a chev dealer in oneonta, ny. we now have 26, 000 mi on it in 2009 & the tires are dangerous to drive due to severe cracking between the treads on all 4 tires. GM says it is due to lack of driving & they will not replace any of the tires-not even pro-rate them. we will never do any type of business with GM ever again.

General Motorstraction control

Here is the copy of the letter to the GM CEO

Garry Ioffe, 240 Thelin Ct., Wilmette, IL 60091
                  Chevy HHR, VIN

Dear Mrs. Barra

I bought a used 2010 Chevy HHR in February 2011. After a few months the traction control started malfunctioning. Usually this occurred on a dry and smooth pavement where traction control is not needed.
                  As I approach 40 mph, suddenly the dash board warning light appears and the car starts shaking.
                  When I reduce speed to 15 to 20 mph then the warning light disappears and the car again behaves normally. However, upon gradual acceleration to about 35-40 mph this issue repeats up to 7 times in a row. I usually press the Traction Control button, but it does not help.
                  Suddenly, the car seems to work normally for a few weeks or even a one or two months and then the issue begins again.

I attempted to resolve this at Jennings Chevrolet in Glenview, Illinois.
                  I was advised to replace all four tires. I paid over $700, but that did not help.
                  Afterward, I was given a recording device to record the code of the problem.
                  I used this device to record several (4 or 5) episodes, but upon returning the device to the technician, I was informed that nothing was recorded. I was given the device again to use for several months, and I pressed the Record button during five occurrences. When I brought the recording device back, I was told that nothing was recorded. I was then asked to leave the car for a technician to drive for a week with the hope that he could record something using a different device. Again nothing was recorded.

Not being able to fix my problem, Jennings offered me a $5, 000 certificate that was issued by GM. This certificate is a nice gesture but it is not enough to help me, considering my situation. The certificate is only good for a new GM vehicle and since the Chevy HHR model is no longer being manufactured, the only car which has a cargo space like HHR model is Equinox LS. The amount of trade-in credit I could potentially receive for my car is approximately $4, 000 ( from Kelly book), plus the GM certificate of $5, 000 still leave me with roughly $12, 000+ of out of pocket expense, which I cannot afford. When I bought my car I was expecting to be able to drive it safely and comfortably for about 10 years, but this recurring problem is preventing me from being able to drive safely. Every time I get into my car, I feel like I am risking my life. I have been suffering with this problem since February of 2011 and there is no resolution in sight.
                  What would you do in a situation like mine? Would you like to drive unsafe car?

I use to be a GM fan. In 1989 I bought a used 11 yrs old Chevy Station Wagon, 8 cyl. I was driving it for 3 yrs and still the engine was working like new. Later I had Buick 6 cyl and used it for many years without problems. I believe that GM can make good and reliable cars.

What I am hoping is that you can find a way to help me replace my existing car with a reliable car that has a cargo space like Chevy HHR or lager without any additional expense, as a way to compensate for the risking and suffering dur5bing all these years.

Thank you for considering my situation,
                  Garry

General Motorslifetime rustproofing

Anyone who purchased lifetime rustproofing through GM Goodwrench service center in the 80's and still has the vehicle, you no longer have coverage! GM has violated all the contracts and ended the program without notifying any of it's customers.

When finally contacting someone at GM that wouldn't just ignore me (due to me threatening legal action) it took them almost a month to even figure out any information on this product. Then it was all denial as usual. End result, we paid for lifetime protection, got screwed, and they don't care. They try to say that this was a third party company unaffiliated with GM...really...GM Goodwrench service center is no part of GM!

I called a GM Goodwrench fluids specialist and he was more than happy to help me until I gave him my contract number.

After that he would never pick up the phone when I called or return any of my messages ever again.Typical GM runaround, if there is a problem, ignore it until it goes away.

General Motorsvalve cover

I bought a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 at the end of February 2014 from a Ford dealership. The truck had 54, 000 miles on it and ran perfect. Fast forward to October 25, 2014. I was sitting in line at the car wash and my truck started to run rough and then the traction control and stability track light starts flashing. The truck at this time had 65, 000 miles on it. So I drove it to the local Chevrolet dealership and explained to the service person at what had happen. He told me that he could take a look at it but it would probably be tomorrow since he had a skeleton crew and only one truck guy working that day. I told him no problem just call me when you find out something. The service person called me Monday morning to tell me the problem which was a defective valve cover that GM had a revision on. He explained to me what the process was and how much it would cost me. Being the person I am I said that GM should be paying for this and not me due to the fact that it was a manufacture defect, He advised me to call GM, so I called GM directly and of course they weren’t willing to take care of the problem. Unless it is a safety issue they weren't going to fix it. Well I'm here to tell you that is BS. This is clearly a GM defect that GM was willing to give me a 5% discount on a $475.00 repair bill. This was told to me that it wasn't a recall that it was a revision of the valve cover which means that this particular "revision" was not made public because it would cost GM millions to fix. I have been on several GM blogs with people having the same problems and having oil consumption problems as well. GM wants the customer to pay for their defective parts and pay for the labor to do it. GM needs to step up to the plate and fix these problems. No wonder the government bailed them out "GM - Government Motors" I can tell you that I will be fixing the problem my self and selling it the first chance I get.

General Motors vehiclecar not repairable, gm unwilling to assist

My 2013 Malibu has 26.6K miles on it and has a noise that can not be identified by the service dept or GM and refuses to assist in getting another vehicle that is in working order.

Since the dealer service dept could not identify the noise after 3.5 weeks, they had a GM engineer come in to review and fix, and instead of fixing a noise that they can't identify, nor repair, they REDUCE the noise by 90%, not fix. You can't fix what you don't know and they were never able to isolate the issue. If I take the car back for the same issue, there is nothing they can do about it because they don't know what the noise is and have exhausted all remedies to fix 100%, only reduce the noise by 90% is the only fix. I bought the car thinking it would be working 100% of the time, and now I have a 90% reduced noise vehicle that GM has deemed safe to drive, although they don't know what the issue was causing the noise.

I worked with the dealer, who asked GM to assist with incentive monies to get out of my car and get a car that works and has no noise 100% of the time. GM refused stating it's under warranty and that should cover it. How can it cover it, when no one knows what the "it" is and I still hear the noise, only muffled to 10% of the time. GM is not treating me fairly as a consumer, especially in light of the issues they are currently experiencing with other vehicles. Who's to say that the unidentified noise does not turn into a future recall issue and is a safety issue? How can they deem something safe when they can't identify what "it" is? What happens when my warranty is up and God forbid it's something major that I could have avoided, just by GM assisting me. GM...pls advise. You would not want your mother to drive a car that has issues that you can't identify, so why wouldn't you care enough about your long-standing customers and do what is right? With my car being a 2013 I owe a lot and incentives would assist me. After all, it was not my intent to go car shopping so soon after purchasing my vehicle, only a year later, because you failed to sell me what your site advertises as a safe and reliable vehicle.

My case number for this: 71-[protected] My email is: [protected]@sbcglobal.net My phone is: 847.877.9336

• Je
                            Jenise425 Aug 25, 2014

My 2013 Malibu has 26.6K miles on it and has a noise that can not be identified by the service dept or GM and refuses to assist in incentives to fund another vehicle that is in working order.

My case number for this: 71-[protected] My email is: [email protected] My phone is: 847.877.9336

General Motorsgear box replacement

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that I had received the worst service during the time I had dealt with the franchises of Chevrolet in Egypt. Being neglected and received many false promises from their

side made me extremely frustrated. I had a Chevrolet cruise 2010 bought it from Yassin (Approved Franchise) and had all maintenance and services in an approved franchise named (El-deeb)

located in Maadi, Cairo. Suddenly I experienced a gearbox malfunction which totally disabled the car. I went back to service center in the 28th of June and they inspect the car and told me that the

gear box need to be replaced as it’s totaled and added it’s a manufacturing deficiency and they are going to contact Mansour Chevrolet and replace it ASAP. Since then I had received many false

Promises. First they told me one week and I am going to receive the car. After they failed to fulfill the date they told me I had to be charged for 30 percent of the gearbox value. After I sent a

Complain to Mansour they called and informed me they will deduct the charge to be 10 percent of its value. I had approved the value as I was paralyzed with no car for a month. Since the 1st of

August I had been informed that the gearbox is coming from Korea and will reach the Service center the 24th of August. Today I had been informed that the gearbox didn’t arrive and they

don’t know when it going to be delivered. I want to know which kind of service you are offering. This is the worst decision I had took to deal with such unprofessional individuals. Please, your

intervention is mandatory or else I regret to inform you that I will be going to court and press. I really can’t imagine that a brand like Chevrolet could mistreat their customers in such ways.

Finally, I would like to receive the proper quality of service and treatment and also, compensation for the hilarious treatment I had and for renting cars for 2 months with no response from the

Company supposed to be one of the trusted brands worldwide in the vehicle industry.

Your Fast response is extremely critical.

General Motorstransmission / oxygen sensors

After purchasing a new car in 2010 a 2011 chevy malibu lt. After 40000mil i had to replace a transmission. That was covered and then after getting the car back the throttle body went on the car not covered so out of pocket espense. Then in may 2013 about 78000mil. Car has to get a second trans. Then after getting the car back then in june 2013 the oxygen senors go, though my 100, 000 mil warranty was still working. The gm specialist (Amy) in detroit said to me that we have done casue we offered you extended warranty for the trans,

General Motors Vehiclespoor paint

I own 4 GM products;

1994 GMC Sanoma (White)
                              1995 GMC 2500 PU (Blue)
                              1996 GMC Suburban (Tan)
                              2000 Buick LeSabre (Gold)

The reason for this communication is an apparent defect in GM product paint products. I have noticed this problem for many years from a large number of GM cars & trucks I have seen on the road.

The problem starts with the clear coat coming off in large areas and then the paint down to the primer. All 4 of my GM’s have this problem on the roof, hood and dexk lid.

As you can see, none of my vehicles are new and with this inherent paint problem that seems to be prevalent with GM products, I am very reluctant to consider rplalceing any of them with another GM product.

True, I have seen Ford & Chrysler products with this problem also, but I will tell you that I have not seen more than a few GM’s over 10 years old that still had paint on the hoods, roofs, or deck lids. Not so with Ford or Chrysler.

Sad selling point for GM.

• Jk
                                  JK Harris Jul 19, 2015

I totally agree! Our 2006 Savanna has peeling paint! GM will do absolutely Zero to remedy this problem as stated by a GM rep who came to the dealership I purchased my Savanna from. I will not be purchasing GM vehicles because GM will not repair these problems. I have seen a lot of GM vehicles with peeling paint. Mine is actually bubbling and popping off. An auto body professional that gave me a quote to repaint my Savanna stated that the primer is defective and he has repainted many GM vehicles. This is my 8th GM purchase from this dealer for myself and my business over the years, I will not be repurchasing.

General Motors — dealership crashed my new car, gm doesn't care

I purchased a new GMC Acadia in December 2012 from Circle Buick in Highland, IN. I had to make several trip...

GM door locks stick

Purchased a hhr from robbins auto mall humble texas. It was purchased new. Been in dealer 6 times for door locks sticking. Allthe door locks are sticking now. I have video of being locked in my hhr. Showed video to dealer and service tek and lawyer from gm s main office. They have given me a componet coverage letter. The door locks are still stickiing. They dont
                                Feel getting locked you vehicle is dangerous. We asked gm
                                To take the vehicle back they want its not dangerous. Let gm know how you feel.

General Motorsproduct and chevrolet dealership quality

Had my truck in multiple times I own a 01 chevy silverado 2500hd with a duramax diesel. Within the last year I have done injectors, injector sleeves, injector pump, water pump, head gaskets, oil cooler, transmission. And many more parts. I have had a better business complaint with ron tonkin because I had my truck in there 3 or 4 times and they said it was normal and so I opened a bbb complaint finally they said the injector pump was bad then after another technician looked at it they said it was the injectors. So they misdiagnosed my truck 3 times now the oil cooler is leaking and two out of the three leaks is there fault because it's connected to the water pump and so I took it to them and they charged me 103.00 this time to misdiagnose my truck I took my truck to alan webb chevrolet in vancouver, wa and they took pictures to prove that if ron tonkin were to fix my truck it still would have a leak and I called ron tonkin and complained they never called me back. My complaint is not only that gm makes a low quality vehicle with problems but who do they also certify to work on there vehicles and what classes do they have to take becaus they are also low quality repair facilities that carry the chevrolet certified name.

General Motorsnoisy exhaust

I bought a new 2012 CTS. When I get on it a little bit just before it shifts gears it makes a sound that sounds like all the baffles in the muffler or cat is going to fall out. I took it my dealer and they hear it also. They took another 2012 CTS and it does the same thing.
                                    I got a case number from GM (71-[protected]). They tell me there is nothing they can do. I have had 5-6 people tell me that the car sounds like it is falling apart when I step on it. The dealer hears, GM knows about it and will not do anything. What do I need to do to get some results. I am not bad mouthing the dealer, they have done everything they can at this time.

• Ge
                                        GeorgeJetson Jun 18, 2012

Did you test drive the car before you bought it?

• Da
                                        David94Mustang May 04, 2012

The dealer is waiting for GM to do something. Like a factory recall. Plus they prob don't even know how to fix the issue yet. Also finding a solution has to be approved and not affect the safety of the vehicle. So once they figure that out then supply the dealers and give the technicians training on how to fix the problem. Also figure out all the vehicles that are experiencing the problem. Then they will get back to you. Its a sad truth I just hope it doesn't take to long and they compensate you for it