Geisinger Health System Logo

Geisinger Health System

Having problems with Geisinger Health System?

Geisinger Health System reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 8, 2010. The latest review 6th fl nursing staff was posted on Sep 16, 2021. Geisinger Health System has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 57 reviews. Geisinger Health System has resolved 0 complaints.

Geisinger Health System Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 275 6401 (Customer Service)
+1 800 332 8901 (MedLink)
100 North Academy Ave.
Danville, Pennsylvania
United States - 17822-4910

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Geisinger Health System Customer Service. Initial Geisinger Health System complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Geisinger Health System above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Geisinger Health System. Discuss the issues you have had with Geisinger Health System and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Geisinger Health System Complaints & Reviews

Geisinger Health System6th fl nursing staff

My mother rang her call bell for help it is now 25 minutes with no nurse showing up. She is in rm 641 right across from the station. I can hear everything thats going on. They apparently have a lot of time to [censored]. I have taken pictures of the control that shows the call bell time. This is ridiculous care for someone who is unable to do for themselves.

Geisinger Health SystemUnable to reach office, it on hold and never picked up, incompetent office staff

Sustained a thumb injury on August 29. Laceration healed, but swollen, painful, and very little movement in thumb. Called the Tunkhannock office to make appt with my dr. Never spoke to anyone, went right to hold and the office staff went home without ever taking me off hold. Messaged my Dr, Dr. Sayre that evening about my injury and my frystration at not being able to get in touch with office. The next day I was given a 3:30 appt with a PA. I arrived 10 minutes late due to traffic backup and was told he left for the day and if I wanted to see my Dr, he was booked for the next year. The next available appt with any Dr was 5 days. The pain and swelling continued to worsen, so went to the Nicholson Caresite. Got right in with nurse practioner, received excellent care, treated like a real human, and told me Dr. Sayre sent an urgent request for hand surgeon the day after my message. I have not received an appt with hand surgeon yet, and have been on hold since 11Am today, and its now 1:40. This is totally uncalled for. I have never been put on hold for hours from any office, let alone a Drs office. I'm totally disgusted. I have been with Dr. Sayre for 35 years and cannot get in to see him, and apparently the staff ignores his referals. My request for a refill on my cholesterol meducine has also been denied. When did my medication needs get switched from my Dr to office staff?

Geisinger Health SystemPatient

My wife Lisa Derck is in room 642 B at Geisinger Danville. Her roommate is an out of control mean cantankerous woman who complains constantly. Makes accusations same people are up to no good. Accused my wife of being up to something because I was visiting her. Complains when the nurses are tending to my wife . Because they won't leave her and tend her instead. My wife is very ill and this woman is making her hospital stay even worse can you please do something to fix this problem.? Thank you.

Sep 13, 2021

Geisinger Health System — Unprofessional conduct behavior

I Ronald P. Grella MRN: 6367185 had a appointment at the Geisinger Wyoming Valley Orthopaedics Clinic on...

Geisinger Health Systemunethical behavior

On 8/24/21 i went to the emergency room of geisinger cmc, scranton, 'pa approximately 10 pm. I had cut my hand on a
        broken glass and needed stiches in my little finger on my
        right hand. I was bleeding badly as i am on blood thinners.
        After registering and seeing the triage nurse i went to the
        waiting room. After a little while, i was bleeding on the chair and my purse through the bandage i had put on at home. I went to the desk 3 times and asked if i could have another bandage. I was told a nurse would be told and would come out to the waiting room. That never happened. I also inquired as to when i would see a doctor and a girl named "marsilla" was training another employee and calling patients back. The first time i was told she would have to check with the charge nurse. The second time i was told she did not know. Finally the third time i asked her and she told me whenever everyone else in the waiting room was seen. She was very rude. Finally about 1:30 the triage nurse changed my bandage. I told "marsilla" at 2 am that people that came in after me were being taken back. She replied that some people only need to hear a report. I told her that all i needed was a few stitches in my finger and i was here before other people. Finally i had it and asked her name and had her spell it. I told her to take me off the list that i was leaving and she was going to be reported. No one should be treated the way i was. I was a patient in oct 2020 when i had a widow maker heart attack and was in intensive care for a few days and i had the most wonderful care anyone could have. My nurse was gina her last name started with a c. She was absolutely phenomenal. The nurses were also great when i was trasferred to a room. I also recently completed cardiac therapy and laura and casey were so kind and pleasant. This is the kind of people you want to empl0y. Not rude people like marsilla. I don't want her to lose her job because she probably needs it, however, she needs to be reprimanded so that she learns how to treat patients in the future. By the way, i went to my family dr. The next morning and had to have 7 stiches in my little finger.
        Thank you for the great treatment i received on other occasions.
        Jo anne zippittelli
        email [protected]@gmail.Com

Geisinger Health SystemDr. Favetta responding to "my chart" messages

After testing for the issue of vaginal bleeding that has been going on for 2 months, (that is how long it has taken for acquiring an initial appointment and scheduling testing), a second ultra sound done through the emergency room, determined a 11.5 cm fibroid. I have to wait until October 7, 2021 for the earliest surgery time to get in for a D&C, which was diagnosed at our last appointment----I have sent Dr. Favetta 3 messages, dating 8/14/21--8/16/21--8/21/21 requesting an answer as to whether this "new finding" of the fibroid will in fact, be able to be addressed within the surgery I have scheduled for 10/7/21----If the time comes, and he finally realizes the 10/7/21 slot does not accommodate this added finding, how long am I going to have to wait for another surgery schedule time??????? January???? My deductible and "out of pocket" has been met for the year, I should not have to wait and bleed for another 3 months because this was not planned.

Geisinger Health Systemforehead flap surgery performed by dr. gregory bormes.

6 months ago dr. bormes performed forehead flap surgery on me. i was assured by him and his team not to worry about the outcome of this surgery. i was told when it was over, the scaring would be minimal and only noticeable to people who have known me a long time. nothing could be farther from the truth. i am now facially disfigured to an extent that everyone notices. i am left with a nasty jagged scar that runs from the top of my head into my left eye socket, disfiguring both and since i am bald there's no way of hiding it without a hat or some other covering. but that's not the worst of it. he took a chunk of flesh from my scalp and dumped it on the side of my right nostril. it looks totally unnatural like a large marble and to add insult to injury, there's hair growing out of it. nice touch doc. my default emotional state after this is severe depression. my ins. coverage is medicare with medicaid. i was aware going in that neither pays for cosmetic procedures and by the looks of it he didn't bother to do any, regardless of how that would leave me looking afterward. i am emotionally devastated by all this. i wake up each morning with a deep feeling of dread. this is by far the worst experience of my life. i believe i got the standard of care for poor people. this is disgraceful. i feel i was totally misled about the outcome of this procedure and isn't that grounds for a malpractice lawsuit. i will be contacting a lawyer shortly. ya know, with so much sorrow in the world these days, you would least expect a doctor and medical establishment to add to it. all your promotional b s about being committed to providing real and lasting improvements, to the lives of patients today and in the future went right down the drain with the job dr. bormes did for me. the sad part is the only thing for me now that is real and lasting, is my disfigured forehead, eye socket and nose. shame on you geisinger and dr. bormes. there were procedures available to prevent all this, but since dr. bormes couldn't bill for those procedures he didn't do any regardless of how that was going to make me look. how morally bankrupt is that. i guess it's true, these days in the medical community you're a customer, not a patient. how sad for everyone when the quality of care is tied to what is billable. bernie sanders just picked up another vote. you all ruined my appearance and my life and got paid for it to. wow...i'll be writing letters to the editor to all local newspapers. i feel i owe it to the community, of which poor people like myself are a large part of, to let them know what to expect from your real and lasting improvements. since my coverage doesn't cover cosmetic procedures, revision surgery is out of the question for me. so, i'm screwed i guess. i would appreciate it if this complaint would make it to dr. kauffman.

Aug 14, 2021

Geisinger Health System — Emergency room visits

I checked into the emergency room per instruction from the OBGYN department due to excessive vaginal...

GeisingerNo help

I have rheumatoid arthritis, severe osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia in need for double knee replacement haven't been able to walk for 13 months the rheumatologist refuses to help me out of pain. The orthopedic will not do surgery till i lose weight. How can i lose weight if i can't walk? I can't get any help and i am in alot of pain no meds... The worst DOCTORS I HAVE EVER MET.. NO CARE AT ALL...

Geisinger Health SystemEmergency room

I had my son in geisinger south Wilkes Barre pa location early morning hours of July 3rd with a dislocated knee. Such great staff. Few hours later early morning hours again around 730-8am I myself was taken there by ambulance for kidney stone. I suffer from recurrent stones. The way I was treated by head nurse and er Dr was APPALLING. I am a recovering addict of 4 years. I am on a maintenance program with Suboxone. I'm also a mother of 3 and work full time. Two days prior my father passed away in your hospice unit. I wasn't offered any fluids for having a kidney stone. Also while staff was trying to find a vein as I was severely dehydrated from vomiting, I heard them talking about "what a shame it was for me to have track marks on my arms because I was so pretty" I could not speak or stand up for myself as I was in excruciating pain. The doctor came in and asked me what I wanted and I said can you please get me out of pain but I am on Suboxone I cannot have an opiate. He then said well what else do you expect me to give you? I said can you please give me an anti-inflammatory shot as that's what you usually works for me with kidney stones. He then replied that he didn't know what I expected him to do for me. He then left the room and told the nurse to "straight Cath me" I was still an excruciating pain and was not able to make decisions or stand up for myself my husband was there and spoke up and said we will not be doing that she can get up to go to the bathroom I will help her because no one had asked me if I could get up and go he was just going to give me a straight catheter. The whole time I was there and on the IV he ended up giving me Benadryl I was never offered any IV fluids or fluids in any other way. I'm not a medical professional but every time I've been in the hospital for a kidney stone I have been given fluids I was severely dehydrated which made it a problem for them to get the IV in. They then had to call in the head nurse to put the IV in she started to pump up the bed and I started screaming in agony asking her to please stop she then got very frustrated and said I could not put in your IV at this level and pumped up the bed aggressively probably five or six times while the whole time I screamed asking her to stop. I have never in my life been treated so badly or her medical professionals talk about me while I was laying right there it was the most unprofessional experience of my life. I am four years over and a productive member of society but even if I wasn't I still entered your facility during a medical emergency and should have been treated just like any other patient. I will never enter your facility again for any reason and I feel like your staff needs more training on dealing with people in recovery or addiction.

Geisinger Health SystemProfessionalism of the appointment receptionist at Geisinger Frackville

On June 25, 2021, I had a colonoscopy performed at the Woodbine facility by Dr. Alberto Unzueta, MD. Upon completion of the procedure, Dr. Alberto Unzueta, MD informed me that he had found a cancerous growth in my colon. On his instructions, I scheduled appointments for both MR and CT exams at the Bloomsburg facility on July 7, 2021. As part of these tests I needed blood work done before going for the procedures.
                  On July 1, 2021 at about 3:30pm I entered the Geisinger Family Practice in Frackville PA to get the scheduled blood work done for my up coming tests and Surgeon appointment July 9, 2021.
                  When I entered the Frackville facility I was seated at the receptionist's sign in station. I identified myself and explained the reasons for my visit. In a non discreet voice level, the receptionist asked me if I was going to pay anything on an outstanding $700.00 bill, I actually knew nothing about. Taken by surprise by a receptionist who also was apparently cross trained as a Geisinger Billing person; I retrieved a $50.00 bill from my wallet and gave it to her. (Receipt #254784, Guarantor Elmer E. Blackwell #xx4745). As patrons in the waiting area who heard the vocal exchange were watching me, I was then ushered into a cubicle where a very pleasant, professional acting phlebotomist did the blood draws that were scheduled.
                  In the past few months, I've been seen by various departments at Geisinger Danville. I have had nothing but friendly, competent and professional experiences from everyone I came in contact with. I have also logged various messages with patient care regarding my positive experiences I have experienced. I suppose that it was inevitable, considering the numbers of employees Geisinger employs, that sooner or later I'd have a bad experience with someone.
                  Due to the fact that the Mahanoy City facility does not currently employ a phlebotomist, I suspect that due to the recent cancer diagnosis I've gotten, I will be needing more lab work performed at the Frackville facility in the near future. I am somewhat apprehensive at frequenting that facility after I file this complaint report. I am of the opinion that the receptionist in question was not acting in her job capacity/description when she embarrassed me on the July 1 visit.

Respectively Yours,
                  Elmer E. Blackwell
                  DOB 6-22-56

Geisinger Health Systemsurgery

was scheduled for surgery back in December, 2 days before surgery, surgery cancelled by hospital due to covid many months go by, with no word at all from geisinger, when i finally get through to someone, they dont know who i am and when they view my records im told i need clearance from a cardiac doctor, as there is an abnormal ity with an ekg. while i was waiting patiently, evidently there was an issues of concern since December, i was never contacted nor told to follow up untill i called to try and get surgery scheduled again after the news reports covid restrictions easing, then i wait to see a cardiac doctor. im made to take a stress test. im never told why i even need this stress test. i comply, finally i get clearance for my surgery. i wait a couple weeks and contact plastic surgery. again staff has no clue who i am and after pulling my records says their backed up. staff is rude to me, I HAVE BEEN CLEARED FOR SURGERY OVER A MONTH AGO! NO ONE WILL RETURN MY CALL. I AM IN PAIN AND MY DAILY ACTIVITIES ARE LIMITED DUE TO PAIN FROM THESE LUMPS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE REMOVED LAST DEC. I JUST WANT MY SURGERY. IVE WAITED PATIENTLY FOR MANY MANY MONTHS AND HAVE JUMPED THROUGH ALL THE HOOPS THROWN AT ME. I UNDERSTAND COVID HAS CAUSED COMPLICATIONS, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. IVE HAD ENOUGH AND NOW AM FILING A GRIEVANCE WITH ANY AND ALL AGENCIES THAT WILL LISTEN. i an john anthony murman jr i can be reached at [protected]

Geisinger Health SystemAccessibility to care- appointments

6/14/21: Emailed Dr. in GI dept treating my 82 yr old mother. Received phone call from Dr. confirming what I suspected was a re-occurring infection. She ordered medication.
                      Medication was denied by insurance, went on to Level 3 appeal- needed Dr. to respond to insurance co.
                      Sent numerous emails, called GI dept etc. and was told working on it. Then my mother's condition worsened and I asked for Dr. to consult on medication. Turns out her provider was on vacation and had another Dr. covering who was clearly swamped and did not return calls or email for 3 days. On day 3 as patient worsened I call patient advocate and admin. of hospital to get appointment. Was told there were no appointments in GMC system. No emergency appointment! I was told to take her to ER. That is what I was trying to avoid by being proactive. Then I also reached out to her PCP who was also on vacation. LPN wrote message that was less than helpful and eventually did pass case on to NP in office that did successfully order a change in medication. In the mean time I got a reply from GI dr. at GMC covering for the other vacationing dr. and she noted the concerns and went as far to say she did not have record (email or phone note) of my calling. I was amazed that Dr. got so tied up in what was done or not done when it was the patient that needed the help. All phone calls are documented and contact was documented with GI secretary. It ended up that my mom could not be seen by GI at GMC even though she was an ongoing patient.
                      Took her to Evangelical Hospital and received EXCELLENT care, compassion and follow up.
                      If I provide all of the email's and phone records for this one incident it would probably overcome your server.

• Si
                          Sirenbliss46 Jun 22, 2021

I have been having a lot or problems receiving access to care there as well, especially the last few years. Not a big fan of Evangelical however-- they couldn't even get an IV in me and I had to transport to Geisinger to get an IV for high blood pressure. Both Evan and Geisinger have gone down the tubes with regards to quality and access to care of late. I finally changed my insurance and am transferring all my care to UPMC. The ONLY way I will go back to Geisinger is if I have an emergency that is so dangerous I wouldnt make it to UPMC in time. That said I am so upset by these lousy care facilities I am also MOVING to be closer to a better medical facility. I used to really love Geisinger. I think ever since Dr. David Feinberg left the place fell to crap. I know the pandemic hasn't made things better and medical professionals are tapped out but if funding is so bad they cant answer emails, calls, etc then they need to sell to another hospital. Glad your mom is better now. Signed-- a fellow former patient.

Geisinger Health SystemRemoving PCP from network, no longer allowed to accept GHP

GHP has recently decided that our local primary care physician is no longer in network. This provider is one of the most thorough and effective physicians in our area and truly cares about her patients health. Now her patients who are insured through GHP have to decide whether to compromise their care and gamble on another PCP, who will most likely provide them with lower quality care and poorer outcomes, or pay out of pocket to continue to see this provider until they can change insurance carriers. For the health and well being of our community, I hope they choose the latter as we will be doing.

Geisinger Health SystemGeisinger Convenient Care

I was having pain and stiffness in my left hand while doing laundry and was unable to move the hand as it locked up. I was scared that it might be a stroke symptom and called the on-call doctor at Geisinger Internal Medicine in Danville. The on-call doctor asked me to go to the Geisinger Convenient Care center in Selinsgrove -- their new building. I did and was treated like crap by the doctor there, Dr. Sewak. He started asking me "what I was doing in here" and that I had osteoarthritis of the hand which was something I was likely dealing with all along. I tried to explain to him that this was the first time my hand has locked up like this. I told him I thought I has arthritis in the hand but that my PCP in Internal Medicine, Dr. Sapkota told me there was no evidence of arthritis in my hand and refused to send me for testing, even though I believed also that I had arthritis in my hand but as I am not a doctor I couldn't confirm. I was sent to him by the on-call doctor at Geisinger Internal Med in Danville. I then asked about possible hand surgeries and he basically BERATED me as he sat in his chair for asking about it. "Why are harping on hand surgery!!" I suggested a hand xray and he scoffed at me but I did get one. I suggested another one on the other hand to update it and said "we don't update xrays because of radiation!" (I later asked ORTHO and they said that was baloney because the amount of radiation used in a hand xray is minimal). I left with a bad experience there feeling like a POS who wasted his time. Even the nurse was cold and brusque. There was NO ONE ELSE in the waiting room! So their behavior was unacceptable and I would have thought they would have been happy to have a customer. The only people who were nice were the x-ray technician and the receptionist. I went to ORTHO as my NEW PCP referred me and low and behold ARTHRITIS OF THE HANDS was diagnosed. Could have saved a HUGE AMOUNT OF TIME if Dr. Sapkota at Geisinger Internal Medicine would have LISTENED to me! He is now fired from my care and so is this crap of a hole, Geisinger Convenient Care unless they get rid of this creepy Sewak!

Jun 04, 2021

Geisinger Health System — Geisinger selinsgrove convenient care

I was referred to this new Geisinger clinic by Internal Medicine in Danville. I was having problems with left...

May 06, 2021

Geisinger Health System — Medical care access - right to treatment

I received a call from a Dr. Kisvarday late April stating that my case was too complex for her resident Dr...

Geisinger Health SystemCovid vaccine

I was given my first covid vaccine on 2/13/21 I was scheduled by them for my second dose 3/13/21 at 7am. I received a call from Karen at Geisinger cancelling my appointment and rescheduled me for 3/18/21 at 9:20am. I asked if they had the vaccine, she said yes, I asked why I was being rescheduled, she had no answer. I told her I am disabled needed transportation, and this is unacceptable. I also asked, since geisinger made the local news if this is because they are vaccinating family members of employees. I am very upset with this action and would like an answer. I was scheduled as soon as they open, they are going to be open also why was I rescheduled?

• Si
                                Sirenbliss46 Jun 10, 2021

This was in the news too. They are getting alot of heat due to unethical behavior. I used to honestly love Geisinger but they just went down hill big time with all the baby deaths, lawsuits and this latest stunt with the vaccines. They need new leadership.

Oct 23, 2020

Geisinger Health System — Nurse behavior

I was on 4th floor GMC. Had a nurse named Lynn B. She degraded me, made me feel like I was a dirtbag, yelled...

Geisinger Health SystemCare and follow- up

My son was tested for a possible seizure, was not a seizure dr took his license prior to testing any of follow up was not done this was a Dr with your system from scranton she moved out of state, my son's blood work came back 6 months ago positive for pv blood disease. He just went to my top office Dr. Godfrey has not completed paperwork for license, he has not been referred to hemotology for care nothing has been done, she won't give him another option for anything. My name is Susan pecora and I am so disgusted with your system, I expect someone to take care of lack of follow up in your My top office, vI am going to another insurance and medical system if this office doesn't get straightened out