Geek Squadlaptop repair

Today I am waiting for a "redo" on my computer repair. It was not repaired properly at the Louisville center and had the repairs had to be "redone." My business is dependent on my computer, and the extra week or so to redo the repair is unacceptable.

My computer was ready for repair pickup on Friday, August 31st. I arrived at the store, tried to use my computer, and received several error messages. It also wouldn't connect to the internet, the ports wouldn't work (including one that had visual "smoke damage)" and some of the keyboard keys didn't work. I couldn't run any applications on it properly.

So, on Friday, 8/31 the computer was resent to Louisville, Kentucky with overnight delivery. Unfortunately, it took four days to get there (it didn't arrive at the Louisville site until Tuesday.) To be fair, I don't think this was this store's fault. This was apparently a UPS holiday weekend, or slow down, but overnight means overnight, and this delay contributed to my dissatisfaction.

I do want to say the Eagan, MN store employees were very helpful. Jeremy, in particular, tried to help repair things, and explain the status of things beyond his control, particularly when I called regarding the 4 day "overnight" delay. His customer service skills are good.

Overall, this instance has not been a good experience. We have bought a lot of items and services from Best Buy over the years, and I hope Best Buy will make this right.

The service order # is 01055-[protected].