Having problems with GameStop?

GameStop reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 15, 2008. The latest review Game code had already been redeemed was posted on Mar 8, 2021. The latest complaint false advertisement was resolved on Mar 01, 2018. GameStop has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 208 reviews. GameStop has resolved 58 complaints.

GameStop Customer Service Contacts

625 Westport Pkwy
Grapevine, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GameStop Customer Service. Initial GameStop complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GameStop above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GameStop. Discuss the issues you have had with GameStop and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GameStop Complaints & Reviews

GameStop — rudeness by employee

I went to the gamestop on 31st street in temple texas, on febuary 25 at approximately 720 pm. There was a...

GameStoponline order

Hello! I placed an order with gamestop online the first week of December. I have still only received part of that order! I have emailed the company repeatedly! I have emailed them five times and only once have I received a reply. That reply was to inform me that contrarian to what the information the website asks for when filing a complaint I need to also provide a billing address. Which I have done in several emails since! I have been emailing them several times over the past three weeks. It would be nice to know where my order is that I paid for! As it is now I feel robbed! I paid for items that were supposed to be Christmas presents and never arrived. I paid for items that still haven't arrived! I can't get an answer from there so called help center! The contact us means nothing because no one ever responds!

GameStopdigital gift certificate

I ordered a $50 digital gift certificate from Gamestop on 1/9/17 with the expectation to receive it via email the same day.The order was marked "closed" on Gamestop's website, but I haven't received the gift certificate.

I sent an email on 1/10/17 to inquire about the status. They said they needed my full billing address in order to proceed, which I sent immediately, but never got a response. On 1/11/17, I sent another asking where is the gift certificate and included my order number, name and full billing address. They sent me another apologetic email saying they need my name, order number, and full billing address in order to continue.

Suffice it to say, I still haven't received the gift certificate.And at this point, I just want my money back.

GameStopwatch dogs 2

So me and my sister go into gamestop cause I wanted watch dogs 2 and I'm sixteen and she is seventeen and she was buying it for me they asked for both of our id's and that is no need for me to show mine cause I'm not buying it she showed hers then they refused to sell it to us my name is Nathan and the gamestop that I'm talking about is in lake Jackson Texas

GameStop — no knowledge employee

The problem is I took my son to purchase a pre-ordered game had been pre-ordered since May 2016. Now we are...

GameStopcustomer service

At the end of April my fiance ordered an xbox blast from the past pack with a protection plan as a birthday/graduation present for my sister. Unfortunately the xbox didn't actually work, so we had to send it back in. We just received the replacement in the mail, and the replacement xbox didn't work either. My fiance called gamestop customer service and they told him that we can send in the defective xbox and get our money back but they wouldn't send another xbox because our protection plan only allows for one replacement, even though it is not our fault that the xbox's didn't work...

GameStoponline ordering

I ordered a game from gamestop.com, then went to cancel it because I found a better deal somewhere else. However Iw as not able to call and cancel the game directly from the website it said to call. I called in and waited about an hour for some help.

The person I called initially said they couldn't cancel my order, because it was already being processed. However, I ordered late Friday evening and they do not process orders on the weekend. I told him it was ok if he couldn't I would just speak to his manager. He then said he was able to cancel the order however after getting off the phone with him the order wasn't cancelled but now I could go in and cancel it myself. I had used gift cards to pay for my game but have not been told how or when I will be reimbursed for the $89 some odd dollars of my order. I emailed them several times with no response and although I could call, I don't know that I want to wait an hour, maybe the wait will be longer after the weekend. I would like some kind of compensation for my time, an apology and some kind of website fix to have the ability to change or cancel the order.

TL;DR
          GameStop has horrible customer service and a very poorly developed website. Unless it was built with the purpose of making it difficult to return a game intentionally.

(If you have Amazon Prime you get 20% off of new and pre-ordered games plus free 2 day shipping)

GameStoppaid for but never received product ordered

I ordered a xbox 360 game. My credit card was charged for the game but I never received it, that was Nov. 4. I requested a replace game. first they said it would take 3 to 5 days now they say 15 days, it just seems to be a runaround to me.

Dear Tristan,

Thank you for contacting GameStop. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but I'm glad you reached me so I can take care of your concerns right away. A replacement request has been issued for your order #[protected] on01/12/2016. You should expect from us a notification about the delivery of this item. Please remember, replacements can take up to 15 business days.

Rest assured, we value your business and hope you continue being part of the family. Thank you for contacting GameStop, any questions feel free to reply this email or give a call at [protected], we will more than happy to assist you at any time.

Best Regards,

Maria R.

GameStop — xbox 1 stereo headset adapter

I went to the Gamestop in North Richland Hills Texas to get my son this adapter that he needed. I paid for...

GameStoppreorders ripoff

Ok, a few weeks ago i went into the gamestop in my area to pick up my copy of Batman Arkham Knight that i had money on. the gamestop guy scans my gamestop card and says there is no reserve for batman. what??! so he scans my gamestop card again, and no luck. than i pull out my phone and show him on my gamestop app that i do have a reserve on batman and it shows how much money i have on it. he still can't find it in the system... so the other gamestop clerk took over my situation and starts looking in the system. so they didn't find my batman reservation but he found 3 things:

1- a reserve for a game 3 years ago with $20 on it (the manager from 3 years ago swears up and down i never gave him $20 and forced me to pay full price for a game i put money down on...)

2- a reserve for watch dogs with $8 on it from over a year ago

3- a reserve for watch dogs with $5 on it (the gamestop person told me the $8 i placed the first time disappeared and i had to put money on it again...)

the gamestop guy found these 3 reserves because the past employees were putting the reserves on my old phone number that does not even work any more and what was the point of asking me if my current phone number is correct if you're going to go into the system and put my future reserves on my previous phone number???

so the gamestop guy asks me if i want my money back? What??!! YESS!!! but i thought it was gamestop policy that once i put money down i cannot get it back?? he said you can ALWAYS get your money back, he turned his monitor towards me and showed me the cancel button on the reservation screen. so now he just proved to me that everyone from his manager (a real total [censored]) to his other employees are all liars!!! so i got my money back, paid for my batman and left the store.

the next morning i was cleaning my room and found my receipt for my batman reservation and went back to the gamestop with it and showed the same employee who gave me back my money it. he scanned the barcode on the receipt and he found out that the assistant manager put my batman reserve on a phone number from 4 years ago that does not work!!! i got my money back!!! What i found very disappointing was there was a guy there named Jorell, and for the past year he has been lying to my face saying i don't have any preorders under my name when clearly the other guy just found all my missing preorders and Jorell was tying to steal my money and didn't want to give back my preorders when customer service clearly stated that i can get my money back from a preorder i cancel.

just this morning i called the gamestop to find out if a game came out already and the manager was a total [censored]!!! she was very rude and nasty on the phone and all i asked was if they will have this game on the day it comes out!! her name is ravenangel of the flatbush ave gamestop store. feel free to go there and get ripped off, disrespected and treated like garbage!!!

• Th
                  thel Aug 05, 2015

this isnt really a gamestop fault. you are able to go to poweruprewards.com and log in to your account. IF the phone number is the newest one when you presented your card and no other number is listed then it should be under the new one.

if it has other numbers then they will use the last number you reserved on. which means it is your error not gamestop. This can happen if you dont check this part of the account can cause lots of issues when ordering.

GameStop — unsealed games at new prices

Several Gamestop stores in Mississippi (Grenada, Batesville, Oxford) are selling unsealed games at new...

Game Stop - Girl Employee Who Answered Phone 12noon 9/8/2014 Ag Store — crappy employee!

I called to check the status of my account.The girl who answered told her long sales pitch diatribe they have...

GameStop — traded in my wrong hard drive

So, I went into gamestop a month ago to trade in my xbox 360 towards an xbox one. I had two hard drives that...

GameStopterrible customer service

I called the GameStop in dolphin mall by the main entrance to ask if I was able to reserve the xbox one. Needless to say I was connected to a person by the name of Jaz****, I asked my question to her and she responded with possibly the worst attitude that I have ever experienced. She told me a flat out NO! and so asked her if I was able to speak with stores manager, she responded with " I am the manager... Sir!! I tried not to give her attitude and hung up. I called another GameStop and asked the same question and they responded politely that I was able to and did so. GameStop should not have any mangers ( a person couldn't possibly be a manager...) like this person, this person was very. I will not shop at this GameStop again nor will any of my friends and family.

• Ry
                    Ryshon Aug 13, 2013

It's was my birthday and I had really wanted a game called modern warfare 3, it worked for 2 days but then it said the disc was unrecognized and then I had token the disc out the tray and it turns out that they gave me a cracked disc and I couldn't take it back because it was too late to return it, so GameStop really should work on that.

Gamestop Online — slow response time and two errors on one order

I'm not one to go out of my way to complain about a company and it's service, so long as the...

GameStop.comonline store

Don't waste your time or money with this store. The online store is a bad joke. My order was cancelled, my gift card zeroed out, and the explanation was, the order did not pass security checks. ? Apparently either using a laptop is just plan unsecure, or using a gift card is unsecure, or using an American Express credit card is unsecure, or some other completely normal thing is unsecure. What clowns.

• St
                      stern20 Jun 03, 2011

I placed an order for the EA sports active 2 for PS3. I added a PC game as a filler so that I could apply a coupon (like $20 off $50). But they cancelled the EA sports active 2 without sending me a notification. Instead they just shipped the PC game. Why do I need to pay and get a filler if without getting the game I really want?

GameStop — faulty equipment

I bought a playstation 3 in october 2012 as a christmas present. This was a brand new console. On christma...

GameStopmuggers and thieves

Here we go again another co. using misleading practices to lure people on black friday; the week before black friday i went to “gamestop” here in tampa, fl to check prices on refurbished ipods, they had 2. one 16 gbts for $270 and a 32 gbts for $290, i waited for black friday to take advantage of 25% off, and to my sorprise, the 16 gbts was $314 and the 32 gbts was $364.They were the same units i saw the week before. The sales guys couldn’t say anything when i told him how low that was, to increase the prices to deceived people.He can only say that they were on sale 25% off. I hope this co. gets what they deserve for using this misleading practices. muggers and thieves.

GameStop.com — screw game stop, take your business elsewhere

I hate game stop. My brother is the manager at one here, and even he hates them. You buy a $60 game, take it...

GameStopnever received preorder

I preordered the call of duty care package. I received a email saying it shipped on release day and would be delivered 4 days later. 4 days passes and it never leaves the warehouse according to the tracking number. I email the customer service and received an automated email saying I have to wait 10 days for them to do anything. 10 days passes and I call them. The lady reassures me that they will trace it and if they don't find it they will send out a new one to replace it in 7 to 10 days. Here's my problem from the get go, I have already missed out on the double xp weekend which was a perk of preordering but oh well I will let that go. I finally broke down and bought the game from wal mart because I was tired of waiting. Anyway, 7 days passes and I check my bank account and there the purchase price refunded in my account but where's the shipping cost? I call them (and keep in mind when you call gamestop customer service you will be on hold for a minimum of 30 mins) And the I ask the lady what is going on with my order and she says "we received the return" I said I didn't want a return I wanted the item I ordered and besides that why was I charged shipping for something I never received? She said she would put in a request for a refund on shipping which I never received. My thoughts are that you are apparently not guaranteed anything when you preorder. Not only did I receive nothing but I was charge $8 to receive nothing. And by the way I found them on amazon for the same price but with free shipping so next time I will definetly buy from them. You would think that when a company makes a mistake or a package is lost shouldn't they do something to try to make the customer happy? I didn't receive an apology or any offer for help in making the situation right. I wasn't even offered for them to ship the item to me. I am guessing since they were limited edition someone withing gamestop wanted it since they are no longer available. I contacted corporate but received no response from them either so I am guess the only other thing is to contact the Better Business Bureau. I will never buy anything from gamestop again. There's 3 less gamers for them. It is just a matter of time for them. They don't pay good for trade ins, the systems they sell are junk, the customer service sucks, store workers are incompetent and their prices are way to high. When I think about it there is nothing good about gamestop and probably all that keeps them going are the malls of america.