GA Department of LaborNot receiving any assistance regarding unemployment benefits

S Nov 30, 2020

I filed for my unemployment back in March, never received and feed back after hundreds of voicemails and emails being left. No one ever returned a call! I finally had an update on my file on july 3rd, approving me for benefits. I received my first payment on july 21st from wk ending on july 11th. I couldn't understand why it took so long to process the payment, but nonetheless it was a payment so I was happy and looked forward to catching up on my bills with the payments to come. That however didn't happen, I received only that one payment and nothing else! Started the voicemail and email game once again with no response whatsoever. I had a flicker of hope when they announced they would be scheduling appointments online. I was online the very 1st day it was launched, and received an appt. And email confirmation of pending appt. Needless to say I was thrilled to finally get some answers as well as my money! However this didn't happen, no one ever called at the appt date & time. I tried back every monday to schedule another appt. With no luck until nov.23, appt and email confirmation (just as last time) and just like last time no one called. I just don't understand what is really going on with the gdol, it's so discouraging to think that it's ppl that are getting paid to do a job that clearly isn't being done! How many other ppl are in the same situation and seemingly no one cares enough to simply do their job, answer the phone, return calls, return emails, do something!