Menu
Georgia Department Of Labor
reviews & complaints

Georgia Department Of Labor
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

242 complaints
3 resolved 239 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Georgia Department Of Labor. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
2:40 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - unemployment of appeals

I have recieved unemployment threw out the year of 2021.as i was having to use it which was maybe altogether a total of four weaks threw out the year. I have been on the same job for five years and had no problem getting unemployment when our plant was shut down due to covid or no work but i mainly only needed it a few times . i never changed jobs or nothing changed but at the last two weaks that i filed unemployment my boss wasnt able to claim my weaks as normal when we had to be layed off for reasons of covid or something dealing with covid . well this time we was layed off because our materials being stuck out in the ocean. But no fault of my own was in not working . but was waiting for materials to come in . well i was denied my unemployment and lost my car becsuse of not having the payment. i filed an appeal and now after 8 months ive heard nothing about the two weaks that i was laid off . what is going on here completly lost as to why id be denied and still after 8 months not heard anything from the appeals

A
8:34 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - Unemployment/PUA

It has been one year now and the GADOL will not release my funds from March 2, 2021 until June 26, 2021. They keep saying I need to verify myself but I have through ID Me.com and I have sent in every documentation they have required of me and they still will not release my funds. I have been homeless because they have kept my funds for over a year now.

Desired outcome: I want my payment that is due .

Georgia Department Of Labor - Unemployment benefits

I have been approved, and have submitted numerous documents as directed; and re emailed info re verifying my identity. Yet no funds have been released, in addition, I call every day and stay on the phone 4-5 hours waiting & praying for someone to answer only to get disconnected EVERY DAY! Then I go to the unemployment office and am being rude to by those neglected, uncaring, miserable employees whom could care less about me and my two children who will be evicted! But they take 5 seconds to inform me that the system is down! But they have employment, I don’t and soon NO HOME. Respectfully Candice Santanna

Desired outcome: Release my funds so I can at least pay my rent, my parents are older they can’t assist me, please!

W
7:35 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - P.U.A. Unemployment Insurance

I was APPROVED for PUA unemployment insurance payments as of June 14 2020. To this day I have not received a penny of that money. I have called over and over and over about my payments and ordered debit card after debit card and nothing is ever on them. I was exempt from the work search criteria bc at the time it had been waived so that isnt the reason nor did i fail to properly fill out all paperwork or I wouldn't have been approved in the first place.

My name is William D. Brooks and my phone number is 706 905 2602

Desired outcome: I want to speak to someone who's going to tell me that I am going to receive the money that i was approved for and that it will be very soon and that the D.O.L.is very sorry for the in convenience.

F
12:06 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - Wrongfully Denied PUA Benefits

I applied for pua in October 2020 was denied in Nov 2020, I filed an appeal in Dec 2020 I did not get a appeal hearing date until February 2022. Missed the hearing, no fault of mine, appeal again Hearing officer denied and closed my case? No I got to appeal again to the BOR all of this after waiting for almost 2 years to get a hearing for a simple mistake that could have been proven if I had been able to get in touch with the GDOL and given the time & opportunity to correct the mistake. I still can’t reach anyone NOW. I sent the proof in anyway and I’m still having to go through all of these appeal. I followed all the guidelines and submitted all the information and documents the GDOL and the Federal PUA program required to be approved.

Desired outcome: I would like for my claim to be reconsidered & approved due to all the documents have been submitted as proof and be paid the benefits the State & Federal PUA program Allowed.

1 comment

Need further assist on this issue,if all the needed document was submitted then what is cause or issue in approving it,in second thought try to get written statement on both side on what happen on hearing February 2022 that made claimer missed the hearing and also Hearing officer need to be clear on why appeal was denied to claimer,it would be a fair judgment if anyone is given a written documentation on this isssue.

V

Georgia Department Of Labor - 2211 BEAVER RUIN RD NORCROSS GA 30092

I walk in the dept of labor on may 11,2022 to print a letter of separation and was advised by security officer to wait in the car, after 20 minutes he arrive to let me know its my turn to go in..So i sat at the computer to sign in but i was not able to sign into google so i ask the lady at the desk to call a worker to help me log in and she ignored me,while many people that need help came and left because they refuse to help.

The workers in just laughing and talking about the weekend and food and not attending to the people that need the their help me she said nguyen and looked away then the security offer advised me to go sign in again and go outside to wait in the car again so i ask him why? he said that's how its done i sign the paper and fill it out and waited 30 minutes then drove to crestwood at woia workforce location in duluth ga.

When i arrived there i sign and ask for help and it was granted, the workers was helpful and professional and not hanging around laughing and gossiping.

At the workforce location i was helped and advised about open house jobs that are available and was so please with the workers there.

5:36 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - ui/pua payment

Well my last complaint on April 24 got me a phone call the following Friday. From a restricted number, so I did not answer. Voicemail said they would call Monday. They did and I actually spoke to a real live human. She said my account had been flagged for fraud. She would make a call and get back with me. The next day I missed the phone call, all three calls from restricted numbers and no voicemail left from the call Tuesday...and I haven't received any more communication since. Cant call them because it is a restricted number. Do not have an email from the lady. I've waited long enough. I will be contacting the Better BBB and turning things over to my lawyer. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have lost everything including my family over this. I should have already sought legal council...

Desired outcome: do your fucking job

A
3:20 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - Ga. Dept of Labor

I was furloughed due to pandemic and received unemployment. I got a job in May of 2021 that lasted 6 weeks and I was laid off again. I applied for unemployment for weeks and never got a response. Finally a person called from the Ga, Dept of Labor and I was told that I was not eligible for unemployment because I didnt have enough working hours. I have worked all my life and until the pandemic I was furloughed and have been out of work. I have not had income since I lost my job in July 2,2021. I was diagnosed with cancer in Nov. of last year so I have tried to apply for SSDI. I feel like I have been abandoned and ignored by the Ga. Dept of Labor.

Desired outcome: I am hoping that they will pay me for the payments that I never received after I was laid off.

J
4:05 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - the village oven llc

i feel that i was retaliated against for not agreeing to share my tips received in the tip jar at the front counter where i took customer orders, with the chef/cook/food prep /other deli employee... the business owner agreed to allow the food prep employee recieved tips to herself from 7:15am to 11am she would keep all tips handed to her and placed in the tip jar, then from the time i got there at 11am to 2pm but sometimes 3pmwhen she would leave, all tips placed in the tip jar were counted by her with out me looking or seeing and she would supposedly split tips evenly pocketing her amount amd leaving mine in the jar however i started paying attention more closely and saw her taking more money than she was leaving me from the tip jar and when i told the business owner he said he does not want to get involved...basically ignoring the fact that she was stealing my tips. then all money in the tip jar from 2 or 3pm (whenever she left) to 4pm which was closing was supposed to be mine alone to keep. HOW IS IT FAIR THAT SHE HAS AN OPEN WINDOW OF 3 HRS AND 45 MINS TO RECIEVE AND KEEP TIPS TO HERSELF BUT I ONLY HAVE 1 OR 2 HOUR WINDOW TO POCKET TIPS? she ends up getting tips from 7:15am to 2 or 3pm and i only get tips from 11am to 4pm because we close at 4pm. in the employee handbook it states there are no tip jars and tips recieved by any person is theirs to keep to themself but then the business owner and other employee force the new hire front counter associate to share the tips from the tip jar that they placed on the counter even though the hand book says there is no tip jar...also he and his wife are on the schedule to work on the days me and the other deli employee are off so who will keep tips those days when its illegal for business owners to keep tips but they are the only 2 people working on certain days with the tip jar on the counter? i was told keep the change means to put it in the tip jar and would be retaliated against if i didnt put it in the jar but thats because the other employee wants to be able to keep a bigger portion of tips than i do

12:47 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - Answering/Returning any communication

It is now almost one and a half years since I started GDOL's UI process. It took 4 months to get any type of response the first time. Even though the website states very clearly 21 business days for a response. I was denied after missing the call from them because my phone decided to get in-between the truck door and floor when it closed. Filed an appeal and was denied. August came and I began receiving frequent emails from GDOL telling me I qualified for PUA, to reapply. With a sour taste in my mouth, I ignored them. I was working, didn't need the money. By October I was getting annoyed with the emails, that had increased in frequency. So I decided , why not try. After all I was owed it after the millions UI programs handed out to anyone and everyone with very little verification or questions. All while I spent the whole pandemic working 6 days a week as "essential", barely paying bills and eating. Fast forward to present day...I still have not received one payment from my PUA claim that was eventually approved after a slow, confusing, unguided process. As I still have not physically spoken to anyone there. They refuse to return calls or emails. Well the commissioners office has responded 3 times but they might as well not have as I am still waiting. Now I will say, I think, and I can't be sure because the process is so confusing, vague, even misleading I would say, my PUA claim is waiting on some type of higher up stamp of approval. Now to my regular UI claim. I lied about the commissioners office email. They did get my claims moving initially. My regular UI claim has been approved, certified, given the green light, once again I think, to pay me my money. I have certified weekly and am probably 2 weeks behind on turning in my job search report. I also run my own business that I actually made official with an LLC during the pandemic. Now it doesn't quite pay the bills every month yet but it's getting there. Had I been receiving my payments it probably would have taken off by now. But I can't afford any advertising, restock of inventory, etc. Because everything I make goes to keeping the lights on. I am disgusted with the GDOL and government as a whole right now.

Desired outcome: I just want what's owed to me. They give billions to people that have never worked and don't plan on ever working and are very capable of a job.

Georgia Department Of Labor - Allied Universal Security

I was employed w/AU for approx. 9mos. During the month of March I was asked to fill a needed position at $16.50ph. I accepted, but was only paid $11.00ph for approx. 17hrs. Another stint I was assured the same pay, but was only paid $13ph for approx. the same amount of time. Another, I was told $22.50ph and I worked approx. 12hrs on MLK day (a holiday) at which I wasn't paid holiday pay. I believe there were two days I worked I wasn't paid for at all. I have a record of the days I worked, the site I was assigned as well as the hours. I also have copies of my pay stubs which indicate hrs worked. I have tried to resolve the discrepancy with at least three supervisors w/in the past couple months, but to no avail. Can you folks help me? Also, I BELIEVE there were two days I worked I wasn't paid at all. Thank you, Thomas E. Segars, Sr.

Desired outcome: Due process.

T
2:30 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - Georgia Department of Labor

I have appealed 3 times with the Department of Labor about the pandemic unemployment benefits that they have denied because, according to the last letter I received, my unemployment was not Covid related and that I hadn't reported the weeks correctly. The last appeal was due by 12/25/2021, which I completed 12/24/2021. The last thing I heard in an email was something about a hearing but I have not received a hearing date as yet. I have documentation that proves my unemployment WAS Covid related, I have sent numerous emails and have called many times and left messages but NO ONE will call me back or answer my emails. I needed assistance with how and when to claim the weeks.

Desired outcome: I want my hearing date and my right to fight these wrong decisions made by the Georgia Department of Labor

R
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was hired 3/12/2022. I started my first day on then 3/14 2022. I made 85.16. Then the second day 3/15/2022 I made 30.76. I was told that I had to complete 5 batches before I could cash out. So when I completed my 5 it was to last to cash out those first two days. They told me I had to wait 7-14 buisness days for my money. So I have. When I tried to have...

K
9:12 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - UI Benefits Department

I lost my job on September 30, 2021 and filed a claim for UI benefits. I was denied because Geogia DOL did not have a record of my income from Feb 1, 2021 to Sept 30, 2021. I filed an appeal via email, and sent pay stubs indicating that I did have income for that time period, and that taxes had been withheld. I received no response.

I tried to file for unemployment again in January of 2022, and again was denied because they had no record of those wages. I appealed again via email, this time, sending a copy of my W-2 form from that job. No response.

I logged onto the Georgia UI website on March 1, 2022, and saw that Georgia DOL was not acknowledging receipt of either of my appeals. There was a statement that the appeal deadlines had passed. (I can prove that those emails were sent.)

The office is closed. No one answers the phone. The mailbox is full.

Desired outcome: Please pay me for all the benefits I should have received since October 1, 2021.

C
7:00 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - Georgia Regular and Federal Unemployment Mutual Benefits Retroactive and Automatic

The crises is the technicalality of the benefits in UI portal and violation of material of fact(s). It is automatic and retroactive, immediate, previous, during, and afterwards benefit. What prevents payments are new and old view notices and different WBA dates. There are different portals. 1 for employers that claim benefits for their employees. 1 for just employees ( unemployed) that claim benefits. I wouldn't doubt it if it was 1 for separate special publicsThe employer portal are functional instant automatic and retroactive as oppose to the employer that have technical difficulties

Desired outcome: Paid

D

Georgia Department Of Labor - Poor poor response

After several attempts to get an answer to my request, every other day and staying on the phone for 2hrs, have been trying to get my payment, but to no avail spoke to a person by the name of robert bissom, he felt the need to express his fustration on me...In a manner that he felt was comfortable for himself, no concern for me whatsoever. Just plain rude... 01/16/2022.

Desired outcome: I would like an apology.

1 comment
C
Feb 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Same here, emails and phone numbers are all ineffective

Even when you speak to someone they change to subject from paid benefits to career. They think it's funny. They actually mock.

8:23 am

Georgia Department Of Labor - Non-response for processing UI Claims with GA Department of Labor

Hi, looking for help with the Georgia Department of Labor (DOL) regarding processing unemployment insurance (UI) claims. I have drafted several emails using the DOL webpage, written to the Help Page, and made dozens of phone calls to the person who I believe manages my account with no response in 4 weeks. To date I have four (4) weeks of work search and applications for UI at present.

Unfortunately, it seems this is not an uncommon issue with DOL regarding the UI process per complaints on the internet. Would like to resolve the issues(s) to get payments resumed for weeks claimed until I get a new job.

Can you please advise any solutions to help with this situation?

Many thanks,

Greg Myers

Desired outcome: Resume UI payments and have a point of contact for even semi-responsive communications.

T
2:57 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied for benefits 7/20 and I was approved. 9/20 I received a letter stating they were disqualifying me due to me quitting my job due to not having child care. All my kids are grown I don’t know where they got their info from. Since then I appealed the decision, it took me a year to get a hearing. These people are sorry as hell and rude! They...

F
4:05 pm

Georgia Department Of Labor - Trying to Apply for Unemployment benefits

My daughter has been trying to apply for unemployment benefits today. You do not speak to a live person. You can only leave a message. Then when you get online it's so many obstacles like verify ID website that doesn't seem to work or capture a picture to verify anybody's ID. This place need to get back to person to person services where a person can visit the office and actually talk to someone right then and not just make an appointment and get hits and misses of the GDOL employee phone calls and you trying to call them back. This is too much...

Desired outcome: Be able to speak to someone immediately to set up an appointment and make the process smoother so someone is able to apply for unemployment benefits

Georgia Department Of Labor - Unemployment Insurance

I filed for unemployment insurance in December 2020 and was told I was approved. Here we are, January 2022 and I have yet to receive a payment. I have talked to two different representatives who assured me my request for assistance is valid. I was told by the first rep that she couldn't see what the hold up was. I have made repeated attempts to contact anyone, and have tried to to make appointments via the website so that I could receive a call back. My latest appointment was not honored I haven't received a call, a letter or an email since October 2021.

Desired outcome: I would like to receive the payments I was promised.

Georgia Department Of Labor contacts