Frigidaire — refrigerator model fghi1864qp broken plastic retaining clips on shelf
We purchased a refrigerator model FGHI1864QP in August 2015 with a sliding shelf/drawer located at the top of the refrigerator area just below the freezer section.
It is mounted to the top of the refrigerator with 2 brackets and a slide bar assembly with plastic clips that retain the shelf and allow it to slide out for access. These two clips are what keeps the shelf in position. When the refrigerator door is open the shelf can be slid out to the open position but if the door contacts the shelf it places a lot of stress on the slide and retainer bracket. This stress has broken the plastic retainer clips. The poor design of the drawer sliding bracket assembly with the plastic retainers is destined to fail if the door applies a side load to the bracket when the drawer is open.
I contacted our local parts supplier for Frigidaire and was told that I have to buy the complete shelf bracket assembly kit (both sides ) part # [protected] and this cost about $150 .00 Cdn. This is ridiculous when all I need is the two PVC clips as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the shelf/drawer. Without these the shelf/drawer cannot be re-installed or used. There is nothing wrong with the shelf itself or the sliding brackets.
I would appreciate it if you would provide for purchase just the two plastic retainer clips for the drawer slides.
127 Avalon Road
More Frigidaire Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire - product is front load washer, model fffw5000oqw
- Electrolux Microwave - terrible customer service 
- Frigidaire - service contract 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - frigidaire dishwasher: 2 years old
- Frigidaire - refrigerator fan quit, spoiled food