Frigidairebroken freezer/refrigerator

S Review updated:

Purchased Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator/Freezer November 21, 2012. Freezer temperature started to fluctuate December, 2012. Contacted Frigidaire, they gave us a list of repair appliance companies to call. The first repair said there was nothing wrong with it, temperature was at 37 degrees, everything in the freezer was melting! He came twice and no repair done. I contacted Frigidaire again and they said they would not replace it. I called a 2nd repair company that seemed to know what they were doing, this was all in January, February and April was the last visit. Repairman was told by the tech support to order and replace 3 parts. He would have to drill a hole in my new refrigerator to replace the parts. The repairman refilled the freon and left to order the parts which would take some time. The replacement of freon held until 3 weeks ago, parts where not replaced and now cannot be found at the repair appliance company. Have had 2 or 3 calls to the 2nd appliance repair company. Cannot seem to get them to set an appointment or call me back. My freezer temperature is 57 degrees and refrigerator is 58 degrees. It is now empty. Frigidaire needs replace or reimburse us for the entire refrigerator and we'll buy a GE or Whirlpool!

• Se
    Sean30004 Apr 18, 2020

Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement ice maker (JBND-28)?

• Ca
    Carollyne Oct 01, 2019

And they are still manufacturing defective fridges. We purchased our Frigidaire Gallery in August 2018, finally got to use the ice maker late December. Of course they need what they problem was, ordered the parts and almost a rebuild of the icemaker. We continued to have problems and technician called out at least 4 times and replaced additional parts. Our fridge was getting too cold and we were informed that we should not have any food placed at the back of the fridge ??? and we were throwing good food away. And of course, a month out of the warranty, they washed their hands of the problem and we are to now go back to the company we purchased this piece of garbage from. Upon Deeper research of Frigidaire I found horrendous problems with their appliances, together with class action lawsuits. I asked the Frigidaire representative why after so many complaints and repairs they didn’t replace with a new fridge, and I quote “because we didn’t deem it non-fixable”, and like with many other dissatisfied Frigidaire gullible customers they washed their hands of the “known” problem just waiting to squeak by the one year warranty. Our Frigidaire is Model FGHD2468TD3, Serial No: 4A83030148 French Door Black Stainless Steel Model.

• Th
    Thomas C. Jul 11, 2017

I purchased 4 major appliances from Frigidaire/Electrolux (all stainless steel) in (approx.) 2011 - fridge, microwave, stove and dishwasher.
    Although we have had (and continue to have) problems with all of these products, the refrigerator has had the most problems and we've had repairmen (when under warranty and after warranty expiration) come to the house 4 times for major repairs to the freezer section including the icemaker and control circuit and defrost circuit. The Model is LGHN2844MFO (Ser # 4A12407646). Our last repair was $500 and have spent over $700 in total trying to get this terrible product to work correctly. Considering we spent over $4, 000 dollars for these 4 appliances and NONE of them work properly, I will make it my mission to steer people clear of anything made by Electrolux or any of their subsidiaries. .. SO SAD!!!

• Su
    susananderson Apr 24, 2016

I too have a Galaxy that is spitting out chunks of chewed up plastic out of the ice maker! And one large chunk of styrofoam. That's messed up, and I can't use the ice maker anymore afraid my kids are going to choke on plastic. Unfortunately bought it at a Sears warehouse with no warranty :-(

• Ro
    Ronnie S Scott Apr 06, 2016

I have a model number FFHB2740PS4 with ice maker JBND-26 purchased 10/13/2014. The ice maker stopped making ice several months ago(would have been inside the year warranty) but we let it sit, mistake. When I finally got around to researching it appeared the tube froze when it dispensed water. I have been fighting with it for months now and when we called about the warranty we were told it was not on file, even though the card was sent in. I would like to know what my options are if any.

• Jd
    J. Dill Feb 14, 2016

The control board on the back of the stove failed and nearly caught fire. Black smoke started pouring from the control board while my wife was baking. I replaced the control board and the stove is working, but am concerned that the problem could be systemic across the model line.

Comments
    Comments

Jan Hogge Dec 29, 2015

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator on Feb. 7, 2015. There is obviously a problem with the main door handle. It has broken twice already. All customer service can do is send a replacement but what happens when the warranty has run out? First time it broke the rep. just kind of giggled when she found out the problem so obviously they are aware there is a problem. This time the rep said all I could do is contact corp. office.

• Ra
    Randy1974 Oct 22, 2015

My dehumidifier has a has a high pitch squeal. I contacted frigidaire they said check the screen filter i only had it three weeks so i checked it any whey clean. I emailed them back and asked for a different one or my money back i heard nothing from them. I'm ready to throw this one out.

• Sm
    SmithAH Oct 09, 2015

Just started having issues with our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator, too. In the middle of the night, the freezer started melting, leaving a giant puddle on the floor. I checked the ice cream and other frozen items and most were softening. In the past, I've noticed minor problems with the door seal, as well as issues keeping frige items like cheese from actually freezing. The refrigerator as a whole seems to lack balance and stability. It is less than a year old.

• Ca
    Carina Brown Gonzales Aug 06, 2015

I have the Frigidaire FGHB2844LF4 Gallery and the ice maker is freezing up. We have to run a hair dryer on it for over an hour to even get the compartment door open. Also, the crispers are freezing everything. I have tried calling Frigidaire and all I'm told is that I need to call in a service repair.

• Tr
    tracigit Mar 25, 2015

Has anyone been SHOCKED by their Frigidaire gallery refrigerator (LGHN2844MF) through the ice maker? My husband was shocked today and then the circuit board was blown and the appliance stopped working.

• Am
    AmitMaryland Mar 01, 2015

Frigidaire refridgerator 2012
    We Bought a Frigidaire refrigerator in 2012, after we moved into our new home. Seriously regret buying this product. Within First six months our Ice Make stopped working. We got that fixed but the ice maker broke down again, twice after that. Call Customer service, keep pushing us to buy extended warranty. So sick of spending money to buy warranties and try to fix the same problem repeateldly. Ice maker and fridge worked well for few months. Now we have a seriously major problem. Our fridge completely stopped working, temperature in the freezer went up to 70 degrees, fridge was 75 degrees. We found this out just when we came back home from our vacation. There was water all over the floor, we had to toss all the groceries that was in the fridge. Paid almost $250 to get that fixed from a technician and now our Ice maker is Busted AGAIN...
    We are so frustrated with this Refridgerator...!! I noticed so many people with the same problem, ...They need to either fix this nonsense
    completely replace my fridge or give me a refund for the repairs and warranties and groceries!!! We cannot afford to keep renewing expensive warranties and paying for repair. This needs to stop, it is ridiculous !!! WE have had enough!!!

• Ne
    Netty Golden Jan 14, 2015

I need help... same frig same problem... what can we do???

• Su
    Suzette lynnelle Dec 17, 2014

I also bought the same fridge. My shelving sucks. The shelf rims/trims are cheap plastic around the glass. It is slowly crumbling. I put 10lb ham on the shelf that the cheese drawer is connected. It broke. I fixed it. 4X until I just had to remove it all together. Now the drawer is just sitting on the shelf under it. The rubber around the doors never sealed well. I to removed the ice maker. JUNK JUNK JUNK!!! I will never purchase another one of their products!!! Lowes was of no help either!!

• Ps
    psteichen Nov 21, 2014

Same problem here. Refrigerator never gets below 41 degrees even though the front panel lies and says 33. Water lines also freezing up now and then. Ridiculous.

• Dr
    Dr. Don Nov 18, 2014

I have had the same problem as everyone above. My dealer even replaced the entire refrigerator at one point; same problem with the new unit. The problem is ice forming on the condenser fan inside the ice make unit. This ice formation causes the fan to stall and ice cubes to melt. I have found a simple work around. Pull out the ice bin. The fan is located in the back wall of the ice maker. Just use a blow dryer to melt the ice and free up the fan. It takes about 10 minutes. Use a flashlight to view the fan blade. Once it starts turning again, you're good to go, for another month or so!

• Mt
    MTK_13 Nov 05, 2014

I agree, sign me up for class action lawsuit!!! I've had the ice maker repaired less than 12 month after purchase and with 9 month after the repairs the ice maker stopped working again. I have a hard time paying $400 for another repair!! The customer service department at the Frigidaire support line was extremely condescending and not helpful at all! I will never buy another Electrolux product again!! The appliance repair industry is alos aware of the problem and they are certainly taking advantage of a bad consumer situation. In my opinion they are part of the problem not part of a solution!

no ice no love Oct 30, 2014

sign me u for class action lawsuit i am better off putting ice trays outside in nh in the winter then relying on frigidare gallery products purchased at lowes. already spent over 300 on evaporator fan ice maker and out of warranty service calls. not even extended warranty offer after year. frigidare you have failed to offer any solution to customer satisfaction. shame on you and any resolve other than a class action is fruitless in my opinion.

• Er
    ericj779 Sep 24, 2014

We are having the same issue as everyone we had around 8 service calls and after less than a week later the ice maker stopped working all together, we kept getting ice around the fan in the back of the ice maker, of course it was out of warranty but the appliance store helped us out and had continued to fix it after the warranty ran out as it first became an issue under warranty, so the store told us to call Frigidaire and after several calls and hours on the phone they offered us 50% off the purchase of a new fridge, this is better than nothing but if there is a class action suit would it be better not to do this?

• Ol
    OldSouthAustinGuy Sep 08, 2014

I have enjoyed nothing beyond anal probing with the Frigidaire LGUB264LF2. I applaud Frigidaire for hiring the most malcontent, irresponsible mechanical engineers who must have failed to understand Carnot's Theorem on heat removal. The fact is that this refrigerator/freezer with its magic banquet door tied to a single condenser so no ice maker works when 11 square inches of surface area fails to defrost itself is truly a generational advancement is superior stupidity. I hope Frigidaire has mental health professionals on staff to inform the designers that they couldn't pour urine out of a shoe with the instructions on the heal.

I will not offer my conversations with Lowe's 1-800 We Don't Support The Customer through this process. I will not entertain you with the hours of lost work time watching Appliance Express crap for brains change every integrated circuit process board and gasket on this stainless steel worthless dog turd of a home appliance out trying to save Lowe's and Frigidaire money on this useless appliance. Nor will I explain how the manager of the store on Stassney Lane in Austin, Texas sold me a freezer at 40% off so I could save the venison meat harvested by neighbor earlier that hunting season and feeling so bad for yet she couldn't put her big girl pants on and say that I was screwed.

I will conclude that my life goal is to make embolden every where I walk on this planet with a clear and loud announcement that Frigidaire is nothing more than a sell-out to NAFTA, to American workers, and the sweat from my testicles at least includes in its promise statement that it will replace electrolytes. Go screw your self Frigidaire.

Andi1954 Aug 04, 2014

We purchased the our Gallery fridge August of 2011 from a dealer. The first year we had it, all was fine. Since then we have had the same problems with the ice maker as well. The freezer temp fluctuates 20º F during the summer months. Back in March of this year I contacted Frigidaire directly when we discovered that there were 2 holes in the top of the fridge, just above the appliance lights. I can put my thumb in them. When I called, they told me they had never heard of such a thing happening and I shouldn't worry. Really...I waited 20 years to buy a new fridge and it wasn't exactly a bargain basement purchase...I cannot believe the lack of customer service!

• Vh
    Vhanson Jul 01, 2014

I'm having the same problem everyone mentioning.
    Ice maker .. Dripping issue . Now my freezer continue to get hot!
    Anyone have any luck contacting Fridgidaire directly ? Or getting a replacement fridge?

• Gh
    Ghound80 May 17, 2014

Amazing all of the same problems people are having with this ice maker on frigidaire. We purchased a whole line of products from them for a house we built and immediately started having issues with the ice maker. Specifically grinding noises and the real problem of the grinding was plastic pieces of the ice maker were being ground and spitting out along with the ice. Had no idea I was eating bits of plastic until the ice maker quit and a repair call was made. Long story short as many have reported here. The retail seller of the fridge made several repair calls under warranty and then would not honor anything past that even after showing him the plastic pieces that were being ground and falling into the ice. Typical of businesses these days not standing behind the product and the maker- frigidaire knowing about a faulty product and doing nothing about it. I don't think eating plastic is healthy!!!

• Kp
    Kpep Apr 23, 2014

I have the same fridge with the exact same icemaker problem. This is all over the web. Can we start a class action suit? Obviously a faulty product.

D. Barnwell Nov 11, 2013

I purchased a Frigidaire gallery refrigerator Model number LGUB2642LF2 April of 2011, and I had the first repairman out 8/2011 because the ice maker was not making ice. No water was running through the line. We continued to have this problem off and on through July 2012, had service people out 2 more times. Now the ice maker is leaking water out the front of our refrigerator and into our refrigerator. The ice is not freezing properly and the ice maker is now making a horrible noise. I had a repairman out today. Now just waiting on Lowes to decide whether they want to continue to keep me as a customer. I will never purchase another Frigidaire product again.

• Ha
    Hartgirl5 Oct 28, 2013

We purchased the Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator in April 2011 and the icemaker has given us continous problems, Frigidaire says there is nothing they can do now that the warranty has expired. I keep getting it `fixed" and spending more money for a poor product. Unfortunately, we purchased all the other matching appliances, wont hold our breath. Learned a lesson, never to buy Frigidaire again.

ChrisPELE Sep 12, 2013

Good Morning SFairman,

On behalf of Frigidaire, please accept my humble apologies. We strive to achieve the highest in consumer satisfaction. We certainly would like to investigate this matter further to determine if there is any additional assistance we can provide to you regarding your range appliance.

I ask you to please email me your full name, date of purchase, model#/serial#, and complete contact information and preferences to chris.polk(at)electrolux.com

We look forward to assisting our Frigidaire customers to the best of our ability.

Thank you in advance for voicing your concerns.

Chris Polk
    Online Outreach Representative

• 1b
    1bk Sep 05, 2013

I will never use Booking.com. My double occupancy reservation turned into a single when I arrived in Mexico. Cause great troubles!

• Pt
    Ptbrad555 Jul 15, 2013

This refrigerator is a nightmare. I have had mine since 11/10 and have had 6 calls for the ice maker. Not to mention issue ith the light melting theophylline of the fridge. Definitely JUNK

• Rc
    rcrookshank May 15, 2013

I purchased a Gallery/LGUB2642LF2 at Lowe's on 01/19/13. The ice maker stopped making ice and we were unable to pullout the ice container. The repair person had to make a hole on the outside to pull it out. He then reordered the parts he had to destroy to pullout the ice container out. The problem was the ice container that works with this ice maker is no longer being manufactured! I did receive a new ice container for the new and improved ice maker but it does not fit into my model. And it is my problem because I did not keep the old parts to be reused to fix a defect that in all probability will break again?! any suggestions?

• Ho
    hoover900 May 08, 2013

First of all why did you buy Frigidaire that is made in the USA? If you had bought a Samsung would not be having problems.

• Be
    benny.hill May 08, 2013

My issues are the same as mentioned above.
    First problem was a bowed freezer door causing condensation to build up between the top of the freezer door and the bottom of the fridge doors. Quick fix adjustment under warranty
    Second was a gap in the gasket in the channel running up the back of the fridge which caused too much cool near the water reservoir causing it to freeze up - warranty (barely)
    Third - grinding noise in ice maker - now the melting ice / dripping issue
    Nothing but trouble!
    Going to contact the rep above and see if I have a recourse. (not holding my breath)
    - CAM

dbntnr Apr 26, 2013

CORRECTION: I have a Frigidaire gallery refrigerator (LGHN2844MF) purchased in July of 2011 with the same ice maker problem. Fortunately I did buy an extended warranty (which I definitely need). I bought three Frigidaire Gallery appliances and am just sick about it. Unless they stand behind their product and fix this problem, I also will never buy Frigidaire or Electrolux again.

dbntnr Apr 26, 2013

I have a Frigidaire gallery refrigerator (LGHN2844MF) purchased in July with the same ice maker problem. Fortunately I did buy an extended warranty (which I definitely need). I bought three Frigidaire Gallery appliances and am just sick about it. Unless they stand behind their product and fix this problem, I also will never buy Frigidaire or Electrolux again.

• Fr
    fran l Apr 12, 2013

I have the same POS. I purchased it 2/1/11. Ice maker not working making terrible grinding noises. Temperatures not maintained in both the refrigerator and freezer section along with the ceiling liner melting near the lights in the rear of the refrigeratior.

• Ba
    badfridge Mar 12, 2013

Same problem here, same refrigerator, purchased 1/7/11 and have had 13 service calls. We get the same answers everyone else here does - out of warranty, sell us an extended warranty, yada yada. Anyone ever get anywhere contacting Chris Polk at Electrolux. Anyone know status of a class action and how to join?

John Berenyi Jan 22, 2013

I have similar complaints with my ice maker as well. After 6 months the ice maker stopped producing ice and I had to purchase and install a new water inlet valve for about $70. Things worked great for about another few months and just this weekend water was dripping out of the water dispenser. I opened the fridge door and water was everywhere inside and the ice maker's ice was a solid block. I shut the water off and turned the ice maker function off but there is still tons of frozen ice inside the ice maker cavity. I like the fridge but the ice maker absolutely sucks eggs. Fridgidaire should be ashamed of themselves. I'm planning on removing the whole ice maker assembly, make more room and buy a stand alone ice maker. Back to the dark ages I guess because I can't afford another $2500 fridge at my expense!

• Ds
    D Schertz Jan 14, 2013

My water tank has been freezing since we bought it. They are coming out again, probably the 8 or 9th time in a year to "fix" it. It's never been right since day one. I have also noticed some water dripping down back wall below ice maker. Never reported that though, I'm afraid if they look at it that it may get worse. Total dissatisfaction with this refrigerator. We also have the matching gallery stove. All the rubber feet on the cast grates fell out & we were told by repair man that they are not covered under warranty. Junk!

• In
    indymike Jan 13, 2013

I am in the same boat. I bought the refrigerator it worked fine until the warranty ran out. Now the ice maker doesn't work the control panel isn't working properly and the filter alarm keeps beeping. I will never buy another frigidaire. I thought it was a good refrigerator. They had a good reputation. You would think it would be good practice to stand behind your product.

• Dp
    dp24 Jan 03, 2013

Same problems with the ice maker issues...also door seals are terrible...Last fridge was a Frigidaire and it performed well...1 service call in 9 years of service...this fridge is on pace for a service call every year...never buying a Frigidaire again.