Flight Network, Qatar Airwaysrefund amount not received, wrongfully charged cancellation fee

T Aug 14, 2019 Review updated:

Hello, my name is Tornike Dzagnidze. I am an American Citizen currently residing in my country of birth, republic of Georgia. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com, and my phone number is +[protected]. I have a problem to get the refund for the air ticket that I cancelled for legitimate reasons while in addition having purchased flight cancellation protection. I would appreciate if you can help me resolve the issue.

On June 23, 2019 I booked a Qatar Airlines flight from Tbilisi (Republic of Georgia) to New York through Flight Network. Ticket dates were - departure on August 7th and return on September 16th. The company website was offering round trip ticket for 857.23 USD and flight cancellation protection for approximately 1.5 USD. I booked the flight (booking reference number is 8071099) with the protection but my credit card was charged 857.23 USD for ticket and 41.04USD for flight cancellation protection (instead of 1.5 USD as it was provided on Flight Network website). I called flight network right away and requested to remove flight cancellation protection due to the difference in price. Costumer care representative tried to convince me to keep the protection for 25 USD and promised to refund the difference between 41.04 and 25. According to the representative this protection would allow me to cancel the flight ticket for ANY reason and get a FULL refund. I agreed with this terms - I kept the protection for 25 USD and the difference (41 - 25=16 USD) was refunded to my credit card.

On August 1st I found out that my host in the US has passed away. I immediately called Flight Network with intention to cancel my booking due to the death of the host. The representative told me that in case of cancelling the booking I would be charged 150USD cancellation fee from Flight Network. I didn't want to pay 150USD for cancelling the flight since I had already purchased the flight cancellation protection, but the representative gave me no option but to agree to his terms and he cancelled the booking. At the end of the conversation he confirmed that I would be refunded full amount of the ticket - 857.23 USD. Later on I found out that my credit card was charged 150USD cancellation fee and an additional 16.75USD for unknown reasons.

Right after the cancellation I received a confirmation email from Flight Network stating that my credit card was charged 150 USD and the refund amount would be $660.55 (instead of $857.23). I immediately called Flight Network, spoke to another representative and asked to make necessary corrections, but he suggested me to email the customer service about the situation and someone would contact me. I emailed the customer service the same day.

During next few days I called Flight Network again and spoke to a different representative - Ms. Shaheen Khan (she may be reached at 1-800-671-5032, ext. 2254). I told her that according to Flight Network cancellation and refund policy, death of the host is one of reasons for receiving the full refund under cancellation protection. Ms. Khan promised me to listen to the recordings of my previous conversations with Flight Network representatives and promised that IF DURING these CONVERSATIONS I WAS PROOMISED FULL REFUND, Flight Network would issue a complete refund to me.

After that I spoke to Ms. Khan couple of times but she kept saying that customer care department needs some time to review my case and she would get back to me with the results. Last time I called her on August 13th, 2019 but she was not available and I left a voice message on her phone.

Meanwhile, Qatar airways posted a refund to my credit card in the amount of 502.23 USD.

Considering the facts and circumstances, I believe I additionally should be refunded 335 USD from Qatar airways for the ticket price (857.23-502.23=335); I also should be refunded for cancellation fee of 150USD from Flight Network, since I purchased flight cancellation protection; and also should be refunded 16.83USD from Flight Network that was charged from my card along with the cancellation fee of 150USD.

For any additional information I can reached at an email and phone that I indicated above. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Tornike Dzagnidze

• Updated by tornike10 · Aug 15, 2019

On June 23, 2019 I booked a Qatar Airlines flight through Flight Network. Ticket dates were - departure on August 7th and return on September 16th. The company website was offering round trip ticket for 857.23 USD and flight cancellation protection for approximately 1.5 USD. I booked the flight (booking reference number is 8071099) with the protection but my credit card was charged 857.23 USD for ticket and 41.04USD for flight cancellation protection (instead of 1.5 USD as it was provided on Flight Network website). I called Flight Network right away and requested to remove flight cancellation protection due to the difference in price. Costumer care representative tried to convince me to keep the protection for 25 USD and promised to refund the difference between 41.04 and 25. According to the representative this protection would allow me to cancel the flight ticket for ANY reason and get a FULL refund. I agreed with this terms - I kept the protection for 25 USD and the difference (41 - 25=16 USD) was refunded to my credit card.

During next few days I called Flight Network again and spoke to a different representative - Ms. Shaheen Khan (she may be reached at [protected], ext. 2254). I told her that according to Flight Network cancellation and refund policy, death of the host is one of reasons for receiving the full refund under cancellation protection. Ms. Khan promised me to listen to the recordings of my previous conversations with Flight Network representatives and promised that IF DURING these CONVERSATIONS I WAS PROOMISED FULL REFUND, Flight Network would issue a complete refund to me.

•   Sep 27, 2019

Mr Tornike Dzagnidze

It is unlikely that such your complaint can be satisfied.
    If you wish some one to investigate the case, you need to submit the details, such as, in minimum:
    - description of the events in timely manner,
    - to attach the eticket, issuedd by Flight Network
    - to attach the contract regarding insuarance of Flight Network
    - your explantions, why the Flight Network is guity in the lack of the services related to your exact payment,
    - what do you need in the result (your exact claims).

Also you can claim the refund due to unauthorised transaction fom your bank.
    All claims shall be presented to the bank not later than in 6 months.