Menu
Home Vacation Clubs Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA Cancellation
Y
Author of the complaint
1:59 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have been trying to cancel our membership with Flexi Club since October 2009. We have not used this product since 2007 and had to pay the annual membership fees every year, which is close to R5, 000. We were told by the consultant who sold this to us that after the loan is pay off for the timeshare it is ours and we can sell or transfer it to someone els or do anything we want with it thereafter. Then we started making some sums, we had to pay R5, 000 for annual membership fees and you still have to pay a fee when you booked a holiday. The points you get have stayed the same since we bought the timeshare but the annual fees goes up every year as well as the points for the places. We have asked them to cancel the timeshare and that we do not want it anymore, they then send out a consultant to come and see us to show us how to use our points "proberly" or we can pay additional points or we can upgrade. We said that we are not interested in this anymore and do not want it. The consultant then told us he will forward the paperwork to sell the timeshare. We never received anything from him, we kept on phoning him and he told us that he will forward the paperwork. Then we received an account for the membership fees for [protected], we told them that we are selling it and do not want the timeshare. Finally we were handed over to Transunion for non-payment and told them the whole story, just to find out from them that Flexi Club has a No Cancellation Clause in their contracts, but if we pay the outstanding amount we can then cancel with them. We have never received a contract from them, and have asked for a copy of the contract we signed and we are still waiting.

Helpful? 0 0

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - Wont cancel my membership
11 comments
G
Sep 28, 2017 1:59 am

Hi you can now cancel your flexi club
I was called to be informed that i can reduce my instalment if i take out a 5 year renewal contract
this is another trap
cancellation is fron January till june

Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

We have been members of CRI since 1996. We moved to Australia in 2000. We have had problem ever since. I would pay my levy on time via telegraphic transfer. Six months later they would still be searching for the payment I would be getting threatening letters from their Debt collectors. Telling me that my South African Credit rating would be effected. I live in Australia. This has been going on every years. Two years ago we were told we needed to become Flexi Club members. We did so under the assurance that we could use our current amount of point on holidays in Australia. It turns out we can not. We are constantly been given contradictory information. In November I paid my levy with my credit card online. I noticed I did not get the discount I was entitled to. I informed them and they said they would apply the discount in the process I believe they cancelled my payment. Then they started hounding me for payment. That was the last straw. I told them that I have had enough of their incompetence, lies etc. They can reposes my points as I do not want them anymore. I received a phone call today telling me that they are going to hand it over to their lawyers.

M
Jan 10, 2012 1:59 am

Mr & Mrs Oberholzer SA Vanderbijlpark
Unfortunately me and my Husband got court in this Spider web as well
They are so bleddy smooth to sell promises promises and what ever
But they can debit when and what they want off your acc and if you phone and ask to cancel they have the cheek to ask if I did reed my contract what he hell if they red it defiantly not after about 8-10 mishaps from their side still you cannot get rid off this junk I which I never bought this and will make sure no one I know do this we joint only in April 2011 and if I red all this before I would have newer got in such a mess. Some one must stop these people I even never have used anything yet but still NO WE ARE STUCk. I meen really there must be something that can be done for this to becanceld what about the new consumer law .I tried to cansel this after 3 monts as my saly was decreased and dit not get increase so i could not affort this i have 3 little kids and now i always have to say sorry no money but why will they care.

J
Nov 08, 2011 1:59 am

We are also trying to get out of this situation, we even upgrade at +- R8000 at one stage but service was still poor they say our points is worth well over R100, 000 but the levi is to high at nearly R10, 000 yearly we cannot get by anymore even giving it back as is, is not acceptable for 2+ years we try negotiations with out success, we stopped the debit order and wait for them to take us to court, is their anyone else already in court cases involved we will keep u posted. [email protected]
Stephan & Tina Strydom

0 0

Write to VOASA - the more complaints they get the more they will be forced to take this seriously - Write to the papers - approach TV and radio - They need exposure to the public at large - Talk to anybody and every body you can - word of mouth gathers momentum.
I am overseas and have written to VOASA - so far only receiving tacit sympathy but, I am sure, if enough people contact them it may eventually have a result. As for myself - having put my case to them in a registered letter (which offered them their shares back for nothing + a Profit of +- R12, 000- from the proceeds of my Timeshare which was sold and remaining unused funds), without response, I have ignored them and will continue to do so.

J
Mar 07, 2011 1:59 am

Is there any way that these people can be stopped. There is no way you can cancel, once you have joined. They threaten you with their lawyers. they not worried where you get money to pay them, but pay you must. What happens if you REALLY dont have the finances. It seems that when you signed up to join this club, you also signed your death warrent! That is the only way out.

E
Feb 25, 2011 1:59 am

My mom has the same problem. I cannot understand why, if you have paid your fees that you cannot cancel the membership and just hand them the points especially if you cannot afford it anymore. And then they also added points on to my mom's contract without consulting her. There must be someone out there that can help. Where o where?

Feb 16, 2011 1:59 am

I have the same problem...Its a scam and Flexiclub are a bunch of thieves.I would be more than willing to appear in any broadcast or action taken in exposing them.

[email protected]

L
Jan 06, 2011 1:59 am

Have you had legal advice on this matter. I too have tried to get out of the contract which we have had for 15 years and been told I cannot cancel. If you wish to contact me my cell number is [protected].
Lorraine Engelbrecht

Aug 28, 2010 1:59 am

You can forget it. I've been trying to get out for years, and just get nowhere. Sure, you'll sweetly be told that you can sell your points, and you'll be referred to a company (which quite honestly I think is part of them). When pressed, they will confess that reselling is difficult - even giving away is difficult. Think about, they're more interested in selling new points, not second hand.
You'll also be told that you can write a letter requesting cancellation, which will be reviewed by the Board. Again, when you persist and ask what the chances are of success, you'll hear (between the lines) that they are very slim. You realise it's not worth the effort.
In my opinion, this is a legal scam. The've got us by the necks, so they don't have to worry about providing service or stock availibilty. Something needs to be done, and the only way it can be achieved is by the Members mobilising, somehow, and take them on.

N
Aug 23, 2010 1:59 am

please tell me you found resolution to this issue. Have you managed to cancel your membership with Flexi club yet or is it still ongoing.
I have recently joined Flexi Club and my first installment has not gone off yet but i have been trying to get hold of someone, ANYONE to help me. But now that i have seen these comments i seriously want to cancel but dont want to go through all of this drama. If you can, please connect with me on [email protected] I am seriously thinking of televising these clowns.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

72 complaints