Menu
Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA
reviews & complaints

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

72 complaints
26 resolved 46 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
7:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day I have been with Flexi-club Access for 4 years now. I receive 3 vouchers when joining and the vouchers we can only use once a year. For the 2 years I struggle to get a full 7 day holiday of which I did not get. As my husband and myself is only taking leave in February/ March we would love to take our break in these period. I tried to make a booking...

3:05 am

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - false presentation / defrauded/ scammed

We signed up in 2016, we got the wonderful sales pitch which made us so excited too be part of this Club and it will be cost effective however we should have checked the bad reviews of the Club. We had paid cash for the joining fee and the wonderful accounts department didn't allocate the payment. There was an amount which was debited over 10 months for what? And then we are charged a Levy and for Annual Subscriptions each year which goes off religiously. Which is a total waste of money. Because we are not getting our monies worth. When we joined SILVERSANDS was part of the Club and the reason why we joined is that we were tired of buying other people's accommodation and being charged a fortune. Now since we have this membership whenever we require for a desired resort there is no accommodation. And now Silver Sands is not part of the Club which is very sad. Every time we call or email for Accommodation for our required period there's nothing ever available.
I have requested on numerous occasions for accommodation for Mauritius, Thailand or the Cruise and they now say that it is only on a cash basis no points or holiday savings are used as it is an added benefit. With the current economy where do people even have extra money too pay in additional costs?

We have paid an amount of R7749 in cash when we signed up in 2016 .
A debit order of R2613.30 X 10 MONTHS = R26 136.00
And an amount of R16 601.80 in Levies paid
Total paid is R50 486.80 and 21558 POINTS WITH A VALUE OF +- R150 000?

They have come back saying:
They can give me 7 day voucher for 6 people :4 adults and 2 children under the age of 12 years and they will cancel the membership and do not have to pay the 2020 levies? Surely then above calculations does not equal to R150 000.

I went back to them saying I am not accepting their voucher, this was their response:
They have agreed that as per the Consumer Protection Act, The Club can refund you minus the 45 % administrative charge . Please note that the refund will only be based on the number of points purchased an not on usage points given to you by the Club .
Surely this is not fair?

1 comment
E
Apr 07, 2022 7:01 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I requested cancelation in 2020, I was told it would be final with no due payments.

I was called this year, told I owe over R20 000.00...but if I accept their offer this amount owed would be canceled. I don't know what to do

B
10:38 am

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - flexi club

Flexi club it is a scam their consultant mispresent their marketing what the explain to you is different from on the contact, m the victim and I am blacklisted because of Flexi club with their false information. Trying to cancel the membership i don't win, they are so rude taking you from pillar to post, they don't even give you a notice that they are taking you to ITC. How can one be helpedited on this scame people.

1 comment
E
Apr 07, 2022 7:02 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please share if you get assistance...I am in the same boat

C
4:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Marketing practices Collins alleges that Flexi Club, CLG, Lamont and Ridl engage in practices and tactics designed to deceive and mislead consumers, "to blur the distinction between genuine timeshare and non-genuine timeshare interests, referred to as points". He says that consumers are not provided with accurate information that explains the difference...

L
5:38 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying for years to cancell especially during the periods of unimployment. They say you can cancel in Febuary once all moneys (outstanding levies are paid up)... if you have not signed cancelation papers/original contract agreement then you will keep paying from what i can see reading these posts. I have paid money to people to market my...

S
3:43 pm

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - contract upgrade

I have updated my contract with Flexi Club over a 60 month period. I am currently paying R822.31 per month that is deducted via debit order. This is going of like clock work Flexi Club agents however had entered the incorrect information indicating that I have to pay R2760 over a 10 month period. This information is now showing negative on all credit bureaus and has a negative score for me. I am not behind with any payments to Flexi Club however your company is quick to take money but slow or never helping to correct the mistake. It is always the customer who has to sort the problem out with the credit bureas

D
1:14 pm

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - timeshare / club membership

Good day,
I am Mr Dudley Manuel. I was advised by Shavon Parsons In December 2015 on what a "great thing it is to be apart of FlexiClub/Club Leisure". What a direct lie! We received a membership book and vouchers in January 2016. We are from Cape Town and our membership book states that it was done and signed at Durban on 18/01/2016. Membership number 852573

As Shavon advised, In January 2016 we first attempted to use one of our vouchers. Like she said " If you then decide you are not interested, you are more than welcome to cancel". We attempted numerous times to book using our vouchers as well as our points. Unfortunately, the customer service is just as disgusting as the company as a whole.

I then Changed jobs and along with that his bank details . We DID NOT update FlexiClub as we were still awaiting numerous call backs as promised.

As time went on, I still attempted to call with no resolution. However, my wife in January 2019 sent an email to them explaining everything that happened. A guy by the name "Divesh" responded an gave me a call. I explained that I needed to have this cancelled and removed from my name as this is now negatively affecting my credit rating. I AGAIN was promised a call back. My wife emailed him AGAIN with no response.

so here I am, PLEADING..Please help!

I need to get this over and done with. Please

W
8:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Flexi Club over charged by R21 692.00 for a weekend chalet. In 2016 I took over 5579 points from my mother's estate. I had to pay the estate the so called market value of R11.40 Flexi Club ascribe to the points, not knowing you cannot get R1 a point in the open market for them. (Fraudulent claims of value by Flexi Club.) Then I was told that it gives me...

Y
2:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to cancel my contract or migrate it to the fixed term contract for the past 2 years. everytime i get told someone will send me the paperwork or call me but they never do. then we got called by someone who said they would take our points from us if we paid the legal fees for the transfer. we went to meet them and they were attorney...

11:43 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I emailed Flexi club on the 22nd December 2016 complaining to them that I have not received any communication from them for the whole year.They responded to me by saying my membership with them have been cancelled.I responded to them on the 25 December 2016 complaining to them that how could they cancel my membership whereas there was no communication...

6:34 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This complaint was submitted to Club Leisure 3 months ago, to HelloPeter and posted on Facebook with numerous follow up mails to Flexiclub with NO feedback to date. Please see complaint and I've subsequently requested them to take their points back at NO CHARGE as do not want to give it to anyone for free but I just receive statements to pay the next year'...

View 0 more photos
1:57 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day Re: reservation reference number 1917220 - membership number 110285 Refers: I, mrs r. aheer, spouse of d. r. aheer (guest) is very disappointed with your service. we have never failed to pay our subscriptions on time. I phoned in september to book a holiday. I was given dates 9th january 2015 to 16th january 2015 at chaka’s rock. I requested...

K
6:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am under debt review and we are struggling for more than a year to cancel this membership. They phone me every day and told me that I am handed over to their attorney, can anybody help me to cancel this membership. I pay there fees for more tan 8 years and levies and now they inform me that it van never be cancel.

4:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

2011 I went to rand easter show where I was told about the holiday plan. The guy told me that I could sing a contract which will cost me around r4700.00 for a hear and I will qualify for a seven days holiday with about eight people in that year. I sighned the contract ut I was supprised when the document came they binded me for fiv e years. I refused to pay...

11:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought into this in January 2013, never used any points they have given me. I realized that they have lot of hidden costs, wants to cancel because i cant afford, but they still wouldnt let me. Is there a law that allows them to treat consuners like that. What i want is for them to leave me alone, even if it means not refunding my money back, i want nothing to do with them anymore. Please help

A
4:22 am

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - contract declined - no refund yet..

I phoned in on 04 march 2013 to make a booking and i got feedback that my contract was declined . Since 5 DEC 2012 till now no one phone us to let us know that it was declined. When i asked them what about all the money we paid them on the 5 DEC 2012 they said they will get back to me. I am trying now for 2 weeks to get a answer about my money and still no one can help me. This is not acceptable i am taking this to SA Carte Blanch if no one can help me before 19 march 2013.

My contract no is 218019
Please someone help .
Angie 0712293316

4 comments
Mar 07, 2013 6:04 am

I want to cancel my flexi club contract, but they just don't want me to. I have been paying only the intrest and nothing els. They don't want to cancel my contract, and I can't afford it anymore. Can you help me please. Contact Marilize [protected]

S
Jun 14, 2012 8:23 am

Anyone having trouble with Flexi Club expecially with them not supplying holiday accomodation weeks when requested. Please contact me with a view to a possible class action court case against them.
[protected]
[email protected]

Apr 11, 2014 6:48 am

Hi can you please help me... have you found help we are about to lose everything we've worked for cause of these people. please help ([email protected])

Apr 11, 2014 6:45 am

Hi am Ncamisile Mabuza and my mum is in a worse situation right now cause of these people... have you found help yet? please let me know or ill just take your numbers from your post.

B
3:07 am

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - contract cancellation declined

I have been trying to cancel my membership with this Club for over 2 years now. I get to be told about conditions on which they can cancel my membership which are just impossible to meet. I do not think it is fair that any company is allowed to force consumers into buying a product even if they are no longer interested. Checking on the internet I got to realise that there have been people trying to cancel their contrats from 2006. If you dont pay, you get listed on the Credit Bureau whcih everyone wants to avoid. How can a company be allowed to operate like that? This is unfair consumer practice. I started paying R500 in 2007 and now I pay almost R1500. My priorities have changed, I need to cancel my membership, let alone the pathetic service I get from the Club. Please goiogle complaints about this Club and stop it. Even with a house bond, tehre are options to cancel the contract how much more for a holiday club? Please help. Membership number 110765

2 comments
Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am

I regret joining Flexiclub, they wont cancel my membership even when i have not even used the points they gave me. They said i have 5 days to cancel, can this be real? 5 days to cancel the product of R50 000.00

Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

This just happened to me this year, i wish i could have digged deaper before. Have you got help yet

V
3:17 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern. I had a contract at flexi club which I realy did not want, I was actualy being forced in this thing. But my stupidness I signed up and I know that I cant afford this. I was retrenched almost 4yrs ago, and I paid flexi club r11000, in january 2009 and I told them that I dont want to go any further and they must cancelled it. Up till...

7:36 pm

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - can't cancel contract

Am a member of flexiclub since 1999; wanted out in 2008 & failed since then. Was paid up member but now in arrears of r40000 + judgement against me! Have offered to give them back their shares for free & pay them whatever I owe... Terrible that an unemployed man is treated this way. Ruining my chances by blacklisting me is the last straw for me in this game.

5:00 am

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA - Cancellation

i was called to come and collect my free prize...i asked them do i need to sign up for anything they assured me no.i got there a lady named joy told me and my wife we just have to sit in a seminar with her real quick.she told us about the holiday access and we never have to pay any money cause we will receive points.she told us if we wanted to cancel we could do so within 5 days.on the 2nd day of signing the contract we contacted her.she told us she would get back to us regarding the papers and the address and number we can email or phone.she never got back to us.she ignored all my calls and sms and now im sitting with debt that i dont need and i was surely in my right of cancelling period.this woman lied to us and ignored us after the 1st call.they calling me all the time wanting there moneys but no one can do anything about this woman who conned me.i have emailed all the addresses and no one replies the only time i hear from them is when they want there money.everybody is just ignoring the fact that i tried to cancel within 5 days.

Flexi Holiday Club / Flexi Club SA contacts