MUFG Union Bank company logo
MUFG Union Bank
reviews & complaints
MUFG Union Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

11 complaints
1 resolved 10 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

MUFG Union Bank reviews & complaints

MUFG Union Bank complaints 11

C

MUFG Union Bank - check held twice

9/16/19 I deposited a check #283 $1000.00 on 9/17 i called to find out how long the hold would be. I was told it would be available the next day 9/18

I seen the funds available from 9/18 through Sunday morning 9/22
But by Monday 9/23 i was in the negative by $757
By 10 am i called 800 number to be told i had to many transactions
Then that the issuer cancelled the check
So i called a branch spoke to Yolanda who told something isnt right and would call. Me back
Hours later Yolanda called me to tell me the funds were on hold do to insufficient funds .

I called the check issuer asked for proof from her bank and submitted to Yolanda and hours later i think by now its 3pm and still no answers but finally replied to my email submitting proof the check was paid.
She assured me she'd call me back but did not so now its been over a week and I'm overdrawn ive never in my life had a bank put a hold give me a date funds will be available i get the funds for 4, days then decided to put another hold on already released funds.

The stress the massive inconvenience and your managers have no answers and leave you hanging all day and night.
Thats so unprofessional i don't feel comfortable banking with UBOC even after 20 years i never felt so helpless

Over a week and you still have MY money
Im closing my accounts

MUFG Union Bank - business account

I go to a branch to open a business account and I am told after mentioning what my business does the account will be closed. I was like what? I write to corporate then get a call from an area manager to go to another branch to open the account. I was apologized to. At the other branch I was apologized to and this is your money. We would have no need to freeze an account. So I opened an account. 3 wires came in with 1 on the way. I got a cashier check to take to another account to wire an amount for a utility company in another country. Then I went in as I knew another wire was coming in and wanted another cashier check on my money of course, but was refused. I was huh? My account was frozen so the manager of the branch lied. They wanted an invoice. Well some of my business is invoiced in ways would not reflect entire wires, but Union Bank wouldn't know anything about individual business procedures only their own. I wrote to corporate and oh my the office of the president called but didn't do anything. The money was held a long time and one of my clients was scared by the bank. Finally after my finance manager said I was to take Union Bank to court I got a check. Hmmmm that good old court system will put a fire in their pants. I finally got the money from the wire in another account but really what is going on in banking in the USA. Good thing I had other money available to me or I could have been financially hurt. Again the good old principle of the matter should be allowed in court. Procedures might change a bit in all banking institutions. I felt like I was being strong armed and I was in trouble for doing nothing wrong. This Big Sister is Watching Union Bank and other bank policies. I am not afraid to speak or file complaints. Actually I love helping people so if one person can be spared the ignorance Union Bank used on me I feel an accomplishment.

MUFG Union Bank - card services

Epitome of incompetency and abysmal follow-up. Only one card was ever sent out for a joint account (usually that means more than one person on the account!). I requested the other card in the other name. Five months passed without one ever being mailed. I went into a Union Bank branch (in Big Bear, Ca) and requested this card. Union Bank mailed a duplicate card with the same name as the one and only we had [censored]. I then went into the home branch in Carlsbad and requested this a second time in the correct name. Five weeks passed, no card mailed. I went in again, complained and requested this once again, in the correct name to a representative and the branch manager, Kenny Reykes. I was told one would be Fedex'ed the next day, or Friday. Friday and Saturday came and went without delivery. Six months to try to get the second account holder card without any help or follow-up after numerous requests, and one incorrect card mailed. Abysmal. This bank also is not accredited or participate in ConsumerAffairs accreditation - read the abysmal reviews there.

J
Mar 10, 2017

MUFG Union Bank - Getting over charged overdraft fees for no reason last 30 days $400.

This is the 2nd time I've found that your company changes my report around to fit your sneaky ways of stealing my money.your charging me $3300 fees when there's money there.like I said I've seen money stolen for a long time so now I check weekly and found that for 40 days you stolen around $400 in wrongfully charges. You change dates. Change the order things are paid.Plus you charge for no reason and then it snowballs and just gets larger amount.last two weeks I've had both pay checks cut to half the amount from your mess ups.I'm really thinking of getting rid of direct deposit.That goes for the company I work for that also has an account with you.This is the second time in 12 months this happened that I noticed. I'm scared to check every week I've banked its probably thousands.
i hope you fix this promptly.
Jason J Coopersmith.Pacific Grove Branch.

MUFG Union Bank - Worst bank

Union Bank is AWFUL. Would give 0 Stars if possible. They recently started re-ordering your debits and make largest ones hit first (didn't other banks get in trouble for this years ago). This is just a FYI as I don't make charges that won't clear but I do not feel that manipulation on your transactions is on the up and up.

Union Bank has just recently started holding direct deposits in pending status for 2 days after they have received direct deposit. My direct deposits have been done for over 2 years and this "holding" has only consistantly started occurring within the last 3 months.

Worst Teller customer experience: When I tried to make a $80.00 cash withdrawal to keep $40.00 and put $40.00 into another account that I am not on. Simple right? $80.00 out of my account. Keep $40 cash and hand deposit slip and $40 for another account deposit on an account I am not on. (Not possible for me to do a transfer to the other account because I am not on the other account). The teller rudely help up my $80 withdrawal slip in front of my face and ripped it up. Told me I didn't do it correctly and made me fill out 2 withdrawal slips from my account each for $40. NEVER in 4 years have I been told I filled out my withdrawal slip incorrectly when doing this very same transaction. To make me fill out 2 withdrawal slips like this was beyond reasonable for a simple transaction.

DAY I DECIDED ENOUGH! Had a Union Bank Rep do a pending debit "release" directly with the merchant on the telephone who was trying to credit my account back for a charge that had not gone through yet (in pending status) and UNION BANK put the "released" charge through the account anyway and debited the account and paid the merchant. Now Union Bank is claiming that it is the merchant's fault and they committed fraud. HUH? recap: Union Bank Rep does a release on the pending debit directly with the merchant on the phone and Union Bank pays the mrechant and it's the merchant's fault!

They are now telling me that for me to have the money they paid the merchant, I have to file a claim against the merchant for the fraudulent charge which can take anywhere from 10-90 days. Have they lost their friggin minds? The merchant didn't commit fraud. The merchant was crediting the account back and Union Bank PAID them after they "released" the charge.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK! They "play" with your money at your loss and expense and blame everyone else.

R
Mar 02, 2012

Sir,
On 28th feb i go to union bank atm i have rs 10000. I can't recieved amt. But atm machine debited my account. I go to bank they ask me
Give aplication. I give them aplication two times but they can't credit my account my account is in link road cheema chowk ludhiana

A
Jan 07, 2008

The above given company is not paying any tax, as i was there i told them for the bill but thay refuse to give me bill, there business is on high but still that company is not paying any tax, the company is based in delhi lajpathnagar ist, d - 178 is the adress,

at TIRED OF STUPID

Other people who this might effect may want to know before they consider opening an account with Union Bank!

Are you staying away? I hope. Vote with your $$ why are you taking [email protected]?

B
Mar 11, 2012

MUFG Union Bank - I have banked with this bank for a little over 2 years and have paid a lot of fees in overdrafts

I have banked with this bank for a little over 2 years and have paid a lot of fees in overdrafts. Some of which I did get but others I don't get. In the last 2 days they have charged me $170.00 in overdraft fees when I check my balace before I go to bed and its always positive and when I call for an explanation they tell me "It's not a bank error or we have given you $160.00 already back in overdraft fees and can't do anything for you." Something has got to be done about this because if you were to add up all the "not our error" overdrafts I bet its close 20 $1500.00 dollars.

G
Sep 05, 2011

MUFG Union Bank - I hope nobody ever goes through what I went through with them

I was fired by the company after 85 days of employment. The reason for termination was "lack of meeting performance standards." I have worked for banks since 2005 and never have experienced what I did with the company. I was given sales goals for the Quarter 3 of 2010 on July 1, fired July 20, that was an unfair gauge of my quarterly sales numbers since we weren't even in to 1/3 of the quarter and I had no sales goals up until July. I was not told a single time that my sales needed to pick up, how I was doing, etc. The first I heard of problems with my numbers was when I was fired. The management provided no support during my time there, a lot is expected of you but you are not given the tools needed to excel. the company employs managers who are driven by sales but during the interview process they sell you on "service." They claim that they care about employees and due to being owned by a larger Japanese company Mitsubishi UFG, they are conservative and sales aren't everything. The board of directors for the bank have come from Wachovia, Wells Fargo and Bank of America who are all heavy on sales. It is a huge time typical bank, posing as a small neighborhood bank. I hope nobody ever goes through what I went through with them, banking with them and working for them was terrible and I need everyone to know this.

MUFG Union Bank - Ruthless employer

I was fired by this company after 85 days of employment. The reason for termination was "lack of meeting performance standards." I have worked for banks since 2005 and never have experienced what I did with this company. I was given sales goals for the Quarter 3 of 2010 on July 1, fired July 20, that was an unfair gauge of my quarterly sales numbers since we weren't even in to 1/3 of the quarter and I had no sales goals up until July. I was not told a single time that my sales needed to pick up, how I was doing, etc. The first I heard of problems with my numbers was when I was fired. The management provided no support during my time there, a lot is expected of you but you are not given the tools needed to excel. This company employs managers who are driven by sales but during the interview process they sell you on "service." They claim that they care about employees and due to being owned by a larger Japanese company Mitsubishi UFG, they are conservative and sales aren't everything. The board of directors for the bank have come from Wachovia, Wells Fargo and Bank of America who are all heavy on sales. It is a big time typical bank, posing as a small neighborhood bank. I hope nobody ever goes through what I went through with them, banking with them and working for them was terrible and I need everyone to know this.

S

100 percent agree. terrible bank

B

MUFG Union Bank - Disregard for rules, callous ineffective reps, poor ability to solve problem

Incident = Traveling in Thailand I lost bank card. Had it cancelled. did not have bank account number handy. Was treated like a third world citizen. Told "Well that's your fault you lost your card...

MUFG Union Bank - Poor customer service

I had to talk with 5 Union Bank Rep's before my problem was solved. The 3 women I talked with helped or tried to help...the 2 men were smug, unreasonable...and one actually said "I'm not going to help you"!

Union Bank should re-evaluate some of these male rep's that just transfer you to get rid of you...and these smug little jerks that refuse to help you at all!

MUFG Union Bank - Overdraft fees

Union Bank of California charges 35 dollars for every instance of overdraft. We have paid hundreds of dollars on our account over the last few years. If we are over drawn 7 dollars they charge 35...