First Premier Bank — terrible company!
I have been a customer with First Premier Bank for over three years. I have 2 credit cards (Centennial and Platinum) issued by them. During the years I have been a customer, I have always stayed under my credit limit and paid my bills before the due date; usually more than the minimum due. All this time I never requested and was never offered a credit limit increase (my current limits are $200 and $300.) I have been repairing my damaged, but not horrible, credit over the last year or so and have 2 other credit cards (Rewards660 and Aspire) with $1000 credit limits. I also have an HSBC and Total card with $300 limits, but they are newer.
My issue is that I am planning to pay off and close my low limit accounts in hopes of further improving my credit. Since the First Premier cards are relatively long standing, good accounts I didn't want to close them. I, for the first time, requested a credit limit increase and was denied; they say because of my credit history. But, they also say that they don't access one's credit report for limit increase requests.
This does not ring logical with me considering the fact that all my other cards are under the limits and are always paid on time also. During the next billing cycle, First Premier charged their excessive annual fees, and that, coupled with their other fees/interest put me a couple dollars over limit for the first time. Obviously, they were quick to add the overlimit fees as well. I didn't fight this because I take responsibility for my own balance and have since paid my accounts back under the limits.
I don't know if anybody is given increases from this predatory company, but I believe that I was denied just so they could charge me the overlimit fees. I plan to pay off these worthless cards and close the accounts. Please do not support this card issuer. Get an Aspire or Orchard card instead.
More First Premier Bank Complaints & Reviews
- First Premier Bank - unrecognized charge from this company in my checking acct
- FPB cr card internet - charged me $100 for the last 3-4 mo
- First Premier Bank - fraudulent billing, scamming
- First Premier Bank - Visa Credit Card - withdraw money from account and did not post it to the account!
- FPB cr card internet - We had a $50.00 charge on our statement that neither my husband or I authorized
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - statements not received
- First Premier Bank - late charges
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - credit card
- First Premiere Bank - Overcharged
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - first premier credit card