First Data Merchant ServicesI hope no one uses this company

Cardservice/First Data put our company on the 'match' list for nothing we had control over. A customer decided to 'dispute' charges on his credit card (because he didn't have the cash and wanted more time to pay) and we get socked with the chargeback. I provided all the invoices/shipping tickets to Anthony to prove he got the material delivered. Anthony NEVER told me what else I needed to do to clear this whole matter up. Instead, they cancelled our account and put us on the 'match' list because of excessive chargebacks. So, the decision by a customer puts our entire business in jeopardy. How is that fair?

We pay a monthly fee for service from this company and they did NOTHING to help us through this situation. They took $25, 000 out of our account 'by accident' they said, but of course not a big deal to them. It took them 2 business days to put it back in and they lied the entire time.

I cannot believe this company is allowed to continue to do business. The number of complaints about them online is amazing. They were recently purchased by Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts and Co. and that is when all of the complaints began.

I hope no one uses this company because they lie from the get-go.

• Sh
    Shawna Williams-McDonald Oct 04, 2018

I have an account with this company currently and trying to cancel it is taking an act of congress. To get through to someone is impossible. I have called 5 times and emails to resolve one issue and 4 months later nothing. My last contact with them a lady there hung up on me.

• Ho
    Honestybestpolicy Jul 26, 2017

Anybody currently with this company I will help immediately.. I'm so sorry you ran into this nightmare and I know the feeling you are feeling.. I will get you a free placed terminal at no charge PCI compliant EMV card reader and I will not charge you an application fee, pre program fee or shipping cost.. I will honestly take care of you. I have had enough of hearing what they do to people every day. How can a human do this to other humans it's sickening. Email me immediately I'm a national accounts manager for a large, honest, CC processor and work for the corporate office.. I can make these decisions and just mention this company I will immediately show you sympathy.. I know trust me I have to hear about them ALL day long I'm so sick of it.. [email protected] I'll take great care of you and your business.

• El
    ELENI314 Aug 24, 2016

FIRST DATA SOMEHOW OBTAINED OUR BANKING INFORMATION AND PROCESSED A MONTHLY FEE OF 59 FOR 11 MONTHS WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION.

THE STATEMENTS WENT TO A BUSINESS NAME ADDRESS, THEY HAD THE ACCOUNT AS A DIFFERENT NAME, WITH MY SPOUSES NAME AS CONTACT.

WE NEVER USED THEIR SERVICES. I AM COMPLAINING TO THE BANKING COMMISSIONER! RIP OFF...

• Mi
    Milna Mar 20, 2016

I leased a credit card machine in January 2016. I only kept it for 1 1/2 months. In that time I had three red flags. On two occasions, money was deducted out of my account incorrectly. On my lease paperwork, they signed me up for a 48 month lease when I had only agreed to 36 months.
    I returned machine and have to pay to get out of the lease.

Milna Rosario
    Mental Health Solutions
    [protected]

• Re
    Reviewer13691 Feb 22, 2016

Double billing for lease equipment, inconsistent, delayed or missed batching and funding, withdrawal from wrong account, funding to unknown account, deceptive and misleading explanations concerning over charging and bogus fee quotes.
    LOCK AND LOAD!

• Pa
    Patriot 01 Feb 09, 2016

I noticed these complaints are old but take it from me, their criminal practices are not!!! They're still at it and no one has shut them down. And the same employees must still work there. I was affiliated with them through Prestige Payment Servies which are as bad as they are. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE LIES THEY WILL TELL YOU OVER THE PHONE WHEN THEY CALL SOLICITING BUSINESS FROM YOUR COMPANY. I paid from 16 to 32 percent of my total intake through their services.

• Hu
    Hungry owner Jul 30, 2015

They are the worse company ever .Securus merchant said it was their machine and that I needed to use it to get lower fees found out it was a lease with first data canceled and sent back the machine send me in to collections that I owe $6000.00. try to tell them that sales rep scammed me and lied they don't care they have ruined but credit.

• Pc
    PCsquared Jul 08, 2015

They have the trickiest program going right down to returning your terminal when you are forced to update, which I thought should be covered in the $100 plus maintenance they charge me every year. First time I returned a terminal because of high rates and hidden costs and switched to PNC they continued to take payment from my bank account for 7 months till I got the bank to stop payments. Get this the bank (PNC not much better than FD) said they would only refund the last quarter. This time, four years later, I get notice from PNC MS that I have to update my terminal through, WAIT FOR IT, FIRST DATA. So I watched my statements closely and sure enough after the second month on the new terminal there was a withdraw for the old one they had received back from me 55 days earlier. I think this must be some kind of scam they are running to rake in a couple extra million a year. I know this, after this contract is up there are many CC processors way better than FD and I will choose one of them. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from First Data. Be careful using your local bank also because they probably use FD to process, make sure you ask. That is how I ended up back with them after I left the first time they screwed me over.

• Sm
    sms1208 Dec 28, 2014

Salesperson came and with a 2 page contract which we signed. He told us that we would receive a link too the rest of the contract for electronic signature. When we accessed the link the actual contract was 160 page of very fine print. We read it thoroughly (at least we thought) and signed it. They equipment they sent us for swiping card did not work on our tablets or smart phones, even though we showed the salesman what we had. He said out equipment would be fine. We were forced to use the PC terminal to submit transactions which is the most expensive type. We started see large fees being taken out every month and for every transaction. After a year ob bleeding money to 1st data we decided to cancel. We sent them a certified letter stating we wanted to cancel. We received a call from them stating there would be a $500 termination fee. and they gave us they section of the contract that specified this. It was a very small very obscure part of the contract, about 120 pages in. We sent them another letter showing them that the same section of the contract that specified the termination fee only called for a 1 year term. They never closed our account and continued to charge us fees every month. Now they are threatening to report the non payment to our credit bureaus. Let them. I closed my bank account with the bank I used for business. I actually closed all my accounts with that bank because they referred me to 1st data and then would not assist in resolution.

My advice. Close you account bank account associate with 1st data (otherwise they will take fund directly out) If you were referred to 1st data by a bank, close all your accounts with that bank and let them know it is because of 1st data. File complaints with the FTC and your state regulators. Although this often does no good (because neither is really interested in protecting the small business person) but if enough complaints get filed maybe something will happen. And last, I plan on contact my local news stations consumer reporter to see if they would be interested in doing a story on this. Maybe enough bad press will help.

• On
    Online Pet Product Shop Oct 27, 2014

I am also a victim. First Data Merchant is bunch of thieves !!! I wish someone out there can help put them out of business.

EDWARD1971 Jun 05, 2014

Second week of June 2014 I will be filing class actions against first data here in Toronto Canada . Any one in Canada having problems with first data please email to [email protected]

EDWARD1971 Jun 05, 2014

Any one in Canada having problems with first data? Please email am at [email protected] I will be filing class action law suit second week of June on behalf of 2 company's In Toronto Canada.

• Gi
    GiveOut Jun 05, 2014

Totally agree this company is criminal.

EDWARD1971 May 08, 2014

I JUST HAD PROBLEM WITH THEM . CRAZY ATTITUDE AND NO ONE CARES. ANYBODY WANT TO DO CLASSACTION LAWSUIT?

• Ha
    hairsaloninPA Mar 12, 2014

We signed a 24 month contract for a credit card machine. It was clearly changed after signing to a 48 month lease. We have spent the last year attempting to resolve the matter, only to be run in circles. We were charged long after we stopped using the machine and proved we had our contract altered by the sales rep. They company still refused to pay back the money charged when the machine wasn't even being used and while they refused to take it back. We have called them over 20 times.

rich Lutz Jan 15, 2014

I call and no one answer. Anyone there? What is up with this company? I believe they don't know how to run their business.

rich Lutz Jan 15, 2014

I call them and no one answer the phone. Anyone there? This people don"t know how to run their business.

• Im
    Imun Happy Oct 03, 2013

I've have nothing but trouble with this company. Vary poor customer service. Takes over a week to get your money in your account. Poor business to work with, Especially with Sanderine Rosemond and they change terms of agreement to their favor at any time.

• Da
    Dawn Chambers Aug 08, 2013

I have had horrible luck with credit card processors for my business. They are all liars. I learned from the first company about the four year lease deal and made absolutely sure that I was not involved in that again with this company. The sales agent assured me and even put it in writing that I would get 250.00 back which was the cancellation fee. I kept saying that I wanted to only deal with one company not three and that I only wanted one person taking money out of my account. I even had them put it in writing on the contract that I would be refunded upfront the money. No where did they say that I was to be tied into an u-breakable lease. When I called back to cancel it, guess what. They were fraudulent, liars, miss-leading etc. . I was told that my total bill would be 57. which was the "processing fee" not "terminal lease" plus around 12 dollars per month.. They never said anything about being pci compliant. That shoe is still to drop. I called to cancel in less than a week and was put through to a very determined lady to make me look stupid for not "understanding the contract". I told her that I understood perfectly that they mislead me
    what do I do now. I read the complaints and found out that the state of Florida won a lawsuit against them. !

• Ta
    Tanatan May 22, 2013

I agree from all above bad experience dealing with first data.. I am going thru something right now.. Looking for an attorney who can take care this rip off company..

• Pu
    punky_beanster Sep 04, 2012

Wow. After reading all of this, I am really dreading my future interactons with this company. They have already charged me over $150 in hidden fees and I've only been with them for 2 months. I called today to have it canceled so it looks like I'm going to have to pay an early termination fee as well. I cannot believe people get away with this. I don't know how they sleep at night.

• Pu
    purplecat1010 Jan 29, 2012

Thank you for your information. Wish I had looked before signing on with them last week. Before the first transaction I was charged $50 for ???They are taking out over 2% on each transaction. What a book keeping nightmare! I am trying to cancel service. Please help.

• De
    Denver Business Owner Dec 07, 2011

First Data is by far the most unethical company I have ever dealt with. I am a small business owner striving to survive on a month by month basis. First Data has held my funds hostage, noting a security issue, for over one week. I have called daily and am given if a different story if not hung up on because they claim my phone has poor reception. I have not paid hundreds of dollars in late fees to other peoples, employees and institutions as I counted on a fair and ethical company to preform appropriately.

This is a classic bait and switch tactic used by First Data against small business owners. They collect your funds with the promise to deliver them to your bank account within days and end up holding them for weeks, plus days while they collect the interest on the amounts. I understand they are not regulated by the government, which allows them free reign and to act with fraudulent behavior.

The most ironic part of this issue is that they actually charged me interest, fees, and commission on the same portion of monies they hold hostage. To this day, I have yet to see a penny of the monies owed, yet my bank statements show they charged me for the monies, which cleared over one week ago.

I am prepared to gather as many victims as I can, relating to First Data, and seek court action. Unfortunately I only have a few employees information to submit. I have spoken with Brenda, a supervisor from Hagerstown, Maryland, Stephen, a “security analyst” from a place unknown, and Stacey from the office of the president for First Data.

In closing, I am so angered by their actions that I seek thousands of dollars in loss, not to include emotional distress caused by the inability to pay rent this month, which ultimately has caused potential legal action against me. It is tearing my marriage apart and has caused disgrace to my well formed company. I try so hard to do the right thing and First Data has taken advantage of me and who knows how many others. Their legal department trumps me and they know it. Until someone slaps them with fines, fees, or legal orders this will continue to happen to others. If anyone has experienced the same, please feel free to contact me directly.

• Ricardo Ralston Jr Dec 07, 2011

After I called and ask for inquiries about the ISO program, I felt the representative was disappointed as she mistaken my service for someone else and responded a bit cocky after my questionnaire . she said the name of my service was "miss leading", and its a simple name really, its Ralston Savings, miss leading really ?

• Co
    ConsumerTT Dec 07, 2011

First Data is absolutely the worst company of any kind I have had to deal with. Their customer service is horrible. The representatives are incompetent and rude. They don't help you with charge backs despite you having all the evidence to prove your case. They make errors in billing you and then it became a nightmare to fix. They even sent us to collections for $ we owe, them, which is impossible since our bank account is linked to their billing system so they have automatic withdrawal rights to our account. We spoke to a representative after getting the collections invoice, she said our account was at a zero balance and it was a mistake and they would fix it. 4 months later, the collections agency calls us again to collect on the same invoice, we then call back the same representative using the extension she gave us hoping she would be familiar to our account. Instead she tells us she never spoke to us, despite the fact that we have her name and extension, and that she can't help us because the account is in collections. She was rude and then kept me on hold on purpose.

Not to mention, their monthly reports are difficult to follow and understand.

First Data is horrible!!! Do whatever you can to use another company!!!

cherylandpete Nov 24, 2011

Wish us luck. Husband was able to communicate with sales rep, and they agreed to take back the equipment, and cancel our lease. They are 'allowing us to opt out of the lease, with return of equipment, and full payment of the remainder of the lease.' So far so good, but reviewing the comments have us shaking in our proverbial boots. we're going to send a cashier's check, and close the bank account attached to the lease. Sending equipment back insured, with signature confirmation required. same with payment. fingers crossed. thank you all for sharing your stories. what a scam they're running.

• Ca
    CaShawn Nov 14, 2011

Linda Holmes the Account Executive sign me with (FDMS) and i was told that my payments will be 9.95 a mouth and that she will business to my business as part of the services with FDMS.but on the 11/7/11 they 320.00 from me.So call to find out whats going on, I call Linda T find out whats going.she told me that she will get me money.some time went by. So i the office and i talk to John and went down hill from there they hung up the phone on about 6 time thin they said and email that they will refund me my money.on the 11/8/11 they give me the run around and John talk to and a not so good way 11/9/11 was the same and 11/10/11 John just told that he never said that he will refund my moeny.So can News 14 look into (First Data Merchant Services). So I am hoping that maybe you can help me in retrieving my refund back and showing other viewers if they come in contact with these people that they do not use them because it will happen to them as well. I have even looked up on the internet and have found several others that have had the same problem and have lawsuits against them.

• Wm
    WMT Sep 29, 2011

Horrible Company. Stole my money and won't return calls!! I have filed complaints with the FTC on them today for their theft. If you talk to your attorney - ask them about a class action suit against first data. I have lots of written proof to help us!!

• Al
    allen121 May 06, 2011

first data is a company of thief... they all are thief... its a rgstrd thief cmpny.. dont go with tm.. they hold my money even my first payments.. i hv prvd them every thing even cstmrs phone numbers ID prf ad all.. even though.. they are saying we feel rsky.. lol...
    so i am sgstng you all.. plz dont have a account with them.. they wi open you account in one day and dont need any dox and all... but after tht they gona take yor all money.. form bank account as well..

they have hold my monet and took money from my bak account as well...

• De
    Deerfield Beach FL Apr 11, 2011

I think First Data may be in collusion with credit card companies to defraud their own clietns. I had a chargeback that I disputed with an amount of eveidence that would choke a horse. I even had a notarized affidavit from US Postal Inspectors. What ever you submit, it does not matter. They refund the client and say "case closed". They are either lazy or crimnally negligent.

I hope no one ever makes the mistake to use this company, it will save you pain and aggravation like you have never had before.

I hope some of us can band together and start a class action suit against them. They can't be allowed to continue doing this.

• Si
    Sick-of-First-Data Mar 21, 2011

First Data is the pits. They are the perfect example of why the entire Credit Card and Banking industry needs to be very heavily regulated. IO hate these thieves too. They are little more than thugs who manipulate the chargebacks to add another revenue stream. I have found that several times they never even sent our rebuttal to the bank submitting the chargeback. They have ripped us off for more money then we have lost to credit card thieves. And the whole PCI ripoff is exactly that. A freaking rip off. These thieves will charge a fee for every business who's on a server that cannot pass the scan, even if they don't process credit cards on their website. That means that First Data criminals are charging many businesses for the same server not scanning. If a website stores or even receives credit cards, then PCI has a value. Otherwise, it is only 1 more thieving trick of the credit card industry to gouge more money then they are already ripping off every business for. Credit card processing fees are up over 4% or even 5%. That is effectively 60% for a year. Bandits that should be arrested and jailed for loan-sharking.

• Da
    David Cole Feb 17, 2011

You are all victims of a very corrupt business. I am with Heartland, we are the most transparent and merchant informative company in the industry. Research us, then contact me...you will never have another processing scam or headache again as long as you are in business!!! Many of you have called me and we have talked about what Transparency in this industry is worth...I will not play games with you or your business, you have nothing to lose by calling me. I'll even try to help you resolve your bad situation with First Data if at all possible. David Cole [protected]

Ripped off 123 Jan 05, 2011

TOTAL CROOKS. They will lose your paperwork when you close your account and charge you for months, they will charge you a $20 monthly fee if you fail to take a security exam that I have never seen or heard of, they will charge you a security fee after you join, when the whole point of a credit card company is to be secure. Ever go in a bank and they ask you for money to buy a safe with?

Maybe if our government spent more time policing crooks and less time locking up high-schoolers with pot the entire banking system would not be infused with crooked organizations like this one.

• Jj
    jjones8928 Dec 11, 2010

I called them and requested account cancellation. They didn't have my approval to open it in the first place. They said: "Ok". Next day i see $433.00 missing on my checking with a "Merchant Account Cancellation Fee" description. I closed my checking today and file fraudulent transactions case with my bank.
    Do not sign up with them they all lairs!!!
    Person named Ami from highriskpay.com is the biggest @@@shole and damn lair.

• Za
    zavindur Dec 11, 2010

sorry to hear that jjones8928, yea, i was so close to signing up with them, it's got to be illegal what they're doing. If they have your information, that's really scary :/

• Jj
    jjones8928 Dec 10, 2010

I filled out an plication for merchant account with highriskpay.com. My account was approved 3 days after i applied ((While i was waiting for their response i found a better Merchant Service Provider)) So as they told me that i was approved i told them that i do not want their account. 4 month later i found out that signed me up anyway and been charging my checking account all this time. Turns out that their application is an agreement as well. Anyone had the same problem with them?

• Am

Treasury Support +[protected] Option 2
    Transit Support +[protected] Option 2

• 2k
    2KL Nov 16, 2010

We took over a restaurant 2 yrs ago. The previous owners had First Data, we called them toput the account in our name. We gave them over the phone our name and bank account # so they could start processing and depositing our transactions. We've never been happy with them .4 mos ago we decided to stop accepting ccards. When we called to cancel we were informed we had a 3 yr contract ! News to us..they said we signed. We said send us proof. They sent us their proof/contract..but we never signed, we never even saw it before.We asked our bank what to do. They said not much . So we closed our checking account. Now we get a letter from them demanding 543.95.
    I feel we never had a contract, one was never mentioned. If the previous owner did and we unassumingly assumed it, then if we were with them 2 years I'm sure the previos owner made up the difference of a three yr contract. KL

• Rs
    RSurface Nov 11, 2010

First Data just charged me $59.53 for one transaction for the month - even though I'd cancelled my services! They are expensive and I would recommend that no one use them.

• Je
    Jennifer121 Nov 04, 2010

Post Reviews Here For The Company Locally !!!