Fifth Third Bankpredatory overdraft fees (class action info)

S Review updated:

I have to date had over $500 stolen from me by this institution for less than $75 in overdrafts. The most recent case nobody was able to explain to me what item caused the oerdr4aft but the fees nonetheless kept accumulating. The person working at 53 could only reverse one overdraft fee which was $111.00 . Nobody at the bank understood what was causing the overdrafts but they said they were not allwoed to reverse them. To steal money of these amounts from a student who just got laid off in this economy is disgusting. I don't know how these peolp-e sleep at night. I have 2 lawyers interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Fifth Third bank for predatory overdraft fees and unethical business practices. Please send your story along with any proof that you have to [protected]@GMX.com so I can get the info. to the lawyers ASAP as it seems that may be the only way to recover the money that was stolen from us.

sam890940 Oct 03, 2020

If you having any issue related to Quickbooks account balance incorrect some factors causing changeability between your bank balance and quickbooks report, missing debits and credits and a wrong opening balance and improper transactions input visit here.

a smyth Jan 11, 2019

Is there any current pending litigation against fifth third bank for excessive overdraft fees and/or illegally rearranging debits in order to charge additional overdraft fees? I can't take this anymore. Nearly $80 stolen from me by them this week. And this time I have proof of them rearranging debits.

Marisha White Oct 27, 2018

Same exact thing here. Have had several instances in which 53rd has left ATM transactions pending & other transactions pending for extended periods of time even though my pay is dorect deposited and would have covered majority of it. I acknowledge the fact that one particular ATM withdrawal would've caused it to overdraw (although direct deposit comes through at 5am & would've covered the ATM withdrawal taken at 11:43pm approx 6 hrs b4 withdrawal) but instead they give me overdrafts for 4 transactions that took place DAYS before this withdrawal even though there was PLENTY of cash to cover these debits at the time of the transactions. Fifth Third is a bunch of crooks that enjoy taking people's hard earned cash. So VERY very unfair!! I've been hit with 5 different overdraft charges in 48 hours!!!

• Ta
    Tami DeLeeuw Oct 01, 2018

When they bought out Old Kent is when we learned do not ever trust them, They stole over $12, 000.00 from my hubby and I, during that time destroyed us. but for class action law suits it is like they get a love tap. We will never go back to that bank, They do not care who they destroy.

• De
    Desiree Mechelle Aug 24, 2018

Hi there everyone. Back around 2010/2011 (possibly a bit earlier) I was a mother of a special needs child who was going through intensive therapies 3-4 times a week. I was unable to work steady hours, and income was limited. I was also facing a divorce. I was banking with 5/3rd bank, and noticed that the order in which my bills/debits in my checking account were being deducted were causing me more and more overdraft fees. They would put something like my car payment through first (even though it technically wasn't paid until after the other "smaller" charges which they then dinged me $36 per item for). So, I then had 6-7 charges for small little items, because they put the bigger payment through first, so they knew the smaller items would each overdraft me giving them $36 each item. Many of these items were small amounts like $5.00 or $10.00. I think one was even as little as $2.00. Today, I received a phone call (8 + years later!!) that they are taking me to court for $3000 in overdraft fees!!! I am livid! This company has screwed over so many people, and now here I am, having to hire an attorney to get help in this situation. Not to mention its 8+ years later and nothing until now?!? Absolutely ridiculous!

a smyth Jan 11, 2019

@Desiree Mechelle I just had this happen. Again. I thought after the last class action lawsuit it would end, but no. Last week my credit card payment cleared, among other things. Also last week, a company accidentally debited two payments from me instead of one. So I called my car finance company and told them my payment this week would be returned and that I would make my payment from another account. When I called too see if I could have the overdraft charge reversed, I found that they had taken my credit card payment (which fully posted last week) and moved it to "posted" after the car payment bounced, resulting in two fees. So I called YESTERDAY and they removed the fees- but today I looked and now my account shows that they processed a "retry" debit from my credit card ALSO YESTERDAY and charged me fees again, showing that both the retry and the new fees both posted yesterday. Even though these items weren't pending yesterday or anything. Is that too hard to follow? I suppose anyone who has had this problem knows what I'm saying...

• Ke
    Ken Norris Dec 03, 2017

My situation is different, I live on ssa money that I just started having direct deposit at 53 bank. I have always had access to the money the day before the 3rd. Or if on Sunday I would get it Fri. This bank holds the direct deposits until the following business day. I count on this money being there on time. I have no option except to open another account at a credit union. The 53 bank are using my money and drawing interest on it for four days. Leaving me with zero money to have to buy food and gas. And pay bills.
    I heard they where sued before for holding peoples money too long. Can you help me sue them and win a settlement that might teach them a good lesson ?
    at least reading this letter. Vernon K Norris Disa
    Thank you for bled Army Vet. from Vietnam.

Phone number is [protected]. I will have a new address after Dec. 5th.

• Pl
    Platinum Daze Project 2016 Jun 06, 2017

Carter M. Stewart, U.S. Attorney of the Southern District of Ohio, issued a statement on Fifth Third Bank’s discriminatory practices. I have been fighting with 53 bank for stealing thousands of dollars out off my account making new accounts with out my consent transferring money out of my checking and saving and credit card account to random accounts that I never set up. I have brought it to several banks attention I have call 52 times this month trying to resolve my concern with this bank has failed I have all documents of all (12) accounts and transactions records the record of calls completed. I need a US attorney general to contact my me by email ASAP . 5/3 bank closed my checking account and savings and reported inaccurate information to credit bureaus frequently and not in good faith could not and will not provide accurate statements. I need the 250k per account FDIC all policies broken. This is a solid case. Contact [email protected] Thanks.

john Mar 26, 2011

" Damn people" (lol)
    Damn Stealth!
    My name is John Wright AND I AM FIGHTING BACK!
    John Wright
    piggybankblog.com

• Ni
    nick th qwick Mar 24, 2011

i too suffered from opening an account with 53rd... had my account 2 months overdrafted on a .94 cent black and mild and it cost me $269.00 to pay it off due to all of their fees and the fact i hadnt noticed an overdraft till like 9 days later because it was my secondary (savings) account. after i paid it i wanted to close my account and they charged me another fee around 30$ because i hadnt had my account open for one year. hell in one year they couldve taken thousands at that rate. f*ck you fifth third bank i hope that this lawsuit brings your company down!

• St
    Stormsplay Mar 24, 2011

I have the same thing with COMMUNITY WEST CREDIT UNION and also had the 5/3 as stated above. They will put funds on "hold" because they see a transaction coming in and nail you for fees on transactions that come thru in the meantime even though that money is actually there to cover them. Also, explain to me how they can put your funds on "hold" because they see transactions coming thru but also won't cover transactions when they see direct deposits coming thru just the same???? These banks need to get a wake-up call!!!

• Fe
    fedup89 Mar 15, 2011

Is this lawsuit still going on?
    I actually just recently had this prblem with 53rd band. i set up my account so that if there isn't any money in my account then it should be declined. Even though i did this they still allowed transactions to go through and less than a week later i was 174 dollars deep in fees for a $30 charge!!! when i called and talked to the supervisor explaining to them i knew nothing of the fact that i was in overdaft and if there was any way for me to fix it. She basically told me that i was [censor] outta luck and that they where gonna keep charging me every day untill it went into collections. a month later i received letters that i was still getting overdaft charges even though my account was suppose to be in collections at the time and when i called to find out why all i kept hearing was"im sorry but...' or "this wasn't a bank error it was your fault" needless to say i'm beyond fed up and frustrated with 53rd and fell as though something should be done about these ridiculous charges i mean come on $35 overdraft fee as well as $8 a day? [email protected] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me any info on what i can do uf this is still open.

Sue Downs Feb 12, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:
    I am writing to you with my concerns on how my account, [protected], was handled by Fifth Third Bank Employees. This branch is located at 5305 26 St W, Bradenton, FL. 34207.

Statement Date Balance
    11/30/10 46.38

At the beginning of December, 2010, I went to the Bank to close the account. Met with a very helpful gentleman who used the accumulated points from this account to open a Savings account. He advised me to keep the account open until after the first of the year in case there were other points. I have not seen this young man in the Bank since this initial visit.

Statement Date Balance
    12/31/10 13.89

01/06/11 (87.61)
    Received an Overdraft Notice for (87.61). On January 7, I went to Fifth Third Bank and met with your representative Susan Snyder. I was requesting the Bank to forgive the 25.00 late fee and wanted to close the account. I was concerned that the card for this account was being used by accident instead of the card for the new business account which had been opened in Effingham, ILL., where the business is located. Ms. Snyder reviewed the account and stated there had not been overdraft fees or late fees in the past and wrote an email to her branch manager to get permission to remove the late fee from this account.

01/11/11
    I had not heard from Fifth Third Bank since my previous visit on Jan. 6, 2011. This time Ms. Snyder sent an email to another supervisor, Sandy Sanhilli. ( I am unsure of the correct spelling of Sandy’s last name) I discussed my concern regarding the overdraft fees being added to the account. She stated she could not do anything with out permission.

02/05/2011 (295.11)
    Received an Overdraft Notice for (295.11). I again went to the Bank. I was certainly not a happy customer. Met again with Ms. Snyder. I asked for copies of the email she had sent and was told she couldn’t give them to me. I explained that I needed evidence that I had been addressing this situation and wanted the emails as proof of my efforts. I now owed the Bank $295.11, rather than the original $87.61. She then gave me the name of the person she had sent the last email, Sandy Sanhilli.

02/07/11 (328.11)
    Returned to the Bank and met with Maria Miller. I closed the three (3) accounts I had at Fifth Third Bank and paid $328.11. While I was in Ms. Miller’s office, Ms. Snyder came in and I explained to her that additional charges to the account were due to Merchant Bankcard sales payments and if the account had been closed, these charges would never have been on the account. The Merchant Bankcard had been advised to use the new account back in December 2010. I was never offered any assistance in settling this matter and to date have never heard from a representative of Fifth Third Bank.

I have gone on-line and read Fifth Third Bancorp, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and although it primarily addresses employee conduct, it also states, “Fifth Third Bancorp (“Fifth Third”), and its subsidiaries and affiliates, have many important assets, but the most valuable is our established and unquestioned reputation for integrity. As professionals, we are judged by our conduct and we must act in a manner that merits public trust and confidence. Because of the nature of the banking business, many people hold us to a higher standard than other industries. Fifth Third has adopted this Code of Business Conduct and Ethics to help ensure that it retains its integrity and merits public trust and confidence.”

I am in education and one of our primary concerns is customer satisfaction. I am sure that this is also one of Fifth Third’s benchmarks. I may be an exception and just fell through the cracks. However, I did contact the Bank on five (5) different occasions from Nov. 30, 2010 to Feb. 7, 2011, was never contacted by a Bank representative, and as a result paid $328.11.

I am hoping that someone will take the time to explain how this can happen and if there is anyway to rectify the situation. I hope to hear from you in the near future.

• Po
    poff Dec 30, 2010

Fifth Third Bank STINKS!!!
    on 12/23/10 I had $240.71.
    that same day I spent
    $10.24, $20.00, $26.02, $35.85, $138.76
    On 12/27/10 I needed to get some chicken from the grocery store, since I was getting close to my limit and did not keep a good ledger of my previous pending day, I decided to check my accounts balance on line which showed close to $40. So I went to the meat market and spent $6.71 (which made me think I had close to $33.00 left). Then I went to Walmart and spent $14.41. So I thought I had close to $15.00. When I looked at my account at 9pm on 12/28/10 it showed a negative balance of $77.28. They charged me two overdraft Fees, I had $9.84 before I spent the $6.71 so that transaction should have cleared, but they took the $14.41 1st, so I was charged for both. At 10:31pm I deposited $100.00 to cover $77.72 negative balance (for two overdraft charges). The next morning I received a call from the bank stating that I owed them $55.00 over and beyond the $100. When the day before I owed only $77.00 and paid $100. So the bank explained to me that two of the transactions (the $6.71, and the $14.41) put me in overdraft when they were only considered pending (or authorized transactions). Then the $100 that I put in did not post to my account till the next business day at 2pm and those same transactions (6.71, and 14.41) final went into a cleared state or out of just a pending state before the $100 could be applied so they charged me $66.00 again, basically charging me fees twice for each transaction. The bank representative explained to me that I need to be more responsible, and that it is my fault I overdrawn in the first place. I basically tried to explain to them that I had no problem paying for my mistake, and that is why I rushed the $100 in with no question asked. But when I found out I was getting charged once again for those same two transaction, is when became furious. This can not be legal. One other thing I found very frustrating. The bank can penalize me the minute I make a mistake (the minute I spend), but when I deposit money, it takes 12 hours later to process. And yes I am already aware that anything that gets deposited in the ATM does not get processed until later the next business day (and this is even typed in Bold letters on the ATM Machine). My point is, that the banks puts this rule in effect, knowing that people will still deposit $$ in the ATM to try to cover these expenses, considering most people are working during bank hours and have no choice to use the ATM to make the deposit. they don't take the convince out of taking money out of the ATM, but the convenience out of depositing - This practice does not make no sense considering every ATM or debit card transaction is all computerized. Which would only make sense that you account should show exactly how you use Card. Not flip and switch transactions around to benefit the bank. The sad thing abut this whole practice, it really only hurts people who are barley making it in the 1st place. Ones who lives check by check, or one like myself, a full time student + full time employed barely making ends meet. Hmm this bank has one thing in mind and that is "How Can We Rip the next Looser Off." [email protected]

• Je
    Jess a Dec 02, 2010

I have to say that until yesterday I was totally unaware that 5/3 could charge me overdraft fees with a positive daily balance when a pending charge is more than the daily balance! My paycheck and the pending charge posted the same day so I never had a negative daily balance. Yet, by some predatory policy, I was charged 25 dollars for each of the six charges I made the day of the pending charge even though I had plenty of money to cover those charges! All said, they took 150 dollars from me for a total invalid reason. I have never overdrawn my account before and can't believe they can charge fees like this. It's not right. I've called four times and each time they say you may not agree with it but that's how the bank does it and there is nothing we can do! Horse hockey! This is just theft and I want to know where it says they can do this?! I am closing all accounts with 5/3 and telling my friends. I will also file a complaint as suggested above. I feel sick that I have been taken like this!

• Be
    becauseweletthem Nov 25, 2010

They hold onto mailed payments until the payment becomes late, so that they can charge a late fee. There is nothing you can do about it, no way to prove it was mailed on time. Or is there? Isn't there a law out there that says a company has to be able to provide the postage mark to prove something was mailed late? I actually believe such a law exists. In any case, this bank is not being held accountable for it's unethical business practices.

• Fm
    f.m. Jul 22, 2010

July 12 - 2010
    YET ANOTHER problem with "Fifth Third Bank".

This bank is stealing my money via manipulating my checking accounts deposits and debits, forcing overdraft fees.

Made a deposit on Sat. the 10th. ATM withdrawal $'X'.00 on the next day, Sunday 11th. On Monday 12th the bank possessed the ATM first then the deposit. The dates do not lie, the deposit was first, the ATM second.

"IF" there was not enough money in the account the ATM withdrawal should not have been allowed to go through. I had this happen once before 2 months previously, then I was just $0.12 short of my ATM withdrawal request and it was denied.

This bank was sued for this very practice earlier this year yet it continues to do the same thing.
    All I can say is, when opening a new bank account, get it in writing they will never do these practices otherwise they are libel for customers fees back to the bank. After all. “IF” they can do it, so can we.

Disgusting!

• Mm
    MM1585 Jul 17, 2010

You all are just whiners and incompetent of managing your accounts! its simple math! If you dont have the money, dont use it! If a merchant doulbe charges your account that is the merchants fault and if you deposit a check for a substancial amount of money, do you really think that bank is that stupid to make ALL of those funds available without processing the check first!?!?!?!?!

Sue53Now Jul 10, 2010

A class action lawsuit has finally been brought forth against 5th Third bank!!! here are a couple of links!

• Rh
    Rhema96 May 17, 2010

I will take heed and contact the Federal Reserve Board and FTC. I am a fighter and I am not going to let them get away with my money anymore. I doubt if I'd win in Small Claims but I might try.

• Rh
    Rhema96 May 17, 2010

I too am closing all of my accounts with Fifth Third but I still want to sue them. Is there a class action suit against them that I can join?

Darlene

[email protected]

• Oh and BTW I withdrew my funds from 53 Bank and closed my accounts. No way will I let them at me again.

• I also had a similar experience with 53 bank. Over draft fees that snowball from what you think you should have and what you actually have after they have applied the overdraft fees from your account. I ended up with a total of $317.00 in fees. I was actually able to get the first set of fees reversed but they refused to reverse the other $185.00 resulting as a snowball effect from the first set. I had $6, 000.00 in a savings account at the time but when my wife went in to set it up, they opened up a separate checking account with it and left the account I used unprotected, therefore excluding me from overdraft protection. When I went in person to the branch I was told that only the regional manager was able to reverse the fees.

Feeling powerless, I researched the situation to see if I had any recourse. I will share with you what I learned. You can file a complaint with the FTC, and the Federal Reserve Board online. the FTC addresses numerous groups of complaints more than just single ones, so the more of us that make complaints with them the better. The federal reserve board is the regulatory branch that enforces banking and will address individual complaints. None of this will be instantaneous but I am hopeful that I should receive my stolen funds at some point. I will return and update you all as I get a final answer from them. Those avenues are free and relatively quick and easy to do online. Also you can file a small claims suit against them, but there is a filing fee involved, and you will need to do some leg work. Living in a big town as I do (chicago) that's a pain in the rear and I'm willing to let the complaints run their course before I use that option. The parking alone will run me $20.00.

Best of luck to you all that have taken the time to comment here. The one thing I know for sure is that a complaint without teeth is just that. A complaint. Grow some teeth and make them responsible for their misdeeds.

• Ne
    Nedra27 Mar 02, 2010

I totally agree with all of the above statements! This happened to me too. I had several transactions that were "pending" for several days, the oldest of which was 5 days, and they were all cash and debit card transactions, leaving a balance of 1.47 in the account. All of the pends were covered. Then, a check went through for 50.00 AHEAD of all of the pends, and bounced all of them. 8 bounces for 37.00 each, for a total of 296.00! I called them and they refused to do anything about this, even though the pends should have gone in first, being that they were all cash transactions. Why they pended for up to 5 days, I don't know, and their response was "we aren't responsible for when the charges get put in". Now, they are charging me 8.00 a day, and the total is up to 444.53! I closed the account, but they won't stop adding these daily charges, nor will they actually close it. They tell me that they will add charges for 20 days, and then turn it over to collections. Fantastic.

• Fe
    fed up with overdrafts Jan 21, 2010

I am currently into it with 5/3rd. The ran a redbox rental of $5.39 thru 4 times that cause me to go 10 over and then they charged me $132.00 for ONE overdraft fee. PLEASE TELL ME THIS CANNOT BE LEGA. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO. I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER CHECKING ACCOUNT THAT HAS HAD 3 checks fun thru a total of 13 times and i have over $340.00 in overdraft fees on that one. This is all within the last wk. Iam in shock. What do I do. They are not helping me at all?????

• Nc
    nc/girl/fifth-third/rip-off Jan 02, 2010

CHARLOTTE NC 5/3 RIP OFF!!! Want TO FILE LAW SUIT! OVER 800$$ IN OVERDRAFT FEES... ONCE I SAT DOWN AND DID A LITTLE MATH THEY GOT ME GOOD! I M VERY GOOD AT KNOWING WHAT IS IN MY ACCOUNT! I OVERDRAFTED 104.00 GET CHARGED 800$$ BETWEEN NOV/ 4/ 09 - NOV12/09. WOW! BEFORE THE 12TH I REALIZED FOR SOME REASON MY DEPOSIT OF 200$$ DID NOT COVER OVERDRAFT OF 104$$??? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME . S0 NOW I DECIDED TO FIGHT BACK SINCE THIS IS BY NO MEANS THE FIRST TIME, JUST THE FIRST TIME I SAT DOWN AND TOOK THE TIME TO FIGURE OUT WHY THIS FELT SO WRONG, NO TELLING HOW MUCH THEY ROBBED ME IN THE PAST. NOT THIS TIME RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS/THANKSGIVING CANT MAKE RESERVATIONS OR RENT A CAR WITH NO BANK ACCOUNT!!! THANKS FIFTH/THIRD. ANY LAWYERS WANT TO CONTACT ME FEEL FREE [email protected]

Thanks Everyone,
    Ms. nc RIP OFF!

• Ia
    IamOUTraged! Dec 10, 2009

I just got an account with 5/3 and the same thing is happening to me! On the 7th I had a $680 balance. The bank showed that it paid a $570 check and $270 in debt card charges. It racked up $330 in overdraft fees BUT the next day, the bank returned the $570 check, and charged me another $33 overdraft. How can they say they paid the check on the 7th, that the check caused me to be overdrawn, charge me $330 in fees and then the next day decide to not pay it! Obviously they did this to collect all those $33 fees on $2 and $3 debt card transactions. Also, if they would have merely returned that $570 check, ALL of those debt card transaction would have cleared. Now today, I look at my account again and there is another $165 in overdraft fees with no detail of what they are for... In short, in 3 day I had a balance of $680, used $469 in debt transaction but incurred $495 in overdraft fees! I spoke to their customer services and told them that you can't said you paid a check on 12/7 that resulted in me being overdrawn to only change your mind on 12/8 AFTER you assessed 15 overdraft fees...This is fraud! I agree, they need to be sued!

• D7
    D711 Oct 07, 2009

*******ATTENTION********

Dear Sue and Interested Parties:

Through the course of 5 days, only 3 business days, my account currently has $258 of overdraft fees. Detail include -

3 transactions Friday October 2nd - $99 overdraft (fees).

One Transaction Monday October 3rd - $74 overdraft (fee).

No transactions October 5th - $37 overdraft (fee)...$48 daily overdraft (fee)

I am printing my statement out today...if I should fax it to any attorneys please let me know.

I check my account daily to ensure this does not happen, either online or through the automated phone system. I wish I could have printed my account statement last Monday. I showed an AVAILABLE BALANCE of $390. I would not have posted transactions to my account that would have sent me into negative territory. I can use a calculator like anyone else.

• Za
    Zaiden Sep 22, 2009

So lets say only one charge out of 5 from one day of debit charges causes an overdraft issue. Does Fifth Third have the right to charge overdraft fees for all 5 charges? That happened to me and I believe this is predatory. If anyone could give me more information as to a class action lawsuit being done, my email address is [email protected] Thanks for any help :).

• Lo
    lovelace Aug 28, 2009

fifth third bank thay are taking money from are checking for no reason.

• Lo
    lovelace Aug 28, 2009

i agree 100% how do i get in on the class action lawsuit [email protected]

Sue53Now Jun 28, 2009

Also you can go to

Try to help get this class action lawsuit going by joining and helping to get attention from more interested attorneys.

Sue53Now Jun 28, 2009

Please send any proof you have to [email protected]

• Dg
    dgeclipsed Jun 28, 2009

I definitely believe 53 is guilty of predatory overdraft fees. I was recently charged 4 $33 charges. Where based on my account I can see ONE being legitimate NOT Four. I was charged the first day, on 2 separate items that posted when there was sufficient money to cover both, BECAUSE they included 2 Pending transactions in their calculations. Hence charging me 2 overdraft fees on the posted transactions. However, they DON'T include the Pending transactions in their calculation on your daily balance. So my daily balance for that day, the day they charged me TWO overdraft fees. Was NOT overdrawn. Double standard here. The following day, the Two pending transactions finally DID clear and Post and I was then charged yet again, TWO more overdraft Fees. I have yet to see if their going to also charge me a daily fee for this. That would make it almost impossible for me to even cover the overdrawn balance to get my account out of the red.

ashley6871 Apr 27, 2009

I'm in the same situation. I work at a bank so I know when I should and shouldn't be charged an overdraft fee. 5th/3rd charged me two overdraft fees for one authorization, because two merchants ran their batches on two separate days. And when the items posted to my account, I was charged the fees. And then the per day fees were backdated from the day the purchases were made. The last time I checked, its against a federal regulation to charge an overdraft fee on an authorization and I was charged twice. To top it all off, I went in to make a deposit to cover it and the teller told me it would be fine. Come to find out I was charged a fee that day, even though my deposit was before 2:00, which in turn overdrew my account again, causing more overdrafts. But here's the kicker, I spoke to the branch manager and he admitted to me that the two original fees were charged for the same item, but that he couldn't do anything because they had reversed the 'first' fee as a one time courtesy due to my long term relationship with the bank. This is the worst financial institution I've ever dealt with, and like I said, I work for one which isn't doing the greatest right now, but we are still sympathetic towards our clients needs. This is not the best time for 5th/3rd to be playing around and stealing their clients money.