FIDOoffer of free tablet retracted

No Oct 01, 2019

When making a billing inquiry to Fido Customer Service yesterday (Sep 30, 9.30 AM) I was offered and accepted an offer from Fido representative Yasmin for a 0$ tablet on a free 2-year tablet data plan. I was initially skeptical of such an offer but was assured it was absolutely free of charge for long time customers. I accepted and was told I would be called back in 30 minutes to confirm which device I would prefer (Samsung A 8 or Samsung TAB E) . I do not receive a call back. Later that afternoon I called back (spoke with Isabella) and was told no one knew anything the offer. I called today and spoke with another person and their supervisor and was told they could no longer make this offer as it was either incorrectly offered or 'Fido ran out of tablets'.

The supervisor offered a variety of reasons why this promotion was 'a mess' including lack of items to give away, misinformed staff and more ! In exchange for this reneged offer and hours wasted on the phone I was given a paltry 5 dollars off for 6 months for my cellular service.

Why is this company making offers (that I never sought out) that that are not willing to keep ? What a dishonest way to do business.

A reasonable resolution to my dispute would be for Fido to honour it's original offer and make right by their word that I am a valuable and loyal customer.

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Oct 01, 2019

Hi @NonFictionOnly, Pierre from Fido's Social Media team here.

This doesn't sound like the kind of thing we want any of our customers to go through. Can you reach out to us on either Facebook or Twitter so we can take a closer look into this with you? I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you!