FIDOdishonest charges & terrible customer services

I

I've just spent 1 hour on the phone speaking to FIDO customer service. I've never got such a terrible customer treatment in my life. The woman on the phone spoke to me in such a rude manner as if I was a lier.
I bought an iphone a month ago & on about a 3rd day of joining Fido I've got a welcome call from them. The guy with strong anglo-african french accent was interested if I was Ok with Fido services. First thing I asked him was if this call was free & getting a positive answer I spent about 20mins giving him feedback & asking questions. Not mentioning that he couldn't answer to any of my questions, seemed very inexperienced & that only answer he gave me about free evenings & weekends on my plan as I found later was wrong, the guy as appears now didn't even register my complaints about SMSs getting late through Fido. Anyway, now when I've got my first bill I found out that I was charged for those 20 mins incoming welcome call from FIDO!!! I phoned 611 to confirm the number behind that incoming call, but as appeared their policies do not allow them to reveal it!!! From what I was told it's impossible to see the number behind incoming calls, meaning I can't dispute them!!!??? I have another phone from Bell (where I can see all the incoming numbers on the bill, by the way) & I bought an Iphone only for 6Gb data plan. I had to pick Fido as they offered the minimal voice plan ($15 for 50 mins), which Rogers unfortunately didn't have. I've spent 1 hour trying to explain to the woman in 611 that there is absolutely no way I would allow someone to speak to me for 20mins, knowing that they would appear in my cell bill. That guy welcoming me from Fido was the only one and now I have to pay for it! I wish I'd send him to hell right away! What's even more disgusting is that women from Fido customer services today talked to me in such a rude manner as if I was lying to her, though as she admitted she wasn't even aware of Fido practicing such welcome calls. She didn't want even try to beleive me, neither she was willing to help as their system doesn't allow to see the number behind that 20 mins incoming call. I don't have an issue paying extra dollars if they could prove that call wasn't from Fido. That's not a big money for me - it's just the fact that they are trying to charge me for something they shouldn't & then talking to me in distrusted manner is what drives me crazy.
There are 3 problems I see with Fido right after my 1st month with them & want everyone be aware of it when considering Fido as a provider:
1) Inexperienced staff who dares to make welcome calls, not even being able to answer questions or register their calls in the system correctly, resulting in customers being dishonestly charged for it.
2) Not disclosing the number behind the incoming calls allows Fido to manipulate the data on the bill - this is a possible Fraud issue, as there is no mechanism for customers to check or dispute the fact of the call (as in my case, for ex.)
3) Terrible customer service - it seems Fido trains them not to help customers but rather keep them away. Very, very, very disgusting treatment!

I'm glad Bell & Telus start offering Iphones next month. I'm so disappointed in Fido that will definitely consider switching to one of them even for the cost of cancellation fees.

• Us
    usharalhan Dec 27, 2014

the guy name brandon he was so rude dont want to listen omg he put me 1 hour on wait

• Ir
    Ira Aug 20, 2010

Hey, guys! Guess what? I'm not sure if the message left on this board helped or Fido finaly got the message I've sent through their Contact us form, but I finaly got a call from them! The guy named Raymon just called & he was such a contrast to all the Fido reps I have ever talked. I thought I was in a dream when talking to him. He was so pleasant & nice - absolute opposite to Fido current image in my head. I must say he just saved Fido! He patiently listened to all my complains, was really sorry about my Fido experience & since I was 1 year through on my contract gave me such a great deal, I couldn't even believe my ears! With such contract I never have to worry about overcharges I guess, so no need to talk to those rude reps anymore. Thank you, Raymon! You saved my day... & Fido!

• Ir
    Ira Aug 19, 2010

And here I'm back after 1 year with Fido complaining again. I'm so tired of their inexperience Customer Service Staff that finally decided to switch to Telus, especialy that Telus start offering 6 GB plans now.
    I am ready to pay cancellation fee, so contacted Fido through Live Chat first . The person named Myriam said my cancellation fee would be $250+30 days notice (I still have a copy of that chat). But guess what, it's not that easy to give them 30 days notice. I can't even get through to their cancellation department, and no one else can handle it. There is no such option when you call them, so I pushed some numbers until finaly the girl named Terra picked up the phone. But she refused to connect me to cancellation department saying that their line is overloaded!? Another surprise here & yet one more evidence of incompetence - now Terra's version of my cancellation fee was different from Myriam's: $430! Do i have to ask 3 different reps every time to figure out what is the correct answer to my question? How reliable their answers are?! Anyway, Terra refused to connect me to cancelation department, she refused even to try!!! insisting that they will call me back in 2 hours. So it's been 3 days by now I'm still waiting for that call. I even tried sending Fido a cancellation notice through their contact us form, but no one ever contacted me. So I have no idea how to stop this nightmare...

• Gu
    Guest12345 Dec 18, 2009

FIDO IS A MAJOR SCAMMMMMMM!!!

Rip off fido is a major rip off,

they were fraudulently billing my phone bill and illegally charging me for calls i never maid. They refused to believe me and accused me of lying! Fido is a scam!

i had my complaint fwd to their fraud department and they never got back to and slapped me with another bill!!!

I found out today that because the rep who submitted my report didn't include a certain note they rejected the complaint and never notified me in anyway. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, a truly garbage company! My business parnter also had a $1500 bill that had confusing charges on it.

In my case I hadn't used my phone since i was on vacation for 2 moths and they charged me over $600.00 for calls made from cites i have never been too!

HUGE warning on FIDO people, they are in the business of stealing money and blaming you.

Fido is a ripoff, they take peoples money! I would stand clear of fido they maybe cheaper but with their Cheapness comes a price of quality, hounesty and integrity. their CEO Silvain Roy is a ### for improperly managing this business.

I put in my second complaint lets see what happens, i will be cutting off my service with asap. Get this, because I put in a fraudulent claim they cannot cut off my service!!! lol what BS!! I better get my money back!

• MaryP Dec 09, 2009

Hi Irada. This is Mary with Fido. I had sent you a personal message via this forum to see if I could help.
    If you need assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,