FIA Card ServicesCASH ADVANCE CHECK

R

I received checks from this company stating an interest rate of 1.9% if I did a balance transfer or used the checks for other purposes. Being skeptical and knowing the unscrupulous practices of some comapanies I read the fine print closely and even called Card services to affirm I was using the check within the proper time frame. A nice young lady assured me I was (my first mistake-didn't get her name) and The funds would have a interest rate of 1.9%. They are charging me 9.9% and are now saying I didn, t use check in time. I failed to keep the agreement info attached to the checks (my second mistake) and therefore cannot dispute the high interest rate. They tell you one thing and do something else. I just don't understand why companies like this insist on shooting themselves in the foot. I will just pay off the balance and cancel the card and continue to make others aware of their questionable practices. Talking to management is useless. They are so use to talking to unhappy customers there responses are pure reflex. I would imagine alot of there employees will be looking for jobs in the near future as more customers leave this company.

• Ro
    Robert Mar 12, 2009

In order to be fair I wanted to post a follow-up comment. I attempted to contact Wachovia and when entering my account # I was routed to FIA CardServices. I told the young lady I thought I was calling Wachovia but my call had apparently rolled to FIA after I entered my account #. Paulette then asked how she could help me. I explained to her I was calling Wachovia to complain about FIA and I felt there was nothing she could do to help me in the matter as I had already talked to two gentlemen at FIA and that they had been most unhelpful and uncaring. Paulette was very professional and personable and apparently more interested in her companies long term future and their positive relationship with their customers than the other two gentlemen. She said she would correct the interest charges and allow the 1.9% interest rate as I had expected.

I guess it pays to talk to a concerned and conscientious employee.

Robert