Menu
Home Movement & Delivery FedEx the worst service ever

FedEx - the worst service ever

V
Author of the complaint
12:21 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took a day off to wait for a package to be delivered by FedEx HOME DELIVERY. I heard the door bell and when I opened the door the FedEx truck was driving away. The worst is that I cannot go and get the package. The driver is a contractor and the FedEx facility will be closed by the time the driver returns. FedEx customer service informed me that there is no way they can contact the driver! Today is Saturday. So, there is no way I can get the package myself. Customer service informed me that maybe they would be able to contact the driver on Tuesday, so that I can go and get it myself. Damage Resulting: Besides the stress, the package contains a recorder I needed for a job. I will not be able to do the job.

Helpful? 3 1

More FedEx complaints & reviews

FedEx - poor service
FedEx - tuition reimbursement not paid out
FedEx - clearance delay
22 comments
K
Apr 18, 2022 12:21 am

I won't use FedEx! Ever. If a company only ships with FedEx, I'll buy from a different company. I'de use the US postal service before ever using FedEx. Just the worst

5 0
U
Jan 29, 2022 12:21 am

FedEX last updated on my package was 3 Days ago, after the scheduled delivery date. I contacted the 800 number and they said they would upgrade the tracking of the package to the next level. Needless to say I have yet to be contacted. The last tracking information I had was that it left Fort Worth Texas the 3 days ago, nothing since. I fear it will end up, like my last package in Porto Rico. I have no idea how this company stays in business.

4 0
A
Jul 03, 2021 12:21 am

Owning a business that fedex delivers to is a bad joke...they leave pkgs in the rain with signs posted to put on porch that is covered...they are never on time by closing time, when its been posted clearly with the [censored]s running the delivery scheduling...my pkgs are on truck at 4.30 am, yet they cant get them here until after we close...they have left GUNS on my front shop door in the rain as we are a FFL dealer, IN THE RAIN RUINING EXPENSIVE PIECES, LEAVING ME TO EXPLAIN TO CUSTOMERS WHY THEIR GUNS ARE ALL RUSTED!...IF THEY GET STOLEN, FEDEX LIES SAYING THEY DELIVERED TO INDIVIDUAL AT MY SHOP THAT IS CLOSED!PATHETIC WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS! WE REFUSE TO SEND ANYTHING USING FEDEX AS COURIER!

6 0
Dec 08, 2021 12:21 am

Fedexlax has a training class in how to lie to customers.

7 0
T
May 04, 2021 12:21 am

Waiting for a package that has taken over a week to get and now it has been pending delivery and sitting in Stockton. Ca. Since last Thursday and today is Monday. Mind you that Stockton is only 30 miles from my house in Sacramento!
What a crap company!

6 0
E
Apr 19, 2021 12:21 am

Trying to transfer a home delivery to a local Walgreens. It was easy process I used several times in [protected]. Reasonably web savvy. I have tried today over an hour to do this. I have delivery manager and follow directions but moving to the next step just takes you to dead link. You can't move forward with the process now. I have tried and re read instructions. Nothing this simple should be this frustrating. Whether you start at the tracking package option and try to proceed, or from delivery manager. I could not navigate the website. Do the people managing the website ever check their processes and verify the site works? obviously not. If I have a pkg delivery, I cannot choose what service the send will use. It is the company's decision. I am stuck either at home for days waiting so pkg not stolen from my front door. I do have text updates but that is still not enough to ensure I can get to pkg before being stolen.

Dec 08, 2021 12:21 am

It's simple just do NOT buy from dealers that us Fedexlax and tell them that.

5 0
C
Apr 13, 2021 12:21 am

Was suppose to get a overnight priority delivery by Noon(rural delivery) It is now 1:45 and no package. I had an appointment with the bank at 2:00, so I guess that is not going to happen. FedEx is the worse delivery company on the planet-avoid them if at all possible!

D
Dec 25, 2020 12:21 am

FEDEX is the Worst Shipping Company!

According to FEDEX Website, my shipment was due to arrive on 12-23-20 and was located in Tracy, CA since 12-22-20. Tracy is less than 30 miles from my home. The 23rd of December passes and on the 24th it said it will be delivered. Of course, Christmas Eve has passed and not it is Christmas Day!

No live person answers the phone and customer service is of no help! They claim they are busy and overloaded. Well, they should have hired a bunch of people as many are unemployed due to COVID.

My package has been sitting in Tracy since 12-22-20 and today is Christmas! Bah Hum Bug to FedEx.

Their company should be name FedSlow!

Dec 15, 2020 12:21 am

Ordered something coming from Irvine, ca. To university place, wa. It was shipped on the 9th and when I tracked it I got a delivery date of the 13th. So on the 13th Its still saying its coming that day then all of the sudden it says " delivery date pending". So I tried calling, virtual assistant, the virtual text, and all I got was that it was pending, no answers, no real person, no nothing. So now its 2 days later and still says pending so I filed a claim on the damn thing, maybe, just maybe that will get me some attention. I I seriously doubt they care or will even help me but I gotta try something!

Dec 15, 2020 12:21 am

It still says pending but now it says it left ca. yesterday, that means it sat in ca. 4 days!

G
Jul 22, 2019 12:21 am

I have been using FedEx ground since it was RPS, which at the time was an excellent delivery service and famously innovative, but alas, they sold out to FedEx and it's been a dysfunctional operation since then. I stayed with them and endured their incompetence because I also used UPS, which at the time (2005) was even worse, but perhaps it's time to consider UPS once again. I can't speak to any issues with FedEx Air, but the Ground service is HORRIBLE! They run it as a separate company, which complicates things, but generally, the Customer service is the WORST I've seen in my 25+ years of business. They have higher rates for residential service, which means any shipment to any location THEY deem to be "residential", regardless of volume or ease of access for the driver. Their online functionality has never been good and they make it a point to be as difficult as possible to contact if you have issues with their service. The only thing fully functional is their payment process. Regarding deliveries, I have no problem with leaving a shipment at the door with no signature required, but I have had cartons left out in the rain, in the garage (an envelope that I didn't locate until weeks later, and after I assumed it was lost in transit and had to request duplicate documents). Phone customer service people will lie to you, just to get rid of you, they will NEVER contact a driver, even if they mistakenly place a document envelope for Air Service that was marked for ground service. I've had a few instances where the Customer Service person admits that FedEx screwed up but they will NEVER give you consideration by expediting the shipment; I've had shipments (especially document envelopes) that have taken 3 business days to deliver that were in the SAME zone! Forget it if your shipment finds itself in a warehouse on Friday night; you won't see it again until Monday. I could go on, I could write a book on the horror that is FedEx Ground.
Note: If you're a shipper or receiver that can't understand because you've had great service, just wait until you ship or expect to receive something that is urgent or extremely important; they'll screw up at the worst possible time.

R
May 09, 2019 12:21 am

they suck suck suck never ever going to use them again, they tell you its on the way to its final destination then after waiting all day it then shows delivery scheduled for tomorrow they suck big balls, lazy workers they smell, look like junkies drive like crap use ANYBODY but fedex or you will regret it !

P
Feb 25, 2019 12:21 am

FedEx is still the worst. Tracking says out for delivery Friday morning. Friday afternoon tracking says delivery Monday.
Monday morning tracking says out for delivery. Monday afternoon tracking says delivery will be on Wednesday.

P
Dec 11, 2017 12:21 am

This holiday season I have used all three major shipping services, only one of which I don't understand at all FEDEX. FedEx takes two to three days longer just to deliver to USPS in a different state after delivering to two FEDEX locations in my state, Illinois. They literally drive pass my city several times to give to Wisconsin USPS to deliver back in Illinois. They charge customers for a poor service and ultimately cannot deliver to address themselves.
I have seen this at least six times with deliveries in last month of deliveries. I have started e-mail to vendors to please use better delivery company. As it seems the Chinese have the most use of FEDEX I most certainly send route info to each vendor that used them.

E
Mar 06, 2017 12:21 am

Fed-ex is the worst shipper you could use and every package I get from them is 2-3 days late. Sits on truck for a extra day travels 1 hour sits in warehouse. I have actually had a package sit in there truck for 3 days 2 miles from my house and could not do anything about getting it faster. Wal-mart .com uses it for there supposed 2-day service takes 5-7 days. I ship regularly will only mail through USPS for my customers to get it on time.

Oct 05, 2016 12:21 am

My package arrived in Troutdale Oregon yesterday (Tuesday). I live in Bend Oregon. My package could easily be delivered tomorrow, but it's not scheduled for delivery until next Tuesday. So it's going to sit in Troutdale until Monday, and then it'll be sent to Bend. This is most likely because the sender paid the econo-rate. Which means it can sit in a local FedEx facility for a week before they'll deliver it. It'll probably remain in Troutdale all week so I can't pick it up early! USPS is better than FedEx! Even if it's regular post, a package will still be delivered when it arrives in town. And it won't sit anywhere for a week, before delivery.

Dec 30, 2015 12:21 am

We get packages all the time from them and they are always right on time. Unless the sender requires a signature, we are ok with their leaving the pkg at our front door. We are usually here, but can't always get to the door before they have to leave to get to the next address. Package is carefully placed, not tossed as some videos would have you believe. Perhaps you can talk with them? They are very willing to leave per your wishes.

C
Apr 13, 2021 12:21 am

You must work for the company. This site is for complaints not compliments.

T
Dec 30, 2015 12:21 am

I totally agree, Fedex is the worst. they say it is on the truck and it is not. they say they do not deliver on Monday's it is a lie my neighborhood got a package on Monday from them.

B
Jul 26, 2008 12:21 am

To bad, I dont want to hear your voice so why should you record it! Be alert when you get a delivery next time!

Jul 14, 2008 12:21 am

I totally agree . UPS is far better in this front

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1208 complaints