Eyemart Expressprice, service

T

Agree with the bait and switch review. They advertise 2 pair for $119. I got charged $380 for 1 pair and could not see out of them. They said they did not give refunds and if I could not see (Since they were made perfectly to my prescription) I should see the doctor, since he was probably wrong. Good, blame the doctor... Also, dr. Lacour's exam a joke. Sort of a sour fellow. Charged me more to get drops in my eyes for dilation. Wants me to come back for more office visits. Just padding the bill like for the glasses. Will never go back! And the receptionist did not seem to know what was going on. Kept laughing at everything.

RESOLVED

• EyeMart Express's response · Aug 17, 2011

My name is Mary and I am the Customer Specialist at Eyemart Express Home Office. I saw your complaint and would like to see if there is anything I could do to make this situation better. I cannot do anything about the exam or the doctor's office but I can do what it takes to make sure you are satisfied with your glasses. Please give me a call at [protected] X3048 and I will be happy to help out. It is my personal goal to make sure our customers are completely satisfied with Eyemart Express. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• To
    topgun May 20, 2011

The fact that Dr. Lacour now has 5 doctors working for him must tell you something. Maybe he is greedy? Sounds like you must work for him, or with him in some manner to know this? He is advertising that he is the doctor but he does not show up for work, but instead has to have others work in place of him. This is not very good patient care in my opinion, and probably makes the other doctors feel slighted. I prefer to have the same doctor each time I come in and know the money earned will go directly to them. Also, having direct contact with the doctor in charge when it comes to problems puts you in an advantage because you can get it taken care of right then by speaking directly to the owner Yes, I know most doctors are independent. I had my own dental practice, so I am quite familiar with hiring doctors. As far as my post, I feel that others should know about the experience and then form their own opinions which is why I posted. I have a printed coupon which states dilation is extra. I still will not go back, as I really liked my previous doctor at Eyemart who was always available to take a call. I looked him up and called him directly. As far as pursuing the eyeglass problem. I have called the manager Tim, who has yet to return my call. Everytime I call he is not in and I have only spoken to him once. So I had to call the corporate office. Thank you for your input. Others should know. There were other people complaining when I was in the store and one lady demanded a refund which the manager Tim I overheard state "we do not give refunds". Her glasses were already made 2x. She was so loud that everyone heard her. I wish she would also post her own complaint. Tim offered to make her a free pair to quiet her down. She refused.

idoubtit Apr 07, 2011

Are you sure you saw Dr LaCour? He has 5 other doctor who work for him. Dr LaCour doesn't charge extra for dilation or follow up visits.

idoubtit Apr 07, 2011

Great now I need to file a complaint with this website as I did not type ’ behind the word doctors'.

idoubtit Apr 07, 2011

I have seen Dr. LaCour for years and he has always provided me with a very informative, detailed eye exam at a fraction of the price most doctors’ charge. He has never charged extra for dilation nor wanted me to come back for more visits. Maybe, you misunderstood him. Maybe, he was trying to encourage you to get eye examination on a routine yearly schedule. Also, most doctors have their own independent practice separate from the companies who sell glasses. Sounds like you are mad at the employee who waited on you at Eyemart Express or the ($380.00) you were charged. I have found that most businesses are more than happy to resolved disputes when you speak to the right person. Which in this case it sounds like you have not pursued? Before you decided to write a complaint regarding peoples reputations you should try to resolve the problem with someone other that the person behind the counter. Only then will you be qualified to file a complaint.