Extreme Acai BerryUnauthorized billing

P

This company offering Free Trial has billed my card several times with no authorization ... calling, canceling and returning product was to no avail. I will have to cancel my card to stop them from billing. A BIG SCAM is this company...

What can be done? We are really dumb comsumers to even click on these web sites!

• On
    Online Customer Service Nov 06, 2009

I apologize for any misunderstandings that might have occurred when you were purchasing your dietary supplements online. Fit Factory/My Shape My Way program is a companion program that comes with various products of this type. It offers our customers a personal trainer you can converse with daily, pictures, music links; it offers links to recipes and menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided for you before entering any method of payment information for your supplement. This provides you access to all the terms and disclosures as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program that accompanies it for great support and success with your product.

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you with any further questions or concerns.

If you've already contacted customer service and feel you were not treated fairly or would like to discuss additional issues please contact me directly at [protected] or you may email me at [email protected] I will assist you immediately.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support

• Hi
    Hilary Dougill Aug 04, 2009

Hi. You need to ring a Florida number it is from the USA [protected] from the UK 001 [protected]. You will connect to a customer services rep who will cancel your subscription. You must also cancel the subscription (which you probably didn't know you had ) with e-savings. They also take money every month. The very best of luck. regards. Hilary

• Ri
    Rippedoff4nothing Jun 22, 2009

Heads up, I had ordered Extreme Acai Berry 9 months ago...finally got them to cancel my subscription for the supplements and to stop charging me for them. Now, 9 months later...I have another charge on my account for $29.95 from My Shape My Way. According to their customer service, ordering Extreme Acai Berry also signed me up for an online program and canceling the supplements did NOT cancel the online program.

Why it was 9 months later, I do not know...but heads up that you may see more charges from them for stuff that you were signed up for and did not know about!

• Ri
    ritabook Mar 30, 2009

March 30, 2009: What a nightmare! I too ordered the $3.95 free trial and couldn't get through to cancel. Got charged $89.31, had to get a new debit card to avoid more charges. My bank said that this company provided them with a delivery confirmation from me! I can't wait to see this! I've asked the bank to send me this documentation as I never received anything! I'm guess they got a delivery confirmation for the free trial and are using that to convince the bank that I received some product allegedly worth $89.31!

• Yv
    yvonna Mar 15, 2009

I would cancel my credit card and have them issue a new number. I would also ask your credit card company to do a charge back since you cancelled the order and they kept billing you.

• Me
    me1 Mar 02, 2009

I ordered the trial for 3.95, there was nothing else on the add, no fine print - nothing. Then I find a charge from them for 89.95, and 2 charges from some fit-something for 29.95. I called both and was told they would be canceled and money returned. The 2 charges of 29.95 were returned immediately, this was in November. I kept calling Acai Berry and they told me they shipped a bottle to me and that I had to return that to get my money back, when I FINALLY got the bottle, I immediately returned it, that was in January. I have repeated called for my money back and was given 2 cancellation numbers. Now, when I call, the number immediately disconnects. The web site is no longer up, and other numbers I find for them on the net also disconnect.

If anyone still has a way to contact them, please post it. I'm not just gonna let them have my money like that without a fight.

• He
    Helen Feb 14, 2009

Filled in on line form for 'Free' Acai berries . Didn't read the terms and conditions which were 'buried ' at the foot of the 3rd web page. Received 'free' pills just before Xmas --put them away without reading accompanying leaflet till we returned from holiday on 4/1/09. Saw debit on my Credit Card Statement which I did not recognize. Canceled the payment with them but realized a few days later what had happened. The billing address for £64.96 was different from the Address for the Post and Packing for the free samples ---which in itself is underhand and dishonest. I am now trying to get my credit card company to treat this as fraud but I don't really hold out much hope. I feel so STUPID and really angry that this should happen. Can I do anything. I had to phone the Florida address from UK to cancel--I just hope that will be done as I am going to Spain on 31/01/09 for 2 weeks and may not be able to access a computer to check my balances.

• Be
    Betergirl Jan 11, 2009

I was on a website researching for recipes and I saw the " melt body fat" ad so I clicked on it and it brought me to the website for acai berry and after reading the ad, which said that you could try a free bottle and only pay shipping of 4.95, of course it is more canadian so I thought why not, what can I lose with just 4.95, well I had problems getting my product shipped to me, I waited and finally called them and did reach someone and told them about this, they said they would send me another bottle but didnt mention that they would charge me 115.00 dollars, of which I didnt authorize to be billed to my credit card and I saw the shipping charge amount to 11.00 dollars. I didnt try to ask for a credit, I just chalked it up to experience and now I know to warn others, havent tried it as I am too upset about the whole thing and how naive I was to believe the ad, and opened myself up for buying something I did not want, so lesson learned, I will not fall for another ad, no matter how good to be true it is. I should have known, if its too good to be true, it usually isnt.

• Bi
    Bill W. Berry Jan 07, 2009

I ordered a free trial and paid for shipping and handling on December 12/7/2008. I had 14 days to call and cancel if I did not want to receive automatic shipments of the product, Acibiberry, in the future. On December 16, I called and canceled as directed. On December 23, the company, under the name of Fastment, charged my bank account $$89.31. When I telephoned them, they refused to refund my money. I told them I was returning their product and contacting my bank to dispute the payment made to them. They refused to give me the name or address of the company, they would only give me the address of the warehouse in Florida, as shown above.

I have since seen several complaints on the computer from people who have been ripped off also.

• Wa
    Wayne M. Ayudan Sr. Jan 05, 2009

This company has a no refund policy that is very crooked because they show a gauranttee that would refund but say they only would refund half and they are not authorized to sell drugs by the gov. they will tel you that this item is meds and that is their reason given to me over the phone why it cannot be refunded, they continue to make charges to my charge card even when they told me they canceled my account they gave me a confirmation number when they canceled my account it was [protected] on 01/05/09 by a rep named Zack at phone number [protected] at this time and date they told me that they can only refund me @89.31 to my account for and order that they shipped to me on 12/24/08 and I would lose @89.31 for the first shipped order that was shipped to me on 12/03/08, I am so confused because I have a funny feeling that they are still shipping orders to me and still billing my credit card account for some thing that I dont want and not ordering please help us all that are and have been scammmmed thank you kindly

• Ra
    R. A. Kane Jan 04, 2009

I have ordered the FREE trial of the Extreme Acai Berry. Along with the product there was a printed noted indicating this:
    "I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] within this 14-day period, beginning on the 14rth day my credit card will automatically be charged eighty nine dollars and thirty one cents (Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of Acai Berry to be shipped at that time to my door."

Here what happened: I received the bottle that says TRIAL on it. I received the product and that very day I received it, I call [protected] and the woman with had my information, and she gave me a cancellation confirmation number, this transaction took place before a day before Thanksgiving, Nov. 26, 2008.

I notice on my bank statement I saw that I was charged $89.31 on December 25, 2008 and January 2, 2008.
    I was charged twice on the day of January 2, 2008 for $89.31. I immediately tried calling the customer service to investigate as to what was going on. I could not get anyone to help me, I was put on hold and then they hung up the phone. I called again and the telephone recording says, "We Are Unable To Received Calls from Your Area". I tried calling and searched for an email to contact them and I could not.

I went to my bank and filed a fraud and theft, my accounts are now closed.
    I have made a police report and will contact my lawyers to clear up this matter. Extreme Acai Berry is bad business people and they are hurting people out there. They have no code of ethics in operating their business.

People have the right to refuse products and services. People have the right not to give authorizations of their financial affairs. Yet, Extreme Acai Berry is violating these rights and stealing lots of monies from a lot of people.

This is THEFT!!!

I sure did not give any authorizations to anyone to siphon money out my personal financial account.

Mathews Jan 03, 2009

Presented as an individual who had discovered this wonderful vitamin and wanted to share her good fortune with others with a link to the FREE sample. Being inexperienced with the internet I fell for it!

I didn't receive my free trial until after the company had already charged my credit card $89.31 (I was unaware that I was now on a monthly program)I called immediately to cancel. That was only the beginning.

A few days later another charge from fit factory $29.95 appeared, before I noticed this charge, A month had gone by so as a result I had two of these charges.They would gladly refund one of them.

Before I received my next statement I thought I should get online and look for other unauthorized charges. Guess What! Pricelimbo.com had just recently charged my account $8.51 long after I had canceled my original offer.

I have yet to receive my $89.31 refund it has been two months of my relentless bulldogging. Today when I called requesting their mailing address in order to file a complaint, they said my refund had somehow not been approved but He would immediately approve it & processed within 24 Hrs. WE'LL SEE!!!

• La
    Laila Dec 18, 2008

I ordered acai berry in early Nov and have been trying to cancel my membership ever since. I talked to a rep who said I had to return the order with a conformation number. I did that but I still haven't recieved a refund, and now they sent me a e-mail saying another order is on it's way. I don't know what to do. No one answers the phone at the three diffrent numbers I have for them. Is there anyone who can help me get this canceled? This is costing me money I don't have.

Mags Dec 12, 2008

Ordered so called 14 day free trial and then realised they were going to take money from my bank account each month ($89.31). No contact address, only an international phone number which I cannot afford to use.

Trems and conditions certainly NOT clear at time of order. I am a pensioner and cannot afford such things. I have had to cancel my bank card to try to ensure no more payments are taken when not authorised. As today is 12 Decembr and I am unlikely to get a replacement card for 7 working days, my Christmas food shopping and everything will have to go on my Credit Card or involve me in going to my bank for cash payments.

Try to ensure these people are stopped. Have now discovered hundr4eds of other victims of this scam. I am fuming and ver, very upset.

• Ki
    Kia Dec 09, 2008

I ordered this product and received it about a week later. I tried to call every day after to cancel and always got a recording or was disconnected. Now my credit card has been charged $89.31. I don't know if anyone else has had the opportunity to try the product yet, but I excercise 3-4 times a week and eat healthy (I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat sweets or fried foods) and I haven't lost an inch or a pound using this. What a waste. I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau.

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it. If something actually works, it'll be available in stores soon enough.

Joanne Major Dec 04, 2008

I have just filed a compliant with the Better Business Bureau. Please do so also. We need to stop this illegal billing!

• Valerie Dec 03, 2008

I have been working on getting my funds applied back to my CCard for 6 months now. Originally I signed up for the 'free' trial offer which includes paying $3.95, then I received the trial product and canceled over the phone. I thought I was done with this company and did not think that the product had worked for me personally. Then when I was viewing my on line account I noticed an unfamiliar charge, once I looked it up I realized that I had been charged $89.31 from Extreme Acai Berry. I immediately contacted their [protected] # and explained that I had already canceled but still was charged. The representative advised that she would credit my account only after offering to send me additional products. I declined. I then received the product that I was charged for and marked return to sender. I waited a week and still had not received credit then called again. I spoke with a 'manager' this time named Monica who advised that she would credit my card and gave a confirmation # even. I still never received a refund and shortly after this I received an additional charge of $89.31 to my credit card and a new shipment of the product which I returned. I have called and written and e-mailed this company several times and will not stop until I get a complete refund minus the initial shipment fee for the free trail that I did use.

Sarah Bailey Dec 02, 2008

I ordred the free sample but once I saw that they were going to charge me I sent the product back with in the 14 days alloted. Its now going on a month of calling being on hold for atleast 20 mins and then being told the same thing each time. "It takes 5-7 business days to recieve a refund" I'm so fed up with this bs I cant believe a company can do this. So now Im out of my $89.00 and the "free" produce and what scares me even more is now they have my info. This is a complete scam, do not buy anything from them they are scam artists and they wont give you your money back.
    Beware of this product, you are better off going to the store. The 1800 number is a joke the people tell you their is no supervisor on duty and they cant let you speak to anyone else. I will be reporting this to the BBB.

• Al
    Alka Dec 01, 2008

Please call your banks and get your debit cards cancelled. That should help solve the problem. I lost the shipping costs and also some 30 dollars to some FITFAT place. And educate more friends that these free trials are all bogus.

• Valerie Nov 29, 2008

On October 13, I was surfing online and found an ad about Extreme Acai Berry tablets, which had great reviews according to the website. I did read the fine print, and I scoured the web for negative reports, but I did not find any. So, I decided to give them a try.

The trial period was for 14 days, which I reasoned was a good amount of time considering that there is shipping and handling involved. I went ahead and placed the order.

However, I didn't receive the product until day 11, which only gave me three days to try the product. That should have been my first sign to call and cancel, but since my work hours varied that weekend, I didn't get a chance to call until Monday (10/27), the 14th day of the trial.

So, I called early Monday morning, but the waiting time was too long. Then, at my lunch/break time, I called again. Guess what? No answer! So, I decided to call the second number listed on the fine print. Besides telling me that they had no account for me, they also told me that Extreme Acai Berry had another number that I could call.

So I called that number, and nothing. A message comes through my wireless provider that the number cannot be completed as dialed. I kept trying many, many times throughout the day, but I still did not get through.

On Tuesday, I tried again, and I finally got through. By that time, they had already posted the charge to my account. I tried to explain this to the customer service representative (CSR), but all she kept saying was that the agreement was that they would take the payment after the 14th day of the trial. Exasperated, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The CSR said there was no one else to speak to. I then asked for their physical address, making a decision to post my experience to this report.

I firmly believe that I could not get through to their customer service department because they wanted me to go through the trial without canceling in order to get their money. This is fraudulent, and they should be put out of business!

• Valerie Nov 27, 2008

I ordered a trial bottle of Acai Berry 500. The product is solicited on the web page with the approval of Rachael Ray, and references to several television networks recommendations, such as CNN, CBS, and ABC. The charge for the sample trail showed up on my checking account record as MY VIP FIT [protected] UT.

Today I found an additional charge to my checking account record in the amount of $89.31, contacted my bank immediately to report a fraudulent charge. When I tried to call the number to dispute the charges and cancel the automatic resupply the phone number was no longer in service. BTW, I found the small link to the terms at the bottom of the website page from which I ordered. When I checked-out one of their other websites the terms are clearly displayed next to the order form.

This is a quote from another consumer 'You do the math, one stupid consumer x $89.31 = $$$$$$ In these economic times, we don't need these kind of scams.'

• Do
    Donna Pollard Nov 24, 2008

I have been done the same way...I can't reach anyone, and the bank told me that they had to actually deduct the money from my account before I could file a complaint about it instead of blocking them. I did get the free trial today..the last day I had to cancel the free trial offer...now I'm sure the charge will be there...TOTAL SCAM, and even if it works, I now want no part of it and don't know what to do...maybe we should let Rachael Ray know. If it's made aware live, then maybe that would help???
    Donna
    (the things we are willing to do to try to loose weight for the holidays!!)

• Valerie Nov 21, 2008

I had heard from a cousin that the Acai berry juice was wonderful, fabulous, out of this world. After reading all of the information he had sent to us, I decided to go on the internet to do some research of my own. The 'juice' would sell for approx. $80/bottle, or that relates to $180/month for one individual at the portions they recommended.

After reading much information on the internet, I went the way that a number people have gone and ordered a free trial bottle of Acai Berry 500 tablets. Free for just $3.95 shipping and handling. The tablets didn't do anything for me. On their web page I did read that we had to cancel our 'membership' within 14 days or we would receive a supply monthly and an automatic charge to our credit card for $89.31. Well, I tried and tried to call the telephone number provided on the insert and printed on the bottle without success. Either the number was unavailable at the time or the circuits were overloaded, continually.

The insert in the free shipment, states 'Feel free to call us to re-order for a friend or if you simply have health questions. We are always helpful and hassle free Guaranteed!!!'.. 'thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will be charged... I understand that I may cancel any future shipments.

That is if I were able to reach them.

• Db
    D Bradford Nov 20, 2008

I too received the trial product, and 2 days later received a full bottle and was charged on my credit card 89.31. After many calls, I finally got a hold of customer service (after a very lengthy wait)between 6-8p.m. MST, and was told if I returned the product they would credit my acccount--They gave me a confirmation number and we will see if they keep their word on my next billing. I am disappointed in this type of deceptive marketing and will be very skeptical of ever ordering product on a trial basis again. Even if the product is good, I feel taken advantage of.

Charlotte Nov 20, 2008

I stupidly signed up for the "free trial" of this product not only did i not recieve the "free trial' but they have since taken out of my account the full price of the product. I have rung the number numerous times and have had no luck. The worry that they will continue to take money from my account is very real. It is wrong that this company is allowed to do this i have researced numerous websites about how to cancel this onec and for all but have had no luck, please help.

mary Nov 18, 2008

Ordered a free sample 21 September. They sent out a full shipment on September 27 and another on October 5 without authorization. The person "Noreen" said that it was my fault because I did not cancel. They will only give one refund - so the other shipment is just stolen money. The second bottle is not even the same stuff as the first!

I will file a dispute with the credit card company and hopefully will get my $89.31 back. Of course time will tell if "Noreen" really canceled the future shipments.

I was able to get through very easily - but I called the number shown above about 30 minutes before they close - at 9PM Mountain time.

• Valerie Nov 18, 2008

I saw on Oprah about acai berry and all of the benefits to your body! SO I went on-line to search for it and found a free trial! YAY!! COOL! And then I ordered it, and waited for two weeks and two days. I ordered it Oct. 16, 2008. It wasn't shipped from Florida until Oct. 27, 2008. I received it today (Nov. 3). I looked on my bank statement and I was charged $118.86 from someone I didn't even know! I also received a letter in it saying that if I didn't cancel my subscription to extreme acai berry in fourteen days of it being ordered, that they would charge me $89.31. They shipped it, giving it two days from the time that I needed to cancel the subscription. I received it Nov. 3, 6 days AFTER I had the option to cancel. On my bank statement it said that I was charged on my credit card for $118.89 from 'YOUR VIP FIT.' What the heck is a VIP FIT? I quickly called the acai company and told them that I would like a refund, they said it would take 14 business days. And I told them the amount I was charged and the date. They said that they only charged $89.31 on that day. I said no, my statement definately says $118.86, and they said that it wasn't them and told me to call a different number, so I called it and got nothing. But it was odd the way she told me the number. I was expecting the last four digits, and only received 3. So I said '770?' and she repeated '7770.' I found that really odd, maybe she made the number up? I have no made any action, but plan to go to the bank first thing tomorrow morning to see what they could do! I'm a student at university, I can't afford to lose $118 out of my pocket for nothing! I'm really worried, and hopefully some action can be made, because I will fight this!!

Job search Nov 17, 2008

This is the smartest thing you can do, and fast!
    After reading the fine print! which you should(i should) have done before sending info and pressing process order, checking complaints on company and panicking, called 1-800 number and no one answered, emailed, and no one replied.
    so I called Visa's fraud center, and changed my card number!! as simple as that, so the bogus company will only get the 6$ shipping charge, and then that's my fault for being so stupid!! I dont even need to lose more than 10 pounds, so back to the good old fashioned stair master!!
    To everyone, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is!
    act fast, and dont give your card number to these jerks! and most of all, dont get caught up in FREE TRIAL OFFERS!!!
    sylvie

• Al
    Alexa Nov 10, 2008

I also had this problem and I spent 23 minutes on hold today to reach a person in their cancellation department. When I did there was not any hassle to cancel, but after reading this I am concerned that there might be. However I did receive a confirmation number.
    Here are the two numbers I found, maybe they will help you.

[protected] (customer service)
    [protected] (I got a person and canceled on this line)
    Good luck~

• Valerie Nov 07, 2008

I purchased the trial bottle for $3.95. After trying the product with no results, I tried to call the number listed [protected] on the order (which was bogus) and the number listed on my charge [protected] and was never able to get through. My card was then charged $89.31.

Could not locate a website and have contacted my card rep to dispute the charge.

• Sh
    shagufta Nov 06, 2008

ORDERED TRIAL PRODUCT ONLINE FOR $5.95 ON 18 OCT 2008. SCHEDULEDD DELIVERY DATE 23OCT 2008. WHEN PRODUC T NOT ARRIVED BY THAT DATE, CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER PROVIDED. PHONE LINE CLICKED DEAD EACH TIME I CALLED. SEARCHED INTERNET AND PANICKED WHEN SAW BAD REVIEWS. CALLED CREDIT COMPANY TO STOP THE CHARGE. YET TODAY 5 NOV SAW THE CHARGE OF $5.95 AND SAMPLE NOT ARRIVED YET. I AM SURE I WLL SEE FUTURE CHARGES TOO AS I AM OUT OF THE 14 DAY TRIAL PERIOD TO CANCEL . WHAT AM I TO DO ? WHERE AM I TO CALL AND CANCEL. I AM FREAKING OUT NOW. ONLY OPTION LOOKS LIKE CANCELLING THE CREDIT CARD.CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE.

• La
    lauran Oct 27, 2008

So I had to make alot of phone calls but here try this # out for acai berry [protected] I did get through to someone after holding over an hour...had to argue with ronald as to why I wanted to cancel...only after I requested a confirmation # did he give me one...hope this helps and hope it works!

• Mi
    Mila Sulivan Oct 24, 2008

When I get the free trial & paid $1.00 shipment on line, I did not know this company will automatically ship & charge my card monthly. I called the customer [protected]) until now I could not get hold of them to cancell the automatic shipment & charge.

Can you help me get hold of this company . The confirmation order for the free trial # 2700733. It does not state that there will automatic shipment.

The product is shipped through UPS. Address:

Fullfillment - 4650 SW 51st St. Bay 711 Davie Fl 33314

• Ro
    Ronda Oct 23, 2008

I bought the ssam of the 3.95 for the 14 day trial.. then lost my job. The day I went to call in about cancelling they already took the 89.95 out of my account and I havent been able to get ahold of them on ANY number that I have been givin.

Is cancelling your current card and having another re-issued the ONLY way to stop them? I cant afford to loose anymore money and lame ### scams for my health.

Please let me know if there is any other way to stop them .. going through and changing all account info is time consuming and a headache.
    Thanks