Express Flooring Logo

Express Flooring

Having problems with Express Flooring?

Express Flooring reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 9, 2008. The latest review Poor installation practices was posted on Jan 19, 2021. The latest complaint laminate floor was resolved on Sep 03, 2014. Express Flooring has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 46 reviews. Express Flooring has resolved 15 complaints.

Express Flooring Customer Service Contacts

4110 W Washington St., Ste 100
Phoenix, Arizona
Tucson Warehouse
4201 S Santa Rita Ave. № 101, Tucson, Arizona, 85714, United States

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Express Flooring Customer Service. Initial Express Flooring complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Express Flooring above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Express Flooring. Discuss the issues you have had with Express Flooring and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Express Flooring Complaints & Reviews

Express Flooring laminate floor

We had laminate flooring installed in our living room, dining room, hall, and master bedroom. The flooring is separating at the seams, peeling, and splitting in many areas. We contacted the manager of express flooring and also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The manager said the problem with the floor was caused by the way we were cleaning it. We used the mop and cleaning product provided by Express Flooring. They sent their technician out to see the floors and he agreed there was a defect with the laminate flooring that was used. They offered to replace the floor but we would be responsible for the installation and labor fees. This was not acceptable to us. We now have floors that are chipped, peeling and splitting. I would not recommend Express Flooring to anyone. The way they talked to my husband and me is unacceptable. Any reputable company would try to correct the problem to the customers satisfaction. Why didn't the manager come to our home himself. Both technicians he sent were stumped. My advice "Stay Away From Express Flooring".

• Lo
      LORI HANON Apr 08, 2015

Installation was a joke, could see all the seams, they have now been here 4 time to "fix" and i am still not satisfied. . . What a joke of a company. . . I want my money back, so i can get a real company.

• Gn
      gnemack Aug 24, 2010

They damaged one of my appliances during an installation and refuse to pay me for the parti I purchased to fix it Erik Vance is no customer service rep. thic company does not have any customer service once they have your money, it ig gone never to be seen again

Express Flooring horrible customer service

I had express install carpet and vinyl. I was told it had a 45 year guarantee it was installed last November I have been trying to get it fixed since Feb. and still nothing. Vinyl is ripped coming up in place and carpet is wrinkled across the whole room. it looks like I have had it for 20 years. Their customer service is the worst in the industry. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone in fact i would love to let people know just what a rip off they are. I have contacted channel 3 news to see if they will do a story so other hardworking people will not be scammed by them
    . THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS AT ALL!!!

Express Flooring — poor carpet and warranty

Carpet installed in less that a year has wear on it. A carpet that we were told by sales man would not...

Express Flooring — horrible customer service and follow up

Do not buy from the company!!! Wish I had seen this board before I bought from them. Sure they come right out...

Express Flooring — after sale non-support

We had dealt with Express Flooring on a smaller job about a year and a half ago, and aside from having to...

Express Flooring carpet delivered, not carpet signed for

Do not buy from this company! We signed the contract and set a date for the install, which was 2 days later. He confirmed that the carpet was in stock. The next day we found out that the carpet was not in stock and set the appointment for a week out. They cancelled again because they didn't receive enough for our home. They received the carpet the next day, but were late for our morning appointment.

We then realized that the carpet they were bringing did not match the carpet that we signed for. They explained how they need to change the name of the carpet to avoid the competition from other companies, but it was indeed the name brand carpet that we paid for. The carpet, however, wasn't near as plush as the name brand carpet was, even though we paid for the plush carpet as stated in the contract.

They offered another option, but that would be another week before they could install it. Our old carpet was already removed and with 4 children (one had already stepped on the exposed tack strips) we could not wait. We offered to pay for the removal of the carpet, which the salesperson said would only cost $20 (not wanting us to remove it ourselves), but they declined and said they would call us after the weekend and decide on a fair price.

Their fair price for removing old, after trying a bait and switch, was half the price of the entire contract. They then threatened to take us to court with their lawyers. They were very unprofessional as we offered to even pay $100 for their labor. They just laughed and said they would see us in court.

Their customer service is horrible. They were not honest in their contract. Do not attempt to work with this company. Chances are, you will not be the exception and happen to receive decent service.

Express Flooring laminate flooring falling apart

Express Flooring came to our home to give us an estimate on flooring. We explained that we wanted to replace our "builder" linoleum and carpet with something more suitable to our lifestyle. We explained to the salesman that we needed something that would stand up to our large dogs drooling and their nails and we wanted it to last us a long time. I told the salesman that I liked the wood plank look but anything would work as long as it was durable. He promptly went out to his car and brought back linoleum samples. (Apparently he wasn't listening).

He said, yes this is stronger than what you have and "look it has linoleum that looks like wood". We told him NO! He then went and got samples of Laminate. He said this is very sturdy and it won't scratch (He took out his keys and ran it over the surface to show us). I was then sold on this material. What he forgot to mention is that it doesn't like any type of wetness! Did he not see our big dogs and their water dish? So we signed a purchase contract and were happy that it came with a free "cruise" (A joke in and itself!!! Nothing free about it!).

So the installers came out and worked for a few hours (they showed up when the day was half over). They explained they would finish the next day. We were not happy, since it's supposed to be "Express" flooring. The next day they still did not finish and said they were short a few boxes of flooring and would have to pull from some other inventory to have enough. So day 2 goes by and floor not done. Day 3 and they tell us they ran out of "baseboard trim". They made us run to Home Depot to pick this up which was very unprofessional, but at this point I wanted this project DONE!

They worked until almost 11:00 p.m. and finally left. I was so tired from the 3 days of my house being torn up and I quickly signed the installation slip just so they would leave and I could go to bed. We had to put everything back, sweep etc... ourselves. The floor was decent for a few months, but then I noticed it started separating at the joints and the edges were lifting (almost like the top layer was peeling at the edges). We lived with it for a while but as it got worse I finally decided we needed to do something about it. We had someone come out for service.

He literally told us we were not properly taking care of the floor and he hit the boards with a rubber mallet to get them to go back together. (I was not home during this process). A few more months went by and again it worsened. We had another person come out and he sympathized with us saying he agreed that this flooring probably should not have been sold to us. It's more suitable for families with little or no activity (He chuckled and said "seniors"). He said if he knew Express Flooring, they would want to make this right for us! They have a good reputation for fixing the problems"! Guess what, I just got a letter in the mail "denying my claim".

They will not fix or replace anything and I'm stuck having to pay almost $10, 000.00 for flooring that is falling apart and looks like hell! I will now be hiring an attorney! Thanks for standing by your products! Don't trust them and don't buy from them!!! Wish I had looked them up before purchasing anything. Oh and the "free" cruise will cost you $50.00 to even process your vacation request. I never took it any further than that. Why should I have to pay $50.00 for something that says "free"! That is a red flag right there! This company sucks! Ripoff!!!

• Do
            dodiepal Mar 15, 2013

CONTACT THE ARIZONA REGISTRAR OF CONTRACTORS AND FILE A COMPLAINT. I FILED 2 COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB AND NOTHING HAPPENED. AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF TRYING TO GET THEM TO DO THEIR JOB CORRECTLY, I FINALLY FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE REGISTRAR OF CONTRACTORS AND THAT WOKE THEM UP. The ROC can pull Express's license if they get too many complaints against them. Web site for Registrar of Contractors: http://www.rc.state.az.us/ phone number: [protected] and Toll Free outside Maricopa County within Arizona: [protected]

Express Flooring — horrible service

I purchased carpet from Express Flooring and had it "installed" near the end of May 2012 in four bedrooms of...

Express Flooring — outrageous costs

My experience with Express Flooring was a very negative one. Here is what happened to me; judge for yourself...

Express Flooring customer service

The company had 2 weeks before installation date. They led us to believe that installation would take place "first thing in the am". I had a call mid morning saying that installers would not be here until 2pm. I had rearranged my schedule so I was available. I also have a large Doberman that needs to be kept on a leash while strangers are in the house. 2 Pm came and went with no call to update me. I called company at 230 and they said the job was in progress!! REALLY, because they were not at my house. Then she said she would call them. They said they are "on their way"... but how much longer? I was not told. At 3 pm I made another call to the Express number as I was speaking with the lady they crew arrived. I tried to explain that it is common courtesy to call when you know you are going to be late.. it was to no avail as the crew cannot speak English. I called company back to explain this to them as they must not know this. Also made a complaint to a manager named Henry. They installed floor and did a good job... but when they asked me to come and view ... it was not finished!!! They came to the job without all of the supplies and said the transition pieces are "special order"... well they had 2 weeks to "get them in" and should not have come to the job unprepared. I would have to call the next am and book another time for them to come and finish. This will of course mean for me to rearrange my life YET another day. No one called me back to apologize. I received a call the next morning saying they are sending "a guy" out to finish the job will I be home... yes I will have to be home. Very unprofessional service. VERY POOR customer service.

Express Flooring — sales

An Express Flooring salesperson recently came to our house for an in-home estimate. He was due to show up...

Express Flooring poor customer service/ employees lie

Four hours late on first day of install.

Five hours late on second day of install due to a "tire blowout" on the freeway. No problem, things happen. But five hours to change/fix a flat? Really? I don't think so. When they arrived, my wife was talking to the installers and discovered that they never had a blowout, but they were called in to help on another job.

I was furious, and I called the head dispatcher "Tony, " who was immediately defensive. He claimed it was the first he had heard of the situation. He "investigated" and offered no apology. Installation was finally finished at 11pm because he forced his installers to stay late.

No follow-up call about our horrible installation experience, despite shelling out a chunk of cash for the wood floor. I filed a complaint with the BBB for lying and decieving customers and for poor customer service (their call center is horrible). Finally got a response, and Express Flooring claimed I "accused" them of lying the moment they called to inform me of the "blowout." They completely shifted the blame to me, THE CUSTOMER! Unnacceptable way of doing business. I've rejected their BBB resolution until I get a response with integrity.

This company could have earned my business for tile installation (and word of mouth to multiple friends and family in the area) but they blew it with their horrible customer service. You don't lie to customers, and you definitely don't call your customers liars.

Express Flooring — lying sales rep

During the sales pitch the sales rep (Chris) showed us this very professional and well created PowerPoint...

Express Flooring disappointed in customer service

Express flooring was my first choice for getting new carpet. And when I filled out the free estimate form online I was pleased to get such a fast response from Heather Emerson (Phoenix, AZ) But after being put on hold immediately and then somehow I was transfered to another employee, Cassandra.
              I was incredibly upset with how i was treated and how she wasn't listening to my requests what so ever. and when she went to scold one of her employees about how I was transfered to her ... she didn't even bother to place me on hold. I found her so unprofessional, I told her I would rather go through another company now. Shortly after hanging up the phone i received an email from Heather Emerson, I assumed and was hoping it as an apology, but it was actually an email Heather Emerson had sent out to her department and accidentaly sent to me...this is the email i received:

Website Feedback Form: Website Lead ( Page)

nbox
              Reply: Heather Emerson to me
              show details 4:28 PM (34 minutes ago)
              Was on the phone, put call on hold because other lines where ringing, Cassandra pick up the call when it rang back. We both think it was a kid because she sounded like she was 7 years old & she gave us different answers.
              Heather M. Emerson Customer Services
              Express Home Services
              4110 W. Washington St. Suite #100
              Phoenix, AZ 85009
              Phone: [protected] Ext 3018
              [protected]
              Fax [protected]

I am amazed at how careless, rude and unprofessional these employees were all because of my voice... I am VERY upset. My voice is something I can't change... I hope they don't treat everyone they speak to like this.

Express Flooring mismanagement/customer service

A complete fiasco! I contracted with Express Flooring to install hardwood floors in three bedrooms. Terms of the contract included the moving of all furniture and the removal of all carpeting. The install was scheduled to take two days (Saturday, Monday). I was told that the install crew would arrive between 9:00-11:00 am. I called for an updated ETA at approximately noon. I was told that the material for the job was still en route to Tucson from Phoenix and would be arriving "soon", which meant that the install crew would not be arriving on time. Next, received a call and was told that the truck carrying the material had a blowout and was stuck in Casa Grande. The service associate stated that the install crew was going to drive to Casa Grande to pick up the material and then come to me home for the install. When I called back again for another ETA the service associate advised me that the install crew had been working on another install that morning, which took longer than expected, and that that was the reason they were running late (so much for the "blown tire" story). Because it was getting so late, I took it upon myself to move all of the furniture and pull up the carpeting just to speed up the process a bit. Good thing I did! The crew arrived at my home after 2:00 pm and finished up the master bedroom just after 9:00 pm, on a Saturday! Then, because the glue was not yet dry, we could not move the furniture back into the master bedroom, which meant that my wife and I got to sleep on the living room floor that night. Monday morning, the install crew arrived, right on time, and promptly began working on the second of three bedrooms. I then learned that not enough material had been ordered, meaning that the third bedroom would not be finished until a later time. How will this pathetic story end? I'll let you know when, or maybe I should say "if", it ever gets done. One thing is certain, Express Flooring is a terrible company and should be avoided at ALL COSTS! The only positive comment I can make is that the actual install crew, led by Mario (last name unknown), worked very hard and did a great job on the floor. This entire disaster was clearly due to mismanagement at the hands of Colin (last name unknown, [protected]).

• Do
                    dodiepal Jul 01, 2011

File a complaint with the Registrar of Contractors. Express is scared to death of them, because the ROC can pull their license to do business. I found for months with those crooks about the awful job they did for me and finally the Attorney General's office here in Phoenix told me to go to the ROC. I filed my complaint and Express came running - it's the only way to get their attention. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Express Flooring — fraud

We had carpet and vinyl flooring installed on September 13, 2010. After one week the carpet showed wear -...

Express Flooring — refund not processed

I had a presentation of installing laminate flooring in my home on 7/28/10 at which time I placed a $700...

Express Flooring installation repair-flooring replacement

Ok they called me within 2 days of me posting this complaint and filing with the BBB. I spoke to a Jake on Tuesday and he said himself or another supervisor Tracy would be coming out and personally inspecting my floor on Wednesday between 9am-11am. I get a phone call from a John saying he is leaving now and would be at my house in 30 minutes!!! Who the heck is John, well he is an inspector NOT a manager who stated he just found about coming to my house today! I call Jake and he said that Tracy didn't come in to work today so he couldn't leave and that John knew about coming to my house about an hour ago. I ask why didn't Jake call me???????? Why didn't any manager call me?????? Again I sit around waiting for them to show up!!! These people are RIDICULOUS!!! BEWARE - don't waste your time with them, IT IS NOT WORTH IT

Express Flooring flooring replacement

Over a month ago I called Express Flooring because the laminate flooring was lifting in my office and chipped a corner of the flooring. An installer came to inspect and found that there were other areas where it was lifting. He said he would take the info back to the office and they would call to schedule a repair. A week went by and I never heard anything, so I called them back. They said they would have someone call me. On August 12th a customer service guy called me around 3:30p and asked me to go over what the issue was because there had been a communication mixup in the office. I told him again what the issue was and what the installer had said. He scheduled another visit for the following Tuesday to have the floor inspected again. On Tuesday the 17th, the same installer came with tools in hand, however, I only had a few pieces of extra flooring (and he had stated, at his original visit, that he was going to need several boxes) he did not have any extra flooring and I was totally unaware that he was coming to repair as the CSR told me they coming to inspect again, therefore, the office was not empty for the installer to repair, nor did he have what he needed to do the job in the first place. Again, the installer left and said someone would be calling me. A few days later I received a call from Nick to schedule a repair on Tuesday the 24th between 8am - 10am. Tuesday morning I get a call from Nick stating that the installer was not going to be out until 2pm-4pm. I had already taken apart my office (I work from home and this is a VERY BIG INCONVENIENCE). The installer shows up around 3pm with two other installers and they start saying that the lifting is due to water damage. I explain to them that there has been NO water damage in this house. Then they say that the product is discontinued and they don't have anymore product. They left stating that someone would call me. By Friday, August 27th I still did not hear from anyone so I called them again. Ofcourse a supervisor was not available and someone would call me. I get a call from Nick again and now they are stating that the lifting is from my chair rolling over it. Now this is supposed to be a product with a 40 year warranty, and since it isn't water damage like they first implied, now its my chair that has caused the laminate (not the board) but the laminate to lift and chip. However, there are other areas that were covered by a rug that are lifting too. They are saying that because of this it is not covered under warranty and since the product is discontinued we would have to replace the whole floor!!! The customer service is absolutely terrible, never calling and ignoring the situation because they don't know how to handle it and then they keep changing the story!!!

jayvanderford Jun 18, 2012

I had laminate wood and a rolled product placed in my entire home, while the sales person stated there would be thresholds placed between the doors and divided living room from the kitchen, it was not written and therefore not done, shame on me, but they then acted as though myself and wife were liars.

The flooring is buckling everywhere, they sent the installers out again to make some efforts at fixing it, they did some work and told my wife that's as good as they can get it, still buckling.

To top this whole experience off, this house was completely empty, because we are remodeling it, i had two of the closet doors off and stored in the master bedroom closet, they were moved by the installers into the kitchen when it was complete, i know this because i went there for lunch with a colleague to see the progress, after which i returned with my wife at approximately 5PM, the floor was nearly complete and the doors were no longer in the kitchen.

The following Saturday, my wife an i went to continue to put the house back together, my job was to hang the last two closet doors, they are no where to be found, again, shame on me for believing the sales person when he told me their employees were trust worthy and we didn't need to be there.

JacqueR Sep 01, 2010

Express Flooring — beware of this company - horrible service

As of 6/19/10, this company has an"F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. This company provided extremely...