Menu

complaints

Expedia Complaints Summary

119 Resolved
1298 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Expedia with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Expedia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Expedia. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Expedia complaints 1417

Sort by:

Newest Expedia complaints

L
3:02 pm EDT

Expedia Flight Cancellation with no Refund

Iberia 7459 11:30am Madrid, Spain (MAD-Adolfo Surarez Madid-Barajas to London, England, UK (LHR-Heathrow)

Economy/Coach, selected seats 30C and 30B extra charge paid

Sat, Sep 9, 11:30am - 12:55pm

Expedia sent notice that Iberia Airlines had cancelled this flight and we would have to cancel or call them to reschedule this flight. We chose not to use Expedia for the replacement flight, and we would allow the cancellation to go forth. However, when we telephoned Expedia to inquire about our refund, we were told we had to cancel the entire trip that started on August 14 to Florence, Italy, then Naples to Madrid, then the cancelled flight from Madrid to London, and final flight from Heathrow to Baltimore, MD. We are being denied a refund for the cancelled Iberian flight, being told the only way we can apply for a refund is if we cancelled the entire flight. I would never use Expedia again and would strongly suggest that no one else use this company.

Desired outcome: Refund of cancelled tickets for myself and husband

P
3:17 pm EDT

Expedia The cancelation policy

To whom it may concern, I made a reservation for my wife to stay in Deerfield Beach for (4) days on 7/23/23, her son was in a massive car accident and totaled his POV, but I did realize I had entered the wrong dates I wanted 7/26/23-7/30/23, exactly ten minutes after getting the confirmation email and texts I immediately called Expedia customer support and tried for over an hour to get the dates changed, which I even spoke to a quote unquote Expedia supervisor (Pablo) I.D. number (the one he gave me (2350) Both the hotel and Expedia would not budge on changing the dates even though there was availability to do so. In the end they said we cannot do it, so we ate the 500 plus dollar reservation. DoubleTree by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton was the hotel, the confirmation number was [protected], here is the standard cancelation which honestly most vendors / Hotels have at the very least a 24-hour free cancelation policy.

Cancel your reservation before Jul 24 at 6:00pm, and you'll get a full refund.

After that, you'll be charged for the first night of your stay plus taxes and fees.

Times are based on the property’s local time.

Since I am a retired Military service member this who experience has completely turned me off from ever using Expedia again for any reason.

Desired outcome: Fairfield by Marriott Inn & Suites Deerfield Beach Boca Raton2.5 star property.

S
2:59 pm EDT

Expedia Car rental

I used the Expedia service to rent a car from Sixt on July 10, 2023. We were to pick up the car in Ft. Myers, Florida on July 17, 2023 and return it to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on July 22, 2023. The itinerary number was [protected] with Expedia. I paid the entire amount $445, as it was my intention to try to skip the line at the counter. However, I reviewed all the information that was requested and decided not to give all the information at that time.

When I arrived at the Sixt counter, I told them my name and gave them my credit card and driver's license. To my surprise, my driver's license had expired about a week before. I was told I could not rent the car and that the contract would not be honored. My wife requested to be named the driver and take over the rental. We were told to contact Expedia.

My wife, talked to May on the phone for 48 minutes on a recorded call. She said that Nelson at the Sixt counter cancelled the original rental. My wifed talked to Nelson at the counter and May said she talked to her superiors and there was discussion about who needed to cancel the rental. After Nelson cancelled the rental, May needed to talk to Sixt customer service. May said someone from Expedia would call in the next 72 hours.

We did get an email that said our refund request was denied. We did not get a phone call.

I have since gotten my license renewed by paying a fee. We rented from Sixt for the same fee for a smaller car. I would like a refund for the entire amount for the above itinerary number.

Desired outcome: refund

S
1:40 pm EDT

Expedia Credit to my account

back in feb 7 2023 i had a room book with hotel.com the room i book the day i was leaving was cancel on me. so when i called i talk with a women name tina and the next thing i know i was switch over to booking .com why i have no idea. so now i good to use my credit and they tell me it was given to hotel.com which was never explain to me. so can someone give me a direct phone number or contact me and we can discuss this matter further. the room that was book for me was premiere haven at shell residences confirmation # [protected]. though expedia services that she book for me. so again, why was my credit send to hotel. com i hope to hear back from someone soon.

thank you.

steve delamar

30A pineville rd

central islip ny 11722

phone [protected]

e mail [protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: what happened to credit.

N
5:50 pm EDT

Expedia I have been charged twice for the a reservation.

I have been trying to talk to a human being and that seems to be impossible. I have a charge on June 25 and June 12 for the same motel. I called the motel and they said that they agency that booked the reservation must fix it. EXCEPT I CANT GET A HOLD OF AN AGENT AT EXPEDIA. I also can't believe they wanted to charge me to get help with the mistake that was made by Expedia.

Desired outcome: All I want to do is talk to someone that can answer my questions, not repeat my questions.

Q
5:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia I can't sign into expedia using the chrome browser and there's no way to talk to a person

I spent all afternoon trying to sign in to my Expedia account using Chrome on a MacBook Pro and was completely unsuccessful. I tried to use their Virtual Agent but it just kept telling me I needed to sign in. When I clicked on the "Sign in" button, it asked for my email, which I gave it, and then sent me a code. When I input the code, it sent me back to the "sign in" page. I did this repeatedly. Eventually I managed to get a virtual agent without signing in, and she told me to close all my windows, restart, delete cookies, and try again. This was also a bust, but now I can't even get past the virtual agent to talk to a person anymore. I'm pretty pissed off. I started trying different browsers and finally managed to get on using Firefox, but I can't log into my work email with Firefox and Chrome is pretty mainstream, so I don't understand why Chrome doesn't work. But the most annoying thing is that you can't reach a person. I emailed the address you showed and they don't use it anymore and an automated response sent me right back to the "Sign in" page. I really hate them right now.

Desired outcome: Either fix their website so it works or make it possible to talk to an actual person.

6:50 pm EDT

Expedia Reservation canceled

My reservation was canceled by Expedia (confirmed by the hotel) without my consent or knowledge. Cutstomer service was extremely rude and of zero help. They argued with me and had me on hold for over an hour stating that I cancelled the reservation, which is completely false. The customer service chat function is also atrocious. Absolutely horrible experience, and I will never use Expedia again. I will be telling everyone I know to avoid Expedia.

Desired outcome: Fix the issue, hire better customer service, and leave customers’ reservations alone.

N
10:46 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Unable to use flight credit

I had to contact the BBB in order for Expedia to recognize me as a customer. The iternary # I have is over a year old and was erased from their system. After the initial contact, unfortunately I closed my complaint with the BBB. This was a mistake. Although Expedia is in agreement that I have an airline credit through them for a United Airline flight they are unwilling to complete my booking with the airline. They will not honor the prices listed on their website. I can see many flights available on the United Airlines site that are less money than my credit. However, Expedia claims they don't have access to these particular flights. The only flights that are available to Expedia are flights that I would have to pay an outrageous amount of money in addition to my credit. They do not answer the Travel Resolution phone # or the connection is so poor that it's impossible to communicate. They are very slow to answer me through email. By the time they respond to the email the flight prices have changed again. I feel certain that they are waiting for the credit to expire so they can keep all my money. My case # is [protected].

Desired outcome: Book my trip using my credit. I will not pay any additional money. Or give me a voucher from United Airlines and I will book my own flight. Or refund me $660.

A
2:08 pm EDT

Expedia Arrange flights to South America

Booked a flight from JFK airport to Cheddi Jagen airport in Guyana with Expedia.com arrived late for the flight at JFK missed the trip we got credit to take the flight within 1 year . When we wanted to use the credit to go to Guyana we were told you have credits one way only. That’s not fair & correct they couldn’t compromise on there mistake and there for we loose out on all our money

Desired outcome: Want a full refund

Update by Angelo Barnett
Jul 14, 2023 2:09 pm EDT

Don’t Book with Expedia it’s a waste of your time book with the airline save your $$$

C
9:10 am EDT

Expedia Motel41

I went to stay at a motel41 on hwy41 just so I can get a break from my roommate and write my college essay in peace. Well the room was infested in roaches! I went to the front desk. They told her to tell the lady I was checking out because I do not sleep with cockroaches nor bedbugs they carry so many diseases.! and when I went to the lady in the office, all she did was laugh and gave a room right beside it. It was infested as well all in the outlet covers was from bed bugs or roaches dropping. I packed up all my belongings into a plastic bag and sealed it shut. So when I got home, it all went into a hot water wash because if I brought any roaches or bedbugs home from being there, a few hours I will be suing.

Desired outcome: I want my money back. They said they gave me my 50 back already on my card . They did not !

9:21 am EDT

Expedia Reservation cancelled

10/7/20203

9:30pm - using a virtual assistant I was attempting to see the change and cancellation options for my reservation. I clicked a button that said 'Cancellation Options' the next prompt I received said 'Flights only, hotel only, both'

I selected 'hotel only' The next message I saw was reservation cancelled. In between the prompts I had selected was new information not previously visible, stating that the reservation was non-refundable would I like to proceed in cancelling. I then asked to be connected to an agent as I had no intention of cancelling the reservation. They informed me I needed to contact the hotel directly and provided a phone number.

9:40pm - called the hotel directly spoke with Joanna in reception she informed me that the reservation was in her system and no cancelation request had been received. I followed up with an email directly to the hotel to have this report in writing.

10:48pm - received a response from the hotel stating the reservation had been cancelled by the third party Expedia

11/7/23

7:30am - located a contact number for Expedia and spoke with a staff member for approximately 40minutes, they informed me that they would contact the hotel directly to see if they could reinstate the booking and indicated the price may differ, I would receive an email or call by the end of the day.

5pm - contacted the hotel to see if they received the request, they asked for some time to look through their emails.

9pm - received and email from the hotel stating they had not received any correspondence from Expedia.

Called Expedia to find out why they had not contacted the hotel. The customer service operator was at a lose as to why they had not contacted the hotel. I was transfer to a supervisor, who called the hotel while I was on the line.

She then informed me that it was too late to rectify the situation as the cancellation was processed yesterday. I informed her that I spoke with an agent immediately asking for the cancelation not to be processed, spoke with the hotel immediately asking for the cancelation not to be processed and spoke with one of their team members earlier that day.

She insisted that as soon as the website received the cancelation request, the booking was cancelled, which is untrue as I spoke to the Hotel immediately and it had not been.

To summarise my complaint I believe that the Virtual Assistant glitched not providing me with the correct information, I do not believe I provided consent, I believe that the first Customer Service assistant provided me with incorrect information and failed to contact the Hotel on my behalf. \

As a result of the actions of the Expedia team and website it was deemed to late to resolve and I was left with no accommodation and out of pocket $1980.

Desired outcome: Full refund and apology for the inconvenience and stress cause.

A
9:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Expedia says united charges $99 for change fee on economy ticket; united says they don't.

I bought a United Airlines economy class ticket from Expedia (second option after the non-refundable basic economy). I made sure to pay extra for it, and the Expedia site confirmed I was purchasing a ticket with NO FEES for chaging the ticket.

One month later, when modifying the ticket I get a message on Expedia saying the airline may charge $99 for changing it. So I check the United Airlines website and states they no longer charge fees for changes if the ticket is Economy or above. My ticket IS economy.

Nonetheless, I still get charged $99 when I proceed.

I contact customer service and the person from the overseas chat center states it's United Airlines' policy to charge $99. Moreover, I purchased the lowest type of non-refundable ticket, which I did NOT.

I mention that United has no longer change fees, and I did NOT purchase a non-refundable ticket.

I ask him to send me the link where he sees the $99 listed in the United website. He sends me a typed message that looks made up or from somwhere else.

I insist that he sends me an official website link. Then the agent tells me to look it up myself, and keeps insisting he cannot help and is sorry. This conversation plays over and over again until I give up because there's no point in talking to a wall.

Desired outcome: Full refund, apology, proper training of staff to new policies, updating the website so that no longer charges fees based on the airlines policies.

View 0 more photos
D
4:39 pm EDT

Expedia Incomplete reservation

On June 12th I made a reservation at the Double Tree Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport. I received a confirmation from Expedia shortly after. it was for June 23 and 24 for 5 people, deluxe suite with multiple beds. When we arrived I was told by the hotel that they never received payment and they had no vacancy. I immediately started looking for a way to contact expedia. This was around 8:30. I finally found a number to call which was answered by a virtual agent and I was placed on hold. While on hold, I continued to search for information on y ipad and finally found a chat line. It was also a virtual response, but eventually connected me to a real person who eventually connected me to an agent. She was able to find accommodations at a hotel nearby. It was a studio (one room) but we couldn't be choosy at that point. It was after 10PM and we were travelling with our 3 grandchildren. It was small and crowded, but we didn't have much of a choice. It was nice but not as nice as the place where we were supposed to stay. I would like to be reimbursed for the money I paid, All they will tell me is the hotel would have to approve. The hotel did not make the error, Expedia did. Customer service is pathetic. they offered me a $150 gift card. I told them they could keep it since I don't ever intend to use them again.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of $454.11

R
7:19 pm EDT

Expedia Refund

I reserved a room for 3 nights with Expedia. I did not know about this $159.26 cancellation fee. They charged me which the cancellation fee was more than the price of the room a night. I seen the charge and contacted the hotel, the lady stated that she can see that I booked through a third party and that’s who I would need to contact. I contacted Expedia and they said it was charged by the hotel and that’s their policy and I will not get a refund. I then contacted the hotel back and they said that’s not true. Expedia is responsible for my refund. Expedia will not give my money back and I will let all my friends and family know never use them. They are not customer service oriented. All they are worried about is getting there fee regardless.

Desired outcome: I wasn’t expecting all my money back but at least half. How do you charge a cancellation fee more than the price of the room per nightz

M
3:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Cancelled my flight without letting me know

I booked a roundtrip flight leaving Toronto to Moncton June 29 at 3:10 pm and return Moncton to Toronto July 4, I talked to virtual assistant that I am not going to make it on the departure flight because my Flair flight to Toronto was delayed for 6 hours, they told me that I will not be credited for anything and asked me to pay for adjusting the flight to a one way which does not make sense because technically, they will not spend more money if I didn't show up for the flight, the opposite of that will happen because they would be able to sell it to another passenger that is willing to pay for the higher price, I stood my ground not to pay for anything and the virtual assistant advised me that I still have the flight since I paid for it. Then today July 4, i was trying to check in for my flight and I was told that it was cancelled, it is still active even on my Expedia app and I did not even get any email that my flight was cancelled, I was told it was automatically cancelled by the system, I asked them where can I find that document that say that if I did not show up on my departure they will automatically cancel the return, the expedia representative that I am talking over the phone put me on hold and send me an email instead saying that they cancel the flight because of the no show same time when I was with her over the phone, they said Air Canada cancelled it and Air Canada was saying Expedia cancelled it, so I am left with paying for flights that I have not used. I don't know if this is the trend of business now getting money that you did not worked for, knowing that you will earn revenue double on that seat or maybe triple too, since I already paid for it then another passenger is willing to pay a higher price for it, I am just sad about where is justice and compassion about this matter.

Desired outcome: I am expecting a refund for the full amount $643.83, since you did not notify me that you cancelled my flight

View 0 more photos
B
2:21 pm EDT

Expedia 3 cancelled flights in one trip home and no response or help

Travel from STX to DUJ on 8/25/22. In total I've lost count of how many flights got cancelled on this leg. Travel was for my wife Brandy Carrier. I was messaged 5 times that "flight specialists will anser directly to me" I never got a call or message back ever. I keep poking this with a stick looking for somone to respond and at least make effort to resolve this. Each time I reach out I'm given no timeline but told someone will message me back and I never hear back,. I'm beyond annoyed by this. I've used expedia to book numerous travels in the past 10 years. I'm about done. I have new travel to book but there's no way I'm using Expedia if I don't get this resolved. Period. This is Expedia's last chance and I'll just use a competitor and spend the balance of my travel years bashing the blunt reluctance if not intentional ignoring that we've gone through. I have all the emails that have occured up to this point. A perfect outcome would be to assist us with travel credits of some type to compensate for the mishandling of all of this including the complete lack of effort to even discuss what happened since last year.

Desired outcome: Help us with our next travel with credits or round trip tickets from Pittsburgh to STX.[protected]@yahoo.com

C
4:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia I need you to release reservation numbers [protected] and [protected] from Expedia.

I booked a reservation for my niece and nephew that has a disability. They flew in from Jamaica on the twenty-third of May and I flew in on the twenty-fourth of may Open arrived at the hotel here the principal Bobby Buchanan who was in charge of the 3 children checked in however it was late he explained to me of a. Few things that he had issues and concerns with however I was already enrolled head in there and I told him I would address them.

There was an infant a child that had autism, one autism, and a physical disability. Would the mold? Being in the room the doorway was so narrow the tiles were slippery and unleveled When Maxine walks she drags her feet because of her physical disability she’s also deaf and has autism she almost tripped the bed was uncomfortable because the mattress was not sufficient her back hearted

I arrived at the hotel and went into the room it was very musky. I have asthma and immediately my eye started itching and I started sneezing. I then went to a reservation checked in explained to the lady what was going on asked if there were any other accommodations to machine for me no. Asked for a supervisor she told me there was none so I then asked where the privileged apartment was because I was also a privileged member but not. Knowing that I could have gotten a reservation. I went to the privilege section of my hair principle and I spoke with Stefania who was able to help me to locate better rooms bigger rooms and rooms. That he was more spacious, more comfortable, and suited because they did not have any accommodation for kids with disabilities, most importantly, I contacted Expedia. And I explained to them what was going on. They then told me that I needed to have the travel agency party call them they are more than willing to do the refund, but the third party had to call.

Mr. Stephania was able to get us into a room. We agreed on one price and after going over to the privilege section. The gentleman that made the reservation then indicated that I needed to pay an additional $107 to whom I did not have after paying 2354.00 an additional $215 because he made an error with the dates. I should not have paid for his error or his mistake and for that we went back and forth. I had to find someone to use a card with. We got to the hotel room I settled down when to dinner. There were a few issues and concerns and some of them are just bypassed. I still do not understand how to use the privileged club membership. But I just said that there was just so much prejudice that was present even with the room service. One of the nights the kids were so sick because of coming from the other room. And when I called for room service all day had been pastries and Burger one of them had a sensory problem and I needed. Mashed potatoes for the baby or even her and they told me they could not. The room across from us was able to order and get something else audit and Burger. They had pasta and meat and different things that I see them bring in delivered.

It was time for me to check out and come home called and was told that as a privileged member first. I was informed c that I would get a free shuttle to the airport. Then I was told by Alberto that I needed to pay $29 for a cab to take me to the airport. I paid Alberto using my card and he said it would not work. Then he said I should send cash; I send cash paying $29 for a pick asked the concierge for a wakeup call for 5 AM and for my luggage to Be picked up no one came so I called the privilege number no 1 answered that number I called a concierge. Christopher answered the phone and I explained to him that I needed to come to the lobby by six to go to the airport. He said he was going to send someone and then came out into the room with the kids. I stood where I could be able to see the cart because sometimes when the cart guys come, they go the opposite way. So, I stood around to be able to see them at all angles. No one came. I went back to the room to call the concierge no one picked up the phone, so I had to pull me. Luggage all the way up to the front of the lobby open arrival. The gentleman at the front desk Disney had on his name tag and explained to him he said no cab came and there was no cab even though I was trying to explain to Him what had happened, he said he didn’t speak English and then I asked for a supervisor he told me there was no supervisor or manager he told me there was no manager after he called a number and was on phone the person he was on phone.

Disney said “I called the room and no answer:, I said I was outside waiting for a tram to pick me up how was I supposed to answer?

I started crying and the other guest that he insisted on helping after I was there first finally stepped away. After I asked I asked her politely to please allow me to finish my transaction because I was there before her, when another guest showed up and that’s when he called for someone

When the person arrived he did not talk to me he spoke directly to Disney I asked what was the solution and the manager then walked away without even talking to me I had to call an agent to get me a cab which cost me an additional $50.

I believe that for an establishment this big there needs to be better communication and interpreters, especially in your front reception area, because almost everyone that I talk to doesn't speak English or understood English, and if you are black you get treated differently.

There need to be better accommodations for a disability. I had a challenging time with even room service that refused to make accommodations for a child with autism and sensory problems

I am requesting a refund of the taxi fare that I paid to your establishment due to no one picking up. up on time and I had to walk and drag my luggage to the lobby the taxi left

I need you to release reservation numbers [protected] and [protected] from Expedia. The rooms were not equipped for children with disabilities, they got sick, there was mold in the bathroom, and they had a hard time getting around

As a privileged club member, I was not privileged or had privileged treatment a lot and most definitely didn't experience that privilege of hospitality.

After being quoted a price and made payment o was still held up and verbally abused to pay an additional $107 because your reservation specialists made a mistake and then have to borrow money after I gave up other rooms and had nowhere else to go and I was in the office from 1 pm and didn’t get to settle until after 6 pm. Maxine was crying from her back hurting, the baby was hungry so was I but because the bands were already taken we could not go anywhere on the property.

So I was inconvenienced. Humiliated, embarrassed verbally abused, we were not listened to, had to make extra payments

Mrs. Stephania, who assisted with the membership check worked even after her clock-out time

[protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to get a refund back from you guys as the expressions state that it is you guys that won't release the reservation number.

1:26 pm EDT

Expedia Cancelled trip not reimbursed

To whom it may concern:

On July 9th 2022 I booked a flight to Memphis through Expedia for 2 people. I purchased insurance for both of these flights. The tickets alone were over $1800. no more than 48 hours later I tried to cancel the trip. Between Expedia and the Insurance company which was offered on Expedias website I began to get the run around. I was put on hold for hours at a time. After many tries to be reimbursed I was told that the tickets could not be cancelled and I would have with American airlines through Expedia. My insurance money was lost which was basically worthless anyway because Expedia refused to help resolve that issue as well even though it was offered on their website. I was told that I needed to read the fine print. Months later I tried to book another flight through Expedia using these credits. I was put on hold for hours during this process only to be told that I could not change the names on the ticket purchased. The tickets were purchased on my company credit card. I was told by Expedia that the fault lied with American airlines. I was also told I had until July 9th of 2023 to book another flight. When I went back to Expedia to book another flight I was told that the whole trip had to be concluded by July 10th 2023. I was not told this. If I had been told this I could have scheduled for it. Although the employees of Expedia were trying to be helpful it seemed the buck was passed again to Expedias policy makers. Now it looks like I will be taking a significant financial set back ($1800+) . I feel like since the minute I have been dealing with Expedia I have been pushed aside without regard. Since losing money with the insurance company that Expedia offers on their website I have not asked for my money back but only to have proper restitution with credits or vouchers. The insurance policy should have taken care of this but I had no help from Expedia in helping me and as I said was put on hold for hours when I tried only to be told it was somebody elses fault.

Desired outcome: Refund , credits or vouchers

1:52 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Unable to modify car rental booking

Booked a car through Expedia around 11:15 pm on 24 June 2023 for July 25th. Tried to change my car type from Compact to a Midsize SUV 2 hours later, but am not able to change the booking whether I use the Expedia website or the Sixt website. Was advised to cancel the booking for $100 (even though I had just booked it) and rebook what I wanted or show up to the car rental desk and ask if they have the Midsize SUV available that day. It is absolutely ridiculous that I am unable to modify the booking in any way and am required to pay a $100 cancellation fee even though I had just booked it or I can just show up and hope that the car is still available.

Desired outcome: - Modify the booking to desired vehicle- Cancel and rebook free of charge- Financial compensation If I go on my trip and am unable to rent the desired vehicle

J
11:53 am EDT

Expedia Flight cancelation

I booked online and cancelled within 24 hours as per Expedia policy for full refund. I received no refund after one month. Expedia agents now tell me to contact the airline Iberia. I contacted Iberia and they told me to contact Expedia for the refund. Expedia refuses to refund me. Itinerary #[protected].

I followed all policies and procedures. Expedia owns me $936.20 for the full refund. The onus is on Expedia to honor their 24 hours full refund policy.

Desired outcome: I want a full refund of $936.20

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Expedia?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button located at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Expedia. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotel Booking" or "Cancellation Policy Not Honored".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Expedia. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the service or product you used.
  • Specific details about any transactions, including dates, amounts, and confirmation numbers.
  • A clear description of the problem and how it has affected you.
  • Any communication you've had with Expedia's customer service, including their response or lack thereof.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue and the outcomes.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress.

Be as factual and chronological as possible to paint a clear picture of the events.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, screenshots, or confirmation numbers. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Expedia, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or from Expedia through the platform, so it's important to monitor the progress of your complaint.

Overview of Expedia customer experience

Expedia, the popular online travel booking platform, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from consumers lately. Many customers have reported issues with their bookings, such as incorrect information, overbooking, and cancellations without notice. Others have complained about poor customer service, long wait times, and unhelpful representatives. Some have even claimed that Expedia charged them more than the advertised price or failed to honor their loyalty program rewards. Overall, these problems have led to a lot of frustration and disappointment for travelers who rely on Expedia for their vacation planning needs.