Europcar Internationaldamage charges with no description

J Aug 17, 2018

Towards the end of June 2018, we landed at Merignac Bordeaux airport and picked up our Europcar rental.
We drove to our Bordeaux hotel, had a great next day in the city, but woke up the following morning to a flat tire. I changed the tire and drove back to Merignac.
"Full tank, no damage" said the polite attendant, and gave us a replacement car, which served us well for the rest of an amazing two weeks in Dordogne, Cantal, etc.
Upon returning the replacement, again "Full tank, no damage" following their inspection.
Back at home, I started seeing Europcar line items on my online credit card statement:
*Fuel Charge
*Damage Admin Fee
*Damage Surcharge
At that point, the charges were a bit over 400 Euro.

The is an option on the Europcar website to send a message describing a post-rental issue. After the automated response and waiting more than a week, I wanted to talk to a person.
It took me several hours of exploring English and French Europcar websites, calling whatever numbers I could find, bouncing back and forth between British and French reps, until I finally found someone who could talk to me in English about my issue.
My primary request: "Following the "no damage" assesment of your colleagues in Merignac, please describe the "damage" for which you are charging me."
I have now had three weekly conversations with +[protected].
In between the first and second conversation, Europcar added an additional charge:
* Damage surcharge: 169 Euro
* Damage admin fee: 60 Euro
Is anyone aware of a class action against Europcar for this kind of practice?