Complaints & Reviews

unreasonable delays with no explanation

I am in the middle of my second bad experience with etisalat internet application. Last year we moved and it took etisalat 3 months to actually connect our internet service. We received tv service immediately, but 3 months for internet! This year we had to move again and we tried to plan early so that our internet service would not be interrupted. We went there on dec. 20th and applied for a transfer. We moved on the 27th and waited for a technician. No one ever called, so on jan. 2nd we went to etisalat and tried to find out when our service would connect. We found out that the original request was not available in our new villa and after standing in 3 different lines for an hour and a half, one of the representatives told us we could get e-life in our new location. We applied for it and started waiting. On jan 10th they sent some technicians to our villa. I raced home from work to meet them, but they had come and gone before I got home. They told our maid they could not connect the service. No explanation - no information, just that they could not do it?!!! I immediately called #101 to ask our status and for what felt like the millionth time was read their typical script, "we care very much about customer satisfaction. Your application is being processed. There are some technical difficulties they are working on. They are trying to connect your service as quickly as they can. Sorry for the delay." no matter what you ask, the reps who man the phones stick to their scripts like politicians who answer, "no comment." I bet these guys would hold up well under torture. They never vary from their script by an inch. Like I said in the beginning - last year it took them 3 months to connect our service. They kept offering us a particular option, then they would try to send someone to connect and find out that we weren't eligible for various reasons, such as, the highspeed cable connection wasn't available to that villa, then the cable was there, but it was full and had no available ports. Several times they even cancelled our request because it wasn't available to us, but did not tell us our request was cancelled! We had to wait for weeks, thinking that someone was working on the problem, only to find out that it had been cancelled and no one was working on it at all! Then they made us put in a new application and would always refer to the most recent application date when I called to complain. That way, they could pretend that we had not been waiting for 3 months when they finally provided us with service. Eventually, we settled for satellite connection (slow and unreliable) but at least we could access the internet. Once again, I would settle for any type of internet connection, but if we change our request now, they will slap a new date on it and we will be back to square #1. So - we sit and we wait, while etisalat continues to sell and advertise services they can't provide. Their marketing department must be 10 times the size of their technical service department! They sell, sell, sell, but can't provide, provide, provide. (and I am convinced that this is no complaint department. Any complaints that are filed go directly into a recycle bin, because there is never any follow-up or response. The only response I received to the complaint I emailed, was that it had been received. Really? Received and promptly destroyed, I bet!

internet services

Dear etisalat,

I’m trying to transfer my internet line in khalifa city a (account number is : [protected]) since the 30th /12/2010 so far no action, I complained so many time to the branch and to 101 many but no action.
I dont know to who should I complain to get the services?

I would appreciate if somebody care from etisalat.

• Ra
    ranfar Jan 19, 2011

I am having the same problem. Last year we moved and it took etisalat 3 months to actually connect our internet service. We received TV service immediately, but 3 months for internet! This year we had to move again and we tried to plan early so that our internet service would not be interrupted. We went there on Dec. 20th and applied for a transfer. We moved on the 27th and waited for a technician. No one ever called, so on Jan. 2nd we went to etisalat and tried to find out when our service would connect. We found out that the original request was not available in our new villa and after standing in 3 different lines for an hour and a half, one of the representatives told us we could get e-life in our new location. We applied for it and started waiting. On Jan 10th they sent some technicians to our villa. I raced home from work to meet them, but they had come and gone before I got home. They told our maid they could not connect the service. No explanation - no information, just that they could not do it?!!! I immediately called #101 to ask our status and for what felt like the millionth time was read their typical script, "We care very much about customer satisfaction. Your application is being processed. There are some technical difficulties they are working on. They are trying to connect your service as quickly as they can. Sorry for the delay." No matter what you ask, the reps who man the phones stick to their scripts like politicians who answer, "No comment." I bet these guys would hold up well under torture. They never vary from their script by an inch. Like I said in the beginning - last year it took them 3 months to connect our service. They kept offering us a particular option, then they would try to send someone to connect and find out that we weren't eligible for various reasons, such as, the highspeed cable connection wasn't available to that villa, then the cable was there, but it was full and had no available ports. Eventually, we settled for satellite connection (slow and unreliable) but at least we could access the internet. Once again, I would settle for ANY type of internet connection, but if we change our request now, they will slap a new date on it and we will be back to square 1. So - we sit and we wait, while Etisalat continues to sell and advertise services they can't provide. Their marketing department must be 10 times the size of their technical service department! They sell, sell, sell, but can't provide, provide, provide.

stealth call setup charges

While applying for Myplan Etisalat did not reveal that in addition to usage charges of 30fils per minute they also had a 5 fils call setup charges.

The self confidence of a defacto monopoly. Etisalat's charges for its India operations is less than 4 fils per minute without any set up charges.

• Fo
    Fournier0110 Jan 11, 2011

To celebrate, the company first anniversary, Some commodities have been, discount .Anti-purchase at this site Any goods, we will giving a Christmas gift .In addition Buy $ 300 and receive a free glasses or a wallet, as a Christmas gift . welcome all friends to order. Reputation, quality, absolute guarantee. please log in: http://www.fashionsb.com . so what, move your mouse .

lost my etisalat prepaid sim

My full Name: Saeed ul Hassan Hussain Shah
Occupation: I have been working as a Secretary in Gulf Shipping Maritime Estbalishement, Abu-Dhabi, UAE for last 2 months.
Iqama No: 1015462
Resigned: I resigned from my services on 11.12.2010 and my visa had already been cancelled on 13.12.2010.

COMPAINTS:
I lost phone with Etisalat prepaid sim
I have been using etisalat prepaid connection: number: [protected], had lost my phone with the sim card by travelling from Tourist Club Area, Abu-dhabi to Cornish Habib Bank Limited, Abu-Dhabi on 11-12-2010 between 08:15 am to 8:45am (uae standard time). I humbly request you to block my account for avoiding the misuse of the phone by the unauthorised...

deficiency of etisalat

1- I bought a usb modem zte Etisalat last Sunday 21 Nov 2010
2- I went home to start using my usb so I followed the instruction known
3- I faced a problem on Etisalat portal during activation so I called customer support
4- After briefing the support agent, his recommended solution was to wait 48 hours till I can activate my usb modem
5- 48 hours later, I tried activating it again, the error was on Etisalat portal, when I tried to activate it says already activated and when I try to navigate the internet it says activation required so I called customers support again
6- Customers support said : “ there’s a problem and the IT department is the only department who can solve this issue and they are gone now so please give us 24 hours and the issue will be solved
7- 24 hours later, I tried using it and it gave me the same error “ activation required “ when I tried activating it, it said already activated
8- I called the customers support again, and after briefing the whole situation and I am really upset, his answer was “ I tried activating it and there’s an error that we cannot see the data in activation section, so please give us 24 hours to solve it for you “ so I requested that someone from the back office for complains or activation to call me and send me a detailed mail for my case and action taken to be solved at 9 am today since they start working from 9. Am
9- I waited till 11 am and no one answered to my complains or my needs so I called again and the agent said “ I will double check if its possible and I will get back at you “ and she called telling that she sent a formal mail to the department which supposed to be contact me soon and still waiting
10- And what made me laugh is when I tried to send the complaint; the website gave me the following error for 15 tries “The server is too busy now. Please try later.

الخادم مشغول الآن الرجاء المحاولة في وقت لاحق “
11- I doubt u will take any action to satisfy a regular client but I maybe helpless but I will not be hopeless
12- There’s no address for the headquarters on your website or any phones numbers to reach any kind of departments, what kind of policy is it .is it to deal with stores only, how to reach you ? through mails ?

That’s a huge number of calls to activate a usb modem and I know that’s it can be activated in the same day of purchase. I don’t know what is the policy of Etisalat toward the clients but I am quiet sure that I can find a solution and my best solution to go back to store and get my refund back.

But as Etisalat gave me hard times for 5 days, and I already have bad experience is front sales end in stores or even to reach PR Department. So I decided not to be helpless and to take an action for these acts and to represent any other clients that had faced problems with Etisalat

data plan

Etisalat is proving to be completely incompetent. We have spent over 1500 AED on their prepaid internet service via USB port. Please don't purchase this plan as it is a huge waste of money. It was 700 AED to purchase the USB modem, plus 400 AED to activate the service and 400 AED per month for 10 GB of usage. When it was time to renew the service, we spent another 400 AED and when we tried to use the internet, it showed that the balance was wiped out. So, we went to an Etisalat kiosk to inquire about the balance and they told us that we had to add more money to the card. So, we added another 200 AED and when we tried to log on again, it was unsuccessful. We spoke to a total of 6 Etisalat employees who said different things and sent us on a wild goose chase. After going to the headquarters and waiting for an hour, I was told that the account was deactivated and that the 600 AED we used to charge the card was being shown as used even though we were never able to use the internet. It is infuriating to try to get any answers from Etisalat. They are completely incompetent. I would highly recommend you use another internet provider.

roaming

I bought this line +2 [protected] mid of October from Egypt Maadi branch. I asked them if the roaming is working in Lebanon, they answered yes and it doesn't need previous activation, I just need to choose one of two networks (Mic 1 or Mtc) there then roaming will be activated. What happen when I arrived Lebanon, I found there's no such a network there called Mic 1, I mean it doesn't exist there.! They just have two networks (Alfa and Mtc). I tried for the whole day to choose network but my phone answered me "No Access!". I called Etisalat at 26/10 from my hotel in Lebanon twice (International calls!), the first time the line got cut in half of the conversation!! The second call got answered by a girl who left me on hold about 15 minutes to tell me that I have to come back to Egypt to fix the problem!! And when I told her let me speak to you supervisor, she answered that he is not available and we call me back on the same number between 30 and 60 minutes. For sure nobody called so I had to make all my calls through the hotel which coasted me a huge amount of money! I came back to Egypt, called Etisalat again two times at 3/11. Again the first time the line got cut in half of the conversation!! The second time I called, a guy listened to me and he said that he raised the complaint and the will answer me between 24 to 48 hours. As usual nobody answered so I called the customer service back at 9/11 to ask about the complaint, another guy answered me, I told him the whole story again, he said that I don't have any complain raised and he didn't even bother himself to raise complaint or to do anything!! I have been trying to send mail to Etisalat Egypt for the last 2 weeks but it gives me the message “the server is too busy now. Please try later”! So can I find any worse service than this. If anybody at Etisalat cares and wants to call me, after all of this most probably will find my Etisalat's line is off so can call me on +[protected] or contact me through my mail [protected]@hotmail.com.

charge for the internet connection

From April 2010 onwards I am not using Internet connection & My villa also demolished. But This ETISALAT still charging from me 150dhs every month without using.
Its like a robbery from etisalat.
now the put the bill 1400dhs. really bad company. I am really fed up with ETISALAT.
My number - [protected]

credit transfer

Dear all,
it is with regard to credit transfer
offered by etisalat from ine mobile to another . The last four days it is not happening from my mobile and I had launched a complaint with etisalat, every time they do say its a technical problem they will resolve it soon but still there is no result . I do not understand how come this company and their people are so irresponsible resolving the issues . They still feel that they have the monopoly to act like Hitlor .

I am getting the message while sending request for the credit transfer ""sorry, the service is not available, the credit should be the minimum allowed .""
As per their site, they day transfer limit is AED 100 and I am trying to transfer only DHS 50 .

Please advise me what should I do to resolve the issue, as I have 3 times with Etisalat .

lottery

i just want to ask if there is any lottery happening right now in your company, , because this day october...

rubbish service

I would like to bring to your attention some of the reasons why I absolutely hate Etisalat. I booked a connection on Friday 17th September and didn't get connected until Sunday 26th September, I was promised connection within 4 working days! I spent hours on the phone to your agents, who were usually unhelpful or uninterested and also made a special visit to your HQ. Now that issue is finally resolved, I absolutely hate the basic package that you offer. I miss DU and their services, the set top box is easy to use and their free channels are much better, there is no space between the channels that you are not paying for like it is with Etisalat, you get to scan through all the live channels only. With Etisalat you have to search for the few rubbish free channels that are on offer. On top of all that I am paying more than what I use to pay for when I was with DU for a much poorer service, please tell me you are looking into the Basic channels and this is not it?!

I lost phone with sim

Dear Sir,
I, Mr. Saleem.A.P, using etisalat prepaid connection: number:[protected], had lost my phone with the sim card on transist from sharjah to cochin on 11-09-2010 between 10:00 PM and 12:30 Am(uae standard time).I humbly request you to block my account temperory for avoiding the misuse of the phone by the unauthorised.I would also request you to issue me a new sim with the same number .

Hoping for a positive respose.

Yours faithfully

Saleem.A.P

I lost phone with sim

to disconnect the mobile data package

Etisalat had an offer two months ago with the iphone. Buy an iphone and subscribe any mobile number to use free mobile data package for two months.
And we have brought many iphone (5 - 10) and have subscribed many of my friends number to use free mobile data package for two months. And I was advised that I'll have to pay 99 dhs from 3rd month. So didn't want to pay from the third month. Wanted to cancel the Mobile data package (use internet in mobile)
When called the help desk 101, was advised that I have to visit the branch. When visited the branch at 5 pm was sent up and down with the application. First there excuse was " their system is slow" as a customer what am I suppose to do?? - fix their system?
Secondly the supervisor talked to me properly, then He had sent me to another counter (A lady) who had no idea and gave me an answer saying that I can't cancel my mobile data package and need to use 12 months for 99 dhs each month. When I said I already canceled many mobile number day before yesterday.She kept her mouth shut.
Etisalat gives a big promotion saying we work till 8 pm.. they may sit in office till 8:00 pm but their answer from 4 :00 pm is " Come back tomorrow before 3:00pm" If we are asked to come back before 3 pm why the hell are you promoting till 8 pm???
later the supervisor didn't acted so wired, , trust me if I could I would have murdered him there. They way he treated me.
I have wasted my 3 hrs.
Etisalat is the most disgusting organisation I have ever been to

wendy jones

I have received 2 calls, the last one from number +[protected] claiming that I have won AED250, 000.00 from Etisalat. A colleague of mine received a similar call and ended up being defrauded out of AED3000.00. Please look into this obvious scam.

charging prepaid load even without calling anyone!

Dear Etisalat.
Its been 3 months now that everytime I loaded up my prepaid phone [protected]. I can never use it to call anyone. I check my load thru *121# it always says its negative -45.00 when yet I just loaded it and didnt use to call anybody. I need to know whats wrong? Please do something about it.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mrs Tomars

over-charging

Guys,
Be careful with your Al Shamil & E-life internet bills.
Etisalat has billed all the customers with 349 AED One time installation charges + 30 AED as Service Rental charges.
I have recieved these charges on 2 of my internet connections - One current and One Cancelled account, which is so funny.
It sucks big time.. ETISALAT SUCKS.. They are cheating people left and right.. Someone please advise if we can take some actions against them..

• Xs
    xstreme Sep 18, 2010

YOU ARE RIGHT...EVEN I DID GET UNWANTED CHARGES. THEY CHARGED ME 100 FOR TRANSFERRING MY OLD LAND LINE TO THE NEW HOUSE JUST FOR ONE HOUR WHILE I HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR IT AND WHEN I HAVE TAKE A E-LIFE DOUBLE PLAY PACKAGE FOR MY NEW HOME WHERE I GET A NEW NUMBER, ANYONE IS CRAZY TO TRANSFER THE OLD LAND LINE TO THE NEW HOUSE. AND IN MY E-LIFE BILL, THEY STARTED ADDING UNWANTED CHARGES. THEY CHARGED THREE MONTHS TOGETHER FOR ZERO LOCK ON OUR NEW LANDLINE WHEN WE HAVE NOT TAKEN IT. I VISITED THE ETISALAT OFFICE FOUR TIMES, AND STILL NO SOLUTION. THEY JUST MADE ME TO GO RIGHT AN LEFT TO EACH DEPARTMENT WAITING TO SPEAK TO EACH PERSON FOR HALF AN HOUR AND THEN SPEAKING TO THEM FOR HOURS WITH NO RESULT. THE CONCLUSION FROM THEIR SIDE WAS THEY WILL CHECK MY APPLICATION FORMS AND WILL CONTACT ME AND THIS IS ABOUT THREE WEEKS BACK STILL THERE IS NO ANSWER FROM THEIR SIDE.

• Ni
    Nidhi BS Nov 26, 2011

Be careful with your Al Shamil & E-life internet bills.

Jamaicans Jan 06, 2012

I thought I was the only one having issues. I'm new to this E-life thing. They recommended me Asian basic with Triple Play. They also said I could subscribe for a Gitex offer which includes 50 minutes free International calling and 200+ for 5 months and after 5 months its 300+ including 30 minutes free international calling. In additional to that I subscribed to TFC which is 99 dhs.
    I haven't used the full 50 minutes of free calls. It's not even 3 weeks since I subscribed and got the install.. guess what My bill is 674/-. Has we all know the drill called 101 for the inquiry. Asked them whats going on.. here's the answer " Sir your bill is in total From December 15 till December 31st is 340 something and From January 1st till January 5th its 300 something" I asked them how come my bill is so much for 3 weeks.. " SIR WE CHARGE 1 MONTH AHEAD ALWAYS". How do they predict my next month's bill? Are they gods? Or is that the language barrier we are facing?. I guess people are used to these kind of drills. I don't think if we file a case against these service providers there would be a chance we winning it. As they rule there land. I guess we expats don't have a voice. In other countries the payment plan is always given verbally and in writing up front on the brocher. This is totally not acceptable.

unknown calls

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Navjit Kaur from alain, Uae. I use the number [protected]. I have been receiving calls from unknown numbers and not just one time in a day but 2 to 3 times one after the other from the same number, when the call is answered theres no reply, if the person is threatened to be reported the person hangs up on me. I have received calls from the code +716 and also a local number. And all the 3- 4 times the person tends to hang up on me. Please look into the matter or else I will have to report the number to the police.

Thankyou so much
Navjit Kaur

fake calls

Dear sir /madam,
i would like to give ur attention on those people who are fooling the people on the phone by the name of etisalat . even today in the morning i recieved many calls from a person he said taht he is froem etisalat n u have won the price of 2 hundred thousand dhms then he said that u will recieve a message from etisalat n after that i really recieved a message from etisalat that dear customer you have won the price of 2 hundred thousand dhms kindly take a quick action bcz these pepole missusing the name of etisalat . if u will take a fast action it will gud for u even most of my frndz recieved this kinf of fake etisalat calls. these are the numbers below of those persons
best regards,
Sana Qamar

• Me
    Meloy Jun 13, 2011

I recieved the same call today from 0503249572. It would be really nice if Etisalat takes an action or find a solution to this.

• Ro
    roochin Aug 20, 2011

i got a call today from 0503396125 mentioning the prize money I had won. He also mentioned the 88971 number on the back of every etisalat sim here..

• Mr
    mriz Jul 29, 2012

I and so many of my colleques recivieving fake calls from #0567292036, saying he is calling from etisalat and i have won 100 million US $, i want to register a complaint against this number and caller to track him down and should be punish for cheating.

new internet connection

I have applied for an internet connection around three and a half weeks ago.So far i didn't get the...

not answering the customer care at all

This is with reference to the news "Etisalat Customer Care Centre achieves ISO 27001:2005 Certificate".

I was trying to contact Etisalat Customer care number 101 for the last 48 Hours continuosly, to report the faults to my E-vision account. Untill now nobody has answered the phone and still continuing the fault.

I am just wondering that on what basis this customer care got ISO certification.

As there is no other contact number for customer service, I have to go to Etisalat office to report the fault.

Unfortunatly there is no complait box in Etisalat Website.

Thanks

Shebi

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices