Etihad Airwaysrefund of rebooking fee

K

The following case I reported already to Etihad feedback and claims department [INTR:[protected]]. So far without any reaction at all.

On 11.03.2016 I was flying with Etihad flight No. EY 267 from Colombo to Abu Dhabi with a connecting flight (No. EY 7) to Frankfurt.

During the flight to Colombo I asked the steward on board twice if I'll manage to get the connecting flight to Frankfurt. He assured me that the airplane has only a small delay, I'll get my flight to Frankfurt and I don't need to worry about anything.

The airplane landed at 8:10am with only 10 minutes delay in Abu Dhabi. Even though there was still enough time to get my connecting flight, a Etihad agent took all passengers to Frankfurt and Munich aside and handed over already rebooked boarding passes. Why are passengers hindered to get onboard of their connecting flights even though there is still enough transit time?

Due to the missed flight to Frankfurt I missed my flight with South African Airways from Frankfurt to Maputo which I stressed out to an Etihad Agent at the transfer desk in the morning of 11.03.2016. The Etihad agent explained that I should go to the South African Airways counter at the airport in Abu Dhabi to rebook my flight. He also pointed out that the counter will be open only in the evening and any rebooking fees will be refunded by Etihad. When I tried to find out the location of the South African Airways counter, I found out that there is no counter at the airport. Thus, the Etihad agent was lying straight into the face to rebook my ticket at the South African Airways counter at the airport when there is no such a counter. A second Etihad agent which also pointed out that there is no South African Airways counter in Abu Dhabi airport explained that I should rebook my flight in Frankfurt after arrival with flight EY 1. All expenses will be taken by Etihad.

I handed in all my expenses to the claims department, so far without any reaction at all.

I have to admit that I'm very dissappointed from an airline which states itself as one of the best airlines of the world. It is more than a shabby behaviour how costumers of Etihad are tricked and treated - the ground staff didn't assist at all but was rather giving wrong and misleading information.

RESOLVED

• Etihad Airways's response · Apr 14, 2016

Dear KaTher

We apologise for the delay in coming back to you, We will contact our team for you and request an update for the above.

We will be in touch as soon as we have a reply. Please accept our apologies for this delay. *GW