Enterprise Rent-A-Carrental car

E Nov 06, 2018

I was recently at the south Kingshighway location after being setup for a rental car. To begin with I am not 25. They asked for my i.d. once I arrived and never mentioned any issues with my age while processing the rental. Since I had an agent make the arrangements with my insurance I was under the impression that I would only be paying a deposit for the rental, since we have comprehension and collision and, according to the insurance agents, the rental car company should have called to verify this coverage before offering me any sort of coverage. It was to my understanding that I was not to be charged any additional fee, outside of a $50 deposit towards the rental, for coverage since I am covered through insurance and that the coverage Enterprise reviewed was something that would be handled through my insurance. I was not aware that this was a separate charge until after a week of having the rental vehicle and I saw this charge appear on my bank statement. To make matters worse the Enterprise employee I was working with never provided me with a copy of the rental agreement ( Physical or digital ) I pored through both my email and my mother's ( The primary on the insurance ) and could not find any documents sent following my visit ( 26th October, 2018). I think what scared me the most is that I am a secondary on my mother's insurance; her name is no where to be found on the rental agreement. We know this since Allen, the district manager, pulled up the agreement via their computer systems on 6th November, 2018, while he spoke to my mother on the phone stating "Your name is not on the rental agreement-" and therefore she could not even return the vehicle. Simply put, I feel that I was wrongly charged an extraneous expense and that the rental car standards were not met during the process.

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 07, 2018

Evette Baker, we would like to speak with you directly. Please email [protected]@enterprise.com with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.