Enterprise Rent-A-Cardeposit refund

J Jul 18, 2019

I don't understand why it takes so long to return my money? I unfortunately used a debit card so Enterprise took part of my vacation funds from my account. I rented a car over the fourth of July. Returned it July 8th on time, with gas, and no damage, and have yet to see my deposit in my account. I've used plenty of websites and stores that refund money and I've never seen anything take this long. I think I'll go with another rental company after this. Just seems like bad business.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 13, 2019

JNeuk82, the deposit is released on the same day you return the vehicle. How fast you receive it back, is determined by your bank. Are you waiting for you deposit to be returned? We'd be happy to check on the process for you. To do so, please email [email protected] with your contact information, reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location, the complete details. We look forward to hearing from you soon. –Carol H.

• Updated by JNeuk82 · Aug 13, 2019

I spoke with my bank and Enterprise put a 45 day hold on the funds. We called the location that we used to ask if they'd send over a fax to our bank allowing them to release the funds and it never happened. I just received my deposit today from the beginning of July. I have never seen a car rental hold your deposit for 6 weeks after only a 1 week rental. I'll be doing business with Budget from now on.