Endurance Warranty Servicesfraud, breach of contract and deceptive advertising

M

Do not buy! Scam!!
I purchased a warranty for a 2008 gmc acadia with 106, 000 miles that has had all its manufacture required maintenance done as directed by the owner’s manual. 101 days after we purchased the warranty and with 107, 260 miles on the car the transmission failed. The contract states that you must wait 90 days and 1, 000 miles which we fulfilled.
Stephen the customer service manager stated that the transmission fluid was burnt and had metal shavings so they couldn’t cover because there should have been warning signs that the transmission was overheating. I spoke to the mechanic working on my car, an extremely reputable firm that has been fixing only transmissions since 1958 and has all the qualifications and memberships. The mechanic told me the fluid wasn’t burnt and there were no metal shavings!
Stephen’s story changed, he told me he needed additional documentation showing the mileage on the car. I proved my receipts for an oil change and for work done by gmc (I had actually guessed at my mileage when on the phone getting the warranty and had 200 more miles than needed) . Now with the mileage confirmed he didn’t answer my calls for the next 2 days!
When stephen and i spoke again, i asked him to provide in writing why my claim was denied, he had to get back to me. The next day i called him again and he told me i would have to send a written request (Email or fax) to their legal group. The legal group would respond to my request?
That was 4 days ago, guess what…no response!
The only time this company has called me was 15 minutes after i completed their online survey. Now they will not call me back, you must always call them. I have learned from this experience, anything that happens to your car you should have seen the signs, even when you have no warning lights on? This car includes the towing package with built - in protection, coolers and warning lights for the transmission. As i have done research on the gmc acadia transmission i have found that the car will alert you of an overheated transmission and not allow you to drive with an overheated transmission!
Good luck!!

RESOLVED

• Endurance Warranty Services's response · Jul 10, 2020

We're sorry to hear about your experience and we'd be glad to look into this a little more for you. Please give us a call at [protected] or email us at [email protected]

Customer Care