Southeast Toyota Finance Logo

Southeast Toyota Finance

Having problems with Southeast Toyota Finance?

+1 888 688 1166 (Customer Service)
+1 877 272 7752 (Payments (Leasing)
6150 Omni Park Dr.

If leasing:
VT Inc. as Trustee World Omni LT, PO Box 91326, Mobile, AL 36691

Complaints & Reviews

Due to covid-19, the death certificates took longer than usual

My father passed away on 7/21. He had leased a 2019 Toyota Camry in December of 2018 — his third or fourth...

Not sending my title

The loan was paid off by USAA on the 12th of June. I have called three times since then and was told once the title was being worked on. Second, the title is going out this afternoon. Third a real snippy [censored] said the paperwork goes out according to government guidelines. Just got a letter today from USAA looking for the title.
It's Saturday which means there is no customer service as they are closed.

Illegally repossessed my car

**Consumers Do Not use Southeast Toyota Finance, they are Fraud criminals, they commit fraud against consumers!"

You are Criminal, Cons, Thieves, Liars, Fraud! You harassed me four and five times a day, you refused to change the payment date, you blocked me from accessing my account (then lied that you did not) to have me humiliated by those deplorable criminals you hire to attack, insult, degrade consumers, you refused to contact me, you reposses my car while I was laying in a hospital bed (chair because I could not lay down) after open heart surgery and my right leg slatched open. You took my car after I had made multiple payments (and I have proof I was paying as often as I could, but due to my health conditions I was having difficulties). You took my car, lied that repo truck was opened on weekends and your pathetic company lied, you all were closed and you lied to me so that I would endure more costs to pay. Then you sell my car, and you call to harass me and threaten me to pay the difference (but you but you did not call me before repossesing my vehicle which is Illegal! You sell my car and then call me, harass me again, (but you did not call me before taking my car). You are criminals! You conduct yourselves in illegal actions, you then report me to the three credit bureaus illegally. You abuse consumers because you think we will not fight you. Well, guessed wrong I am fighting you even if due to my health it is now months later that I have a little bit of strength. You thought I did not have proof, I do. I am going full force against you, don't send me messages on your pityfull facebook not to go after you that we can settle this, really. I was half dead, trying to survive open heart surgery, in massive pain and you all took advantage of my financial and health problems to attack me.

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Jun 25, 2020

It sounds like you were upside down on the vehicle. How much of a balance is still owed?

The contact numbers and secure messaging are a complete joke! I can't get through to setf!!

My name is William Obrien. I mailed a check to pay off my car to SETF in early may. the check was cashed on 11 may 2020. I realize it takes a while to get my title, but why cant I get through to setf? The secure messaging has not worked since I first started trying to ask questions (weeks now). the telephone numbers are worthless because nobody answers!!

2016 toyota corolla payment

I had requested a two month extension because of the virus which I was allowed I needed one more month extension this month because I'm not able to make a payment most car companies are allowing 90-day extensions I have been turned down twice when I'm not able to get out there and work yet to make this payment. I am over 60 years old and in the protected class for the virus.

2016 toyota corolla payment

Interest rate

2-20 We purchased a used Highlander. We both have credit scores over 800. We financed through Toyota. I couldn't believe it! Over 4% interest! Really? Why even check my credit? In addition, at the dealership all the numbers suddenly changed the day we signed. They knew the background and I feel duped especially with my trade in. I just gave them that car! I absolutely hate car dealers, dealerships, finance companies and all affiliated with the car industry. It's the biggest rip-off ever!

[Resolved] new toyota corolla 2020

I purchased this car from the Toyota dealership, . Was financed, . 29 days later they backed out of the agreement, I got my trade in back, due to salesperson error with trade in, I wanted the new car was able to finance new car without trade in. But that left me with catching up on month late on my trade in. I signed first contract payment due 10/24, . 30 days later I signed new contract, . I get bill in the mail today that my payment is late, was due 10/24, the amount has changed, . Contract dates changed, and the bill I get says I owe for two months, . Not one?... how can this be, . The office is closed or I would be on the phone with them now, .

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Nov 04, 2019

[Resolved] unethical behavior

I don't care how desperate you are for a car, and how sweet the deal maybe... I beg you not to do business with them! I had been through a lot of financial hardships such as being laid off and couldn't find employment, I had moved, and then I was robbed. I explained all this to them, and they still came and repossessed my car on tuesday, october, 22, 2019. On thursday, october 24, I received a phone call with the amount needed to pay in order to retrieve the car. On monday, october 28th I call to make sure the price still stood and I was told yes. I call the towing company and they informed me the car had been sent to auction on friday, october 25, 2019. Seriously? I didn't even have a chance to say what I wanted to do with the car, and when I got the money on friday it was too late to do any financial business because everything would have been credited for the next business date which was monday (that's why I called the day the funds were available, expecting to pay). After I talked to a supervisor (brandy miller) she agreed that toyota would take care of all fees associated with the auction and I just pay what's due from me. I asked for this to be sent in writing and was told that was not possible. I called several times and was finally told that I needed a lawyer in order for them to send a letter on an agreement they proposed. Now I feel like some shady stuff is going on because what is it just to send a letter stating what we spoke about. They are saying I have until november 3rd, 2019 and then the car will go for sale at the auction. Another important detail is that when I called on monday, october 28 setf didn't even tell me my car was no longer at the recovery place, they had to tell me. And when I asked who authorized it, they said setf. I called setf and they said its the towing company which is the biggest lie in life. When I called setf again, I was told that the recovery place my car originally went to was not an in house storage that they used, so it was taken to manheim atlanta. I do not have anything to do with who setf does and does not do business with. Why was the car moved so fast? I feel these are some shady practices, and they all are liars. I do not understand what's so difficult to send an 2 cent e-mail or fax stating what agreement we came to. The only reason that comes to mind as to why you won't provide documentation is because setf is doing something shady. Simple as that. Because why do I need a lawyer for you to send an agreement setf themselves came up, but you can freely send me correspondence when I owe, but now that you owe now its not anything you can do. A certified letter was sent to my previous address and i'm assuming it was saying what was going on with the car. Well, not only do I not live at that address anymore (and they knew this because they dug into my personal business and found my new address), they put this letter in the mail the day they called with the total. The letter did not arrive at my former address until monday, and that's because my sister called and told me but she did not sign for it because I was not there. All this has been strategically calculated because I have a friend who drove the same kind of car I did and dealt with setf, not only did they take her car at 58 days, her car sat at the recovery place for weeks. Why wasn't I given the chance to have an opportunity to cure?

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Nov 04, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our customer service and strive to ensure our customers' needs are met with courtesy and professionalism. To protect the privacy of all customers, we ask that you please contact us directly at 1-800-686-3494 so that we may further discuss your concerns.

[Resolved] balance owed

Last year I was medically retired from the Army and going through a divorce. During that time due transitioning from the Army and being unemployed I had to Voluntarily Surrender my Toyota Sienna. This week I entered into a credit consolidation program and was stunned from what I was told from the credit counselor. He informed me that Southeast Toyota Finance stated that they wanted $700 a month from me for a balance of 24, 938.00 which is has to be a mistake! I am pretty sure that with repossessions they either auction off the vehicle or resell them. So how is it I still owe 24, 938.00? This seems too me that this finance company are scamming the American consumers. I guess myself and others who might be in a similar situation needs to get legal guidance regarding this.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Sep 30, 2019

[Resolved] auto lease

I leased a 2016 Toyota Corolla S and turned it in early. I paid out the lease and returned the car 13, 000 miles under my allotted miles. They proceed to screw me for "wear and tear" and profit from being able to resell the car for much more because of the 13, 000 less used miles. That's bad business! Anyone I spoke to at customer service was rude and unhelpful. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they never even flinched. This is a dirty company!! Buyer Beware!

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Jul 26, 2019

[Resolved] lease 2016 toyota sienna

After 3 years of a car lease, I returned my 2016 Toyota Sienna to the dealership in very good conditions and within the range of miles we had agreed upon in the contract. Now I received an invoice for $1000: $350 of disposition fee and the rest is what they call "excessive wear" of the vehicle. This is nothing but a theft and a rip off. You can see the pictures and come to your own conclusions about the great condition this car was in when returned. I'm posting this so nobody has to go through this hassle. Do they expect the tires to not get used and the vehicle to be in the same condition as when we leased it, after 3 years? It is totally unfair that after I paid $360 every month, they charge me an extra $1000. NEVER AGAIN LEASING OR BUYING WITH TOYOTA. YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Jul 05, 2019

[Resolved] loan inconsistencies with customer service reps

I have unfortunatly fallen behind on my car payment. We are actively working to address it and are making payments every month. The issue is that we are two payments behind and are having trouble making our monthly payment along side the two that we missed. I called in to speak with someone and see if they were willing to work with us on it. In may when I called they were, the rep was really nice she said that if I called back after our payment for May had cleared she would push the other two payments back to the end of our loan and we would be back to being up to date. Unfortunately life happened and we ended up not calling back in may. So June rolled around I made our payment and then set a reminder for 3 days later to give the payment time to clear. I called in to set up the arrangement that I had previously made and now all the terms have changed. Now I have to pay an additional $160 up front to have the payments moved back. I explained that we were behind due to money issues, I am trying to get a head of it but I can't afford to throw away money that I could use to go towards my payments.. It made no sense. It's like a coin flip with SETF, sometimes you get a rep willing to help and that obviously understands the strain that could be going on in a families life, the next you get someone that from the start of the conversation you can tell in their tone that they want to tell you no. I just want to try to fix things it just seems crazy that they wouldn't want to lend a hand.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Jun 25, 2019

poor customer service experience has resulted in two missed pay

I set an automatic and was never explained to me when I opted to enroll in it that it takes several billing cycles to become active was never explained to me when I opted to enroll in it. This oversight and poor customer service experience has resulted in two missed payments and a negative impact on my credit rating. At no time during the previous billing cycles was I informed that my payments were past due, nor that I was delinquent. When I spoke to customer service representatives about this oversight I was told that I was contacted but I have no phone records, electronic correspondence, or physical correspondence. They keep lying and said they called me. World Omni Finance "Southeast Toyota" have the worst customer service

poor customer service experience has resulted in two missed pay

• Updated by Adam&Adam · Jun 15, 2019

I did called you and asked for a supervisor, the representative told me that no supervisor available right now but a supervisor will call you today and I never get that call. Also Southeast Toyota Finance representatives keep saying that they called me twice and that is lie, I never receive any calls from Southeast Toyota Finance.

[Resolved] rude customer service reps and repossession

I am completely upset with Southeast Toyota Finance and their customer service reps. I have worked in a call center and know when I am being fed a script and when reps put in their own two cents and give smart ass remarks. In which this is what happened to me. I have been late on payments due to work related issues. Of course I have spoken with several employees before and had my account notated and have been making payments. During my last payment, I spoke with an employee who stated that with making that payment I would knock off another month and that would get me good. So I told him great and that I would make another payment in two weeks. Well I woke up the other day to my car missing and when I called in about it, I got excuses and all I got was sorry although I was given the incorrect information and was making payments. I was also told I denied a letter from UPS that was sent out a month ago that I never knew about and never knew UPS came. And someone is always home so I would've been notified. And I spoke with some after that so called letter was sent and still made arrangements. So all BS. And I was told they did a friendly knock at door, WHEN???!!! If you didn't speak with me how do I know these things. And the calling 20 times a day is ridiculous, call once a day and leave a message is more reasonable and a crap ton a day. And when I spoke to another resident, i received a smart ass remark saying "Heck I even called you multiple times before and didn't get an answer." That was not needed, I didn't ask her if she called me, I asked her to review the notes and asking her questions referring to the miscommunication and fees. I also spoke with the repossession company and they were shock with the responses from SETF and what they were saying. I have never encountered such bad customer service reps and service. And I have been a loyal Toyota owner from over 13 years. I regret now even getting in business with SETF. I am very pissed about the customer service and the ridiculous repo fees that does me no good with monthly payments. And now I just called in to get a total so I can pay my past due and the stupid fees and its still not ready. Do you guys not consider that people need their vehicles to get back and forth to work so you guys can get your money. 48 hours is ridiculous. I will be forwarding my complaint to corporate if needed and to everyone that needs it to get better service and help others who might be experiencing the same issue. And from reading this site, it seems I am not and have not been the only one. I look forward to hearing from you soon. And while you are at it, pull those recorded phone calls and listen to them.

[Resolved] car lease servicing

I requested a 2 month lease extension in April 2019. I paid $400 in April per my regular payment expecting that my payments for May & June were differed. However this was not the case, apparently the payment I made was some sort of deferment fee. This was not disclosed to me and I was expecting my payments to be held off for May & June... Now I'm paying June after only having 1 months off for a 2 month deferment because they did not provide proper disclosures. If I was informed properly I would have waited or not done it at all.

Stephen

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Jun 10, 2019

[Resolved] poor service and value of their customers

A few weeks ago, I posted about my issue with this company about my stolen 2012 Dodge Charger which was reported stolen back in November 2018 and my insurance company have been trying to pay them off for months but they lost the title. After speaking with Travis Hill who was handling my account and his supervisor which stated that it was and issue at the title office in Georgia. Well I took matters in my own hands and called the title office and found out they released the title twice for this company but they didn't pull it.
Fast forward to know, my insurance company and GAP insurance has submitted their checks but guess who have still billing, charging my account, and building of late fees? Southeast Toyota Finance. So once again, I called Mr. Travis Hill to see what was going on. Mr. Hill stated that I was still held responsible for the payments on the vehicle. So you mean to tell me that, you want me to continue to make payments on a stolen vehicle in which my insurance company and GAP insurance company have been trying to submit checks to you all for months but they couldn't because you sent the title to the wrong company and it took almost 4 months for you to get it? It's been 6 months and I'm still dealing with this issue. It has caused negative marks on my credit report because it is still showing up as late and behind payment. I can't move forward with trying to get another vehicle. I have spent out even more money using ridershare because the inconsiderateness, unprofessional, nonchalantness, and lack of time management of this company. When will this nightmare end?

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · May 03, 2019

[Resolved] leasing services

I am moving to another country and I have started the process to add a new co-lease very early with 8 week...

[Resolved] one 30 day late

I made a mistake and one 30 day late payment in almost 4 years is going to haunt me. I reached out for a one time adjustment and was told no. I'm so upset I could puke. Help me please!

I'm extremely nervous as we are in transition with jobs and I'm concerned how this will affect our lives. I hope someone with SETF will reach out to me.

I appreciate any help I can get. You have no idea how this is breaking me.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Apr 08, 2019

[Resolved] stolen 2012 dodge charger

My vehicle was stolen in November of 2018. I submitted all the documents necessary to my insurance company whom then submitted all of their documents to Southeast Toyota Finance Company. Sounds simple right?!? Nope, I'm still dealing with them today. This finance company is so horrible and unorganized that they sent my vehicle information to the wrong insurance company, can't seem to recover anything, all the supervisors are always out on vacation, and I'm still being held responsible for a vehicle. They even sent someone out to repose the vehicle.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Apr 05, 2019

beware of this extremist company that will ruin your life to get their money

Back in 2017 I helped my nephew to get a toyota prius to start driving for uber to make money and get his life on track by making the downpayment and being the consignor. Unfortunately, in december 2018 my nephew was arrested and he hasn't been able to make payments because he's in jail. The january bill was late without me knowing, I do not follow up with what happens with this account because there's one single login to manage it and the only time I received a letter from setf because a late payment was about to incur, I reached out to my nephew to take care of it.
I've been out of the country since february 20th for work and I moved to a new apartment on january 15th. On feb 26th, I got a call while I was still out of the country from a rude person and because I didn't want to provide my ssn for safety reasons (is this legal?) or didn't remember the color of the car, she only mentioned to call setf about the account. I looked everywhere for the login information to check what was going on, had to call my sister who I haven't spoken to in years to get it, note that setf will take many account owners but will only provide one single login and paid immediately what was due ($809.93) on feb 28th... The expiration date was on the 27th.
A few dates later, to my surprise, I started receiving alerts from the credit bureaus that my score dropped almost 100 points because setf, or probably their very rude customer service representative couldn't wait one single day to report a late payment. This company takes extreme measures to affect their customers if they don't pay on time, even if they only provide one login for this purpose, even if you're only the cosigner and if their customer service is rude to you and will demand your ssn to inform you about the account.
I only got this call on feb 26th, I made the full payment of what was due on february as soon as I could on the 28th and the due date was a day before (27th), usps redelivered their letter on march 13th which I haven't seen yet because i'm out of the country working (I receive their delivery daily digest by email and I have proof of all this) and I moved in january. I called and explained all this, I offered to pay off the debt to have this late payment remove from my score because i'm planning to get married and buy a house, I asked why they went to the extreme to ruin my credit score, I went above and beyond to make the payment and i'm only a cosigner sharing one single login to manage the account. Southeast toyota finance responded that the account was late for one single day.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from southeast toyota finance, not even big banks behave like this, have such rude customer representatives call you or are looking for the smallest excuse to ruin your life to make sure they get their money on time.
One single day, if not even before, setf reported this late payment on my spotless credit score.

• Southeast Toyota Finance's response · Mar 25, 2019

• Updated by Jernst · Mar 25, 2019

My account number is 001010000003716508.
    They sent a letter to my old address and USPS informed about the redeliver on March 13. You can visualize the email from USPS here.
    I've been out of the country since February 20th working, and even from overseas I managed to pay the account.
    I've been contacting them almost every day, representatives, managers, supervisors, asking them to review my case from my cosigner point of view, one single day late, I made the due payments ASAP and even offered to pay off the FULL debt. No compassion at all.

Comments

• Updated by Jernst · Mar 25, 2019

bill showing date and amount of last payment.

Comments