Menu
Southeast Toyota Finance company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

91 complaints
64 resolved 27 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Southeast Toyota Finance customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Southeast Toyota Finance. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
12:34 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Monthly payment

I have been charged an extra fee of $30 On My monthly Payment due to some sort of check that your company claimed I sent, which I never did.

I called multiple times to let you know that I have never sent the check, and every time I was told that someone is looking into it.

I filed a complaint with BBB and that is when I received a letter stating that you have made a mistake and I will be reimbursed.

I still have not been reimbursed and new monthly payment bill did not reflect any credit on that.
I called and finally someone told me to go ahead and take it upon myself to make a monthly payment minus the $30 because your system does not send out bills that are not the regular monthly payment.
This is an absolute ridiculous way to handle this.
I am looking to refinance with someone else asap, would never ever recommend doing business with you again.

6:25 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Car

Toyota repossessed my car, notified me that I will have until the January 15th to pay off the car before it goes to auction. The car was paid off before the 15th of January, they then said "okay, you have to pick up your car at the auction." Now between the towing company, auction and Toyota finance no one could find my license plate. In the process my license plate got lost or stolen. It's 5 days now the car has been paid off and I can't retrieve my car because the plates is stolen and Toyota says they can't do anything for me. Mr Bill Purden (superior) suppose to reach out and he never did. They are such ungrateful and makes Toyota brand look like crap. Such a shame. These people need to get it together. Never ever again Toyota. They don't even care if you're not well. They will destroy you if they have to .each representative was also rude. Sucks because Toyota had great cars but horrific employees.

Desired outcome: Nothing

I
5:37 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Payment

I was charged an extra 30$ processing fee on top of my monthly payment. When I called to ask why I was told it was because of a 255$ check that they reimbursed back to me.
I never wrote any checks to them and there was never anything reimbursed to me. Ive always made my payments on time online.
Called a couple of times and I was always told they are working on finding the check I wrote ?!
Horrible business practices

Desired outcome: Reimbursement

S
7:40 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Impersonal and uncaring personnel

My husband financed a 2016 Toyota Camry for our daughter's graduation in 2016. He made all the payments on time or ahead of time. He died in February 2019 before the car was paid off. I contacted them and let them know that my household income was significantly decreased by his death but I wanted to finish paying for the car. My daughter graduated college and joined the military so that she could pay off her car. I literally begged for a two month extension so that she could complete boot camp and pay for her car They repossessed the car despite my constant requests for some assistance. The people that I spoke to were very uncaring and insisted that I make the payments. I would have to skip a month on my power bill to make a payment on the car. I did that but as the cold weather came in my power bill increased and I couldn't afford to pay two months at a time so my payments were 86 days past due. I thought I had 90 days before repossession and I borrowed the payment but my online account was closed the same day that they repossessed the car.

Desired outcome: HELP

M

I'm sorry for your loss.

Have you checked with a local financial institution for a loan?

0 0
F
12:37 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Southeast Toyota Finance - Closed end Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement Violation / Fraud

My Client, Ms. Grisell Sanchez, leased a 2018 Toyota Corolla on or about 02/28/2018 for a term of 35 payments. The lease, pursuant to the agreement, terminated on Jan 2021. On January 30, 2021, pursuant to paragraph 40 of said agreement, the vehicle was returned to Toyota of North Miami; ending mileage 34354. Then on February 12, 2021, my client retuned to Toyota of North Miami the vehicle's extra key. We have copies of the Lease Termination Acknowledgement document.

A short time later, the car was lost by the dealer. This loss occurred while the car was under the care, custody and sole control of the dealer, as Ms. Sanchez had fulfilled her obligation under the Agreement.

On April 29, 2021, Rushie Reid, a Toyota employee (the leasing manager), filed a stolen vehicle report with the local police agency (Miami-Dade Police case No. PD 210429134310). This report included a sworn to affidavit by Mr. Reid wherein he stated that, under the penalty of perjury, my client had terminated the lease and returned the vehicle to the dealer.

Despite terminating her lease pursuant to paragraph 40 of the Agreement, Toyota Finance required additional leasing payments form Ms. Sanchez. These additional payment were not supported by any provision or term of the agreement as Ms. Sanchez had fulfilled her contractual obligation.

Toyota Finance reported said "non-payments" to the major credit bureaus despite the lack of authority.

We are requesting that said unauthorized and improper late payments be reported to the credit bureau as incorrect so as to clear her credit report which has been seriously damaged by the negligence of Toyota Finance.

I have copies of all relevant documents:

1) Lease Agreement
2) Termination of Lease Agreement
3) Miami-Dade Police Report
4) Affidavit by Rushie Reid
5) Late Payment letters

Please contact me at below to avoid further Legal action:
Luis M. Fuste
Fuste Law PA
[email protected]
305-909-6463

A
10:06 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Payment

Just made my first payment to SETF 6 days before due date. I received an email 14 days later stating my payment is past due. Called and opened several cases on their website only to be met with rude and ignorant representatives. My bank statement shows funds sent to SETF 6 days prior to due date.

I still have a case pending for the 21st of October. Seems odd that it's one month to the day when I made my early payment. I'm curios to see if my account is brought current.

I believe SETF has a software glitch and are unable to correct. I believe an early payment is not processed and applied to accounts correctly. Not my fault as I relayed to several representatives.

The website and letter sent to me via paper states multiple payment options. I chose internet payment which clearly reads " pay online " 2 representatives informed me if I don't use auto-pay my payment will be applied as an additional payment to the principal ?

The website clearly states an additional payment to the principal has to be mailed.
It seems I have a better understanding of SETF's policies than it's employees.

I'm hoping this is resolved on 10/21/21.

Desired outcome: Account brought current to reflect payment made

C
11:46 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Southeast Toyota Finance - I am not late on my payment please correct toyota rav4

This is getting ridiculous. No one at this company can help me resolve my problem. I missed one payment in December of 2020 and you still to this day mark my RAV4 payment late every month. You're causing a lot of problems with my lively hood and I will be getting an attorney to resolve this problem. I have bank statements showing that I have made payments every month to this Auto Loan. I am requesting this be resolved within the next 60 business days. Attached is all the emails we have gotten back from making our payments. My credit keeps dropping every month and I can't fix it due to you continuously saying I'm late. I make double and sometimes triple the payment every month. Fix it now! There are many people with this same exact problem and this company should be held responsible. Please help me fix this BBB. I have called Southeast Repeatedly and I get the same answer. "We can't pull your payment history up at this time we will need to get it to that dept and get back to you.

Desired outcome: Please fix on my credit report/ Please call me

View 0 more photos

S
1:55 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Southeast Toyota Finance- World Omni

My name is Stephen Mason and I live at 1037 Grande View Pass, Maylene Alabama 35114. I leased a Toyota Tundra from Toyota of Greenville South Carolina in late 2017. My lease came due last year and I turned the truck in to Serra Toyota...Shortly after this happened my brother decided to end his life because he was unable to find work in NYC and he took a turn for the worse. I spent the greater part of the next 8 to 9 months in NYC taking care of my brothers affairs and handling his business...It was not till I truly returned back to real life that I realized that I had not turned in both keys and there were a few other issues and these items had been charged off to my credit...Please understand at this point I chose not to accept any settlement from the collection company but to pay Toyota in full...My greatest problem with this is that I offered to show every bit of documentation stating that i was in NYC and would have never run from the bill...Additionally i was never late on a payment ever...There is nothing that states I would have ever not paid this final payment...If I paid every payment on time what would suggest that I would not have...If they would have taken it out of my bank directly like every payment I made I would have never said a thing...My problem is there failure to accept this and remove it...You have a loyal Toyota customer that made every payment on time...Had to bury his brother during a crazy year and then paid you back as soon as he realized it and did not accept a lesser settlement...Why would you do this to me based on my history with the company? I just wanted a fair answer and I believe I deserve it...Please feel free to reach out to me at 205-234-3955 or email at [email protected]

Desired outcome: To have this charge off removed...I understand the seriousness of you doing your job but someone has got to understand my circumstance

6:15 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Finance

In late June I was quoted a payoff of $19776.63 by Southeast Toyota for total payment of a Toyota Corolla 2020. A check was sent by Ashley Worth from Navy Federal Credit Union in that amount. When check was in transit, Southeast Toyota somehow raised the price $1500 . At that point purchase was cancelled. Check was to be sent back to WOFC Q1 Exchange LLC, PO BOX 991817 Mobile, AL 36691 8817. As of August 9, 2021 check has never been received . I've contact Southeast several times myself. The only thing I hear is the check was sent. Navy Federal said they never received check. Finally in talking with Tineka at 251 665 6981 they would cancel the first check and overnight a second check last week. Still hasn't been received. Can somebody please track this check and take care of the matter. This girl is not responsible for interest for someone else's incompetence.

Desired outcome: Immediate tracking of this check from Southeast to Navy Federal and render any funds accountable to Ashley Worth.

Update by Dwight Worth
Aug 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Terrible customer service Southeast Toyota

O
8:30 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Title transferring to DMV

I moved to GA in 2019 and in 2020, my husband and I requested SETF to send our car title to GA DMV to renew registration. SETF sent it but it was the wrong title. DMV has been asking us to provide them the correct one.
Early July 2021, we requested the title again before making the appointment at the DMV. We showed up at the DMV a week after requesting, and they told us that they had NOT received our title.
Now I'm literally driving with expired tag everyday for work!
We have an open case on the SETF and we still haven't received any answers. It took the representative 2-3 days to reply each of our message. And the last message they still saying that the case is under review. How long it takes to review and send GA DMV my title? July 2020 till now and you guys haven't figured it out yet?
We have been making payments on time. We called during working hours and the representative literally clueless. She told us all the supervisors left for the day so nobody is around to help.
Now I'm driving with anxiety, hope not getting pull over. This is so messed up!

Desired outcome: Just send my car title to GA DMV please

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Southeast Toyota Finance - Purchase of 2021 hybrid highlander

Ernie Palmer Toyota, your salesman told me the interest rate would be 1.9% for 36 months. He didn't give me the correct amount on the window sticker. Now you have Experian Credit telling me that I am not worthy of a 1.9 % finance for toyota, that they took 35000.00 trade in??? What is wrong with that picture. IN the last couple years, I have had anywhere...

10:28 am

Southeast Toyota Finance - Auto loan servicing

I have never been more two weeks late, and I am in a perpetual late payment treadmill because this company literally charged me my first car payment only two weeks after I put down the first car payment when I purchased the car (I am a disabled veteran on a fixed income). If my payment is even a few days late, they will blow up my cell phone with nonstop harassing phone calls and they refuse to stop. This company is absolutely horrid and, since I have nothing but time being disabled, I am currently researching my legal options as I cannot believe this behavior is at all even legal (or even makes sense given that I am never even 30 days late, usually about 10 days late). My strong recommendation is to avoid this company at all costs. I am currently looking to refinance the vehicle and -- if at all possible -- to sue for any damages under the FDCPA.

Desired outcome: My phone number removed from their records and this practice to stop for all customers.

T
3:50 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Repossessed truck and want more money

I lost my job due to Covid 19. I tried to work out arrangements with this company but they came and repossessed my truck anyway. They don't stick to any arrangements made. Customer service is the worst and a joke at this point. I only had one year left on my loan and now all those years of payments down the drain! Then they sell my truck and say I own them $4000. They sold it for $8900. AI put in almost $20000 into this truck and this is how I'm treated? Stay away from this company.

Desired outcome: Get rid of the $4000 you say I owe after you sold it. Sold my truck for $8900 and still expect me to pay that? Paid 4 years on this truck. It was paid for had it not been for your high interest rates. Principle was done!

J
2:41 am

Southeast Toyota Finance - Payoff refund not received

I refinanced my car loan in June 2020. A check was set to SETF by my refinancing company and it was an overpayment. The credit was supposed to be mailed to me. They're saying the check was cashed around the time a break in happened. I've asked to see a copy of the cancelled the check, but haven't received it. They supposedly mailed it 3 times and attempted to fax it once. It's been almost a year and I'm talking about a nice size check.

Desired outcome: Received my credit

K
6:28 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Unethical behavior

I have been trying since January 2021 to resolve this issue. I have been met with incompetence, rudeness and lies.
I moved out of state from where my lease was originated in December 2020. I received a letter from SETF in January 2021 notifying me that I had to pay sales/use tax before I could title and register my car in my new state. I mailed the check along with a copy of the letter in January. In February the the check still had not cleared my bank. I called SETF, she advised that the mail has been slow to give it another week. Later in February, I still had not had the check clear, I contacted them in their secure Email regarding payment of sales/use tax. I received a response that the payment would post in 2 to 3 business days. It did not, so I called, long story short, they misunderstood my words "SALES/USE TAX " payment for my lease payment.. They need to hire people who can read. She proceeded to tell me mail is slow...told her that excuse won't work for me anymore. She told me I could pay it over the phone and it would expedite things. This was not an option afforded to me in the letter, that would have been nice. Therefore I paid it again, over the phone. I then had to incur the stop check fee from my bank, on the check they misplaced. She advised I would receive the POA and copy of the title in 7-10 business days. I looked at the required paperwork for BMV in this state online and noticed they require 2 POA's. I sent another secure message stating the need for TWO POA's, the same day as my phone call. The response back was this was taken care of on a previous phone call. IT WAS NOT, hence the message. So, I received in the mail ONE POA and a copy of the title. I called SETF told them my story, they wanted to argue the point of needing two, but offered to overnight the second POA. I was grateful, this was on Thursday 3/11. He advised we missed the cutoff but I will receive it Saturday. Today is Monday 3/15, no overnight package. I called today, she told me it did not go out because it was not marked high priority, it will go out tomorrow and I should receive it 3/17. This is ALL unacceptable. In the meantime I have received a letter from FLHSMV, for failure to title my car and will incur a 150.00 reinstatement fee. We are being injured financially by having to pay extra fees and having our license and registration suspended due to no fault of our own but due to negligence, carelessness, and misfeasance on the part of these individuals working for SETF in addition we were intentionally lied to and deceptive practices were employed.

T
1:22 am

Southeast Toyota Finance - Company as a whole

Avoid using this company/bank. They have extremely rude people working that help very little to none whatsoever. They will send someone repossess your vehicle even after making attempts to alert them of a financial situation or working out a plan. As well as getting it before the 3 month behind.
Mine was taken after 1 1/2 months behind after attempting to let it be known I wouldn't be able to make the payment until roughly a week after the 2nd month due date. They came a week before the due date after I had made a half payment and repossessed.

These are extremely shady company that's robbing people left and right. Seriously profiting off of Covid any way they can. They also keep your past due to the highest number of days they possibly can to make it appear you're further behind than you are. I was 39 days past due yet still received a repossession.
Not every person is living beyond there means or broke and unable to pay. Some legitimately hit rough times and simply need a bit of help. You will not receive that here. Even if they give you a extension as I've read many received on here complaining, they see that as a reason to judge you and mark you as the next victim.

Desired outcome: Shut the company down as there is no hope for any decency or nonjudgmental people.

10:24 am

Southeast Toyota Finance - Illegal Repossession

SouthEast Toyota Wrongfully repossessed my vehicle.
I fell behind on my payments in June 2019 but paid over $4, 000 in 3 months and caught them up. They put all the additional payments towards the principal instead of towards the past due amount. I've begged them for over a year to fix it while still having to pay late fees on past due balance. I've continued to make all the payments but woke up on 1/5/21 and my vehicle was gone! I was able to get my belongings from the vehicle and to wait 3 days to finally find out what I had to pay to get it back. I stated all payments had been made and was told I had to send in proof. They immediately lock you out of your online account which I requested access to so I could send in the messaging chats as proof that it was found as an error on their part and it would be corrected. They KNOW that's the best way to get all the proof you need, so why lock you out of your OWN account? I've faxed in ALL my proof and have yet to hear back from them. We just found out the vehicle has been sold at auction without them even giving us the information to retrieve the truck back. We've been told to get a lawyer. We have over $28, 000 in the truck already.

Desired outcome: I want my vehicle back that I was not behind on!!

I
3:38 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Repo my car and no extension during the pandemic

Toyota finance did not accept to give me extensions during the corona virus when I lost my job due to covid 19 and they repo my car while most of the banks give a lot of extensions to their costumers, it's seem to be they making money when they repo the car because I paid 3 years out of my auto loan so all interest rate it's been paid so if they repo my car they will make the rest of the money right away without waiting for the next 3 years payment on my car, they are such a greedy people who have this policy against their customers and the customer service so rude if you don't speak their Alabama accent then they will treat you so bad over the phone and you are not conceder to be a human being on the situation we have in our country because they will take advantage on you no matter what's going on with the corona virus

12:27 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Southeast Toyota Finance - Due to covid-19, the death certificates took longer than usual

My father passed away on 7/21. He had leased a 2019 Toyota Camry in December of 2018 — his third or fourth over the years he lived in FL. His lease has several months left. Since his passing, SETF has taken up far too many hours of my time and added stress to an already difficult situation — particularly for my mother who lost her husband of almost 60 year...

A
2:22 pm

Southeast Toyota Finance - Not sending my title

The loan was paid off by USAA on the 12th of June. I have called three times since then and was told once the title was being worked on. Second, the title is going out this afternoon. Third a real snippy b!tch said the paperwork goes out according to government guidelines. Just got a letter today from USAA looking for the title.
It's Saturday which means there is no customer service as they are closed.

Southeast Toyota Finance contacts