Menu

complaints

Southeast Toyota Finance Complaints Summary

76 Resolved
31 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Southeast Toyota Finance. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
File a complaint
Claimed
Southeast Toyota Finance has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Southeast Toyota Finance. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Southeast Toyota Finance complaints 107

Sort by:

Newest Southeast Toyota Finance complaints

P
7:01 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In July 2023 I had my car taken my south east Toyota financial, after missing payments as result of me loosing my job, and having an automatic payment that were never going through, I was able to get my car back after paying what I owned, ever since then they created a new account number which I never got and was not able to log in into the website to make...

J
11:22 am EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Banking information processing

Just ridiculous customer service, absolutely helpless and rude. Stay away from them. I tried to change the bank information for 5 days with their docusign and they didnt process the new information and when I called to ask for help and complain they just hang up. Also when finally after calling and waisting 1:40 hours they said it’s not enough time to change the banking information! 5 days! Not enough. Those people are absolutely useless

Claimed loss: $350

Desired outcome: $350 reimbursement

1:57 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance SE Toyota Finance - Credit reporting

I leased a Toyota back in 2017 for 3 years for my daughter she missed the very last payment due to being sick when Covid started- Her history finance sheet I received showed 36 orig term, expired pymts 35, remaining pymt 1. I am in the process of purchasing a house and this shows as a Closed Account and a Charged off with over a 9,000 balance. The balance that is showing is preventing me from getting a house when I need to do by January due to landlord selling. I don't understand why is showing 9K.

Desired outcome: I would like this to show 0.00 balance - Closed account - Charge off wording can stay there if you need it.

View 0 more photos

Hide full review

Is Southeast Toyota Finance legit?

Our verdict: Southeast Toyota Finance has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Southeast Toyota Finance's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Southeast Toyota Finance can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Southeast Toyota Finance earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Southeast Toyota Finance achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Southeast Toyota Finance. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

By resolving 71% of 107 negative reviews, Southeast Toyota Finance is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

Setf.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Southeast Toyota Finance website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Setf.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Setf.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Southeast Toyota Finance, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Southeast Toyota Finance is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Several mixed reviews for Southeast Toyota Finance have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

Southeast Toyota Finance website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Setf.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Southeast Toyota Finance.

E
12:26 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance About statements

My name is Ericka Keiton. I'm getting furious with Southeast Toyota not sending me statements. I called numerous of times about it and they all tell me I have a past due. I can't make a payment if I'm not receiving my statements. I reported to consumer reporting agencies about late payments. These late payments occured due to undelivered monthly statements. Under 15 USC 1666b of the Truth In Leading Act, creditors must ensure that statements are mailed or delivered to consumers at least 21 days before the payment due date. I did not recieve these statements since Feb 2023 within the specfied timeframed, leading to inaccurate late payment reporting to consumer reporting agencies. This incorrect credit reporting is not only damaging my credit but also causing me to miss out on financing opportunites.

P
10:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Toyota Venza 2023 on July 24th 2023, with my first payment due September 7th. Enrolled in SETF autopay in August 3rd, and they unexpectedly withdrew the first payment in August 7th, not September 7th. When I called to complain, I was told not to worry, the August payment would be recognized and applied in September, with no payment taken out...

View 0 more photos
H
10:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We requested a lease payoff amount from Southeast Toyota Finance on July 28th and received the payoff amount by mail on August 7th. We sent in a check that day in the amount requested on the payoff paperwork along with the forms required. We did not receive any correspondence back nor did we receive the title. They deposited the check on August 14th. I...

12:01 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Copy of Title/ Costumer Service

Immediately after purchasing the car in Florida I needed to move to a different state for work. Since the DMV in that state required a copy of the title to register my car, I contacted Southeast Toyota Finance. IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 4 WEEKS since I contacted them (July 13th) and I spoke with Derrick as first. He said he requested the copy during our conversation and it will take 70-10 business days.

I have been calling twice a week for the last two weeks for updates and EVERY TIME I speak with a representative, it feels like it is my first time calling because it is the SAME ANSWER OVER AND OVER. Every representative I have spoken with is rude and they clearly do not care about the urgency of the situation.

My temporary tag expired on JULY 16th and I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE THE CAR SINCE THEN.

Desired outcome: Copy of the title to be received by the BMV in Ohio by Tuesday, Aug 7th, 2023 as stated by STF

Update by Maldo
Aug 24, 2023 1:02 pm EDT

The fact that the copy of the title was finally sent, it does not mean the issue itself was resolved. It does not really count when internal issues (costumer services/logistics) in an organization are addressed afterwards. Most representatives I spoke with during those 3-4 weeks periods, did not show consideration or respect for the matter.

6:48 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Southeast toyota finance

I purchased a new 2016 Toyota Prius C in 2017. I paid off my vehicle in 2019 and NEVER received the title or lien release document to get a title in my name. I've contacted SETF multiple times via mail, email, and phone. Mail is never responded to. Only email available is to the Toyota Financial Services who can't help with SETF problems. Phone calls are fruitless because they just hang up on you after they leave you on hold for 45+ minutes. They deleted my account shortly after receiving my last payment so I can't send a "secure message" anymore and the old account number doesn't register with their "updated" system. The website has been in a perpetual state of maintenance since 2019 for sending support messages.

Needless to say, nearly four years after I paid off my vehicle, I STILL don't own it. Thank goodness I haven't had an accident in it because as it stands I wouldn't even get reimbursed by my insurance because I can't get the title. I can't even get a replacement title because the DMV requires proof that the lien has been released, which has to come from SETF, before I can get my copy. If I wanted to sell the car I couldn't because the next person couldn't get the title either.

Desired outcome: I want a Release of Lien Document provided to me so that I can get my title free and clear and a payment of $40 in compensation for the payments I've had to make to the Alabama Department of Revenue to request a new title.

Read full review of Southeast Toyota Finance and 1 comment

1 comment
K
K
Kenny Minton
Lewisville, US
Aug 10, 2023 6:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem with company. My vehicle has been paid off for several year now and never received a lean release or the title to the vehicle. I have been trying to clear this up and get my title since March 2023 but have not able to. I just want the title to my vehicle.

1:57 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Alabama location

We have paid our car off early and still won’t update our credit report. We have called several times and the office in Alabama just keeps you on hold for 20 min or more until you finally give up. After 2 hours I. The phone and on hold most of that time. I’m done with Toyota! We paid 35k on our vehicle and paid it off 2 years early. Never again will I ever finance with Toyota! I will however tell everyone on social media not to ever buy a Toyota! I’m turning you into the better business bureau. And that Tundra we was buying after this was settled.

Well Ford will

Be getting my business on a new f250. Toyota you lost your chance.

Desired outcome: Report my correct Ammon as 0 and paid off early. That’s all I want!!!

L
12:26 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance My car title after paying it off never came

I paid my car off, in full, Sept 13, with a cashier's check to hurry it along!

Ended up calling Raleigh NC and finally got to speak with a live person, found out the SETF needed to release an electronic Lean? So I called SETF to be told that they had released it to Raleigh, but they would summit it again! I have waited close to 6 weeks on this to only be told " they would send it again! When we are keeping the rest of the world up, the good Samaritans are being crapped all over, this is so wrong! I can't believe this! Never again!

Desired outcome: I want my car title in my hands which should have already been here.

11:29 am EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Finance for my Vehicle

SE Toyota Finance were absolutely unclear as to how my finance payments would work at Lipton Toyota. The only goal of my financial agent, Robin Vazquez, was to have me sign on an electronic pen pad and get me out of the dealership. I asked multiple times to show me the break down of my payments, and he kept saying to call you once I had completed the transaction. I tried calling SE F company to get a breakdown and they kept saying I had to apply for one to be sent in the mail. In the meantime, I've accrued hundreds of dollars of interest as I'm waiting for these documents.

Desired outcome: Please be more transparent as to what I am paying for in using the finance and what the schedule of interest will be BEFORE purchasing insurance with your company.

C
1:07 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Finance

My wife and I purchased a new 2022 back in June 2022 from Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville FL. The whole process has been a complete nightmare. They messed up our paperwork twice and we had to resign contracts. On July 22 2022 I called Southeast Toyota Finance to get our account number and first payment date as we had no received a bill yet. The guy I spoke with gave me the account number and I told him I was pretty sure our first payment was due August 10 2022. He said no it’s due Spet 10 2022 which I asked him are you sure and he said yes. Today August 19. 2022 we received a call from them stating our account is 8 days past due. I told the lady that I had called in and she verified that I did in her system. At that point all she could tell me was that this was going to be escalated up. This has been the worst experience we have ever had buying a vehicle. We usually stick to American brands but thought we would give Toyota a try. Lesson learned this was our first Toyota purchase and it will be the last. Horrible from start to finish with the buying process.

Desired outcome: Hire competent employees

3:37 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Service Department Butler Toyota

I am a 5 Toyota car owner. I believe in Toyota, however, I recently had an issue that needed to be resolved. I took Sequoia to BUTLER Toyota to be repaired. The diagnosed and discovered bad wiring harness that I agreed to have repaired at $1800. While diagnosing issue they said they had to remove fuel tank. When I got car back my fuel gauge was not working. They agreed it was caused by them and agreed to do repairs for free. A week later the gauge stopped working yet again. I brought it back and they agreed to repair it. I got a call about a week later that it would cost me $395 to repair. I had a very difficult time contacting service writer. so finally I left detailed message. i never got call back so I had to file complaint. Finally after second complaint, I was contacted by service manager and he suggested it was a coincidence that fuel gauge failed at same time they removed the tank and he was not going to fix vehicle. Then said it was not $395 but much more. I suggested I take it to another Toyota dealership and if they determined it was caused by removing tank that Butler cover repairs he said NO. I need my Toyota repaired and root cause was tank being removed by Butler techs so I should not be charged for repairs.

Desired outcome: I need my Toyota repaired and root cause was tank being removed by Butler techs so I should not be charged for repairs.

B
2:07 pm EDT

Southeast Toyota Finance Air Compressor

my 2015 toyato prerunner air condition compressor make a sound when you turn it on was new when i got it took it back time after time would tell me it is ok the last time they order new compressor i was told the work truck make same sound but was not there for me to listen too he told they put new one on but it going make same sound you have to run on high all the time i dont think they changed it i know i talk to a man that has a 2014 like mine it dont make that sound and air cold my brother and two friends have trucks like mine air cold no sound i have had 2 new trucks n 2 new car all toyota i know they something wrong with it when i go it new it make me not want a toyota again if you can help me with this the truck was new i got it [protected] thank you. [protected]@charter .net

S
5:16 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Website access

Since 4:30 PM on 2/17/2022, I’ve been unable to access my account info online. I’ve input my account #, ss# after the system said my login and password were unable to be located. Please advise ASAP.

Desired outcome: Reset my account so I can initiate a new login & PW.

C
12:34 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Monthly payment

I have been charged an extra fee of $30 On My monthly Payment due to some sort of check that your company claimed I sent, which I never did.

I called multiple times to let you know that I have never sent the check, and every time I was told that someone is looking into it.

I filed a complaint with BBB and that is when I received a letter stating that you have made a mistake and I will be reimbursed.

I still have not been reimbursed and new monthly payment bill did not reflect any credit on that.
I called and finally someone told me to go ahead and take it upon myself to make a monthly payment minus the $30 because your system does not send out bills that are not the regular monthly payment.
This is an absolute ridiculous way to handle this.
I am looking to refinance with someone else asap, would never ever recommend doing business with you again.

6:25 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Car

Toyota repossessed my car, notified me that I will have until the January 15th to pay off the car before it goes to auction. The car was paid off before the 15th of January, they then said "okay, you have to pick up your car at the auction." Now between the towing company, auction and Toyota finance no one could find my license plate. In the process my license plate got lost or stolen. It's 5 days now the car has been paid off and I can't retrieve my car because the plates is stolen and Toyota says they can't do anything for me. Mr Bill Purden (superior) suppose to reach out and he never did. They are such ungrateful and makes Toyota brand look like crap. Such a shame. These people need to get it together. Never ever again Toyota. They don't even care if you're not well. They will destroy you if they have to .each representative was also rude. Sucks because Toyota had great cars but horrific employees.

Desired outcome: Nothing

I
5:37 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Payment

I was charged an extra 30$ processing fee on top of my monthly payment. When I called to ask why I was told it was because of a 255$ check that they reimbursed back to me.
I never wrote any checks to them and there was never anything reimbursed to me. Ive always made my payments on time online.
Called a couple of times and I was always told they are working on finding the check I wrote ?!
Horrible business practices

Desired outcome: Reimbursement

S
7:40 pm EST

Southeast Toyota Finance Impersonal and uncaring personnel

My husband financed a 2016 Toyota Camry for our daughter's graduation in 2016. He made all the payments on time or ahead of time. He died in February 2019 before the car was paid off. I contacted them and let them know that my household income was significantly decreased by his death but I wanted to finish paying for the car. My daughter graduated college and joined the military so that she could pay off her car. I literally begged for a two month extension so that she could complete boot camp and pay for her car They repossessed the car despite my constant requests for some assistance. The people that I spoke to were very uncaring and insisted that I make the payments. I would have to skip a month on my power bill to make a payment on the car. I did that but as the cold weather came in my power bill increased and I couldn't afford to pay two months at a time so my payments were 86 days past due. I thought I had 90 days before repossession and I borrowed the payment but my online account was closed the same day that they repossessed the car.

Desired outcome: HELP

Read full review of Southeast Toyota Finance and 1 comment

1 comment
Mr. Helpful
Los Angeles, US
Dec 03, 2021 8:38 pm EST

I'm sorry for your loss.

Have you checked with a local financial institution for a loan?

F
12:37 pm EDT
Southeast Toyota Finance has left an official reply on this complaint.

Southeast Toyota Finance Closed end Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement Violation / Fraud

My Client, Ms. Grisell Sanchez, leased a 2018 Toyota Corolla on or about 02/28/2018 for a term of 35 payments. The lease, pursuant to the agreement, terminated on Jan 2021. On January 30, 2021, pursuant to paragraph 40 of said agreement, the vehicle was returned to Toyota of North Miami; ending mileage 34354. Then on February 12, 2021, my client retuned to Toyota of North Miami the vehicle's extra key. We have copies of the Lease Termination Acknowledgement document.

A short time later, the car was lost by the dealer. This loss occurred while the car was under the care, custody and sole control of the dealer, as Ms. Sanchez had fulfilled her obligation under the Agreement.

On April 29, 2021, Rushie Reid, a Toyota employee (the leasing manager), filed a stolen vehicle report with the local police agency (Miami-Dade Police case No. PD [protected]). This report included a sworn to affidavit by Mr. Reid wherein he stated that, under the penalty of perjury, my client had terminated the lease and returned the vehicle to the dealer.

Despite terminating her lease pursuant to paragraph 40 of the Agreement, Toyota Finance required additional leasing payments form Ms. Sanchez. These additional payment were not supported by any provision or term of the agreement as Ms. Sanchez had fulfilled her contractual obligation.

Toyota Finance reported said "non-payments" to the major credit bureaus despite the lack of authority.

We are requesting that said unauthorized and improper late payments be reported to the credit bureau as incorrect so as to clear her credit report which has been seriously damaged by the negligence of Toyota Finance.

I have copies of all relevant documents:

1) Lease Agreement
2) Termination of Lease Agreement
3) Miami-Dade Police Report
4) Affidavit by Rushie Reid
5) Late Payment letters

Please contact me at below to avoid further Legal action:
Luis M. Fuste
Fuste Law PA
[protected]@fustelaw.com
[protected]

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Southeast Toyota Finance contacts