The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Empire Today — sleazy sales tactics
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I called Empire Today and had a sales representative come for a free carpet installation estimate. He was an extremely fast talker and fit the stereotypical salesman persona:fast talking, fairly slick, etc. He quickly began showing me samples, and made an obvious push toward the more expensive carpet, and nonchalantly dismissed the "inferior" products. After measuring, he gave me an initial quote of $4, 300 for everything. I balked at his offer, as the space was an unfurnished 950 square foot space upstairs. After making some fake phone calls to his "manager, " he gave me another price for $2, 200! Are you kidding me! How can there be such a huge price disparity?! I soon realized this salesman was playing games and I did not want any part of it. I asked him for an itemized breakdown of their cost and labor charges, and he said "we don't do our billing that way, " which seemed extremely odd. He then tried to pressure me by telling me it costs his company $500 to come to my house and that he will not come back; nor can I keep his estimate and call him back once I feel more comfortable. His take it or leave it stance seemed very unprofessional. I ended up going with a small Mom & Pop Carpet Store near my house, which offered me better carpet, thicker padding, and most importantly, a better price. Don't call Empire Today!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Empire Today Complaints & Reviews
- Empire Carpet - fraudulent quote!
- Empire Today - steer clear of empire today!
- Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service
- Empire Today - price deception!
- Empire Today - cost of quote
- Empire Today - breech of contract
- Empire Today - bad carpet - hey said they would replace-avoiding my calls again
- Empire Today - Carpet installation
- Empire Today - cancellation
- Empire Today - installation issues and unethical behavior