Empire Carpetbad carpet quality

R

I am so disspointed with Empire and will never use them again or recommended anyone. We got terrible cheap berber carpet. We had berber carpet for 16 years previouisly, the same one and never had any problems. The only reason I changed was because I thought it was time and I had a water stain. The first day after the installers left, they snagged my new berber carpet and I had to wait a week before an installer could come and look at it and try to repair it and he even suggested they replace the whole carpet as it was noticeable and I had to wait another week and a 1/2 before an installer came and decided it wasn't a manufacturer's defect - the installers snagged the carpet as we were not even home!! To no avail, the day after the inspector left, I noticed a long black mark in the carpet - it turned out that the carpet seam split and it is so obvious!! Yesterday two more snags occured in the carpet and I am not going to carry super glue with me everytime I walk on the carpet. Very dissapointed.

• Mo
    mot B Oct 10, 2008

Worst carpet Ever! I have had 3 pulls since we bought the carpet. Have been waiting 2 months just to get the latest 2 pulls inspected and now are waiting for someone to tell us if they are even going to fix the carpet. Since the carpet was installed so badly we can't even use our new vacuum for fear that we will snag the carpet again and create another pull. Very disappointed and disgusted.

• Ka
    kathyc Oct 08, 2008

You can contact an independent carpet inspector to inspect your flooring. Unfortunately at your cost. They will tell you if your carpet has a defect due to manufacturing or if it is not installed according to the manufacturers specifications.