Edgars Fashion / Edcon Logo

Edgars Fashion / Edcon

Having problems with Edgars Fashion / Edcon?

Edgars Fashion / Edcon Customer Service Contacts

+27 86 011 2442 (South Africa)
+27 11 891 8000 (International)
Edgardale, Press Avenue, Crown Mines
Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Edgars Fashion / Edcon Customer Service. Initial Edgars Fashion / Edcon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Edgars Fashion / Edcon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Edgars Fashion / Edcon. Discuss the issues you have had with Edgars Fashion / Edcon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Edgars Fashion / Edcon — false advertising

I am based in Swaziland. I saw a cellphone j1 samsung on the price R1499 save 100 on selected stores only in...

Edgars Fashion / Edconcell phone insurance

My name is Emilia Duplessis. My Nr is [protected].
I submitted my cell phone claim on the 2.08.17.
On the 14.08.17 I received a SMS from the insurance stating that my claim has been approved. I went the store and was informed that my claim was only approved for R3500 whereas my phone’s worth was R4000.00.

I was informed by the store that I was under insured, instead of being on the R89 insurance I was on the R79. Therefore making me a R10 short per month.
I called Finrite and spoke to a consultant who agreed that the extra R10 will be added to my account and that she had escalated the claim to the underwriters. She informed me that it will have to be approved which will take up to 7 days. I waited about two weeks before contacting Edgars in Adderley and ever since I have to make numerous expensive calls to Finrite to follow up on this claim.

I find it very unfair that a customer has to struggle like this to get a claim approve. It’s been almost two months that I am without a cell phone and it is not my fault that my insurance was not updated when I got the J7. Every time I must call the insurance and nobody is making an effort to get back to me. I find this very unprofessional and unfair. As a paying customer I should not have to struggle like this. Today it is the 20.09.17 and I am still without a phone.

Yesterday I called again and was informed that I will have to a additional amount of R890 and a R420 when I asked the consultant what it’s for she couldn’t answer me and was going to call me back.
I called back again yesterday and this morning and was told that no one can help me as your system is offline since yesterday.

Edgars Fashion / Edconservice fees added to my account without consent and knowledge about it

I received my monthly Edgars statement this month and I see an amount was charged for Account Protection Plan, of which I did not agree to. The same with a service fee that was added without explaining to me what this was for.
    I had this Edgars account for over 30 years and never have I not paid my account. Does Edcon/Edgars rather want me to cancel my account after all these years of being a trustful/loyal client, than to accommodate and cancel these unacceptable fees that I did not agree to?

Edgars Fashion / Edconunruly racist customer

I visited the edgars phalaborwa today and encountered a customer who was so racist towards me and my wife. The cashiers did not even bother to call security or try and control the situation, as a fellow customer I expected edgars to atleast step in and try to stop the lady from verbally abusing us. I am utterly disgraced to be a South African when you can still have people, especially in a public environment shout out comments such as 'go back to india' and 'voetsak' at you. So please edgars/edcon how can I be assured that I can shop in peace at your stores again??

Edgars Fashion / Edconedgars online poor service

I placed an order on the 7 September 2017. for a total of 3 items totally to R1330, available stock was selected as per stated availability, however upon delivery 2 items which were gifts fyi, was not included due to being out of stock. i also requested to be called before delivery was made.
        there was no call nor email confirming any delivery date. there was no confirmation of purchase. 2 items not included needed to be refunded no communication from Edgars at all. upon calling them i was told we have logged a query and someone will call on the same day or the day after. still no call no email. i had to call again, i was told we have logged a query your ref number is [protected]/GO, someone will call. however there has no correspondence from anyone has yet. why is it that the cash is deducted immediately however the refund of undelivered goods is such a hassle to get back. why was i not told that there is no stock, why was i not called before delivery, why hasn't there been any correspondence to my numerous calls.

• Co
            Collens selowa Nov 25, 2020

Hi I'm collens I am looking for Edgar's account I went to giyani masingita mall they said they are not opening so how can I get help I will leave my contact details

My number is [protected]
            [email protected]

Edgars Fashion / Edconunethical behaviour to an account query raised

On the 14/09/2017 I contacted the accounts department [protected]) regarding charges that had been debited to my account without authorisation i.e. two club memberships, dental policy, funeral policy and an insurance policy. The contact was made with a creditor's agent by the name of Pamela Ngna. I requested from her proof of authorisation as I had not signed for the said benefits and also requested a statement of my account. She could not provide me with details on the methodology on the dispatch of statements. The said agent suggested I go into a store and resolve the said query; to which I retorted that surely a company of Edcon's size and stature should provide the necessary communication with their cliental base as there is a cost to time and travel to a store. Pamela Ngna referred to me as ignorant and I immediately confirmed that the said conversation was recorded. I have been a client of Edgars for almost thirty years and if this is the service one receives with a query; I find it utterly despicable and am considering closing my account. I request a refund for unauthorised charges and a statement to be sent to my email address i.e. [protected]@gmail.com

Edgars Fashion / Edconapplying for a new account

I applied for an account and it was approved, I received an sms that it was approved and I should come collect my card. I went to the store 3 times. First the system was down and it I had to return at a later date. I went to the store a 2nd time and I was told that my account was blocked because it was incorrectly approved and they need my employment contract. I went back a 3rd time on 09 September 2017 with my contract. The lady at customer service assisted me and sent my contract through to head office and also phoned to explained the situation. Head office then told her that I had to apply for a new account as the initial one was blocked and also told her that they needed my August payslip for the application, but I did not have my August payslip when I initially applied and obviously I did not have it on my at that time. I was asked if I can get my August payslip and I went home got my payslip and then return to the store again. I provided them with my payslip and everything was send through to head office. The lady at customer services again phoned head office and I waited there for another hour and she spoke to 3 different people at head office before one told her that they cannot accept my employment contract because the duration of my contract ( number of months ) was written by hand and was not typed as the rest of the contract. So I basically just wasted 4 hours of my life on something they could have just said when the contract send through initially instead of asking for a payslip that would not have matter anyway. I would like thank the lady at customer service at Somerset Mall for her assistance and say that the people at head office are all incompetent idiots.

Edgars Fashion / Edconcomplaints of money deductions that I didn't agree about and they were never reversed

Hello there my name is TB Lekoloane my account no is [protected] Complaints of money deductions that I didn't agree upon and they are not reversed even now and they have cost me arrears on my account. Your crooks why should you take my. oney without my consent. You need to be named and shamed. im not gonna live this unattended

Edgars Fashion / Edconhr bad services (head office edgardale)

I have called Edcon call center requesting for HR assistance (Head Office) with my provident fund IRP5. Been told to call a lady by the name of Sarah who deals with Provident Funds. 90% of the time you will not get ahold of her and when you do she responds in a very rude manner.
                When sending emails to HR Admin all you get is a response with just a normal IRP5 but when you respond highlighting which one you are distinctively looking for then the communication stops without escalation. Who must then assist us with these things as I am the one feeling the pinch from SARS for outstanding documentation not them. The service is despicably horrible from Sarah specifically.
                No wonder I closed my account with Edcon as well. Cannot deal with the level of incompetence.

Edgarsaccounts

Please can one of your accounts managers contact me with regards to my account as I was in one of your stores today and the staff could not assist me in anyway and rather looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. I really didn't appreciate the way they treated me and require a proper breakdown of my statement for the past few days.
                  My number is [protected]

Edgars Fashion / Edconcredit facility

Good day... i would like to complain about your limit increase procedure. 1stly according to NCA every client has the right to know why a credit provider declines an application which in my position i am not informed. I did a application and emailed relevant docs to [protected]@edcon.co.za and up to this minutes waiting for reason. Everytime i contact customer service i am being put on hold and call then gets dropped

Edgars Fashion / Edconjonathan d jacket

I Brought this jacket JONATHAN D by Edgars in Menlyn in June 2017. My husband got it for his birthday on 23 June 2017. He started wearing it then... I paid nearly R800.00 for it and wear the leather is. The leather is starting to come off... Very awful quality... I'm very disappointed and I hope something can be done about it. You cannot pay R800.00 for somthing that lasts only 2 months... That is really bad..

jonathan d jacket

Edgars — fraud and poor customer services

I logged a dispute on the 6th of August. Edgars cancelled my account card and issued it to an unknown...

Edgars Fashion / Edconconsultant pressure selling me to come back to store or my edgars account will be blocked

I processed and online application to obtain an Edgars account. I received and sms to collect my card at any branch. Upon arrive a lovely lady assisted me quickly and efficiently. I was then questioned by another consultant just next to me as to why I did the application online? And that I should rather come in store to do it, obviously for his benefit. I ignored this because I understand he needs to make commission, however he was blatantly rude about this.

I left the store with my new account and was happy. Two hours later I received to separate phone calls from [protected] and [protected] from Daniel informing me that I must come back to the store to get a club card or my account that I processed online will be blocked and I wont be able to use the account. I asked why? and was immediately just told to come back.

Not only was this consultant rude he had no manners and I could clearly pick up he was trying to get me back there to sell me something else. In short pressure sell me with some dodgy excuse to get me back to the store.

I received another call about an hour later with Daniel questioning me as to why I am not there yet? This infuriated me to the point where I wanted to confront him on a personal level. I made the right decision not to go back to the store because the outcome would only result in further problems.

I would like this consultant to be dealt with and for feedback to be provided on what will be done to improve not only this consultants skills on the floor, but his overall demeanour. Alternatively I will approach a third party to have my complaint dealt with.

Edgars Fashion / Edconaccounts

I had an account with Edgars for the last 20m odd years. Buying regularly and paying regularly on specific dates. Approximately 4 to 5 years ago they strated to charge late payments charge if you paid after a certain day of the month. I queried this from the beginning and they told me in the beginning I needed to phone every month to inform them that I will pay after this deadline. Time went by and this just continued. Various phone calls letters and hours on the phone explaining to no success at all. I eventually just ignored it. My credit went up and up with out consenting from me or me signing any agreement to this. Eventually I got to a point where I was tired of complaining writing letters and receiving threatening phone calls I closed my account. I had a balance of an odd R500 or so. I told them that this is for all the late payment charges they have illegally charged me and i will not pay it until they can show me where I signed and agreed to new terms and conditions. They sent me invoices of purchases done with a signature that is not mine. I am the account holder and they have no proof that I had signed for any change in my terms and conditions. Still up to date no proof has been given to me. I have in the mean time being handed over to debt collectors who keep contacting me and threatening that im going to be blacklisted. the more I tell them I need proof the more angry and irritating they become. I refuse to pay for something that I was not informed or in agreement to. Yet they continue without reason to harass me with debt collectors. They cant seem to comprehend.

Edgars Fashion / Edconquality of clothes

I've been an Edgars customer for a long time, I buy clothes for myself, husband and my kids. Recently the quality of clothes is so bad that last year I bought a very expensive dress which I only won for one day and the stitch was so loose I couldn't wear it again.

Last week I bought a nice Kelso jacket but the was very disappointed with the way it was tailored. When you wearing it, at the back it stands up like you are having a tale. The black furring inside comes out at the back, its like it was not carefully, nicely measured when tailored. For an expensive jacket like that, I didn't expect such quality.

Its not the only things that I had problem with when it comes to quality at Edgars. Most of these items are very expensive because the jacket I returned today was worth R449.99 and the dress was R850.

Edgars Fashion / Edconmanagement and service

I was instore to pay my account which a consultant at customer care was happy to do when she ran into a stumbling block. The calls to your contact centre was offline. I asked her if there was another way of closing the account and she said they the only people dealing with closure of accounts. She then referred me to the manager whom she ran to call, took about 5 mins to locate him. She eventually returned as a line of customers was waiting by then. The manager came strolling along 4mins later to be exact. I told your consultant to continue with other customers by then. On arrival the manager did not great as I expected and I greater first. I asked him to assist me by caking someone at your HO but he said he could not. I posted the question as to why he could not he said they offline. I explained that clearly there should be a manager there which he could contact. He indicated that he has no numbers and knows no one HO. I asked how long he has been working for the company and asked if he could offer any assistance as I was unable to come back for the telephone call and he said no. He then insisted I should come back when I have time to do so. As a manager myself I would offer better service to my clients and ensure that when they leave they satisfied with the outcome. I told him that he should be in contact with them the very next day and gave my telephone number as well as my receipt of payment to him. I asked if he could give me feedback on the closure of account the next day. A week has passed and still no feedback received. My account at the credit bureau is still active and I very disappointed in the BAD service given.

I have a baby and don't really go out with her as she is still to small to be out and about.

Please assist as this is my last hope.

Regards
                              Miss R Pritchard
                              [protected]

Boardmans — wedding registry

Today I probably had the worst shopping experience so far. My fiance and I are getting married in December...

Pretoria

Edgars Fashion / Edconservice is utter rubbish

Called call center no1 can trace my account nd service consultants keep dropping the call [protected] nimble cannot provide paid up letter as it was taken by Edgar's again back to them nimble ref44022988 spoke with lungelo dropped my call lindiwe boyana tried her best I applaude her bt gave me wrong email to send my query I need proof of the account existence or I'd paid up I want a formal pdf document please call me bck for further clarification [protected]

Edgars Fashion / Edconmakeup - delivery

I've ordered a few makeup products from the redsquare store. Each time one of the makeup products have either been damaged or fallen apart. My last order ( Still waiting for it) I've placed two weeks ago. Normal delivery - 3 days. All products were in stock. I've been trying to contact the customer service branch as well as the complaints dept. To no avail. Phone gets put down in my ear, empty promises made and I can't get a refund according to *Martha. Very glad I've closed my account with them for good. Poor assistance, poor packaging, poor products and constant blameshifting.