Economy Car Rentalsexcess charges

L

I recently hired a car through you in Malta, from 22/04/17 to 06/05/17. On returning the car the person who met me said that damage had occurred on the offside quarter panel, on inspection there were a couple of transfer marks where something had rubbed up against it. The paintwork and bodywork were not damaged, but I was told I would be charged 175 Euros as was in agreement. This seemed excessive to me as a polish with T-cut would have brought it up as good as new. Anyway, I had taken out excess insurance cover to cover me for such eventualities. When I checked my card statement I found that I have been charged £389.91 for the car hire, a further £61.25 on 04/05/17 for who knows what as I had not returned the car yet and a further £148.92, which I presume is for the excess. I still don't know why the £61.25 has been taken or why £389.91 was taken for the hire, as that was supposed to be 238 Euros. When we subtract one from the other then that works out at about 175 Euros, so it seems that I have been charge twice for the excess, also I require a receipt or an invoice from them so that I may claim that money back off my insurance, I hope that you can sort this out satisfactory as I have tried to contact the hire company with no success.

• Economy Car Rentals's response · May 08, 2017

Dear Les Tabrah,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Could you please advise your voucher number since I cannot trace your reservation.
    I will check the charges with the car rental company as soon as I will receive your response.

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
    EconomyCarRentals.com

Here is the voucher number you requested from me, 2988655
    car rental provider confirmation number 2988655.
    receipt number 2633603. If this is not resolved to my satisfaction within the next 2 days I will be forced to inform my credit card company about the unauthorized payments made and will ask them to proceed on my behalf to reclaim all over payments.

• Updated by Les Tabrah · May 09, 2017

The update to my complaint has already been posted above.

• Economy Car Rentals's response · May 09, 2017

Dear Les Tabrah,

Thank you for your response.
    I have already send you an e-mail and also I have already requested the final invoice from the car rental company.
    Since you signed an agreement locally, the invoice is always issued by the car rental company and they should provided to us in order to check the charges applied.

Thank you.

Best regards,
    EconomyCarRentals.com

• Updated by Les Tabrah · May 09, 2017

Hello again, as I previously explained, I have not been sent or given an invoice or receipt for the extra charges, that is why I have been in contact with yourselves. I have tried to contact the hire company for the invoice or receipt and for information as to what the excess charges were without success, that is why I have contacted you, so that you could possibly obtain from them the information and invoice or receipt and have them email them to me with an explanation as to what the extra charges were for, I cannot give any more information as I do not have any, so please can you obtain the answers and invoices or receipts that I require to claim on my insurance, in anticipation thank you.