eBayvehicle purchase (1986 ford mustang svo)

C Jul 01, 2019 Review updated:

I recently purchased the subject vehicle.
It was falsely described as being mint and flawless with original parts. Furthermore via message seller said no rust.

Once received it has been found that there is substantial rust that has been painted over, many non original parts put on to hide the card real condition and many other items.

I have attempted to contact seller through eBay, via text, via phone and via email.

His email and phone are no longer active.

I have offered to return vehicle for a refund but have been ignored

This type of situation is going to force me to public state my situation as I'm getting no help from ebay

• SubSquirrel Jul 01, 2019

I bought a 1969 Chevy Nova on eBay. Three grand to ship it to me. Missing parts, rear left panel wasn’t original and missing one seat. Phone disconnected and seller couldn’t be located. Found original parts for close to six grand after spending ten grand for car and three grand to ship. No rust was true.

The next California car was a 1967 Barracuda but I had a friend there when loaded up and he sent pictures after looking at it. Dream car needed little restoration.

I ceased eBay shopping for cars unless it was local. Found a red Mustang from 1968 with some rust but kept in great shape. Restoring it was fairly simple and not too expensive.

I still hate drum brakes.