eBayforced refund

L Nov 10, 2018

An item I sold was as described. Buyer said item was missing a piece that was not even included in the auction and that did not even come with the item when bought new! I called ebay and they said just because the buyer said it was not as described even though it was, they were refunding the buyer and charging ME for return shipping. The buyer is being allowed to return the item at my expense for something that was not even supposed to be included! When asked for a reversal of decision got a whole run around about how that is not possible, blah blah blah, no one here does that, blah blah blah and refused to change the decision even when agreeing that my item was accurately described, the item complained about was not in the listing description and does not even come with it originally. The item is a USB microphone which does not include an adapter (the item claimed missing) because it plugs directly into the computer with the usb cord which was included and is not the "missing" item being complained about! If the buyer feels they needed an adapter they should have had to purchase one separately since none was included in my auction nor came with the original item. The item does not even need to be plugged in with an adapter since it is powered and run by the computer. I am seriously considering cancelling my business with ebay over this dispute. Where is the backing for good customers! I have had over 1100 sales and this buyer is new but they are getting better treatment than I am. I am very upset and want the decision reversed immediately but am told its not possible. Now the buyer has had the item for over 3 weeks, could have broken it for all I know but I am being forced to accept its return and give a refund when I am totally opposed to the wrongful decision.