EasySaver.comUnauthorized bank withdrawals

WHAT THEY DO: This company targets victims through purchases made on reputable websites, (in our case, Proflowers.com) offering discounts on "your next purchase of $15.00 (or more)", then uses your payment information (!) to AUTO-CHARGE or AUTO-WITHDRAW funds once a month or more.

HOW THEY DO IT? : Before finalizing your purchase, or after purchase but before confirmation... Clicking through to the discount via a popup allows them to gather your payment information whether credit or debit card, and while indeed they are offering you a legitimate discount on your next purchase ( - BURIED IN THE FINE PRINT A MILLION CLICKS AWAY - also enrolls you in a MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP to their club (?) and automatically charges to you, or in the case of a debit card purchase, AUTO-WITHDRAWS 14.95 (or more) per month.

Disguising themselves under the mantle of "Professional Services & Membership Organizations" in bank statement transaction details, I assumed that my husband had joined yet another business org. for his profession. To satisfy my own curiousity, I called the number in my online bank statement under their transaction. Recording answered that the "membership" had been "taken" through Proflowers.com, and in order to access the account I needed to provide three pieces of information, NONE of which I had.

RESOLUTION: Complete refund, with the help of my bank.

After research, it was determined that my husband had ordered flowers from Proflowers.com, and believing it to be an offer from Proflowers, which he uses frequently, he simply clicked through when the "discount offer" was made.

I called my Bank of America claims department, and was taken care of immediately by the service agent, whose next action was MOST impressive. After stating all the above, she promptly blocked my husband's card from all future charges from easysaver.com, then facilitated a three-way call. I simply listened as she stated she was from Bank of America and on the phone with me and was calling to CANCEL this membership.

My BOA claims rep was professional and courteous, and got the job done. It was the easysaver rep who in the end offered a full refund.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: I got the distinct impression that both my bank and the easysaver rep have been through this routine before. If you've been victimized through this clever marketing ploy, call your bank immediately.

• Ca
    Caroline Nov 06, 2009

Hello,
    My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion you experienced regarding our partner program. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns, assist you with anything I can and receive any additional feedback to improve our service. Please contact me directly to discuss, my phone number is [protected]. I would like to assist you in any way that I can.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices