Easy Spirit Shoessole comming unglued

K

my husband has had to use commercial glue to repair his easy spirit shoes three times. i know this is not the first complaint, but what i'd lilke to know is WHAT the company is doing or planning to do about the DEFECTIVE merchandis. nataurally this doesn't happen right away, after all you don't wear the same shoe day after day, but after maybe a dozen wearings when this happens you can't even take them back to where you got them in the first place.help

• Da
    Dandy dimples Oct 29, 2018

Same problem with mine. It has happened with 4 pairs now So disgusted with hardly worn shoes.

JoyceH Sep 21, 2016

Purchased a pair of Setambor sandal type Easy Spirit shoes at one of the Easy Spirit factory stores about six years ago, or so. I've probably worn them only a handful of times as they are not my favorite. They are a bit too heavy to be especially comfortable. Wore them to work today and the entire upper part of the shoe came apart from the sole. There are three separate straps and all three gave way. I found myself using rubber bands to keep the shoe in my foot till the end of the day as there was nothing holding them on my foot. To my knowledge I never got them wet. The uppers are in perfect shape and the tread design on the sole shows very little wear. The shoes are made in China. I know I paid near $50 even at a factory store. Very disappointing to say the least.

• Pe
    pete007 Feb 03, 2016

mine were made in china and after a few wearing, the sole that come over the front tip just separated on both shoes. Their customer service is very slick and it sounds like they read from a script; no receipt, no returns; even with receipt after a year "the weather, temperature conditions can affect the shoe over which they have no control" therefore no redress...

• Ca
    Carolyn Webb Aug 30, 2015

I have had many pairs of Easyspirit shoes and have never had this problem before. A portion of the shoe is peeling off and looks bad. They were made in China. I am attaching a picture. How do I complain to the company?

• Ka
    Karen Ortel Mar 13, 2015

I have two pairs of easy spirits shoes not only did the sole give way and separate the material is gone and rubbing away on the shoe it self. one pair is blue and one is tan. I've never had a pair of shoes do that let alone 2 pairs of easy spirits. I thought paying that much money for shoes would help protect for these problems. You can contact me at :this email, Karen Ortel

• Wa
    Wandagjf Jan 18, 2015

It is depressing that a company that once enjoyed a pristine reputation would become so lax with the workmanship of their product that they would market a shoe that would literally fall off your feet in chunks. Is the bottom line so important that you would stoop to this level of selling a piece of junk? Apparently so!!!

• Na
    NANDEV Jan 12, 2015

I have a pair I have worn only 6 times and the soles came unglued when they got wet. It seems the glue is water soluble. They did not hold up. There is no way to re-glue as the inner soles are a foam type material and the rubber outer sole will not adhere. Needless to say $49.00 in the trash can. I will never buy again. I am so disappointed. Money wasted on bad shoes. I have a pair from years ago and they did not do this. I think the new manufacturer is
    using inferior materials. This is an expensive shoe to have them fall apart.

• Ph
    Phyll Jul 19, 2014

Unfortunately these are the only shoes I have found comfortable enough to wear the entire day. I also have had a dozen pair during the

past two years and have had the sole come loose on several pair. The shoe repairman actually peeled the sole completely off the pair I

use only for house slippers. In addition, the fabric binding (which should be leather) around the heel becomes ragged within six

months. These are not inexpensive shoes and should not be having these problems. Obviously the company could easily rectify these

problems. I would like to know how to contact them.

• Di
    diana kay May 05, 2012

bought a pair of easy spirit shoes the soles on both shoes has come unglued. i tried using glue both the glue doesnt work. ive only worn them a couple times and this happened. they are womens tennis shoes and have blue soles. has there been any other complaints about this?

• Li
    linda kay Jan 22, 2011

I recieved a pair of easy spirt clogs like winter shoes for Christmas 2010 and already the inside has lost all its support Im very upset we cant afford this price shoe only once a year and thats why I asked my husband for them for Christmas

• In
    Ina Woodruff Jul 03, 2008

I bought a pair of black Easy Spirit sandals last year (can't remember where). They were worn only a few times at the end of summer and after I wore them several times this year, the soles have split in many places. About one more wearing will be the limit, even though the tops are fine. They are marked "Made in Italy" on the sole, which I would normally think was a mark of excellence. If anyone has contact information for the company, please send it to me. I have been a loyal customer of theirs over the years and would like to voice my dissatisfaction.

Mary M. Donnelly Nov 16, 2007

I own at least a dozen pair of Easy Spirit leather loafer-type shoes. They were all made in Brazil. When I ruined some black ones, I bought a new pair at the same outlet I'd always used. While I knew my ES athletic shoes were Made in China, they could be laced to make up for their deficiencies but the leather Brazilian loafers had no such problem---until the latest pair. Unlike earlier ones, these were Made in China. The soles are thinner, there's less padding, the size is too narrow at the widest part, too loose at the heel and my foot sits too low in the shoe, so now I have welts and blisters on both feet. The leather feels thin, and the finish is cracking. I've only worn these a few days and they already look older than a slightly different pair that I bought in 2003.

Since the Chinese-made shoes are obviously cheaper to manufacture, why isn't the price lower? I'd rather have Brazilian made shoes even if they are more expensive. Surely the transportation costs have to be less. For all I know, the Chinese shoes are contaminated with lead and drugs. I'm no longer a customer.