DTE Energyshut off

A

Urgent electricity was shut off 10/08 shut off bill in last residents name. I paid deposit for service in sept.2005 and never received bill. Never. Contacted better business bureau then dte headquarters contacted me. Took shut off notice to dhs received letter that they paid $350. Oo, then last week received bill with my name to imediately pay $60.00 which I did in person. Still no services
And spoke this morning with ms. Watkins at headquarters and now says to pay $180.00 this is a run around so now I still have no lights (H e l p) any suggestions or contacts. I do have school age children will there be lights for our holidays.
Thanks in advance for your viewing.
Ms. Angela allen

• At
    Attorney next step Jan 08, 2014

DTE agrees to do work and then once you pay them they back out on completing the whole work order agreed to. They came out to bury a line last year. Two subcontractors later, they still don't have it to code. The second contractors just buried it with dirt and said it was all set. The line was connected to the meter. They we're suppose to correct Another line that they know is not code and won't do anything to correct the issue which was part of the work order. I would not have spend all the money and buried the one line if I knew they wouldn't finish all the other line work discussed and they agreed to.
    They are useless workers in Macomb county.

• Je
    Jean Claude Baptiste May 01, 2009

Power was shut off on Thursday while my wife and I were at the hospital visiting her terminally I'll father. Went in Friday morning and paid the bill, was told power would be restored by 4pm. At 5pm, there was still no power. Called to complain and was told that the technician arrived, but was unable to remove the lock that they put on the meter and I would now have to wait until Monday. WTF!!!?!? Everyone I spoke to placated me and comiserated, but told me I'd have to wait. I was finally transferred to a crew chief who told me that they would have a tech out between 5:30 and 10pm. Around 8pm I got antsy and called for a status and was told that they could find no one to take the call. Again, WTF!?! The really funny thing is that tomorrow I'm supposed to give a speech about people of color in the field of technology at the NAACP Freedom Fund Banquet. Oh, by the way I found out that they don't put locks on the meters in the suburbs. I have no recourse and they have no competition. This service is very disappointing.

• Rw
    rw1982 Feb 19, 2009

I agree their customer service sucks, i was told my bill was 136.00 and i paid 150.00 on it when my bill comes somehow its 531.00 and oddly there is nothing they can do about it, dte blows take your money somewhere else