Ambit Energy Holdings Logo

Ambit Energy Holdings

Having problems with Ambit Energy Holdings?

Ambit Energy Holdings reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 17, 2008. The latest review Billing / excess charges / promises was posted on Aug 27, 2020. The latest complaint Devious business practices was resolved on Sep 22, 2015. Ambit Energy Holdings has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 44 reviews. Ambit Energy Holdings has resolved 21 complaints.

Ambit Energy Holdings Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 282 6248 (Customer Care)
+1 877 302 6248 (Consultant Support)
1801 N Lamar St Ste 200

Tel: +1 800 544 5606

Washington
Tel: +1 877 737 2662
Tel: +1 800 752 7520

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ambit Energy Holdings Customer Service. Initial Ambit Energy Holdings complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ambit Energy Holdings above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ambit Energy Holdings. Discuss the issues you have had with Ambit Energy Holdings and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ambit Energy Holdings Complaints & Reviews

Aug 27, 2020

Ambit Energy Holdings — Billing / excess charges / promises

Ambit Energy Account # A6197480 I had subscribed to Ambit Energy in September 2019 This customer rep lady...

Ambit Energy Holdingsbilling/service

On January 27, 2020 I logged onto my Ambit Energy account. It reflected a balance owing of $0.18 so, I decided to chat with an agent to get claification on the bill. I was told that TDU sent an adjustment in the amount of $75.48 and that credit took care of my invoice for February.
I logged in last week and my bill reflected $81.08 and then today my bill reflect an amount of $145.08. They are saying that the $81.08 was for 11/25/19 thru 12/31/19 and that amount is due 2/13/20 and the $63.38 is due 2/26/20. I feel like that are overcharging me for service and I live in an apartment complex my bill shouldn't be this high.

Jan 07, 2020

Ambit Energy Holdings — excessive billing & high rate excessive plan, high handedness etc...

CEO - Complaintsboard Re: SOS - Grievance: Ambit Energy, P.O.Box 864589 Plano TX 75086 Ref: A/C #A6153482...

Ambit Energy Holdingsenergy

my energy rate increased more than 100% without notification.
    The energy consumption did not change it is the same than the previous Months
    The Monthly bills available on line disappeared, my rewards disappeared, I was in a night free energy plan and it was changed without notification.
    The average bill on the last 20 Months was 200.00 this bill is 526, 94

Ambit Energy Holdingsmy invoice

My invoice tripled due to a "market rate" plan that I was not aware that I was on. I have been with Ambit for over 8 years and never felt mislead until now. Employee gave me 10% off and a week later a manager called me and said she would give me 20% off of my invoice. Turns out that she apparently meant only an additional 10% off and not from my invoice but from a portion of my invoice. I asked for another manager to review the phone calls because I know that they are recorded and I was told that only 20% off is allowed and it's never on the invoice price. I no longer trust this company and will no longer recommend it to my friends, family, and followers.

Ambit Energy Holdingsunethical

I have been with Abmit energy for several years. Ambit requires a plan change periodically. I have paid an average of 8.927¢ on each bill as shown in the attachment. The most recent plan change was confusing and I obviously chose incorrectly, because Ambit now expects 19.4¢ per kilowatt. While I understand they place the responsibility on the consumer to choose the plan, I do not believe it is ethical to force an individual to pay an outrageous amount such as this. Ambit is using this as an opportunity to overcharge and profit from confusing, forced rate changes.
        I called Ambit 3 separate times. Each time, I asked for a supervisor. Each time, I requested a reasonable plan be added to my account and back dated. I explained that although I had not paid over $184.00 since October of last year, (as far as I can see in the history, ) I would be happy to pay $200.00 and move forward as a customer. All three times, I was refused.
        I feel as though this was a reasonable solution to the problem. Most companies would be willing to compromise to this rather than blatantly price gouge their customer.
        Sadly, I will be searching for a new company today. I am told that I am not the only person who is being taken advantage of by Ambit.
        I have now asked that the Public Utility Commission of Texas step in and help assist consumers of this company who are being forced into ethical and deceitful electric charges. I have done everything I know to do as an individual.

Ambit Energy Holdingscustomer service

Forget about getting real customer service. if you want to pay a bill on telephone line- the machine consistently (on more than 4 occasions) wont acknowledge my ssn or account number. furthermore, if your electricity goes out due to power outage, they tell you a few days to call Centerpoint. Also, several of their reps are convicted felons recruited by Willi Lutti (Galveston TX area)

Ambit Energy Holdings — after 8 years of being a customer they shut my electric off without proper notice.

I have been a customer with Ambit for over 8 years never had my electric disconnected, I travel for work and...

Ambit Energy HoldingsAmbit energy customer service

My name is Alma Martinez my husband and me called at customer service to be helped for our bill because it is too high more than $400 dls and we don't have the A/C or Heater turn on and we leave at our property only 4 persons so this employee name Howard answered the phone and he was so rude and disrespectful he doesn't want to help her just keep saying that he can only take payments and he can tell us only how much we owe it told him that we need to solve the issue or if we can speak to the Mgr. He kept repeating the same words honestly what we are thinking that this company is just worry about the payment not the customers need it need the Mgr. To contact us because we want to cancel our service and I am a real este agent I will make sure that all my clients not to come with this company the employees are very incompetent, rude and disrespectful no customer need this type of service so I will be waiting for a Mgr to give us a call if I don't here from yall we are going to change diferent provider and we will despute this bill with the credit bureau saying that yall are doing fraud and given variable rates whenever my husband signed an agreement at no variable rate so if in 48 hrs no one contact us we will do the right things for us

Ambit Energy Holdings — Electricity

I signed a 12 months contract with Ambit Energy in August 2016 for a low rate. I always check all my bill...

Ambit EnergyCharging too much/devious

I have been an ambit energy customer for my gas supplier since 2008. I am on a "guaranteed" plan that saves me a minimum of 1% under nicor gas prices (I live in il). Every year, i get an analysis of the rates by each company. If nicor is less, ambit sends me a check of the difference. Been on this plan the whole time since 2008. All of a sudden i get a gas bill that is unusually high, the next month it's the most i've ever paid in 22 years! I realize they are charging me $1.06 per therm!!! Nicor was .27 same period!!! So i called and said how can you charge me quadruple what nicor is charging?? They said they sent me a renewal letter in august... I did not receive the letter. Also, when i called, she verified my e-mail address. They had it on file and why didn't they send an e-mail??? Now they are telling me it will take 1-2 billing cycles to get me back to nicor. I'm done with them. Can't stand dishonest, devious companies. I wonder how they sleep at night charging that much? I am a business owner and whenever i see a huge mark-up for srp price, i can't ask that. I'd like to sleep at night. Think twice before switching or signing up with ambit energy. Never again for me!

Ambit Energy — Charging after cancelation

Absolutely the worse energy company! Stay far far away!!! I signed up with them in 2012. They screwed me with...

Ambit Energy — Devious business practices

I had an appointment to visit the home of Kevin & Rose Duncan with Ambit Energy of Round Rock / Webster TX to...

Ambit Energyworst customer service

I called and asked if I could get a 48 hours extention so my electric wouldn't get turned off and they told me no. I am on disability with two children I have never had my electric shut off and have been with ambit for 5 years. they proceeded to tell me they were sorry they there was nothing they could do and good luck! worst customer service I have dealt with in my 35 years on earth!!! on top of it all I have $205.00 dollars on my credit from them from an address I have never lived at!!!

Ambit Energy Lp — Fraud and breach of covenant of good faith

On Thursday February 5, 2015 at 7 PM, I attended a meeting along with my girlfriend at a restaurant to...

Ambit EnergyBill

In October 2012, I was notified by a collection association that I owed a utility bill from 2 1/2 years ago. I called Ambit Energy - was told five different times that I had a zero balance. I complained to the BBB as well as to the CEO, Jere Thompson as I could not get an answer. SOMEONE named Sara called me representing Mr. Thompson stating that this company had a NEW collection agency. However, they would clear my account, notify all credit bureaus and the Credit Protection Agency that the account was closed. The date of this call on behalf of Mr. Jere Thompson was December 19, 2012. The first week of January 2013 I received more collection letters. The BBB of Texas notified me that SOMEONE named CAEZAR from Ambit states that "Sara" had misspoken to me about the account. Again, I owe money - differing amounts depending oon who you talk to.

• Ra
                      raju bala Jul 01, 2014

For just 4 days they were billed 96$. is it really a genuine bill?
                      I wanted to check it up is there any way to get resolve this problem?

Thanks,
                      bala

• Ar
                      Arron Johnson Sep 09, 2010

Ambit Energy is a great opportunity for people looking save on their energy cost and at the same time help others save on their energy costs. Currently Ambit is the #1 Top earning company as per INC 500 Magazine. Do I need to say any more?

We just made a major announcement of expanding markets and we are now able to offer the same savings opportunity to small businesses in TX.

I can go on and on about how great Ambit Energy is. Three thumbs up .. oops sorry I only have two thumbs. :)

Find out Why does Ambit Energy Work? http://bit.ly/9F7KwR
                      Save money and Join Ambit Now http://bit.ly/9Vn3kR

• Am
                      Ambit Energy Jul 09, 2010

Can you be more specific about your claim? If your service was disconnected, was it because of non-payment? If you were disconnected due to nonpayment, there may have been fees to reconnect you. Also, which dates were you charged these rates? We would like to confirm that you received a fair deal based on our service agreement.

If you would prefer to discuss this with our Customer Care team at [protected], we'll do our best to resolve any confusion.

• Lu
                      lularedd Jun 14, 2010

Ambit energy needs to be investigated and stopped, how many people are going to be their victim's before they are shut down.. I changed to TXU and just received my final bill from Ambit for $155.99 13 days at 0.162kWh. They are such a rip off.. Unbelievable.. Another thing to complain about with them.. I have already submitted one complaint regarding them disconnecting my service voiding my contract and charging me a higher rate.. I also filed a complained with the BBB who gives them an "A" rating.. Hopefully people will beware of Ambit Energy.. This company is a on going SCAM..

Ambit Energy — Billing

My bill was $200 in which was paid on the disconnect day. On my way home from paying the bill, my lights were...

AmbitenergyCharges

Ambit has charge me with an amount for usage for their electricity But no one had authorize sign up with this company in this household. I had Called them and ask why was i charge when i didn't authorize the sign up, they gave me an answer saying they can't do nothing about it beside charging me for the month and next months. This is not how this should be dealt, furthermore the person was not understand the situation asked a supervisor for helped in which gave me that answer.

• Mo
                        mosa Aug 19, 2009

I feel usuless to for having Ambitergy as my provider for three years. When i was moving to a new apartment and wanted to charge the provider they ripped me off. They disconnected my electrict before my time of moving, i had no balance for those years and other month when i called back they said when people switch to different providerthey run with their money it was a kind of warning... They wanted me to pay before due date. When i moved that day they started calling my phone thrice a day, finally at the end of the week they refered me to the collection agents. They are rude as heal when you talk to them. My fellow citizen take ambitenergy the last option or buy candle to provide you with light.

Ambit EnergyNO COMPLAINT

All of the people in here don't have a clue how an electric company work... let me explain...It doesn't matter who's your electric provider, it could be; txu, direct energy, ambit, etc...the people that read the meter is ONCOR. Oncor are the people that own all the meters, poles, and wires in ur area...for cities in the south could be CP, or AEP texas, cities in the north could be TNMP.. They read the meters and send the usage to your electric provider..The electric provider just bills you for the usage... Depending on what plans ya'll have with them...with ambit... they have a 12month, 24month, 6month term plans... they also have a ambit standard energy plan..and a variable plan... you are put in a variable plan if u don't renew ur term plan... if u don't renew your term plan as soon as ur contract expires you are put in a variable rate..of course at a higher rate 14cents/kwh or even 16cents per kwh... AMBIT sends you letters, and even calls you to let u know that your contract is about to expire..if u don't renew your term plan, IT IS UR FAULT!!!... if u don't get the letters, its not AMBIT'S fault they are not responsible for the cities post office...if u get a high invoice, it's not AMBITS FAULT... they are just billing you for the reading ONCOR provides to them... they are just billing you for the usage you used each month.. now if u get disconnected...it's not ambit energy's fault... ITS YOU AS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT... AMBIT sends you disconnection letters and calls you to let u know when is the last day to make a pmnt to avoid interruption of svc and addtl fees... Yes, they don't offer extensions but they do offer Payment Arrangements... if u rather pay something else, like cable bill, cell phone bill, clothes, beer, go out to the club, then to pay your electricity bill IT'S UR FAULT!!!...don't blame the company for the way you don't know how to budget your money... and when you are put on a AMBIT STANDARD ENERGY PLAN energy rate of prob 15cent or 16cents per kwh, its bc there has been 2disco orders in the past 12months...it's in the terms and conditions...READ THEM!!!... it's also on the disconnection letters READ THEM!!!... and when people say they use the same electricity as last month...come on!!...How do ya'll know that??? lol ...

Janet Sanchez Apr 08, 2017

No. Ambit are a bunch of crooks. After my contract was up, I canceled my services with them. They kept my security deposit after they reassured me that some of it will go to my last bill and what ever is left they will mail it to me in check form. My last bill charges were $39 for energy charge which was for 13 days, 5.94 for oncor, 5.29 for taxes and fees and 122.98 for current miscellaneous charges!! which no one can give me an answer on what EXACTLY is current miscellaneous charges. So, they kept my 160 dollar deposit to use towards the last bill plus I still owe them 11 dollars because my total bill was 173.57. It does not make any sense especially my bill every month varied from 100 to 120 which I don't get why especially for the fact I was barely home but thats another story. So idc the are #### and alot of people who I personally know who use to have Ambit had a bad experience as well.

Ambit Energy — Disconnection

Ambit Energy turned off my electricity to my business in the middle of a business day after I tried several...