Menu
Home Entertainment DonnaPlay False advertisement

DonnaPlay  -  False advertisement

Author of the complaint
8:01 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to you tube to whach a movie. You Tube said the movie was removed and pointed to a site in the description below. So I selected it, Donnaplay site came up and the advertisement said whach movies for free. I thought ok I'll check it out. The next screen that came up was the registration site including credit card number. It said this number is for registration only and will not take out any money without your permission. The next screen said five day free trial to whach the movies. I called and had my account closed immediately. My complaint is why didn't they say "Whach free movies on a five day trial period" on the first page instead of taking my time to fill out all the info and, then, tell me it's only free for five days. I was given the impression that the movies were free on the first page because of the way it's advertised. Is this considered false advertisement?

219 comments
Nov 19, 2018 11:04 pm

I have just found I have been paying for something I had no idea was charging me and was unaware how I got signed up for it for 7 months. I never used it and did not know I was being charged. Such theft, shameful.

Nov 20, 2018 3:34 am

I ask to cancel my subscription about two months ago, and Donnaplay is charging my visa still, Please, I want this to stop and refund for two months subscription that were charge to my visa card

Nov 20, 2018 4:46 am

I have never visited this site and they are taking money out of my bank I want it refunded all £23.90 to my bank and never take anymore out

Nov 19, 2018 9:04 am

I put in my information because they said it would be a free five day trial, and they said they would tell me when it was over and if I wanted to continue. But, it took a whole bunch of money out of my account, and I want my money back!

M
Nov 19, 2018 9:09 am

I am charged Rupees 1330 on 29.07.2016 from donnaplay.com without any prior information or purchase. Such fraudulent activities are subject to court cases & I am willing to go on that route if charges are refunded asap.

View 0 more photos
J
Nov 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i rang my bank this morning and was told, donnaplay took $51.00 out of my account. i want it back. bank says, they need confirmation from them that they did take it out and they will put it back,

C
Nov 14, 2018 7:37 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I do not remember signing up for this charge on my bank account!

Nov 15, 2018 3:12 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I signed up to help me get mp3 downloads . I did what they tould me to do. Then it wouldn't work i tried to cancel . They gave me a refund but on the same day they have taken more money out . I keep tring to get my money back since october . Still no refund .. how can i get my money back ?

B
Dec 13, 2016 7:10 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Donnaplay...what a mob of [censor]! All the same has happened to me but I signed up for absolutely NOTHING! I don't know how they got hold of my credit card details and for 9 months, without my knowledge because I haven't checked my statements...silly me, they have been taking approximately $25 per month! I am fastidious at keeping a diary where I write everything I do each day but I can find absolutely NOWHERE any indication that I dealt with this poisonous crew at all! I cannot believe they haven't been tracked down by now as so many people are being affected! Why can't anything be done? Is it absolutely impossible to track them down?

Sep 24, 2016 5:58 am

Dear LolDonna,

Thank you for contacting us. Your account has already been deleted and refunded. Confirmation messages were sent to you via email.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further concerns.

L
Sep 23, 2016 10:34 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please delete my account permanently, I was still charged even after I already cancelled my account.
I've already emailed donnaplay. They said that my account was already cancelled.
I tried logging in to check and the account still exists. Please remove my account immediately!
[email protected]

Sep 07, 2016 6:20 am

Dear Ashok Ramlal Kandoi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please call our toll-free number at [protected] for US and Canadian customers and [protected] for International customers (24 hours, 7 days a week) and one of our friendly agents would be happy to assist.

Sep 07, 2016 12:35 am

Dear sir,

I am searching ebook and found donnaplay.com site they ask to registered with Zero Bills and credit card information, but I found that they charged my account with 3$. this is full cheating, Please ask them to refund the same.

Thanks
Ashok Kandoi

Sep 04, 2016 8:55 am

Dear AI,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Donnaplay.com is a legitimate website. An account is only charged if someone makes a purchase on the website. Kindly contact our support center at our toll-free number at [protected] for US and Canadian customers and [protected] for International customers (24 hours, 7 days a week), to have your issue rectified.

Sep 03, 2016 4:13 pm

They're more than a FRAUD. I signed up for a free trial and they charged me 3.99$ for no reason. Stay away from DonnaPlay!

S
Sep 01, 2016 2:38 am

Donnaplay.com has been taking 29.95 from my NCUA ACCOUNT for months. I have no subscription to this company and just found out how to request investigation to return all my moneys. Thank Sharon and Timmy Hiser

Jul 08, 2016 9:46 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Here is the information for Donnaplay...these crooks are trying to fool you and registered the company as being in Texas and its really in Waltham MA on Wyman st. I looked it up and the mapping is showing its based on Wyman st which is probably where the owner lives but his business is registered on 738 Main st Waltham MA...hope this helps...

Company Name: REFLECTED NETWORKS INC
738 Main St
Waltham, MA [protected]

Jul 05, 2016 7:18 am

Dear Rahulbhatia1206,

Thank you for contacting us. Please send your request/concern to us via email at [email protected] and an agent would be more than happy to assist.

We look forward to receiving your email.

Client Service Representative – Donnaplay

Jul 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Can I direct my credit card to stop payments to Donaplay.com?

H
Jun 18, 2016 2:00 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yup that happended to me however most of my money was removed n i cannot get it back screw those ppl

Jun 13, 2016 7:28 am

Dear tms1987,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Donnaplay.com is a legitimate company. You didn't specify the reason you were having trouble trying to contact us, however from our end all our 24 hour phone lines (toll-free number at [protected] for US and Canadian customers and [protected] for International customers) are working and our emails ([email protected]) are being answered 24/7. I'm glad to know that you were successful in contacting us and your account was refunded.

Jun 12, 2016 5:51 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

hi everyone yes i can confirm it is a scam. i have notified internal affairs and they said that we all need to report this company as scam so they can be investigated further. have your card cancelled straight away from the bank. i was having problems trying to contact the company and got nowhere. soon as i mentioned they are going to be investigated i heard straight away from the company that they will refund the money. funny that ae. hope this helps with everyones case with these scam artists they need to be reported. talk to your bank if there has been more than one account of money taken out so that they can get all your money back and let this company know that you will report them so they can stop doing this to people.

May 30, 2016 7:19 am

Dear Russell Wallace,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Credit card details allow us to check the age of the individuals. All available materials are only for those individuals who are over the age of 18. Furthermore, it allows us to check for card validation in case the member wants to purchase content in the future.

May 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Yeah, defiantly a scam site, i was trying to sign up but quickly stopped when it asked for my credit card number and 3 digit code on the back, i put in a debit card number that is active but have no money in it, the site said they couldn't verify it, i have another card that i do use but i keep the first card active just wit no money for cases like these, why does the site need your card info if the movies are free in the first place? i don't know, that sounds sketchy to me any ways.

G
May 12, 2016 10:57 am

I have the same problem
for free but they taken more than 66 euro from my bank and I don't see any film
Not honnest !

S
May 12, 2016 10:10 am

How to stop Donnaplay.com payment ?
I dont Even knowhow how but every mounth is 55$ payed from my visa Credit Account?
I thinl maby my son bougth a game just for one time but i m still paying 55$.
What to do?
Nobody knows a username or password or login.
What to do?

May 11, 2016 7:01 am

Dear Aba Ewusiwaa,

Thank you for contacting us. Kindly send an email to [email protected] and an agent would be happy to assist you. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

May 11, 2016 12:38 am

please am not interested in anything you people are doing how can you be that wicked, you better put and end to this madness and refund my money back to me

May 09, 2016 7:12 am

Dear Dave_1234,

We are a legitimate company. We do respond to our emails [email protected] 24hours a day/ 7 days per week. If you did not receive a response, feel free to send us a private message via this forum.

May 08, 2016 10:58 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

"Dear ... Thank you for reaching out to us...We understand your concern, however, please be assured that Donnaplay is legitimate and ..."
C'mon just stop this load of crap you Donnaturds...
you do not answer emails at all.
You keep up appearences as being a legit company but in fact you have no reason to exist.
you live off the money that you get from "1st timers" who do not know you yet and deny any scamming at all...
Donnaturds, do you really think all these people are making this up ?
I don"t think so seeing you being more indy style alike company that holds hardly any value

Apr 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Dear Chikkin House,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We understand your concern, however, please be assured that Donnaplay is legitimate and all our content is licensed and legal for distribution and use. If you have any further concerns, please send us an email at [email protected] and an agent would be happy to assist.

Client Service Representative – Donnaplay

C
Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Thank you for posting this, because my brother and I were gonna watch a movie, so we searched up, Movies Online for Free.
The options that came up, Donnaplay. First option. He checked it out... But I told him not to trust it. It might be a scam. So he searched up is Donnaplay safe? And it came up with this site and THANK YOU! He could of accidentally went into this. Thank you. :)

Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

I just received my credit card statement and this Donnaplay shows charges on 3/12/16 for $2.95 on 3/17/16 for $19.95.

I would like these unauthorized charges removed and my account with a credit for these charges.

Apr 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Dear Tracy Newsome,

Donnaplay.com is indeed a safe site to give credit card details. Be sure to read our terms and conditions before registration and if you no longer wish to have the membership extended, just remember to cancel on or before the trial period ends so as to avoid the account upgrading.

Apr 17, 2016 9:37 am

Just like to say thanks to everyone who mentioned their experiences. I googled "donnaplay, is it a safe site to give card details." Then found this site. So once again thanks you have saved me a lot of grief. Tracy from London

W
Apr 01, 2016 4:50 pm

This website has drained $50+ from my account on my FREE Trial.

Apr 07, 2016 5:30 am

Dear BellaNotte,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Once a membership is not cancelled on or before the trial period ends, it upgrades automatically to the monthly membership; this is stated in the terms and conditions and is also sent in an email upon registration.

I'm very glad to know our customer service representative rectified your issue with great service!

B
Apr 06, 2016 11:27 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also was surprised whenever I was charged $29.95 for membership that I never agreed to after the five free days offered
I've learned to never give my credit card information to anything unless I want to purchase it but I did call the 800 number provided above and they did remove the membership and also refunded my money I had no problems with this

Apr 06, 2016 6:45 am

Munko Seabrook Leaf,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

As you are stating you received charges from from us, kindly send an email to [email protected] and one of our agents would be more than happy to rectify the matter for you.

M
Apr 05, 2016 11:37 pm

I fell for this evil scam, like countless others! I was traveling and so busy that I didn't notice the monthly charge from Donnaplay on my bank statements until four months had passed, so these slime bags stole $122 from me before I realized WTF and cancelled. As a final insult, the "Express Cancellation" offer tricked me AGAIN, with a $1 fee for the "express" that really means nothing! (being tired and frustrated, I clicked to quickly without understanding the fine print- my bad). So, this disgusting company continues to trick people and rake in huge amounts of BAD KARMA. It's sad to think of the MISERY these thieves must have in their lives- heartless ugly ###... DONNAPLAY WILL CRASH AND BURN! I think this is a Canadian company, eh? I gotta be more careful- people can sometimes really suck.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

117 complaints