• Hu
    hugandkisses May 29, 2010

People shoplift at DollarGeneral? Why, is junk now the in thing? Doesn't one go to jail for bottom of the barrel as for top of the line? Oh well, I guess thieves are stupid like Jay Leno says...

• Tx
    TxAgent May 26, 2010

It's not about being allowed to look for another job, it's about being able to even FIND a job in this economy. Do you think people work at places like DG because they want a career in it?

• Dc
    dcgirl May 26, 2010

While I agree that the company should not constantly change the dress code, this is still a free country and you are allowed to look for another job.

MaeganS4 May 24, 2010

Your begging for donations is asking people do donate to charity. If you find this embarassing find a new line of work.

hott_mamma22 May 23, 2010

Well i have been working for Dollar General about 6 months now and i love my job and the ppl that i work with however, i was recently over paid and which we all know that i couldn't keep it even though it was their mistake but anyway it has been almost two weeks and they have not taken it out of my check so i haven't thought anything of it until today when i was informed that i will have to buy a money order and stamp and send it back to them instead of them taking it out of my check and i know it is only like 2 bucks but the point is that it is their mistake and i don't think i should have to pay for it

Made*

hott_mamma22 May 23, 2010

Yeah i agree.It is freakin hottttttttt enough with out the whole black pants thing but what they are doing to me is just wrong.They over paid me and come on yeah i knew i couldn't keep it but but instead of taking it out of my check they want me to buy a money order 4 the amount and a stamp and send it back to them and come on i know it's just like 2 bucks but still they maid the mistake not me and i am the one paying for it

• Bi
    bif May 04, 2010

In one store in fla the store manager makes them put in money if they do not meet the min.

• Dg
    DG2010 Apr 21, 2010

They cut payroll every week it seems. And yeah, we have to pay for everything, donchaknow. The joys of retail. *rolls eyes*

• Su
    sue me Mar 30, 2010

I worked for the company for 6 years. I stepped up for almost a year. Do you know I got a dollar raise for stepping up? Instead of me getting offered the job permantely, they hired an outsider and took all but five cents off the raise away from me. And the new people likes to tell strangers that the reason everyone was gotten rid of was because of stealing. maybe they should be watching what they say or maybe the store manager, district manager and the rogional manager needs to get off of their backsides and pay attention to what is going on...

• Write to corporate. But before you do, give them specifics: dates, times, what happened, where, when. They need to have details before they can investigate further. Get everybody who works there to sign a petition... If one person complains, that doesn't do much, but if everybody sees the same thing then change is in order. Good Luck!

• Ce
    Cekz Feb 14, 2010

The store manger expects her workers to work like slaves then she takes credit for it. She talks about her employes like a dog. The Assistant Manger and her have been best friends for years and she lets her by with everthing. She never does recovery she tells the cashiers to run backstock all the time and not to do recovery. Then the cashier gets in trouble for it . But when the cashier tells her that the assitant manger told them not to recover to run back stock she dosn't say anything to her. She lets her by with everything. In my personall opioion i think that the store needs a new store manger that cares about there employees and cares about what goes on there. As long as she is there, there is no hope for that store. She puts her personall live before her job and that is so wrong. She dosn't do EZ PLanners like she should and most of the time the schedule is'nt made before saturday night.

• Bo
    bobjerkins Feb 05, 2010

I dont think they should make the employee's pay for their own uniforms, since its the yellow shirts :P who would want to wear yellow? I was annoyed when i found out that we had to wear the black and yellow. I haven't worked for dollar general very long and already I know that there are things wrong with the store im at and with the company not willing to acknowledge them or change it. The DM says that its the employees fault that the stores theft is so high. We do what we can to catch shoplifters, but we don't have enough payroll to have people just walking the floor looking for thieves, nor do we have the best anti theft systems. All stores should have the tags on the clothes that the beeper goes off if someone tries to steal it. I know that the previous company that I worked for had them, its not a certain technique that is guaranteed to prevent theft but it does help. It would also help if the store was relocated to a better neighborhood. However from what i understand with this company that will never happen.

angel very madddd Aug 24, 2009

she must have pissed u off lol where is this located again and wht is her name'?

• Bi
    billejean wilson Aug 24, 2009

I would like to tell everyone not shop at 3209 est Thompson ln store mge daen kendall usea mgr postion in wrong way for 1 she barrows money from customer !Also uses company time 2 go online 2 dating site 2 meet men online!Also takes markdoen product from store for home use is the behavior of good mgr is this what dollar general hires 2 lead there stores.

mary alley Oct 05, 2008

I HAVE WORKED FOR THREE WEEKS . THE MANGER NEVER SAID IF WE DIDNT TAKE A DRUG TEST WE WOULD NOT GET ARE PAY CHECK. SHE GOT THEM ON WEDENSDAY AND DIDNT TELL US SHE DIDNT GET ARE CHECKS UNTIL FRIDAY AT 7:00 PM. AND I KNOW SHE HAS HIRED OTHER PEOPLE SO I KNOW SHE KNEW IF WE DIDNT TAKE THE DRUG WE WERENT GETTING PAYED. SHE HASNT TURNED IN MY HOURS. SHE WAS TO MUCH IN HER LIFE AND NOT WORK. I AM NOT GOING BACK UNTIL I GET MY PAY CHECK AND I WILL WRITE ONE OF THESE EVERY DAY . SO DOLLAR GENERAL NEEDS TO GET THERE STUFF STRATE . AND START PAYING THERE HELP. ARE GET NEW MANGERS. MARY ALLEY (3426) STORE

mary alley Sep 23, 2008

I STARTED WORKING SEP.14 2008 .THEN SHE WORKED ME A WHOLE WEEK WITH NO DAYS OFF. SHE SCHEDULED ME FOR SUNDAY, 21 2008 AT 8:00 IN THE MORNING. I SHOWED UP FOR WORK TO FIND OUT THEY DIDNT OPEN UNTIL 9:00. I JOKEING TOLD THE MANGER WHEN SEE SHOWED UP. THAT SHE SCHEDULED ME FOR 8:00 WHEN YALL DIDNT OPEN UNTIL 9:00 (AND I POINTED AT HER WHEN I SAID IT PLAYING).THEN SHE GOT MAD AND SAID DONT POINT AT ME IN PUBLIC IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS. MY COMPLAINT IS WERE DOES SHE GET OFF TALKING SMART TO ME WHEN SHE IS THE ONE MADE THE MISTAKE. SHE DIDNT SAY SORRY ABOUT ME COMING IN AT 8:00 IN THE MORNING . THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THIS IS I HAVE FOUR KIDS AND MY HUSBAND AND I AGREE TO WORK WITH ONE ANOTHER SO I CAN HAVE A JOB. WHEN I AM AT WORK HE WATCHES THE CHILDREN FOR ME .THEN WHEN I GET OFF HE DOES HIS WORK, AND THE MANAGER KNEW THIS BEFORE I STARTED . HOW CAN I CONIUE TO WORK WHEN THERE IS NO SCHEDULE . WHEN I STARTED SHE SAID EVERYBODY UNLOADS TRUCK ON FRIDAY WE ARE TAKING TURNS. BUT I HAVE UNLOADED THE TRUNK TWO TIMES IN A WEEK (MONDAY AND FRIDAY). IT WAS JUST ME AND DEVIN UNLOADING TRUNK WHEN BONNIE WAS ON PHONE WITH MANAGER CHERYL . WHEN CHERYL KNEW WE WERE UNLOADING TRUCK (FRIDAY).I LIKED MY JOB UNTIL THE MANAGER ? SHOW HER TRUE COLORS.(GETTING RUDE) THIS IS WHY YOU CANT KEEP HELP IN THE STORE . YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW MANAGER.I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS WORKED THERE THAT FEELS THAT WAY. TIME WENT IN SATURDAY AND TO DAY IS TUESDAY AND SHE DOESNT HAVE A SCHEDULE UP YET. I CANT WORK THERE ANY MORE WITH THIS. GET A NEW MANAGER AND THEN YOU WILL KEEP HELP. MARY ALLEY