Let me start with my pain points:
1. I am a customer of dish tv and exploited one.
2. Till you system works, its great but any extraordinary requriement/request is a pain. E. G ordering mod
3. You technical service is "horrible", "pathetic " in all sense.
4. You customer care team, has only pre-prescribed statements to answer to customer and even some time don't know how to talk.
5. When they transfer their call to their seniors, seniors behave in funny manner... They pick up phone and say that they are not able to hear properly. This happened multiple times and happened today on 24.10.2009 at 3.35 pm when i called for an outstanding complaint (Due since 10. Oct 2009). He (Sriram) pretended that that they are not able to hear while the first person (Manish) who received the call had clear communication.
I have this connection since may 2008. Whenever i have to call your customer care number [protected], it has been extremely horrible experience. Whenever i ordered movie on demand (Mod) it gets affected after 24 hrs.
Recently i paid subscription for one year (Valid till oct 2010 - biggest mistake) and every day-
1. I switch on my tv i have to read the message "renew your subscription to avail the service" for few minutes and then it goes off, of its own.
2. Dish tv box behave erratically some times, it shows messge that check your vc card.
3. Some time tv has no signal from dish tv box.
I have complaint for this on 10 oct 2009, repeated on 14/15 oct 2009 as no one could attend this complaint. Later on i again complaint on 16th/17th/18th and 19th oct 2009 as no one turned up. I have to live with the poor performance of dish tv. Every time i called i was asked to do some drills like switch on / off set top box, remove cable, insert cable and remove/insert card. But problem could not be solved. Once a suggestion was given to do all these things every day (Funny technical advise).
Later on 21st oct 2009, a guy came home and he had some other drill to do i. E. Check signal... And he did some thing and went off. I got sms that complaint is resolved. However to my expectation, it was no change.
I complaint again on 22nd oct 2009, 23. Oct 2009 was told that after doing all above drills that technician will visit within 6 working hours. (However defination of working hours is not known to any one). Today (24. Oct 2009) , i got an sms that mr. Mayur will visit me at 12.00 pm on 24.10.2009 and a number was given. After waiting for hours i called on the number given in sms and was told that the complaint is there, but technician will not come for next two days and was also told that such sms'es are usual.
It took 12 days for dish tv to send a technician who could not solve problem... What a customer service.
When i call the dish tv customer care, i was told that technician wll visit me within 6 hours from 9.30 am. The person on customer care was not even aware that 6 hours have passed by (As i called at 3.33 pm).. On my query to confirm till when the working hours will last the person has no answer, he even mentioned that technical department can only confirm and he has no clue. Then he transeferred this call to his senior (Mr. Shriram) , who pretended that voice is not clear and tried to handup the phone..
I am fed up of calling this customer care of dishtv as they have standard answers:
1. Aapko batana chaunga.
2. Set of drills as mentioned above.
3. No specific commitment and confidence in resolution.
To summarize, i am fed up of pathetic service of dish tv... And request you to please let me know, when this problem can be solved. I am going to again call today at 8.30 pm, if technician does not come. But i am sure that my problem will not be resolved.
Vc number: [protected]