Dish Network — pause policy/erroneous charge
For approx 4 years I have had Dish Network, used primarily with a mobile unit or dish for our motorhome. When traveling we would call and ask them to activate the account, when not we would not. This was called a "pause". Again, have had it for approx 4 years.
In June of 2008 I received a bill for $174.88 - after hours on the phone it turns out that if I did not activate the account within 6 months I would be bill for a previous program charge. They told me that I had agreed to this and that this was on tape. I said I had not and they told me they could not find any record of my account prior to January of 2008. I tried to cancel the account, they told me I would have to speak to someone else (yet another hour on the phone probably). This charge is erronous and I want to cancel the account and will go probably with Direct TV. Any assistance you could provide would be helpful.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you
- Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!!
- Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges
- Dish Network - dishonorable business practices
- Dish Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account
- Dish Network / Dish.com - fox sports outage
- Dish Network / Dish.com - lack of satellite reception
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dropping fox
- Dish Network - horrendous customer service!