Complaints & Reviews

recordings are being set by others

While we are gone, someone is setting our channels to
to Spanish channels and setting the DVR to record Spanish events. I have complained to Dishnet about this and the best they can do is tell me how to delete the events, which I already know. I want the events to NOT be recorded or accessed from my receiver. We are 2 senior citizens and the only 2 to occupy this house and pay for the dishnet programming and receiver.

• Le
    Lenore Mar 03, 2008

I am so upset with DISHNet right now, I want to quit, but am locked into a contract. Somehow they changed the way the dvr schedule works with no warning. It will change what I want to record...it over-rides my choices at any given moment! It has a priority something or another that makes no sense to me at all. It was just great the way it was. I have complained but to no avail. Also, beware, if after 90 days anything at all goes wrong with their system or products... too bad, you pay for the fix! I will never contract with them ever again. Big mistake!

Resolved unauthorized charges!

Dish network promises one thing and delivers another. they promise rebates they do not give, they promise...

Resolved dish network tricked me

I responded to an ad for a Dish Network package at the rate of $42.99 + $5.00 for local channels. When the installer was finished with the 6 hour installation, he asked me for a phone line to plug into the box. I explained that I did not have a land line phone ( I use my cell phone only). He then told me that it was going to cost an extra $5.00 per receiver. When I called Dish Network I was informed that my monthly charges were $75.00. Turns out they are charging additional fees no phone lines, having dvr revievers and even more because my particular dvrs record more than 100 hours. I wasn't told about any of this. They claim that it was all in the agreement that I signed, however, they did not leave me a copy so I have no way of knowing. If it was there, it was in very small print. I had Dish Network installed just 48 hrs ago and they have no interest in helping me. The account specialist I spoke with laughed at me, told me to make sure I bring a copy of the agreement with me when I go to court to file my suit and then flatly refused to allow me to speak with a Supervisor. If you are thinking of doing business with any satellite company, BEWARE!!! There is no cancellation period. These guys have no obligation to make me happy at all!!!!

• Updated by Ray [email protected] Network · Dec 21, 2010

David,
    My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I saw your post. As a new customer, you get $15.00 credit off your programming for the first year. If you have HBO/Showtime, you will also get $24.00 credit for 3 months. Also, we no longer have the $5.00 charge for not having a phone line connected to your receiver. It is possible when you spoke with the customer service rep, he or she did not quote you the credits that should be applied to your account. Depending on the number of receivers installed, there is additional monthly charges for any additional receivers. I would call back and have the customer service rep give you a break down of the monthly charges with the credits. If you need more information on this matter you can contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

Ray Calo

• Ta
    tammi hillman Jun 07, 2010

i had sent my bill late, and i had called to let them know, that it would b late, i was told to call on sat.the 5th and ask for an extension, i did that and then today (6-7-10) my service has been terminated.this is not fare on my part.i was told to call in on sat, to prevent this from happening, so i did, and i am still with out tv servicewat do u intend to do about it?

beware!

BEWARE!! I have dealt with many companies in my lifetime, but without a doubt this is the worst experience I have ever had. I should have known when the set-up of satellite TV and internet took 2 hours. Every time I have contacted anyone with this company I have been hung up on at least once and sometimes twice. Customer service at this company SUCKS. Now I am being told that I cannot cancel service without paying a penalty. I can take it down to a bare minimum but cannot cancel. In other words I will be paying for something that I will never use again in my lifetime. Not only that but every time the wind blows the transmission is interrupted. Do they compensate the customer for the outage? NO! And their affiliate that installed the satellite for the internet is even worse. BLUESKY is even worse. They tell me I have to keep paying the regular monthly charge for something I am no longer using. All of this happened because at the time it was the only company available in the area unless I wanted to fork over $400.00 to install Direct TV. As it stands I gave them $199.95 at set-up and have been getting grief since. I told the last person I talked to that I wanted a copy of the "contract". I probably will not get it anytime soon. So please beware, if I had read some of the complaints for this company I would not be writing this now.

dish steals your money - beware!

I had Dish Network as part of a bundled package with Sprint-Embarq. I called to cancel my account and was told that boxes and shipping labels would be mailed to me. Two weeks later, nothing had come, but I discovered that Dish had debited $58 from my checking account. At the time I only had $20 left (I am disabled on Social Security). They had overdrawn my account. I called various times and someone told me my money would be refunded, but I should hurry and send the boxes back. Six days after that conversation, when my Social Security check came in, Dish withdrew $600 from my account, the value of the equipment. I called, sent e-mails, faxes, left messages, everything.. today is one week later, UPS confirmed that Dish did receive all the boxes, and I am still here with no money at all. My account is overdrawn. I have no money for food, gas or medicinesl. My husband is also disabled with a kidney transplant, very sick, and I have no money for his refills. Dish Network is doing this to many customers. I never gave them my bank information. I never paid them directly. They got this information from Embarq, my phone company. My contract with Dish did NOT state they could do this. The manner in which they withdraw money from your account is, first a debit of $2, then a debit of say, $58, or $69, something small and easy to miss. They will repeat this over the course of 2 or 3 days until they have taken what they feel is the fair cost of their equipment. It is impossible to put a stop payment on their transactions because they are never the same amount. Your only recourse is to cancel your card or your entire account, and open a new one. They have put my husband's health in jeopardy with no regard whatsoever. We have no money and no one to turn to. They will do this to you too. This is not an exaggeration. If anyone reads this who can help, please e-mail me. 11/14/07

• Sp
    s polzin Jul 20, 2015

I agree. I had dish shut off 1 1/2 years ago. I had used auto pay . I had not used the acct for 2 years except for dish, for 6 months, and Netflix. I get a call today from my bank saying I'm overdrawn and have overdraw charges. I knew that was impossible. I looked online and dish had reactivated my acct without my knowledge and have charged $500 over the last 3 months . I called and they said to bad I only paused my acct they said read the fine print. I had called and told them to shut it off and never heard another thing from them. I thought it was a done deal. now with bank charges I have over 600 because they didn't do as I told them. I had dish for over 20 years. this is how they treat customers.

disconnecting service!

It took 6 calls over a period of 8 days to finally disconnect my service. After all was said and done, I still have to pay for two days service because of poor advice from derrick, operator number bgr. I "thought" that I had disconnected service on 10/30/07, effective 11/05/07, but that was not the case. I received no confirmation # so I was at their mercy for them to do what I requested. (I have been a customer for over 4 years!) I called back to dish today (11/07/07) to verify that my service was terminated, which it was not. It took 5 calls because I was disconnected 4 times! I will never use or recommend dish to anyone!

• Ro
    Ronald Conover Sep 22, 2008

I tried phoning to disconnect by Sept. 30, 2008. We can no longer afford this bill each month. We are retired and living on a fixed income. Please do so by the end of Sept. As I am no longer sending a payment to you. Please have your agent disconnect us. Thank you. We have enjoyed the Dish network, but other things must be purchased instead. Sandra Conover 1737 Hwy. 24, Coatsburg, Il. 62325

dissatified customer

9/28/07 – Opened Dish Network bill and it was $389.44, $300. showed as Equipment Fee

9/28/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Mark (language barrier) and he said the charge was for a receiver that was replaced in my residence in July. I told him that I did not have possession of this receiver and why was I being charged? Mark hung up on me.

9/28/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Sidney, and told him that I needed to get my bill straightened out and the previous technician had hung up on me, he apologized. I gave Sidney the Technicians name (Kevin), and Tech # (6144) and he said that he would sent the information to upper management.

10/1/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Alissia, I explained once again that the $300.00 charge was not mine and the equipment was removed from my residence on 7/14/07 and I needed this matter resolved, she took my cell phone # and said I would receive a call in 24/48 hours.

10/3/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Jackie, she claimed that she had just started working there and would try to get a hold of a Supervisor, I was put on hold for quite some time, then she got back on the phone and said that she was speaking with a Supervisor and put me on hold again, then the line went dead.

10/3/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Paula, I again explained the situation, and she said she would add more notes to my account, and to be patient, it may take a few days, she advised me to call back again on Friday 10/5/07.

10/5/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Amber, I again explained what was going on, and she apologized and promised that a Technician would call me on Saturday 10/6/07.

10/6/07 – No Call from Dish Network

10/8/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Carol, she said that Management notes said that the receiver that I was being charged for was on its way in, and do not charge the customer for the receiver. Carol said she adjusted my account and it would be 24 to 48 hours before it would be approved.

10/10/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Maria, I needed to check the status of my account and the $300 that they were saying was going to be withdrawn from my account. Maria said that the charges will be reversed and the $300 will not be charged to my account.

10/10/07 – Called CFCU, spoke with Sally, I briefly explained my dilemma and she said to stop by a branch and fill out an Amount Dispute Form

10/11/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Yvette, yet again explained the situation and was getting rather annoyed that this was taking so much of my time and effort. She said that she sees a note on my account that $300 will be applied to my card. I was put on hold for approx. 30 minutes, then she came back on the line and verified that it was removed from my account today (10/11/07)

This payment is scheduled to be withdrawn on 10/12/07

10/12/07 – Called Dish Network, spoke with Shane, he said that the account still showed that $389.44 was to be withdrawn today.

10/12 & 10/13/07 – I watched my account and nothing was withdrawn

10/14/07 - $389.44 was withdrawn from my account by Dish Network

10/15/07 – Called Dish Network, and spoke with Michelle, I was NOT happy, I explained that Dish Network has now lied to me countless times and she said that she will correct it, it will be sent to management and it would now take 7 to 10 business days to post to my account. I told Michelle the names and dates of when Dish Network employees also promised me the same, and that I was no longer going to use Dish Network once this matter gets resolved, she said that there was a note on my account from 10/10/07 that the $300 credit was disapproved. I was so furious, that I hung up on them.

10/15/07 – Went to CFCU and filled out a Written Statement Under the Penalty of Perjury.

10/15/07 – Contacted the NYS Consumer Protection board and filled out a complaint online

10/15/07 – Filled out an Online complaint to Dish Network

10/17/07 – Received a letter from the NYS Consumer Protection Board, they sent a letter to the Dish Network Dispute Resolution Team

10/24/07 – Called Dish Network, and the automated billing said that I have a credit of $258.00, I immediately needed to talk to a person…, spoke with Sam, I told her briefly about the situation, she put me on hold while she looked at all the information, then she said that the $258 credit was because they were taking out for the October billing cycle, and I told her that in NO WAY should they be doing that. That was my $300 and I want it back into my account, and that they were not going to be using it to apply it to my account each month, Sam apologized and said that $300 would be put into my account in 3 to 5 business days, I told her that I have already contacted the NYS Consumer Protection Board, and as soon as I was done with this matter, I would be getting rid of Dish Network, she again apologized, I hung up.

10/26/07 – Called Dish Network and canceled my automatic payment.

10/29/07 – Received a voicemail from Scott at Dish Network, and he said for me to call him in regards to a complaint that I filed with the Consumer Protection Board. I called Scott back at [protected] and I explained my exhausted efforts to resolve this matter with Dish Network, and he said that he understood. I made it VERY clear that they need to put the $300 back into my bank account, and that it was very unfair of them to try to apply the money as credit to my account. He said that he would adjust the $258 to $300 and that it would be in my bank account on Friday 11/2/04, and if it was not, then to call him back. I said that I will call back first thing on Monday 11/5/07 if the money is not there. He said that if this caused any type of fees from the bank, and that I could prove it, then Dish Network would cover these charges. I said that there are none that I know of, just that $300 of my money was missing, and that I have spent countless hours trying to resolve a problem that they created. He said that Dish Network will credit my bill for 1 month of free service for my time spent on this matter.

• Th
    Thomas Holderness Nov 14, 2014

Company advertised and promised to deliver CNN and other networks. They have since cancelled them.

• Li
    Linda Ray Edwards Dec 21, 2014

Dish has announced on my tv service that my FOX news channels have been cancelled by FOX. Why? There was no real explanation given.
    FOX news are the only news channels I want to watch. I am paying for a lot of stuff I don't want or need such as: 10 to 20 sports
    channels I never watch, Aljezeer channel which I want taken off my list immediately. 6-8 spanish-speaking channels ( I don't
    now, nor do I ever intend to learn spanish.) I took Latin in HS and used that more in the medical field than I would ever use spanish.

I am a retired RN on SS who feels that I should have more choice in my list. With less than 4 mos. left on my contract I
    will most certainly be looking for another provider.

• Pe
    Pete Chal Dec 28, 2014

In the past year, Dish has removed local NBC (for 6 weeks), CNN (for a month), Fox News (still out), and now local CBS & Fox (1 week and counting). They always blame the other guy - not their fault. I complained about the CNN loss and demanded compensation. They offered $5 a month for 3 months - big f'ing deal. Getting ready to switch to Direct who does not have a good reputation either. Unfortunately, we live in the country and don't have access to cable and can't pick up locals with an antenna. We're stuck

Resolved no rebate for 6 month!

Six months and still not able to resolve as issue with Dish Network. A user of Dish Network for several years I chose to upgrade to HD because of a $100 dollar rebate offer. I explained to the customer service person that was the reason I was upgrading. They did not offer a lot of HD programming at the time but for the rebate I would go ahead and upgrade. The CS person said she would set me up with everything I would need for the rebate. I had to wait for the first bill to complete my rebate form and I made sure everything was filled out correctly and mailed it off in plenty of time. A short while later I get a letter stating I am not eligible for the rebate. "You do not meet the program qualification required for the offer". So I check and yes I do have the programming necessary for the offer. I have spent 6 months talking to people and to three different secondary people that have assured me that they can get me the rebate. Each month I get a bill and no rebate. I am sick and tired of the run around and I would certainly not recommend Dish Network to anyone. The bill dated Feb., 14 2007 shows DishHD Gold w/Locals 74.99 under "Partial Charges" and not on any bill since.

just try leaving them

I never had any problems with Dish Network until I decided to leave their service and switch to a bundle package from my local cable provider that gave me broadband, telephone and cable tv service for one price on one bill. When I called to cancel my service (I had no contract with Dish Network so I was free to cancel at any time) the representative insisted that I stay a Dish customer for another 30 days while I tried out the cable service and then call them back to cancel. I ended up loving my new service and when I called to cancel the Dish service I was on the line over a half hour listening to sales pitches and listening to their customer service rep tell me how much I would hate cable service. After I finally got the rep to agree to cancel my account I hung up the phone and then the phone calls from Dish Network started coming. They call EVERY DAY as many as twenty times a day and as many as FIVE TIMES IN ONE HOUR begging me to come back to Dish Network. I wouldn't believe a company the size of Dish Network would act this way but just google "dish network telemarketing" or the number [protected] and you will see what I mean. This is their standard method of operation. They have harassed me to the point that I am considering having my number changed. I have asked them not to call, I am on their "no call" list and I am on the national no call list but STILL THEY CALL. This seems to be happening to everyone who leaves Dish Network. It is unbelievable. Stay away from them.

• Su
    Susan Vand Dec 07, 2007

DISH has been terrible to me... I am not looking forward to canceling, which I'm about ready to do. I have a suggestion which may help with their incessant calling... if you have a computer and it allows you to manually select "answer this as a fax call", you can do that. Then their equipment thinks your number is a fax number. This worked for me with another company which harassed me constantly (I never had even been a customer, and was on the national do not call list). I answered it, they got the fax tone, and they never called again!

• De
    Deb Marts Feb 09, 2008

I am having the same problem with Dishnetwork. I left them and am now being harassed by constant phone calls. I called them and told them if they don't stop calling I am contacting a lawyer and filing a suit for harassment. Getting 5 calls in 4 hours every day. I will sue if they don't stop. I left them because I needed hight speed internet and also because they called constantly when you are a customer also.

I am also on the "no call list" and also called them and put myself on their list and nothing helps.

If they do not stop I will contact the BBB, attorney general of Pa, and also my lawyer.

improper wiring of home

On 10/5/07 dish network installed the units in our home. I specifically advised that I wanted their DVR service in my bedroom and living room, which is what I had with cable. Two days later, I attempted to use the dvr in the bedroom, but it was not active. A technician came out and advised that because of the way that the dish wiring was installed, the cost to rewire my home would have to come out of my pocket, yet they had done the wiring. I recalled Dish network, and was advised by Ann, that I could now purchase another 722 dvr from them for $300 and then receive a $100 rebate.

debitting double payment and rude custormer service

On 10/01/2017 my bank account was debbitted $286.30 when my bill was only $143.15. I called and asked why my...

faulty hd receivers!

We have had Dish Network for 8 weeks now and we have had to replace the HD receiver 3 times already and guess what it has happened again. They keep fobbing us off by saying it is something that we are doing wrong or that there is something wrong with our house. They have sent two technicians around and they have both stated that all is ok with the house. They still do not believe us!!!

We have spent hours on the phone to them, they do not seem to know that we have called before and we have lost hours of viewing and a lot of money on recorded pay per view programs.

Still nothing from them.

Resolved double billed and I paid double

Dish tv - www.Dishnetwork.com
At&t - www.Att.com

I was using att as home phone provider and internet, comcast as tv provider and tmobile as cell phone provider. I decided to go with a combined bill and switched to dish for tv and att for all other services. I immediately got 2 months of bills from dish for install and services and paid promptly, figuring it was just a glitch in billing, but wanted to pay my bills, since dish was giving the service. I also was getting billed by att (On my combined bill) for dish, but did not pay as I was paying direct.

Att got upset and sent me letters of payment demand and then the fun started!

Att said dish should never have billed me and I owed att the $$ as it was a combined billing, dummy!

Dish said, no way jose... You got service from us and you paid us and then they closed acct (Paid in fulll) and would not refund me my $249.

As things moved on, turns out dish activated my 7 yr old acct number from 2000 and that was what they were charging me for. Then dish said att had no right to issue me a new account number and that att owed me the money, not dish.

Well, this is 2 months later... About 20 hours of phone conversations and some very terse and rude 'executive office' conversations.

At this point dish refuses to talk to me about it and says att is my point of service (Even though dish provides the service) and that I need to get refund from att.

For 3 weeks now, att has 'assured' me they will resolve it in my favor, but no one will put that in writing and I still have not gotten my $249.

I got double billed and I paid double... But no one will step up and give me my money back!

fraudulent billing practices!

I am a dish network customer myself, - and decided to treat my mother and father-in-law (Bill and joan denison) to an upgraded receiver, so they could see their local channels more clearly on their tv. Since it is difficult for either of them to deal with dish network themselves, I have been doing all of this on their behalf at their request. The equipment upgrade charge was put on my credit card.

I am so frustrated with dish network company I could scream!!! In mid-august of 2007 I set up an appointment to have a new receiver installed, and was told it would be $59.95. I decided the next day to upgrade to a dual-receiver hd instead for $169, - and was told that this would include the cost of installation. I noticed, however, that the most recent bill has charges for both the $59.95 and the $169.

I called on august 15th and explained the over-charge to them and was assured they would refund the $59.95, which has not happened. Additionally my in-laws were given a dvr which we never ordered, and so were charged a more expensive price as well as now being charged an extra $6.52 extra every month for dvr service they do not want.

The first bill also has all types of miscellaneous charges that were neither discussed nor agreed on.

I called on september 5th and spoke to a man, and explained the situation. He did not seem to understand, and seemed very unclear about what I was disputing, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. When he put me on hold I was disconnected. I called back and spoke to a lady who said her name was shren. She said that the $59.95 charge was requested but never approved as the agent did not document it correctly, but she would take care of it. She again had difficulty understanding me, so I asked to speak to a supervisor, at which time I was once again disconnected. I called again and spoke with a denise who said she would refund the installation charges, and also would schedule a new appointment to swap out the receiver so we would not pay so much. She said she was transferring me to some type of account specialist who would be authorized to set this up for me, - but once again I was mysteriously disconnected. At this point I am so frustrated with the incredibly poor customer service, that I can’t take the stress of calling again. Here are the errors on their part:

1. We should only have been charged $169 for a dual-tuner hd receiver, but were given a dual dvr receiver and charged $199 instead, as well as the $59.95 installation charge. I think this error is fairly obvious looking at the billing statement, - since the credit card charge on 8/13 was specifically for $169, not $199. If I had authorized a dual dvr hd receiver, the credit card charge would have been $199 instead. Now my in-laws are forced to pay an additional $6.52 every month because of receiving the incorrect equipment. I hardly think they will ever even use the dvr feature, - thus it is a wasted monthly expense.

2. I did not order the hd package. I only wanted them to have the hd receiver in the event in the future they decide to order the hd package, then they would have the correct equipment for it. I understand it is $6.00 per month extra for having this tuner, and that is ok. However, dish network has given them the hd package, - and even if it is free for 6 months (As the agent tried to claim) I didn’t ask for it, and now I have to cancel in 6 months and go through the hassle of dealing with incompetent billing agents.

3. I was promised that the overcharge of $59.95 would be refunded, and am now told it will not be.

4. I tried to call and resolve this and was met with incompetence and was disconnected three different times. I never once yelled or raised my voice to any of the agents, but I suspect that rather than connect me to a supervisor, or spend the extra time needed to resolve my situation, each one chose to hang up on me. Either that or all three were extremely incompetent with the phone system.

Unfortunately my in-laws (And myself) are now stuck with dish network for the next few months, until our contracts expire. However I assure you in the meantime I will be considering any other options for the future, - rather than dish network.

• Li
    lisa marie Sep 14, 2007

I work at dish network and I can understand all of your complaints, they treat their employees pretty bad as well, needless to say I’m still there and dealing with you angry customers. I apologize for all the rough times you have with dish. Dishes network is a sweat shop for their employees were just numbers and are in constant fear of being terminated. For one we have stats to up hold and if we don’t make those stats were looking at termination, we have to take one phone call after another, never supposed to take a breather or time to type notes on every call off a phone call. Not to mention all the angry customers that we get screaming one after another, we get it rough working there but it pays the bills. Not to mention they require over time and make you work odd hours all the time. Dish is cheap. I work for the commercial department and we have to up hold a 5 minute handle time or like I said its either a write up or termination if we don’t met those standards, and that probably one of the main reasons why our customer services is not as good as it should be. having good stats will get you off the phones by promotion or give you a bonus pay at your paychecks, so why would you let a customer hold you up for that extra pay? it is very difficult at dish all the way around and if you would like you can defiantly e-mail your concerns with the account number and I’ll be more than willing to correct any issues on the account that you can’t get anywhere on the phone with other agents. I try to have every customers satisfied with me as a customer service representative before they hang up (but you can’t win them all). So if you guys are really frustrated with anything from dish network, please let me know and I can one explain the situation to you or two correct any mistakes on the account, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

• Di
    Disgruntled Apr 16, 2009

I had this problem with Direct TV. Doesn't it just fry you to call customer service and get someone in another country who doesn't even speak or understand our language enough to be of any service much less customer service? I, myself, refuse to speak to them. I always ask for a supervisor; and if he or she cannot speak English, I ask to be transferred to an office in the U.S., which by the why is getting harder to find. Has corporate America sold out this country and given jobs to other countries for the sake of a dollar? Big companies deserve to go belly up for all their greed!

• Sh
    Sherby B May 13, 2013

When I initially set up my account I told the rep. that I get paid once a month on the third Wednesday of each month. He said that would not be a problem that I can address that when I set up auto pay. I specified that date when I set up the auto pay online. Well now for three months in a row they keep trying to force through payments at random times throughout the month causing me additional fees and shutoffs. They told me this morning that I should have waited to start services at the end of the month in order to make the payments hit my account at the right time and that they cannot change the due date now. Of course they cant, they are making too much money from fees to do that! They made a verbal contract with me when the account was set up and have broken it time and time again. I have just filed complaints with the Boulder BBB and will be filing a complaint with my state's attorney general office. This is at the least bad business practice and considering that they bill an entire month ahead, technically I have never been behind on any payments. They think they do whatever they want too. sorry Dish, they are laws protecting consumers in America and I for one am going to see that they are implemented against Dish Network.

Mark H DISH May 14, 2013

Sherby B, I understand this has been an inconvenience for you and I will be glad to review your DISH services for the problems you are experiencing with your billing and see how I may help you. Please email for assistance with the DISH services.

Mark Haakenson
    Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    [email protected]
    3 pm – 11 pm Sunday through Thursday

Comments

• Bi
    bill3917 Jun 05, 2013

DISH FRAUD !!! Please do what I did and contact your State Atty Generals office and the Better Business Bureau. My complaints were answered in writing by a Dish Representative (again...in writing) who should be writing fiction for a living !!! My honest belief is that they lie so much on an everyday basis that the truth simply does not exist in the DISH corporate culture.

dish sucks

Well i am a new customer of dish :( we have had the sorrow of having dish for a whole 6 weeks now and it has been a nightmare. It all started the very first night we had it installed.

Our dvr box decided to have problems so we called them and they shipped us a new box. So after that every thing went smooth for a week and then the 2nd box we have decided it isnt gonna work so we have to call again. So they send tech out and something was hooked up wrong then about 5 days later our remote decides it isnt gonna work so im calling them again so finally after 50 calles we get it all lined out in the mean time i have spoke to every cs person there is and they were all very rude. Well this past friday the fun began again. Our tv had a black screen we have 3 tv's and all but one wasnt working. So i call and i get some girl that you can tell hates her job so she isnt the most polite person she basically tells me what i'm telling her is impossible. So i work for an attorney so i go back to work and i talk to her about that and she tells me to get a copy of my contract so i call them and what do i hear, well we dont have your contract the installer still has it. Im like yeah what ever so i ask to talk to who ever that would have more information they put me through to someone else and i am told that it will take 2 or 3 weeks to recieve my contract through fax because it has to be processed and they have to find out if they can fax a copy to me. Well i inform them that i do work for an attorney and she has told me that if i want a copy they have to send it to me because it is my contract after all. Well they give me the runaround about not having it . So i informed them that i can alway send a motion down to the courts and get it signed by a judge making a order that they have to supply me with the contract or show up in court and show cause why they are in contempt. Well after 10 more min lisening to his nonsence i get off the phone not knowing no more then i did when i started. So all i can say is that dish network has the nastiest customer service i have ever seen and if you dont want to have to put up with all this bull crap sign up for directv. I left them not because of problems but because dish was cheeper but i have them coming back out on the 11 to install again and i would rather pay a little more and recieve better service all the way around.

James2868 Nov 17, 2013

I called dish after receiving a bill I was not aware of so I called them and they told me that it was for an engineers call made last month.
    I told them that the whole street had lost some signal as we had and that the engineer said there would not be a charge. He replaced a very old cable outside leading to the dish that they had installed years ago as my wife has been a customer for a long time and left his number as he wanted me to call him personally if we had other problems as he said they fired engineers who received complaints.
    The signal was not as good as before when he left but rather than wait in again for engineers we just accepted it.
    When I spoke to the customer service rep he was very apologetic and said if we had a $7 insurance we would not have been charged. I told him I did not wat insurance and he eventually said they would wave the fee. After a few moments however he said he could only wave $50 of the $95 dollar fee unless I signed up for the insurance. When I first called I was agitated but now I was angry and told him I did not like to be blackmailed to which he said I could cancel the insurance after 4 months which I did not believe as I have had problems cancelling extra stuff before and did not want that nightmare again.
    I asked for an address to write to but he would only put me through to an accounts specialist who basically told me the same thing again so I asked him for an address but he would only give me an email address.
    I told hin that blackmail was not the way to keep customers but he did not comment further. He told me he would wave the $50 dollars which I will only believe when I see it and I wrote an email complaining about the terrible and deceitful service Dish provides.

• Pa
    paul bozard Mar 14, 2015

Dish Network Sux! It is not user friendly at all!
    I had Direct Tv in Columbia, SC, but had to get dish in the mountains because Direct could not get a signal.
    I hate direct TV. With dish, I could record three shows at once and still watch live tv.
    I have a dual receiver with Dish and it's so ###ing complicated, that you have to have an engineering degree to figure the damn thing out. Once I get off this cold ### mountain (this summer thank GOD)...then I moving and going back to Direct TV!
    I don't care how much more Direct TV costs...it's worth it!

• Py
    Pyrite77 Sep 27, 2019

I rarely watch T.v. Waste of money for me actually. I had saved a bunch of movies to watch cuz the programs on t.v. today are so awful and the cross channel advertising truly pisses me off to the max. So anyway, tonight I turn on the t.v. to watch a movie and ALL of them are gone and it says my DVR is 100% full. Some program called Prime time live has been scheduled to record and I never even heard of that program so I would not have recorded it.
    Needless to say now I've been on hold for OVER 20 minutes to try to reach someone to get my DVR cleaned out of all the junk that somehow got recorded and to see if my movies are saved anywhere.
    I really cannot stand Dish TV and the only time I EVER swear is when I turn the damn t.v. on.
    I can't wait to cancel with them.
    They also must have done some weird forced Google thing cause it's a mess now and I remember getting some notice saying Google was going to be force pushed on to Dish users. Also can't stand Google so now I am just triple pissed off at the whole thing.

dish network disaster!

I don't have time to tell the whole story, blow by blow. You don't have time to read it!

Just the highlights:

I have been a loyal Dish customer since the early 90s. I pay my bills, on time. Their service never was good and it has been deteriorating dramatically. For 3 years I was charged for an additional receiver I DID NOT HAVE. Someone was getting service at my expense. No number of calls or complaints could get the charge off my bill. (A Dish employee perhaps the beneficiary???)

Finally, I contacted the State Attorney General. Dish didn't like that. Finally they agreed to credit my account substantially. When the next bill came, I had been CHARGED the amount that was to be credited. (There had been the ongoing collection of "little" mistakes, additions, etc. in the bills, NEVER TO MY ADVANTAGE!) But this was BIG.

Company response: denials, disconnects, unkept promises, lies, accusations (when and if I got through to someone). Response to written complaints: "We must have lost your letter."

I have been charged for equipment that I did not order; I have not received that which I did order. Charges appear on my bill that are totally fictitious. I am charged twice. Service calls are made and they do not show up. The equipment functions poorly if at all. The company provides what is now essentially NO SUPPORT. The [protected]-DISH number is a joke; it will take you hours to get through the multiple choices, the disconnects, the canned music, the obstructions, the uninformed and the unintelligent. When you manage to get a "human", they are in India or the Philippines, and don't speak English.

Unfortunately, Dish has a strangle hold on many areas of this country.

They are the best advertisement for buying books, newspapers, and computers I have seen!

Steer clear of this company at all cost!

Their performance is so bad, I seriously worry about their viability as a company: no one can be THAT bad and survive!

• Dw
    dw whitehead Jul 30, 2014

This company is the worst as farr as service. I never knew you could be in a contract and still pre pay. The programming stinks and the lest bit of rain and my service is interrupted. I ask for two days for a 51.00 bill and because I was in a prepay contract. they could not do it. Been with them 10 months and I will pay the termination fee just to get rid of them. Run don't walk as far away as you can get.

Resolved poor service!

Dish Network=Nightmare! I highly recommend staying away from this company. The fact that the person that...

overcharging and harassment!

Dish Network accounts receivable is absolutely unbelievable. I have received numerous calls from collection agencies for $$ that I do not owe. Not once have I received a call from Dish Network. DN has overcredited my account, charged my cc for amounts not owed and now months after all was settled ran another charge for $600 for equipment that was returned several months ago. I seriously wonder if part of their business model is to harass prior customers until they receive $$ that was not ever due to DN. Be very careful if you allow DN to charge to a CC. They will dig up any card # they have and run random charges without any written explanation.

• Ge
    Gerald Grandchamp Sep 30, 2010

I have not had dish network for almost two years. Now they are saying I did not return there receiver, which they sent a box out for within a week after discontinued service. They have started charging me monthly for service, which I'm not receiving and said they will look up and charge my credit card on file if I don't pay. Is there anything you can do about harrassment like this?

• Ke
    Kenny Kamel May 15, 2012

I had Dish for 2 years and had several issues with them overbilling me among other atrocious service problems. No matter how many times I called to resolve the problems, even if I did it before I expected to have an issue, it didn't make any difference. After my contract was up I cancelled my service and returned my equipment. They sent me a bill for over $170 for a subscription package that I NEVER EVEN USED, in fact even if I were to subscribe to this programming it wouldn't even begin until two months AFTER I cancelled service. I still get calls from Dish demanding that I pay them this money, FU buddy and I don't care if you want to report me to a collection agency/scammer. I've filed two BBB claims against Dish (both successful) and this is the only way to get them to back off.

unable to terminate service!

In november of 2006, I informed dish that I was terminating my service. I had already contracted with another company.in may of 2007, I received a statement for charges. I contacted the company, explained that I no longer had their service and was informed that I had not terminated service. I had merely put my service on vacation hold. During the initial conversation when I terminated my service, I asked the rep what I needed to do with the dish equipment and she told me that since it was mine, I could give it away if I wished. Now, I ask you. Did that sound like someone who was putting their service on vacation hold. I did not even know there was such a thing as vacation hold. So, I was told that was the information that was keyed into their system and I would be responsible for charges. I told them I would not pay for services I was not receiving and surely they could determine if a household was receiving a signal.in june, I received another bill and again contacted the company. I was told the same thing about the vacation hold and that unfortunately, the company would use that day's date as official notification that I was terminating the service and I would be responsible for all charges. I have no intention of paying these charges. I do not know why the rep entered my information as vacation hold but it is their problem. I did not ask for it and had no reason to do so. As far as I am concerned, it is a gimmick to continue assessing charges. If I had known a simple phone call was not sufficient to terminate service, I would have sent up a hot air balloon with notice.

fraud by their use of the Elephant Group

I received a flyer in the mail that I thought was from Dish Network. They were offering promotions that I liked so I called the number thinking I was talking to Dish Network. They even answered the phone Dish Network.

I was instead talking to the Elephant Group with out my knowledge. They took my credit card number for installation and first month billing. I was authorizing Dish Network for use of the credit card, I didn't know I was giving info to a telemarketer!

I later find charges on my credit card billing statement for Block buster on line and Member Services. Came to about $40 for both a month. I called the number on the statement for Member Services and find out it is called E Club.

The Elephant Group had given them my credit card number with out my authorization! I have found out all this info from numerous calls to Dish Network and Via Satellite (installer of the Dish equipment)

Dish Network is very aware of the Elephant Group's practice since this has been going on for years but they will deny any knowledge of anything or responsiblity for anything.

But they hired them and they know they are impersonating themselves as Dish Network and by fraud getting info from Dish Network customers to sell.

The Elephant Group also told me they had vacation incentive packages sent to my home so I know they sold my address to those companies.

I am terrified my indenty is going to be stolen as this personal info is being sold all over and outside the country.

It is all very deceiving and they should be shut down for fraud. I have cancelled my credit card immediately so they do not sneak in more charges and disputing all the current charges. I have also sent a complaint to Federal Consumer Protection and Consumer Protection of VA and the BBB of CO against Dish Network.

When I made calls to the Elephant Group they are extremely rude. I asked them to stop selling my personal info and they said I do not know what I am talking about and will continue to do so.

Some one has got to shut this deceptive telemarketing group down!